Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The next set of panels really needs to be the various demons going OOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ava's Demon took a long break for a big end-of-chapter animation and apparently some kickstarter book stuff but now it's back in full-swing (for a given value of 'full-swing').

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Heliotrope posted:

Does Odin have a demon like the others? I don't recall it showing up or him mentioning anything about one.

Yeah its Pedri, Wrathia's husband, and they do not get on At All.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oglaf loving rules.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The implication seems to be that Nevy and Wrathia had a childhood thing but then Wrathia got amped up on absolute power and royalty, Kill Six Billion Demons-style, and ended it. Pedri was original adjunct/confidant to Nevy (telescope panel) and maybe they tried to kill Wrathia (knives panel) but Wrathia got wise/jealous and seduced him away (fawning Pedri panel). Wrathia is still terrible always basically.

Ava's Demon is beautiful but we're years in and haven't the characters been traveling for like a week?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 13, 2018

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I mean that isn't a bad thing but the single-panel method of telling a story AD has gives the entire thing a really weird sense of things happening but no time passing. I can't really think of how to describe it but a decent comparison I can make is Check! Please which also kind of does a similar thing of releasing in episodic batches of panels/minipages, but that comic has solid things and progress happening in it. AD meanwhile feels like a bunch of stuff has happened but they've barely made headway besides "assemble protagonists" and "Titan is bad". Just finally kind-of sorta maybe all of them finally becoming aware they're all in pacts has taken 1800+ pages when it's been teased for years. Ava literally told Maggie "we are both in Pacts" at panel 900 or so.

I enjoy reading AD but I'm not convinced it's good. Dunno how else to put it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Xun posted:

Wait how long has this been running? I didn’t realize it moved so slowly. Now that I think about it, the story seems fine when I was marathoning but it did have a lot of pages to get through what I feel like is still an introduction phase. Oh well I guess that’s slow rear end webcomic pacing for you
Three or four years at this point I think?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In conclusion, webcomics is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does GG seem to be approaching any kind of end? It just goes on and at some point I must have said "I'll read it when it ends" and that was a decade ago.