Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Quinton posted:

1. Holy crap, Vattu is back in the flutelands after 700-ish pages of being away...
http://www.rice-boy.com/vattu/index.php?c=878

2. Do we know who that soldier talking to her is?
(I am terrible at telling Sahtans apart, beyond Calirus's distinctive broken nose and a couple others)

besides being the driver of the cart vattu left sahta in, we haven't, i don't think. whatever happens in this scene is gonna loving wreck me, i can feel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

reignonyourparade posted:

My first webcomic was some... gag a day comic with a "[character] and [character]" name and I want to say one of them was a penguin? But most importantly it had a link to Order of the Stick I eventually discovered and THAT had links at the time to a bunch of other stuff.

Holy poo poo I remember reading that comic. It was about a polar bear (who’s name was Wallace iirc) that ended up in Antarctica and his penguin friend, haven’t thought about it for ages.

I’m pretty sure my first webcomic was xkcd, posted on some blog I was following at the time. I definitely remember seeing a lot of sprite comics too, but I never really gave them much notice as I was always looking for cheat codes, not fanfic.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
wigu is the the normal of webcomics and I kinda miss it

tinaun fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 2, 2018

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Straight White Shark posted:

Shezek tried to stand up to Bakrah last time and Bakrah is not a very nice person

He's also trying to get the grish to see him as the replacement to Gasha. Now that Gasha is dead, Bakrah needs another strong force to lead the grish - and he decided to just take control for himself. He saw how Gasha used the ritualized combat to gain power and influence so he's stepping in to claim it for himself rather than manipulating from the sidelines.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
if you haven't read rice boy read rice boy

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
don't you have to sign a contract and give up some rights to get on webtoons? i vaguely remember a twitter thread complaining about it

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

fun hater posted:

hey, hey hold on a minute buster!! i said sequential!! not continuity!! that's two different things! dinosaur comics is a comic because it's a series of images ordered sequentially to tell a narrative (even if its a short joke)! continuity is the maintenance of unbroken action or canon in a sequence within the art itself!! i feel these are two separate things!!

e: to be honest i think this is an interesting discussion, after homestuck i had hoped that more people would get wild with their infinite canvases a la 17776 for comics but it never really happened. but i hope it does so that this discussion does become even more blurred and messy, sincerely. comics are a weird evolving medium especially since now they can spill over the "pages"

Id argue that the only part of 17776 that really makes sense as a "comic" is the very first page, with the use of calendars to indicate the passage of time and how it places the dialog within those calendars reminding me a bunch of some indie comics i read in the 90s whos name escapes me now with like long stretches of obscure / abstract panel art combined with grounded dialog

World Famous W posted:

The lack of love of CRISIS ZONE hurts me personally

i love crisis zone but it is an incredibly 2020 comic, it is very much not of the 2010s

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
It kinda works through the ruffle plugin or by downloading the swf files and running in a standalone flash player, but both are pretty broken

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
discounting all the weird time poo poo and flashbacks, the first 4000 pages of homestuck took place over like 30 hours (only 600 or so individual updates though)

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Hempuli posted:

Does anyone have a link to a webcomic that starts with a man saying 'Hello!' to the reader, hitting rock bottom in his life and being saved by a ramen shop owner? I think the name might've been just Hello!, and the setup built to a family drama featuring ramen business and fighting thugs with barstools. I had the comic bookmarked for a long time but the site died, and later on I lost the bookmark.

You are probably thinking of Great, by the dearly departed (I heard somewhere that he died but I’m not sure) Ryan Armand

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
noc owns

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The first passage of 3rd Voice is done today. 380 pages in a little over 14 months, what a pace. Really fantastic stuff as usual.

I still can’t believe noc is daoots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Says something about the state of webcomics that it’s only active when talking about comics that have been dead for years.

If you want to have tedious arguments could it at least be about something new?