Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

If the OP is still taking suggestions for Good Webcomics:

ALL-STARS:
Kiwi Blitz: A robotics billionaire's eccentric daughter decides to become a super hero, but ends up making things worse for everyone around her. By Mary Cagle, creator of Let's Speak English and Sleepless Domain.

Fantasy:
Parallax: A below-average high school receives a strange shard of glass by his homeroom teacher and becomes a (very pink) magical super hero.
Awaken: A sheltered playboy rich kid's life is upended after he begins to manifest magical powers in a magic-suppressing authoritarian city state.
Everblue: In a world covered by water and dotted with floating city states, a talented shipwright encounters a drifter with a flying boat who claims he's out to find the "New World" beyond the sea.
Thistil Mistil Kistil: A recently-deceased Viking boy is sent by Odin on a quest to recover the lost fragments of the Aesir's weapons, which were stolen by Loki. And the only one who can help him get them back... is Loki. (currently on extended hiatus)

Science Fiction:
Moképon: A "mature" Pokémon fan comic that actually looks at the Pokémon world from a mature adult perspective instead of your average grimdark teenage "mature" take on the franchise.

Horror/Paranormal:
The Zombie Hunters: A crew of wasteland scavengers for one of the last outposts of humanity left in the world struggle to come to terms with the death of their former captain (and the conspiracy that killed him).

Seconding these two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mr Phillby posted:

It is maddening how often you see animation smears being posted as examples of bad animation or mistakes. I also remember how many people hated the Pain vs. Naruto fight for going off model despite it being legit the best piece of animation in entire run of that stiff rear end show.

People cherry picking to prove a point? Why I never!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What are they doing now?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nuns with Guns posted:

Welp guess SuperHappy wore out his welcome with other comic creators

https://twitter.com/Iron_Spike/status/923006726902652929

I need the whole story please.

Because this sounds like a fun trip :munch:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh right, the Girly comic dude.

In hindsight, something had to be off with that dude, but not that off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AriadneThread posted:

you're all going to hell

e: me too

as a lefty, checks out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tollymain posted:

huh,when did avas demon come back

That's my thoughts. It dropped off for a while and I totally forgot about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Willis still makes comics?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

:lol: I knew it was her. (also I don't care if it wasn't, their gimmick got stale months ago anyway)

It was pretty obvious.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AriadneThread posted:

i think the problem was they showed up at lowtax's door, which is what made it a bannable offense to begin with

It's this. You can split hairs over what's bannable and what's not, but threatening a politican's life is not debatable in any way shape or form.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Goonish Shive is still going?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Calaveron posted:

Fuckin christ zen pencils

What happened this time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fangz posted:

The point of the comic isn't "murder rocks", it's "tell someone, or it'll escalate to murder".

I mean it's dumb but it's a different kind of dumb.

That's a very generous (and likely accurate) reading, but given the guy's history, yeah...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Guys shut up and move on.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Morbi posted:

Claims that I still post in this thread are lies and I will not stand for them

You just posted in this thread.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

Generally speaking, hockey players tend to be 6'+. Players who are like 5'9" are considered small for the sport. So yeah, in the real world, Eric would be of average height. But in the hockey world, which the comic is based and stylized around, he's positively minuscule.

Mats Zuccarello is also 5'7" and he's a fan favorite in NY for the Rangers.

Also, I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Check Please.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mycot posted:

I always thought this comic was a spinoff of Shortpacked/Dumbing of Age/whatever. Am I going crazy or is there any basis to my memories?

You're going crazy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mine...

Was Walky :negative:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serious question:

How is The Draw Play not in the Goon made comic list? It's done by Febreeze. It's a US Football comic, focusing on the NFL and all the silliness involved.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GlyphGryph posted:

Anyone else read Stand Still Stay Silent? I just stumbled across it and am liking it quite a lot.

Definitely my favorite post apocyptic zombie comic I have found, all the better because it doesnt have any zombies

It does the best thing you can with zombies and other horrors: acknowledge they're there, show them on occasion, but keep them off screen as much as possible.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FunkyAl posted:

i thought the best thing you can do with zombies and other horrors is chase them around an abandoned castle with a giant butterfly net

I'm goign to see more evidence than just text.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So what's a good RSS feed aggregator? I should probably get around to doing this one of these days.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nuns with Guns posted:

just read Girl Genius instead. At least the Foglios own up to hungrily objectifying the science-girl and she's probably escaped her third or fourth castle by now.

I totally ended up dropping it after the plot stalled in the family's castle. Does it still suffer from the pacing issues?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TwoPair posted:

Not technically an old comic, but David Willis will keep writing comics with the same central cast until he keels over at his tablet

What comic is he doing with this now?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ava's Demon has been updating regularly(ish) again.

Someone please hug her, thank you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

morallyobjected posted:

has there ever been a good QC guest strip? like good on JJ for taking time to rebuild his buffet and rest and whatnot but the only thing worse than QC guest comics is yelling bird comics

You shut your heretic mouth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

what the gently caress. I liked that comic despite the release pace.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah that's one webcomic less on my feed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

Sweet Jesus, this one. The Twitter and Facebook pages for its "publisher" is an amazing wonderland of Dunning-Kruger madness. Also blatant intellectual property theft.

Holy poo poo :allears:

What are they stealing, so we can report it to Kickstarter.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, she was taking a break between "years" (read: volumes), A. to build a buffer, and B. to work on the 3rd volume kickstarter

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ava's Demon was loving with the medium, but that's a gross can of worms now that I'd rather not touch again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, [un]Divine got real interesting real quick.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Today, in [un]Divine, the poo poo has finally hit the fan in a major way.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's one of those webcomics I should totally read but haven't :smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:yikes:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TwoPair posted:

Why are we talking about PFSC a bunch, did the Artist Formerly Known As John Campbell do something crazy recently? It doesn't even have demons in it, what is this thread becoming.

Why the Formerly Known As bit?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is Dresden Kodak still "updates when the artist feels like it" a la Megatokyo?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:yikes:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's still loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meanwhile, in Sleepless Domain, NO DON'T TURN AROUND