Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I follow hundreds of webcomics. RSS is literally the only way I can keep up with them. If a comic doesn't have a working RSS feed, I will not remember its existence to check it for updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
prunes?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
"Nick identifies as a copter" is entirely people reading in their own issues into a comic that already straight up accepts trans theory 101 as an assumed.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Playing with a transphobic meme like is dangerous. Out of context it sounds really bad.

Well good news, the comic doesn't do that, and the claim that it does was pretty lovely.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think that thread got closed when the indeterminate hiatus of comic-death descended on SFP.

Actually, that's an interesting question (to me): What are some comics that went onto indefinite hiatus and then actually came back and finished?

Zebra Girl went on a small 11 year hiatus, and then came back and actually got a satisfying ending.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I read all my comics via feedly. It's kind of a pain in the rear end to dig through your subscriptions and actually remove a feed, so a comic really has to piss me off before I bother.

There's a bunch of comics I've only stopped following just because the rss feed broke and I haven't thought of them often enough to notice.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Honestly I don't think any of these modern attempts at webcomic horrors have managed to surpass the classic Look What I Brought Home yet for sheer irredeemable shittiness.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't really care at all about Jeph Jacques's butt choices or aspirations, but the reason he gave for censoring the butt was interesting to me. Does Google Ads really get angry at people for veering a bit from sfw stuff on occasion?

I think it's not even hypothetical, IIRC google already gave him grief about showing roboass in a previous comic and he had to replace it with a censored version, and he just skipped the extra step this time.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Has Alethia been mentioned yet? It's a sci-fi story about dysfunctional robot societies, and an amnesiac dysfunctional robot traveling from place to place, obsessed with repairing their inefficiencies. The story's been kind of stuck in one zone for a few chapters now (the peril of Writing About Writing), but there's some powerful lesrobotic energy to things from flagging too badly.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
A bit tangential, but Meredith Gran, Professor of Webcomics has put out a new trailer for the point-and-click adventure game she's been working on.

https://vimeo.com/437156887

The millennial energy is powerful.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Is there a functioning rss feed for FFaK? I want to follow it but these days I can't remember to check a website every so often just in case maybe updates.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Yeah that one broke ages ago, sadly. Oh, well.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Recommend me some good gay webcomics, I need something to read and I'm still pissed about how Beastars ended because I'm trash.

Peritale, a slightly gay comic about lovely fairies, just wrapped up a VERY gay side story about differently lovely fairies (an elf and a troll that gay chicken each other into getting married and raising a human baby.)

https://www.peritale.com/comic/lom001

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
My favorite example was Kid Radd, which was lost because the Internet it was designed for doesn't exist anymore. You need to dig out ancient web browsers from the dawn of html in order to view it natively.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
To create the universe, you must first unfuck your css.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
World on fire so what

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Webcomics have, for better or mostly worse, been completely industrialized at this point. There's still quality bespoke stuff out there, of course, even on the content mills, but it's just going to get harder and harder to find anything unique as it gets drowned out in the noise. That's why threads like this are good, get the stuff that deserves to be seen out there where people can see it, even if it's just goons

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Neito posted:

I remember when Sluggy Freelance crossed over with User Friendly for like five strips.

I kind of miss the days when every webcomic would cross over with every other webcomic for no goddamn reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
You've stumbled on how Weedmaster P unloadsall the merch they don't technically have the rights to anymore.