Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

sheep-dodger posted:

D - A Terrorist Freedom Fighter
We watched as the corporations slowly took over every facet of our lives, monetizing our most intimate information, grinding down every right given to us and spitting out whoever wasn't profitable enough.
Unlike the others we didn't keep our head down, we picked up a gun, downloaded the anarchist cookbook and went to fight.
After a stint in corporate prison we are now back home, ready to take the fight to the mega corps again.

A/DReligion is a balm in times of trouble, and we've been a lifelong believer. But while religion might be the opiate of the masses our background in 'security' let us find ecclesiastical information the church would rather be kept hidden. Already on the fence we created a new persona and joined the cloth. The plan: take it down from inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

We have a clear consensus!

Just a heads up: there's an emphasis on thing in this option. Considering that part of the game is

on top of being a Freedom Fighter, our character might be a failed experiment, a rogue clone, or something even stranger.

Continue? Y/N

Y, no matter what the initial outcome is.

Something stranger: The physical manifestation of a CYOA protagonist, our cybernetic brain houses a hundred independent AI programs forced to navigate the world via committee of the damned/you are John system. The original personality is... Somewhere in there.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

C. Anything we sell we can buy back later. Body parts aren't exactly a sacred part of our selves anymore.

They're probably watching our home, but check it out anyway, see if we can scavenge anything.

Then maybe bribe some dipshit to go ask for the windows, see if he get's black bagged.

What's out skillset? Augs? Do we have an inbuilt rocket launcher leg?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Turn it off and on again.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ah, so it's a software issue.

Unplug it and plug it back in?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

Fighting the corps is risky business. Most know well to hide their faces.

Their names too. You were given a place and a phrase, nothing more.

Even without a face this is a fairly distinctive hoodie.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hey Sparky, Windows 2077, ya got it?

Also, ask ourself 'anyone else in here?'

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

The room is dimly lit by scrolling data on large screens. You can't make heads or tails of any of it. Your host(?) sits in the middle of it all, staring out of her(?) monitor at you with blank eyes.There doesn't seem to be anyone else present.

No, I mean ask ourself. In our cyberbrain.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

"People bring me things, I bring them ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss."

How much for the ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss??

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Define Mechanical Happiness.
Define Chemical Happiness.
Define Real Happiness.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Uh nope, it wants to turn us into a mindless automon.

If I agree will I retain my freedom of mind, body and cybernetics?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Disable EM, IR, AR, PAIN

Activate PERSONALITY 002 and 003

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Eliminate that air conditioning unit with extreme prejudice.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Crazycryodude posted:

A, good thing we kept CQC active

gently caress it, A.

Pity we didn't have sonar running.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bugger out!

"Next time Bill! Next tiiiimmmeeeeee." As we run off.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Robotic techno Dance while rapping out the opening lines to Atlas Shrugged in Russian with an exaggerated American accent.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Engage air combat programsrand dive out of the nearest window, either its high enough we can fly out of here or low enough we can survive the fall

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Where's Hackerman when you need him?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

We should turn ourselves in to the police. I'm sure the authorities will help us sort this out if we're upfront the situation.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Are our implants able to identify us building an emp? Would an emp kill us?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Lie down, take a nap.

Lets give the 'resistance' a chance to make contact.

This place is clearly inhabited and maintained by 'someone', let's see what happens if we stay awhile and listen.

Taking a nap is never a bad idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

"P̕l̕eąse҉ ͞l͠e͘a͏v͝e"

Who the gently caress are you supposed to be?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

There Bias Two posted:

Also, when we do kick the door down, yell, "Wanna buy some cookies?!"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

"Then let me take that mess off your hands, and it'll be the last you hear of it."

Do NOT identify ourselves as the previous tenant at this stage. There is nothing to be gained and probably much to be lost by sharing that information for no reason.

This, but if she won;t open the door "Sorry about this but I'm running at least two combat AI's and have enough hardware in my shell to turn the whole building into a smoking ruin, if you don't open up everything in this building is gonna get vaporized or some poo poo. Just let me get the poo poo and I'll be gone."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

That's why we ask her out on a coffee date and make her fall in love with us.

"Take off your helmet, I want to see your eyes"
*Hellish landscape of raw, pulsating flesh and embedded sensors*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Nice, 13 pages in, and this is now a dating Sim!

poo poo. How's our junk? Do we still have junk?

Check if we have junk. "Wait, poo poo. Hang on....yep... Oh thank god..... okay, sorry, that was wierd. I had to see if I still had my dick. Long story. Also if you shoot me or I die there's a very good chance I'll blow up. Also a long story. Good news though, I have a dick. Where's the drat safe?" <-- That's my vote by the way.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Do we have a blowtorch integrated into our arm/Cock/knees?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Awkwardly ask her out, flee before she can answer

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

"I-I'll be in touch too." you stutter, and then scuttle out the door into the night.

Coward.

I guess C.

Might be better option to see what general theme the thread wants if we go the upgrade route. I think our set up is great, but we need more boom. Personally I want an arm that fires emp grenades or a leg mounted rocket launcher or a dick gun. Something classy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

The gifs are indeed flashy.

I don't think that's what we're here for. In general, why compromise structural integrity and flexibility by installing something permanently (replacing our already very fancy looking hardware) when we can just carry stuff?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

First off, you can call me Bojangles, Mr Bojangles.

Secondly, A, you can scan and examine my augs, give me a readout, adjustment options and keep a copy for your records. But all under the assumption that you understand my employer has the wherewithal to outfit me with all of this, and so you realise they have a very focused interest in hanging onto their intelectual property and it would be inadvisable to take advantage of either myself or that information.

Thirdly, I need an integrated dick gun, neuro linked and independent of my current system.

Outrail fucked around with this message at Jan 6, 2018 around 05:11

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Toughy posted:

I remember going back to college and being busy busy busy for the first few weeks of the semester, ahhhh good times.

And then apathy sets in when you realize there's no functional difference between getting 90% and 50% on any given course until third year?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Don't you need at least a 70% to pass?

Also, I can related. For all of 1st year and most of 2nd year, I was rather focused on getting that 90%.

Then I realized I was actually missing out on much of the college experience, so I traded my quest for 90% for a solid 70% and a life outside of books.

I don't regret it.

For us we needed a 50% to pass each class. I was a solid ~55% student until third year and pulled it up to ~65% which is what I needed to enter the honors program where I got 1st class honors.

There's a difference between 'good' work, and work that's 'good enough'. If you're doing anything more than 'good enough' you're wasting your time.

It might be that you want to impress a professor to get into their grad program or whatever, and then you need a higher grade but again, working any harder than is needed to achieve that goal is just wasted effort.

That said, I waste way too much time getting things perfect when they don't need to be, so eh.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

I'm gonna have to put an official halt to this for now, can't even keep my own word re: updates and communication. I might run another much shorter game or get back to this one but I don't know for sure. Thanks for following along and sorry for me being a flaky idiot!

Thanks for putting a full stop on it. It was pretty cool.

Can you give us the back plot? Also what was under our helmet? Any meatbrain at all?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

super sweet best pal posted:

No, we're a grandpa who downloaded a virus and now we think we're a mercenary.

A CYOA starring a nerd who tries to download a secret black facility program to give him spec ops skills but instead accidentally installs an uploaded specs ops personality in his brain would be great. But run the game on two different forums, letting two bags of squirrels try and figure out what the gently caress is going on.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blasphemaster posted:

Aw dangit. Start writing again. Its good fkr you!h

Is this the CYOA equivalent of drunk dialing your ex?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Help I don't remember reading or bookmarking this at all and having this bumped just to learn of its fate is very traumatic for me

Very Shakespearean

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I trust this clearly stable man who obviously has our best interests at heart

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kttthhhhhbzzzt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail