Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punkybird
Dec 20, 2004

LOL never change guys. what else you wanna know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punkybird
Dec 20, 2004

Mercury Hat posted:

Not a question but congrats on getting your twitter account back, I was afraid you'd lost it forever, lol :toot: .

Thank you lol I feel pretty dumb about it, and touched that so many people cared. Made me miss being active in more online places.

Rand Brittain posted:

What is Larry selling out of his van? He seems to have a prep table but not a refrigerator and it seems like this got started a little too early for him to be a legal weed delivery boy (also the box is too big).

Just doing non-specific gig deliveries.

Yvonmukluk posted:

No question, just thanks for making this add-on to such a great comic. As someone who's going to be 30 this year, OP really speaks to me. It was like catching up with old friends.

I'm hearing this sentiment a lot, that people feel close and familiar with the characters and it's really life affirming I gotta say. Thanks so much.

shirts and skins posted:

Eyyyy thanks for making more OP! Fantastic work as always.

It was a pleasure!

punkybird
Dec 20, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Did you always kinda know where the characters would wind up years later at the end of OP or was writing this story the first time you'd really thought about it? I mean, obviously a lot had to change due to COVID, but just the general idea.

A little of each, though the window of what I wanted to show changed. My first pass had a lot of things that were in hindsight still "20s stuff" like weddings, deciding to have a baby, getting closure on that long-term relationship. Not that people only do these things in their 20s (I did not), but they all felt more transitional from the previous thing than an actual crossing over to a new place. Let's see them in the marriage, on an irreversible parenthood track, cutting through the bullshit to the essence of love... that's the new poo poo!!

threelemmings posted:

But anyways even without being familiar with the cast I really enjoyed the coda and it's a testament to the writing that despite knowing basically nothing it was enjoyable to read and all the characters resonated.

Glad to hear! I knew the story would reward the longtime reader, but I try not to be too alienating or self-referential in my work.

Not So Fast posted:

Just got around to reading that Octopus Pie update and now I'm crying over it. Thanks again for such a great comic.

:sickos:

punkybird
Dec 20, 2004

So glad you thought so. I don't wanna bogart the thread anymore but thank you all for reading it and sharing how it affected you! Really makes my day/week.