Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

hello

Moving back up to college. Update ETA tomorrow night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

Moving back up to college. Update ETA tomorrow night

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

"A grudge over food is deeper than the ocean."

I remember going back to college and being busy busy busy for the first few weeks of the semester, ahhhh good times.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Toughy posted:

I remember going back to college and being busy busy busy for the first few weeks of the semester, ahhhh good times.

Busy busy busy sexy good times?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Toughy posted:

And then apathy sets in when you realize there's no functional difference between getting 90% and 50% on any given course until third year?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

And then apathy sets in when you realize there's no functional difference between getting 90% and 50% on any given course until third year?

Don't you need at least a 70% to pass?

Also, I can related. For all of 1st year and most of 2nd year, I was rather focused on getting that 90%.

Then I realized I was actually missing out on much of the college experience, so I traded my quest for 90% for a solid 70% and a life outside of books.

I don't regret it.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

Outrail posted:

I needed academic scholarships, that was only the first two years, felt like a weight off when I could enjoy the classes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Don't you need at least a 70% to pass?

Also, I can related. For all of 1st year and most of 2nd year, I was rather focused on getting that 90%.

Then I realized I was actually missing out on much of the college experience, so I traded my quest for 90% for a solid 70% and a life outside of books.

I don't regret it.

For us we needed a 50% to pass each class. I was a solid ~55% student until third year and pulled it up to ~65% which is what I needed to enter the honors program where I got 1st class honors.

There's a difference between 'good' work, and work that's 'good enough'. If you're doing anything more than 'good enough' you're wasting your time.

It might be that you want to impress a professor to get into their grad program or whatever, and then you need a higher grade but again, working any harder than is needed to achieve that goal is just wasted effort.

That said, I waste way too much time getting things perfect when they don't need to be, so eh.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

hello

I'm gonna have to put an official halt to this for now, can't even keep my own word re: updates and communication. I might run another much shorter game or get back to this one but I don't know for sure. Thanks for following along and sorry for me being a flaky idiot!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Thanks for running it. It was pretty cool.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009

Have Blue posted:

I'm gonna have to put an official halt to this for now, can't even keep my own word re: updates and communication. I might run another much shorter game or get back to this one but I don't know for sure. Thanks for following along and sorry for me being a flaky idiot!

Can you reveal what the hell Windows 2077 was about?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

Thanks for putting a full stop on it. It was pretty cool.

Can you give us the back plot? Also what was under our helmet? Any meatbrain at all?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Nooo if he spills the details then he won't be able to come back to it

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

Thank you!! You did a great job and I'll be sure to follow your next endeavor into CYOA

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here

I enjoyed this, I hope real life will allow you the time to even consider either coming back to this or running a different cyoa in the future.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

hello

Ralith posted:

Nooo if he spills the details then he won't be able to come back to it

It'd be this. At the very least this character (who still doesn't have a name btw :v) would be off the table. I'm still tinkering with the fluff and crunch on my homebrew so I'd like to use it again if I can.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Headcanon: Squirrel controlling a robot suit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

erhecktile disfunction

Lipstick Apathy

No, we're a grandpa who downloaded a virus and now we think we're a mercenary.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Rolling Thunder: War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt

Why? , that's why.

Green Intern posted:

Headcanon: Squirrel controlling a robot suit.

The squirrel is also a robot

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Take care, maybe you can pick this up again sometime

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

super sweet best pal posted:

No, we're a grandpa who downloaded a virus and now we think we're a mercenary.

A CYOA starring a nerd who tries to download a secret black facility program to give him spec ops skills but instead accidentally installs an uploaded specs ops personality in his brain would be great. But run the game on two different forums, letting two bags of squirrels try and figure out what the gently caress is going on.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here

Outrail posted:

A CYOA starring a nerd who tries to download a secret black facility program to give him spec ops skills but instead accidentally installs an uploaded specs ops personality in his brain would be great. But run the game on two different forums, letting two bags of squirrels try and figure out what the gently caress is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

erhecktile disfunction

Lipstick Apathy

Outrail posted:

I'd be down for 'ing votes in the threads to keep them bumped if this actually happened somewhere.

«16 »