Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
I am far more likely to end up planning to play only an hour and realize five or six have gone by, but I'm more okay with working with less than perfect ratios. Sure it makes a mess, but when it reaches a critical point I can rip it all up and make a more efficient layout to be able to make things in bulk easier. Ratios are something for being worked out as a tileable design, blueprinted, then placed again and again in future worlds with less thinking. If you're going into modded, I've heard of a mod that will help by just telling you what the ratios are, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Glazius posted:

Can you, like, recycle your old furnaces or anything? Or is the only option to just smash them into oblivion?

Only Stone Furnaces which can be used to make Boilers. Steel furnaces are only useful longer if you're okay with going pollution heavy like for the mentioned achievement for not using solar. Eventually then, you'll probably want to move to electric ones anyway just because modules besides efficiency mean you'll be getting more stuff.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

No plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

As long as you have a bunch of turrets loaded with a good stockpile of "plan" and no enemy ever survives contact with "plan" long enough to damage the turrets, that's just fine.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
If you want to use robots to kill your enemies, it's far more effective to use the construction and logistics ones to manage waves of turrets using blueprints since you can pick up the majority of what's used and move it on ahead to kill again. Laser turrets are great for this.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
The thing that hurts most about the belt overflow mod is that the devs had decided belts were ALREADY NOT USEFUL ENOUGH and upgraded splitters in .16 so that it would be worth using them more. The idea of "let's nerf them even harder than they were before" is almost obscene.

• Locked thread