Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It's a fish! They tend to spawn randomly near the shores of big enough water sources and can be grabbed once you're close enough. Pollution doesn't appear to affect them and if you want you can grab an infinite amount but it's generally never worth doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It's deliberate, you can make your own creep err..concrete by combining iron ore, stone and water together in a factory.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

You can also use the tank as a pretty effective battering ram, if you don't mind patching it up afterward from running directly into spawners and worms.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Piercing Shotgun ammo combined with the eventual auto-shotgun results in a blender that'll ruin any biter group below behemoth. And it will render biter bases and worms to shreds in seconds. It's not disappointing in the slightest. :colbert:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Modders.

The fact everything is done off a few base resources is actually one of the things I like about Factorio.

no having everything stop because I lack a few ounces of Pt or something

Or having a few extra ounces of Pt show up randomly after smelting.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It can get worse. Add on Sea Block, the Factorio's version of Minecraft's skyblocks. You get everything from dredging the water for sludge and algae then endlessly processing it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Your efforts in Bob's Mods had inspired me to start my own trek into the blackhole of modded Factorio with a similar mod set, barring belt overflow for obvious reasons. It's oddly compelling to be fiddling around pre-green science and still have things to experiment with.

• Locked thread