Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Because they understand that we all just want to remove toxins by wrapping ourselves in saran wrap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

tetsuo posted:

Did OP ever get an answer or just yelled at for asking an innocent question based on fact and science?

Yeah, it was discussed pretty thoroughly.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How dare people let themselves be taken advantage of?? it's an important lesson!!!! fools!!

*cries because someone betrayed goonswarm again in eve online* huh-bluhh blubb, how could you Deathkiller Cybertaint?? the years we had together, did they mean nothing to u :qq:

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
pick i feel like you have an MLM story to share with us

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

just another posted:

pick i feel like you have an MLM story to share with us

no, my parents are incredibly frugal, if they got a whiff i was into an mlm they would kick my rear end

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Yeah she must have been genuinely out of ideas to approach me. I also just remember it was this: https://parklanejewellery.com.au/

Park Lane Jewellery? I dunno if it's Australia specific - does this appear overseas?

EDIT: ah, here we go:

Founded in Chicago in 1955 by Arthur and Shirley LeVin, Jewels by Park Lane defines 'The American Dream'. As the world's leading direct sales jewelry party plan company, Park Lane proudly offers exceptional quality jewelry that is backed by an unconditional guarantee.

Was going to show you photos of the kind of people selling this stuff according to their website:

But...

So, I worked for a company that put the software together for these MLM groups to use with their "consultants" -- whereupon our application could generate individual websites for each person to hawk the products of the non-corporate entity that produced this magical cashflow. In addition to also being the back-end to track inventory and money owed by each individual, they could provide a user name and photo and our software could spit out a website just like that; broken images and all. We weren't paid to fix the images, or even tell them how to configure it properly, as the software was already sold to the rear end in a top hat MLM company.

The owner of our company was a greedy tyrant that would typically force most of his programmers to stay late fixing bugs that were reported by customers because he had forced them to push un-tested patches earlier in the week.

He would demand that people stick around or look for another job; and often be red in the face after the tirade from his office door had finished.
Somehow, they had gotten deals with companies that post hundreds of millions of yearly revenue; housing terabytes of data.
In short, working there wasn't pleasant; and we all knew exactly what these companies were. They are all run by even more rude and belligerent assholes than I described above.

Oh... and if they wanted support, well that was another tier of payments they would need to make. Do you see where this is going? The entire Multi-level Marketing industry is most likely trying to bail itself out of a sinking ship.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 25, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And here I thought most MLM companies big enough to need actual real paid staff for administration and maintenance carefully kept them siloed from the suckers.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
They do; some of the bigger and more established companies have professional corporate staff for whom working there is just like working at any other publicly traded corporation.

Most of them are even prohibited from becoming "distributors" or whatever.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Pick posted:

men: *destroy economic and educational opportunities for women* why are WOMEN so GOD-DAMNED dumb?! also why aren't their boobs waggling around?

note: I was recently probated for such a post, so please see above that this is a direct response to actual content in this thread

Pick hates men is the new GBS hates women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Women be fallin for multi level marketing scams

• Locked thread