Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Godslave's comment section continues to prove itself a valuable resource on ancient egyptian mythology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Wilde Life finished its eleventh chapter, in which the protagonist came within a fractional distance of being killed by a giant spider monster's poison.
Despite this, the end of the chapter is easily the worst thing to happen in the entire comic so far. Don't click these if you don't like implications of domestic abuse.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 24, 2020

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

Snouts adventures are completely aimless and his balls isn't even that nice.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

oriongates posted:

There really should be some socially acceptable way to just shout "I recognize you and are pleased you are alive but have not planned a followup to this statement!"

"Hey! Good to see ya!"

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

readingatwork posted:

Axed update:

I just binged around 32 chapters of this and I love it to death. I kind of hate it's core message that wage labor is good actually but the plot is such a non-element in the big picture that I can't really bring myself to care all that much. Definitely one I'd highly recommend.
Lucky bastard. I got up into the point you mentioned - around ~24-25 chapters in - and I just couldn't keep going. Really couldn't stand that moment at all, not just because I hated the message but because it seemed to actively contradict the entirety of the comic up until that point. Jobs aren't necessary to give people purpose, damnit, as can be seen by (well, besides recorded history) the protagonist continuously failing to replace her old purpose in life by applying to awful jobs!

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 21, 2020

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

All Night Laundry has finally come to its end!

It's been quite a journey. I really enjoyed this story and I heartily recommend it to anyone that hasn't checked it out yet.
So yeah I read this and thank you very much for directly leading to that.
There's really not much more that I can say!

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

That is correct.

quote:

i already talked about it on tumblr but i could talk about, in general, how the landscape of A Ghost Story has changed as i’ve changed coasts and finally have first hand experience of the buildings and environments im trying to draw.
This in particular is something I'm pretty interested in.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Binky's partner.
And also the clown McBell saved the life of when the car she was being transported in got rpg'd in chapter 1. Which, as people have alluded to, gets even more interesting considering that was done by the guys Oates is working for.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

welp, I had been kind of checked out of Godslave but it has my attention again now
It is my great pleasure to report that This* Continues To Happen.

*Help, I've run into my divine nemesis Heru, heir of Ra and son of Osiris, taking his family to Boston Pizza in full dad mode.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

'They reinvented the wheel in the dumbest way possible' perfectly fits all my experiences with Penny Arcade's art.
I unironically would like to know more, or at least get a link to it - most of what I've seen of people criticizing the arc of penny arcade's art isn't super in-depth and I'm curious for more details.
I mean, I don't disagree with 'it looks gross as hell, and not in a good way.' I'd just like to hear it in more depth.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

On a completely different note, Ben Fleuter, creator of Sword Interval, has started a new comic!

The opening page is very strong.
Now THAT'S a motherfuckin' infinite'd canvas! Also (I'm pretty sure), a riding gastropod, armoured for war.

Osmosisch posted:

I'm pretty sure Spacetrawler got posted in one of these threads not that long ago. Quite the ride, I liked it.
I know for a fact it got posted in the BYOB Webcomics Thread in a year or two ago.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Sword Interval was dope as hell, even with the truncated ending due to real life ecological catastrophe.
A comic about looming global catastrophe ending abruptly due to irl looming global catastrophe is in some hosed-up ways even better than it ending fully realized.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Wilde Life's default is Mon-Wed-Fri, conversation on it is presumably heating up now because events in the strip are also a bit tense.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Fairmeadow today gave us one hell of a reaction image for implicitly admitting war crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

mycatscrimes posted:

All I know is I will never start reading it again unless it does end, because I found the endless diversions and how long it took to get resolution on anything maddening, even though I liked it well enough.

Also after a while the whole treatment of Sparks as superior, even with lip service to the idea that their personalities can make them dangerous and destructive, just got grating to me. More of a me issue, I think, it's not really conflicting with the tone of the story or anything, I just dislike it.
I forget if it was always both of these with me or if it started as the first and then the more I looked back on it the more the whole thing turned into the second. Whacky shithead megalomaniacs running everything that are born superior seems bad enough, having much of the answer to that turn out to be the protagonist being a whacky shithead megalomaniac that was born the MOST superior due to her cool heritage of having the best whacky shithead megalomaniac aristrocratic ancestors that were all born indeed very superior seems worse.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 4, 2023