Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
This headache's a killer, you've felt it coming for days now. Well, it's here, and rubbing your eyes isn't doing any good so...

The rain falls in thick sheets, cut through with nauseating neon lights and smoke only a shade more noxious.

This is/was your home, though with how things have been going lately, you hardly recognize it anymore. There's trouble in the wind and on the wires, and their steady hum now sets your nerves on edge instead of calming them. You are (???), and somehow you feel like you're going to need every favor, trick, and scrap of knowledge you've got to get through whatever's coming

*CLASS SELECTION!*
You are :

A. A DodecaDeacon of The Machine Mind

The Machine Mind mandates that there be One Truth and Zero Falsehood. As a twelfth-level initiate, it is your job to spread the Truth and root out Falsehood. That's the official line anyway. You've found the world a little less binary.

B. A Hacker

Coder, cutter, cracker. There's many names for what you do, but only one result: success. You've made a name for yourself on the wires by freeing heavily secured information. Other things, you've found, are unfortunately much harder to free.

C. A Breaker

Sometimes (a lot of times) cracking skulls is easier than cracking code. That's where all seven feet of you (heavily augmented of course) comes in. You're more than a match for any punk who tries to cross you, but some things just might might break you before you break them.

D. ???

There are things in the dark, things that decency (and heavily armed corpsec) demands hide their faces in shadow and names in static. You happen to be one of them.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Hi, this is Woven Wires, a cyberpunk thing. If you like:
Computers!

Guns!

Internet!

and/or

Horrors created by the unrestrained exponential growth of private capital and technology! (and lots of gifs!)
Then this is the place for you!

Some notes: This is my first cyoa, so be ready for some rough edges. I expect to update a few times a week, with a lot of activity at the start as we flesh out our main character. I'm running this off my own homebrew so most things are gonna be under the hood. You'll see your choices, and then their consequences, which should be a lot more fast and fun than minmaxing and juggling numbers. Options will be in bold. Everyone is welcome to both vote and discuss options, even if you haven't been here from the start. For our first vote, We're finding out who we are! Also whether we hung around our hometown or are only now returning.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 17, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
???

You have:
2 arms (meat?)
2 legs (meat?)
1 head (metal?)
1 set of armor(?)+helmet (Your clothes are thick and stiff, seemingly reinforced with ballistic weave. There's no kind of tab, logo, or label on any of them.)
1 knife (steel, standard)
1500 anon credits
1 copy of Windows 2077
1 data chip (standard, AI/SinDex research)
1 hand terminal (standard, on)
1 pistol (loaded(?), EM(?))
1 SinDex ID (supposedly for a "Kal Hinton", genuine(?))

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 22, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
We have a clear consensus!

Have Blue posted:

D. ???

There are things in the dark, things that decency (and heavily armed corpsec) demands hide their faces in shadow and names in static. You happen to be one of them.

Just a heads up: there's an emphasis on thing in this option. Considering that part of the game is

Have Blue posted:

Horrors created by the unrestrained exponential growth of private capital and technology!

on top of being a Freedom Fighter, our character might be a failed experiment, a rogue clone, or something even stranger.

Continue? Y/N

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 17, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
You... we are... I am? Ugh, this headache makes you feel like your memory buffers are overflowing. Do I even have memory buffers? Your neural architecture is a bit hazy at the moment, maybe a diagnostic would get your meat and metal on the same page. What you can remember right now comes in flashes: a gun in your hand, crumpled bodies in SinDex uniforms, the grey walls walls walls walls wallswallswalls

You're on the street. You shouldn't be on the street. You shouldn't be on the street at all, especially in a maxsec issue jumpsuit after curfew. If you're lucky, you'll get locked up (again). More likely you'll get hacked up and spread over several "used parts" bins by some slicer gang looking for easy money. You need to go somewhere, anywhere but here:

A. Go Home
You lived here, once. Third stop on the subway, around the corner, up the stairs, and through an unmarked steel door behind the Soya Shack. Of course you no longer have a transport pass or your keys, but you'll manage.

B. Make Contact
Someone put that gun in your hand and pointed you at Sindex. If you made it out, you were supposed to head to The Shard and ask for a copy of "Windows 2077". Maybe you were set up, maybe the info's long since expired, but it's all you have to go on.

C. Get Fixed
You're quite fond of your genitals, thank you, but you could do without this headache. Plenty of front, back, and side alley techdocs could sort you out, for a price. You have a few credits left in your account, but a complicated fix could end up (literally) costing you an arm and a leg.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 17, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Outrail posted:

What's out skillset? Augs? Do we have an inbuilt rocket launcher leg?

Have Blue posted:

Your neural architecture is a bit hazy at the moment

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Outrail posted:

Turn it off and on again.

You close your eyes and concentrate. In your mind you reach toward the switch on the wallwallswallswallswalls

You come to gasping on the pavement. The few people scattered around know better than to look at you, much less help you up. You're just another stimhead crashing out, or a convenient distraction hired by the pickpockets.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Brains don't work that way, even in the future.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue posted:

B. Make Contact
Someone put that gun in your hand and pointed you at SinDex. If you made it out, you were supposed to head to The Shard and ask for a copy of "Windows 2077". Maybe you were set up, maybe the info's long since expired, but it's all you have to go on.

In the past few decades, concrete, steel, and glass have seemed ever more fragile in the face of neglect and recurring nanoplagues. If you were a well to do corp and didn't want your fancy flagship building to have holes eaten in it or collapse in ten years, you had to look to something new. For Paragon Tech, that was supposed to be a revolutionary fast growing monocrystal. A building that would not only build itself, but would also be "Durable as Diamond!". The tagline didn't hold up. There was a mistake in the grow lattice, or a fluctuation in crystallization conditions, something accidental (or deliberate) that created a massive fault line in the structure. On the day of its grand unveiling the Shard was tested, and shattered. The resulting rents in surrounding buildings, pavement, people, and Paragon's profits led to investors pulling out, and the site, with its tower remnant, being abandoned.

Still, real estate is real estate, and the prospect of a glittering fortress ended up being too appealing to resist. Various gangs and grey market groups have moved in since, and the Shard now serves as the center for illicit activity in NuYork. As long as you're willing to work around a worrying amount of monomolecular edges, there's no better place to go if you need something shady.

On your way to the door, you catch a reflection in one of The Shard's facets:

Ugh, who gets face augs?

That's my face!

That's not my face!!

The realization jerks you to a halt. You frantically paw at "your" face and pat yourself down:

You Have:
2 arms (meat?)
2 legs (meat?)
1 head (now hurting even more) (metal?)
1 maxsec jumpsuit (paper, the ID U0lOR0VS is written across the chest and back over a bar code)
1 anonymous 500 credit chit
1 pistol (surprised, you surreptitiously take it out and check it. It's a one and done: tiny lovely flashmolded plastic body, fused propellant charge, ceramic bullet. Undetectable to scanners and small enough to escape a cursory search)

Shaken, you continue on into The Shard. You easily find a software dealer on a lower level and ask him if he has Windows 2077.

"That's abandonware Gramps. You want it you can go pull it off a dead board on the wires."

Do you:

A. Keep pushing (write in)

B. Find someone more knowledgeable

There's plenty more software dealers in The Shard. A few even specialize in outdated tech.

C. Find someone more important
No two bit software pirate's gonna take on a corp, no matter how much they hate DRM. Look for someone who would and could.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 18, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
OOC: Nice to see some more people piling in! Any questions, comments or suggestions?

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 18, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

AJ_Impy posted:

try to recall our contact

Fighting the corps is risky business. Most know well to hide their faces.

Their names too. You were given a place and a phrase, nothing more.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue posted:

B. Find someone more knowledgeable
There's plenty more software dealers in The Shard. A few even specialize in outdated tech.

You ask around about which vendor's got the best collection of deadtech. Most seem willing to indulge old man in a prison jumpsuit, though a few look at you oddly or say nothing at all. What they do tell you, is "down"

"down the hall"

"down past the cameras"

"down past the drones"

down
down

down

Hello, how can I help you today?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Outrail posted:

anyone else in here?

The room is dimly lit by scrolling data on large screens. You can't make heads or tails of any of it. Your host(?) sits in the middle of it all, staring out of her(?) monitor at you with blank eyes.There doesn't seem to be anyone else present.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 18, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Loel posted:

Color me intruiged. This is like a scifi Paradise Lost.

Where you finding the images?
The comparison is high praise! :)

The images are mostly from a bunch of scifi tumblrs, with a bit of GIS thrown in.

AJ_Impy posted:

What's the 2077 version of Clippy?

Clippy got swole

Update in 30

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Outrail posted:

No, I mean ask ourself. In our cyberbrain.

You close you eyes and focu-

You've been kicked in the head! And the stomach! And the balls! The feedback surging from your augs(?) comes in waves, pulling back only to viciously redouble. You drown.

"Y̖͎͖̭ͥͬ̿ͧ̐̊̈́ͩ͜ȍ͎̣̮̿̋̽͠ͅu̳̙̠͈̝̰̩͓͒̂͂̈́ͬ̎̀͜͜ ̷̩̮̟͔̉̈̅ͪ̀͞s͔̮͇̮̓̀́e̱͖̦̩͎̗̦ͧ̓̆̒̽ͥḙ̴̣͕̽ͭ̈́ͦ̉̍́m̷̖̤͒̀͘ t̨̹͙͉͍̆̾ͥͫo̝͊ ̸ͬ͆b̷̃e͖̠̣̦̒͡

in distress, do you require biotechnical assistance?"

You clutch your head for a minute until it only feels like it's getting stomped on by a loading mech. You can just about manage speech now, but decide not to chance it for a bit longer. You settle on waving her off, then straighten.

"What I need is a copy of Windows 2077"

The scrolling data flickers for an instant.

"My, you're certainly a collector! I have one copy of MᴀᴄʀᴏMɪᴄʀᴏsᴏғᴛ Wɪɴᴅᴏᴡs 2077 Hᴏᴍᴇ Eᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ in stock for ᴛᴡᴏ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ credits. New in box!"

You have 500 credits

poo poo

You:
A. Leave and don't come back

You don't have that kinda cash. If you did, you wouldn't blow it on some dumb antique older than you.

B. Leave and raise funds
You could work part time at a Soya shack for a few weeks and save up... or do a few "odd jobs"... or just mug some poor gently caress. There's always a way to get creds.

C.Bargain
Maybe you could trade in your gun for store credit? There don't seem to be surgical facilities anywhere nearby but you could certainly try to throw in a limb or two as well. Or just try a few good old fashioned negotiating tactics to knock the price down.

OOC: The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > The Game Room > Woven Wires: Sell your arms, it's not like they're actually yours anyway. (A Cyberpunk CYOA!) :gibs:
Selling your arms may have side effects that include but are not limited to: Difficulty grasping, difficulty reaching, inability to masturbate, and/or severe high-five deficiency.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
She is staring.

Ralith posted:

May I ask how long you've had this item? Where did you obtain it?
"People bring me things, I bring them ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss."

Ralith posted:

Were you expecting to sell it?
"Everything has a ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ."

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 19, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Outrail posted:

How much for the ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss??

"ᴍᴇᴄʜᴀɴɪᴄᴀʟ, ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ, or ʀᴇᴀʟ?"

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

"Give me your ʟɪғᴇ and I will make it ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ."

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
The screens around you go blank, then all display the same thing:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Ralith posted:

But not everything has a buyer.
"You are a ʙᴜʏᴇʀ"

Ralith posted:

How much for you to actually answer those questions?
"Answer mine."

(Write in)

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
The questions worm their way into your head, where they twi-

st into a swirl of voices. You steady yourself and take a deep breath.

Here goes:
"I'm fighting! I'm fighting to stay myself. Fighting for a cause I don't remember signing up for but that I know is right! Fighting to push back the doubts and fears and loving brain eating parasites that want to leave me huddled over muttering in a dark corner somewhere!"

The screens go blank once more, only to be refilled with flowing data.

Your host stares at you, unfazed.

After a pause, she speaks:

"ғɪɢʜᴛ with me. Surrender your ғʟᴀᴡs and be made ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ and sᴛʀᴏɴɢ. You will be a weapon of ᴡɪʟʟ and ᴍɪɢʜᴛ. I offer an ᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ and a ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇɴᴇғɪᴛs ᴘᴀᴄᴋᴀɢᴇ."

Is this.. a job offer?

Accept
Refuse

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
The vote stands at 5 for and 2 against/hesitant. Please bold your votes if you haven't done so.

EDIT: Update tomorrow afternoon, voting stays open till then.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 20, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Voting closed. Update in 2 hours

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
You have your doubts, but your host's offer is too tempting. She's promising you something other than crashing augs and petty crimes. She's promising a chance to fight, and win.

"Alright. Now about the benefits pack-"

Thick cables whip from the gloom. They pause, seeming to hesistate...

only to split and then split again, becoming hair fine as they plunge toward you!

They don't stop when they reach your skin, burrowing deeper into your flesh, into your n̨̡̠̱̩̠̉̓͂̈́ͣ̐͞e̡̝̬͍̼̼̼ͪͬ̾̒̋̕͠r̷͕̯͍̪̝̥̘̗̥̓̈̑ͬ̌͟v̶̛̛̹̗̱͛̊͗̎̓̋e̯̙̲̘͕͎̜̔̏́͝ś̗̠̬͈̗̤ͬ́

But your focus is elsewhere, as more fine wires(?) come ever closer to your eyes

They slip in and around, and the inside of your head w̸͕̱̣̒̂̀͞r̢̰̫̗͔̙̠̞̘̈́̓̓i̺ͫ͋̾ͧͯ̚͞t̢͖ͣ̐͛ͫ̉͊́̕h̢̢͙̻ͨ̐ͦ̽̿e̠͌ͮͨ͌ͯs̶̛̖͈̩ͮ̂ͭ͞

You freeze

You burn

Then you feel nothing at all.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue posted:

You have your doubts, but your host's offer is too tempting. She's promising you something other than crashing augs and petty crimes. She's promising a chance to fight, and win.

"Alright. Now about the benefits pack-"

Thick cables whip from the gloom. They pause, seeming to hesistate...

only to split and then split again, becoming hair fine as they plunge toward you!

They don't stop when they reach your skin, burrowing deeper into your flesh, into your n̨̡̠̱̩̠̉̓͂̈́ͣ̐͞e̡̝̬͍̼̼̼ͪͬ̾̒̋̕͠r̷͕̯͍̪̝̥̘̗̥̓̈̑ͬ̌͟v̶̛̛̹̗̱͛̊͗̎̓̋e̯̙̲̘͕͎̜̔̏́͝ś̗̠̬͈̗̤ͬ́

But your focus is elsewhere, as more fine wires(?) come ever closer to your eyes

They slip in and around, and the inside of your head w̸͕̱̣̒̂̀͞r̢̰̫̗͔̙̠̞̘̈́̓̓i̺ͫ͋̾ͧͯ̚͞t̢͖ͣ̐͛ͫ̉͊́̕h̢̢͙̻ͨ̐ͦ̽̿e̠͌ͮͨ͌ͯs̶̛̖͈̩ͮ̂ͭ͞

You freeze

You burn

Then you feel nothing at all.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 20, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

You awake in... darkness? You bring your hands up to rub your eyes but they're stopped by some kind of hard surface. A helmet?

Suddenly your vision is filled by a loading icon

Shortly after, your view blossoms into multiple spectra: EM, IR, and visible light, with a ghostly overlay of AR

You should be overwhelmed, this kind of throughput would strain even a medium grade AI, but you're able to effortlessly cull relevant data from the tsunami flooding your senses.
One data point stands out above all the others however, a marker labeled simply "BE HERE". The timer next to it reads 2:00:00:000, then it starts to drop.

a) BE THERE
b) Get your bearings (this will take some time)

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 20, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

B: Run Level 3 Diagnostics

COMBAT SYSTEMS:
CQC: ACTIVE
RANGED: ACTIVE
AERIAL: ACTIVE

SENSORS:
SONAR: ACTIVE
EM: ACTIVE
IR: ACTIVE
VISIBLE: ACTIVE
AR: ACTIVE
AUDIO: ACTIVE
TOUCH: ACTIVE
PAIN: ACTIVE

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:
SENSORY INTEGRATION CORE: ACTIVE
PROBABILITY MANIFOLD: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 001: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 002: DISABLED
PERSONALITY MATRIX 003: DISABLED

MOBILITY: MAX
HEAT: 90%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: -10% (ERROR)

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 20, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

CMD:>/disp -root directives

ACCESS DENIED

CourValant posted:

Where are we right now?

SHARD DISTRICT, SUBLEVEL 3

CourValant posted:

Look in a nearby reflective surface.

There are no mirrors nearby, but when you glance at some condensation on the wall your visual processors combine the scattered reflections in the dewdrops into an image. It's fuzzy at first, but then resolves

[HEAT WARNING]
[RUNTIME ALLOCATIONS EXCEEDED]

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
BE HERE: 1:55:00:000

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 22, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

CMD:>/map location -current

CMD:>/map location - marker 'BE HERE'

CMD:>/map route -current & marker 'BE HERE'

CMD:>/prob$mani route(time)

CMD:>/enable MATRIX 002(RANGED)

CMD:>/disable MATRIX 001(CQC)

CMD:>/uplink(Windows 2077) "A User Manuel would help smooth things out. KEK."

SHARD DISTRICT, SUBLEVEL 3

ROUTE ADDED
"BE HERE" is already marked. A blue line appears in your AR overlay, from what you can see, it leads up and out.

ERROR[PROB$MANI ] [INVALID PARAMETERS]
MOBILITY: [_NULL]
HEAT MANAGEMENT: [ _NULL]
COLLATERAL DAMAGE: [_NULL]

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO USER 'WINDOWS 2077'

wjs5 posted:

Cool off
COOLING FINS DEPLOYED
You feel something slide out of you back and a weight settle on your shoulders. You crane your neck and see

wings? They start glowing with waste heat in the still air. You flap(?) experimentally a few times and it seems to help, though you feel vaguely ridiculous.

People posted:

disable stuff

COMBAT SYSTEMS:
CQC: DISABLED
RANGED: DISABLED
AERIAL: DISABLED

SENSORS:
SONAR: ACTIVE
EM: DISABLED
IR: DISABLED
PAIN: DISABLED

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:
SENSORY INTEGRATION CORE: DISABLED

HEAT: 70%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: 60%

ERROR[INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS] [DISABLE AR]

you taste blue and smell the roughness of the concrete under your boots

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
BE HERE: 1:50:00:000

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
OOC: OK I freely admit I thought this might be a bit of a clusterfuck, but I wanted you guys to at least have a go at finding out directly what your new toys can do, as well as manage them all. Roughly, runtimes define your available actions, and heat limits how long/how intensely you can do those actions. Runtimes have a short startup and shutdown delay, which means that you want to have critical functions (combat) locked and loaded to reduce delay. Leaving free runtimes is also good, because it means you only need to wait for the new startup (not startup new+shutdown old).

If this sounds like too much goddam hassle I can just abstract it on my end: give me a heat% and runtime% target and I'll stick to them. You'll still be able to tweak things specifically on occasion, the bookkeeping will be rolled into your choices and I'll handle the nitty gritty.

If you have any questions about this feel free to ask, I won't be (as) obtuse :)

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 20, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

CMD:>/map LOCATION -disp -marker('BE THERE')

CMD:>/? /prob$mani

ROUTE[SPECIFY]:
DESTINATION
MOBILITY LEVEL
HEAT MANAGEMENT TARGET
COLLATERAL DAMAGE THRESHOLD

You stow your wings(?). It's not like there's space to fly down here and the air is too still to convect heat well. You wonder if there's a gun or something in one of your arms, but they still feel fleshy.

people posted:

enable stuff

COMBAT SYSTEMS:

SENSORS:
SONAR: DISABLED

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:

HEAT: 75%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: 20%

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 21, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
BE HERE: 1:45:00:000

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
I will BE HERE asleep. Update tomorrow afternoon (probably get crushed by diog but oh well)

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

CMD:>/map ROUTE -current & -closest(subway)

CMD:>/prob$mani ROUTE[Stealth]: -Marker('Be There') -MAX -75% - 0%

You consider consider taking the subway, but as you check your belongings, you don't find any kind of pass or money. No ID either. You do find an odd looking pistol:

There's no serial number. No other marks. Nothing at all. There's not a trace of them having been removed, just smooth, blank metal. Opening the cylinder, you find six gleaming cartridges. Satisfied if puzzled, you snap it closed, return it to its holster, and resume inventorying.

You have:
2 arms (meat?)
2 legs (meat?)
1 head (metal)
1 set of armor(?)+helmet (Your clothes are thick and stiff, seemingly reinforced with ballistic weave. There's no kind of tab, logo, or label on any of them.)
1 pistol (loaded, conventional, 6 shots)
2 grenades (one variyield hi-x, one EMP)
1 knife (steel, standard)

ETA[CURRENT CONDITIONS]: 1:00:00:000+/-10:00:000

Have Blue posted:

a) BE THERE

Led on by the AR line, you go up,

and emerge into the night from an access tunnel in an alley.

You're just about to head out of the alley when you catch a faint wash of heat coming from in front of you.

You:
a) Keep going
b) Investigate
c) Hide

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 22, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
BE HERE: 1:30:00:000

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 22, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Hexenritter posted:

I don't even know where to begin because I have no programming knowledge beyond HTML and CSS, having typed out games from books in BASIC on the C64, and having once built a notepad with integrated calculator using a C++ tutorial.

That said, I'm enjoying seeing the results of using our in-head SSH program

Don't worry about it, regular English works too! Update eta later tonight

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Elfface posted:

check our augs for a hacking system, and try to rob something small like a vending machine if we have one

COMBAT SYSTEMS:

SENSORS:
SONAR: DISABLED

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:

CourValant posted:

CMD:>/scan SENSOR -IR
ERROR[IR: ACTIVE]
I've already got everything except sonar running full tilt.

You look at the haze,

Elfface posted:

Act normal, as though we don't notice the heat patch, but start checking our other senses just in case.
and studiously glance around. From what you can tell, it's just a heat patch, though an oddly static one blocking the alley mouth.

You nonchalantly walk forward toward the haze, keeping a wary eye(?) on it. As you approach, it shifts to the side to let you pass and an ultrasonic whine shudders through the alley:
"Don't be late."

You reach the street

and something crashes into the back of your head!

A) Turn and fight!
B) Run!
C) Try to talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
BE HERE: 1:28:00:000