Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

FunkyAl posted:

A one off called "Party Bear" which now exists nowhere.
omg i loved this one too

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The weirdest thing is that, based on the timing, the thing that finally set this guy off after almost two decades of gay, trans, etc characters was two dudes chastely holding hands.
stuff that makes them feel tender emotion tends to make these guys panic and freak out

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

my webcomic contains zero incest

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Regarde Aduck posted:

I was all like 'oh no is Lore Olympus that lovely one with the colours???'
that's my rear end

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Straight White Shark posted:

The entirety of PFSC exists on a sliding scale between being a creative outlet to cope with depression and being an uncomfortably personal window into someone's raw depression and it's not always easy to tell from the outside where exactly it crosses from one to the other.
which is why it's great art!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

i'm not disagreeing with anyone in this thread. mental illness is a horrible thing, the affective disorders can ruin a person's life and destroy their chances of reaching their potential in many spheres - there are many facets to a human existence, and artistic excellence (which jc achieved imo) is only one of them. but i also can't deny that some of the best art of our species comes from life-destroying mental health crises, and always has.

think of my friend leonard cohen. it's kind of like saying that new skin for the old ceremony is high art, because he was doing okay psychologically when he made it, but songs of love and hate is a window onto somebody's breakdown and needs to be treated not as art, but as something tragic and awful and traumatic - because that's what it is to its creator. but both are genius albums, both are art. lc could never bring himself to listen to songs of love and hate; jc probably never will be able to bring themselves to read pictures for sad children. but it's all still art.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Xun posted:

edit: new avatar obtained

some good came out of this whole fiasco :unsmith:

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

here's abaddon's twitter thread, btw
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1374411484617273350
it's good advice for everybody

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

On the subject of remembered comics we can't find, what was the name of that strange comic/multimedia project set in a future with wide use of virtual reality? Felt kind of snowcrash-ish, had a layabout protagonist with an rear end in a top hat drug popping friend. I remember that it had lots of clickable and sort of animated/sound features on each page. I can picture it but have no idea what it was named.
was it hobo lobo?

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

fritz posted:

That was a great comic but it wasn't set in the future.
it was a wild guess, i actually never got to read it because my internet at the time couldn't handle the multimedia. australia lol :kiddo:

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

fun hater posted:

you don't really retire from cartooning across any medium unless you're one of the lucky ones lol
or one of the unlucky ones, i retired from cartooning at 26 thanks to spine problems, the bane of mankind

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

from 2009-2012 inclusive i was very mean about webcomics, and i wish i could go back in time, slap myself, and say "you are pissing on people who are expressing themselves openly for the first time in their lives and you should not do it anymore"

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

PMush Perfect posted:

Diaz is someone who is an excellent (if slow) artist, but who desperately needs a writer/co-author, or at least someone to sanity check her ideas.
i never was able to get into dresden (though there were a few good pages) but i really loved her art tips on tumblr