Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Erin's speaking some hard truths to her sister, all the while wearing what ever so much looks to be a hospital gown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20170925. This really is dovetailing nicely into the start of The Big Hiatus.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

amigolupus posted:

He really is like a leech at this point. I'm worried he'll blow up Mildred and her parents sooner or later.

Clearly Tim needs to give up Science and return to the noble profession of music criticism. Only then will he be able to live happy ever after with Dr. Ladysounds

Onean posted:

While I enjoy almost every Three Panel Soul update, the returning characters and their arcs are my favorite part and it seems like there's going to be another arc with Jo/Handsome Bob. These two, since it's been a bit:

Jo and Handsome Bob are my favorite regular 3PS characters (more Jo, but I'm a sucker for the existence of the fantastical against a mundane backdrop), so that's cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I have a real hard time thinking Allison is going to kill pregnant/new mother Shelley. It's not outside the realm of possibility, but that seems darks even for him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Eustace was 24, but Mildred had it all worked out

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

HMS Beagle posted:

John Allison has made the least surprising announcement of the year.

This is all just an elaborate con of Robert Cop fans.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20171121
Linton's right. People who don't use their monitor's maximum available resolution are definitely insane.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh Eustace, you are so Useless.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Maybe they were leaving those for anyone caught short on the loo.

In Webcomics news: Shelley's not kidding.

We have an actual Esther De Groot sighting in Bad Machinery/Scary Go Round! It's a Christmas miracle!

And she's apparently...talking to a red robot? Man, Giant Days must be going in some weird directions. (Nice use of panel blocking to conceal who, if anyone, she showed up with, though). And I think that's Jack's sister's friend Lauren he's talking to. Oh, and Elliot's there, maybe talking to Holly.

Shelby Winner's a bit of a surprise. Although that might be Mrs. Lord, considering Ken's right there.

And Little Claire is doing a Dazzler cosplay.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I loved the reveal of that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Seems like Future Scout's being used to retroactively make Tim less of a danger to himself and others.

Typical Tim Jones, relying on a dangerous invention to get himself out of trouble! :argh:

Making Tim dead will lessen the danger he poses to people yes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Desmond Fishman showing an interest in a person not himself? :monocle:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm down for anything that gives Linton a personality trait outside of being horny. His character has been drowning in hormones since, like, Case 4.

Yeah, about that...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Straight White Shark posted:

Do you mean Bad Machinery, the currently running comic hosted at scarygoround.com, or its predecessor comic, Scary Go Round?

I think it's back to being called Scary Go Round.

Either way, starting out with bad machinery is probably right. If there's something truly important from the days of yore Allison is good about mentioning it with a link back to the relevant old comic, which is a huge rabbit hole for me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, I called it with Giant Days #35! Lottie is confirmed! Weird to see her in someone else's art style for a change.

Lottie's "J'Accuse!" finger always makes me laugh.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

There was Katie Cook's Gronk, but she hasn't updated that in ages.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Clearly they needed to bring Shauna along.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The third panel contains what might be my all time favorite reaction face Allison's ever drawn.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh my god. :allears:

Also, Zebus' dad is a good dad. :3:

I hope Allison never explains the origin of Zebus' family, and they just remain these high fantasy goofballs hanging out in Tackleford, because why wouldn't they?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

Shelly Winters will never go away.

Good :hai:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, a far more welcome return in the latest two Scary Go Rounds.

"Nang" might be my favorite Allison onomatopoeia.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wait, Fit Mum's a stripper? I mean whatever pays the bills, no judging, I just must've missed it if It had been mentioned earlier.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's so sad, cancer is just the worst. :smith:

In happier news, it's good to see that Lottie's mystery instincts are as sharp as ever.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Apparently Tawny Biffen is just Guy Fieri.

The Wen-Tack Tunnel is going straight to Flavortown.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

I'm so glad I got back into Bad Machinery/Scary Go Round. I love Shauna and the role that Lottie has had in the new generation

And he gave Logan Paul a dicknose in today's SGR

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

tbh I still think of Sarin as the "new" artist on Giant Days.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Those last two panels of Mildred today have strong av potential

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

Scary Go Round update: Uh-oh.

:getin:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mildred!! :argh:
(Honestly though, all the terminology in that strip was Greek to me)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Literally the extent of my knowledge about British schools comes from Harry Potter, and a brief skim of Wikipedia, so that was informative

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

When is John Allison going to start posting online updates regularly again.

https://twitter.com/badmachinery/status/1027272724291440641

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bobbins.horse is back!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Can 'Smoothful Moves' be HP's new canon name now?

So in non-SD chat, what are people thinking of the new Destroy History storyline?

NEMS is okay, but not quite clicking with me for some reason. The art is some of the best Allison's done, but I guess I'm more interested in Shelley adventuring in history than Beatles fanfic.

My question is how long have the SGR archives been offline? I went to go and reread the time teapot storyline and it's gone. :mad:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Extremely cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The_Other posted:

Just a heads up, the next Steeple story Christmas with Clovis starts tomorrow on steeple.church. Also Allison posted a one page "parish notices" in the style of the old Marvel "bullpen bulletins", which you may find interesting. Here's part of it, a comic checklist:

Allison always does such a good job with those bullpen pages.