Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

I'm not agreeing to anything until I see that copy of Windows 2077.

Time to lay it out on the table; clearly, the last 'job' didn't go as planned, and my cyberwear is about to crash.

So, if you want to keep the underground alive, time to come to table with more than just cryptic nonsense and a nostalgic UI.

Drop the charade Gates, I remember who's in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Crazycryodude posted:

Oooo I like this

Thanks!

Its good to see the usual suspects around, looks like we're all attracted to the same kinds of threads / themes.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

This is where we roll the Intro Screen:

Woven Wires: Gaki Abunai Ai

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

B: Run Level 3 Diagnostics

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

COMBAT SYSTEMS:
CQC: ACTIVE
RANGED: ACTIVE
AERIAL: ACTIVE

SENSORS:
SONAR: ACTIVE
EM: ACTIVE
IR: ACTIVE
VISIBLE: ACTIVE
AR: ACTIVE
AUDIO: ACTIVE
TOUCH: ACTIVE
PAIN: ACTIVE

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:
SENSORY INTEGRATION CORE: ACTIVE
PROBABILITY MANIFOLD: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 001: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 002: DISABLED
PERSONALITY MATRIX 003: DISABLED

MOBILITY: MAX
HEAT: 90%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: -10% (ERROR)

Ah Hell.

What did we get ourselves into now?

CMD:>/disp -root directives

Also

Where are we right now?

Look in a nearby reflective surface.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/disable COMBAT SYSTEMS -all

CMD:>/disable SENSORS -sonar

CMD:>/map location -current

CMD:>/map location - marker 'BE HERE'

CMD:>/map route -current & marker 'BE HERE'

CMD:>/prob$mani route(time)

CMD:>/enable MATRIX 002(RANGED)

CMD:>/disable MATRIX 001(CQC)

CMD:>/uplink(Windows 2077) "A User Manuel would help smooth things out. KEK."

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Awww yeah; Gentlemen, welcome to Syntax Debugger Simulator, 2077!

CMD:>/disable SENSOR -SONAR

CMD:>/enable SENSOR -EM

CMD:>/enable SENSOR -PAIN

CMD:>/enable SENSORY INTEGRATION CORE

CMD:>/disable COOLING FINS

CMD:>/map LOCATION -disp -marker('BE THERE')

CMD:>/? /prob$mani

Several comments here:

1) Sonar actively 'pings' our environment, let's not do that until we need 'Bat-Vision'.

2) We don't control when we switch personalities

3) Let's leave the pain sensor on, otherwise we'll just walk around putting our hands on hot stoves, steam pipes, walking into plate glass, that sort of thing.

Have Blue posted:

OOC:
If this sounds like too much goddam hassle I can just abstract it on my end: give me a heat% and runtime% target and I'll stick to them. You'll still be able to tweak things specifically on occasion, the bookkeeping will be rolled into your choices and I'll handle the nitty gritty.

Don't you effing dare!

You are now my personal, human compiler / debugger!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

MOBILITY: MAX
HEAT: 75%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: 20%

This seems like a good compromise.

CMD:>/map ROUTE -current & -closest(subway)

CMD:>/prob$mani ROUTE[Stealth]: -Marker('Be There') -MAX -75% - 0%

Let's get moving.

Crazycryodude posted:

Now what the hell are we going to MOMA of all places for?

Its not CyberPunk until we raise an ancient unnamed evil from some type of historical artifact.

Either that, or we're crashing the Met Gala.

CourValant fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2017 around 00:04

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/scan SENSOR -IR

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

I don't even know where to begin because I have no programming knowledge beyond HTML and CSS, having typed out games from books in BASIC on the C64, and having once built a notepad with integrated calculator using a C++ tutorial.

That said, I'm enjoying seeing the results of using our in-head SSH program

Well, it took some doing, and, I was able to travel to the future, track down our stealth-ninja-deus-ex-cyborg-flying-man, download a copy of his tech manual, be an integral part of the final boss fight, and come home in time for pancakes; I'll send you a copy.

. . . Dude, I'm just making it up as I go along with enough pseudo syntax to make it look 'legit', give it a try, if not just 'copy' my format!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

o hay forum friend and noted spacemom CourValant.

Well, winging it I can most certainly do, if my posts in Loel's thread are any indication.

O Hai Forum Friend!

I miss Shuttle Mom, I should write another update for her.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/broadcast -calm "Identify yourself. I do no wish to harm you."

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/broadcast -annoyed "Gates. Why recruit me if the only thing you are willing to share is a sucker punch? I signed on to bring down the System, and you content yourself with playing childish games of hide and seek."

Ralith posted:

What's our ETA according to the mapping software?
1:00:00:000 +/- 0:10:00:000

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/engage COMBAT SYSTEMS -AERIAL
CMD:>/uplink -"GATES" & "Clear the LZ, ETA 00:00:15:000"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/disengage COMBAT SYSTEMS -AERIAL

CMD:>/disengage COMBAT SYSTEMS -CQC

CMD:>/engage COMBAT SYSTEMS -RANGED

CMD:>/disengage COOLING FINS

CMD:>/prob$mani COMBAT[Distraction]: -Marker(‘Met Gallery’) -MAX -100% - 20%

CMD:>/uplink -"GATES" & "You have 00:09:00:000 to tell me what is going on. Give me some meaningful information, or I walk, your rebellion be damned."

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

It looks like A is winning, so I'd like you to write in what kind of distraction you're going to whip up with:

If we are just going in there, Augs Blazing, then I suggest we:

1) Throw the EMP grenade into the marker 'zone', while making sure we stay out of the 'blast radius'

2) Go into the room, spend 30 seconds tossing art around, breaking displays, that sort of thing (less, if there there is an immediate armed response)

3) At the same time, yell random anarchist slogans like, "Art belongs to the people, Culture isn't owned by the Bourgeois, Technology is a poison on Humanity, etc" that sort of thing.

4) Cheese it.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

super sweet best pal posted:

And get labeled as one of them in our future dealings? Better not.

EMP but stay neutral since we don't know who we're really working for.

Crazycryodude posted:

I mean, yeah, that's the idea. Make the world think we're a Nazi (or future equivalent) so they catch all the flak. Gates and our mutual boss know we're not, and that's the only thing that matters.

That's all fine and good, except we have to give a plausible reason for being there, beyond our actual clause for Gates. Liberating Art and Culture for the masses seems like a good default choice; spewing hateful drek seems more appropriate for a church burning or similar.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

sheep-dodger posted:

Just start ranting about Entartete Kunst while destroying the museum pieces.
Maybe make up a bomb threat?

I like it, SOLD.

Its the best of both worlds actually, great suggestion!

As for the bomb threat, why not? Too bad we don't have a briefcase or a bag or some such to 'plant'. The EMP should scramble the 'scanners' in the room, so, we can bluff and say we have a great big bomb that we'll leave behind while cheesing it.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Wow. This took an unexpected turn. I reject your 'Pink Mohawk', give me back my 'Black Trenchcoat' Cyberpunk!

CMD:>/engage BUSTAMOVE -Butoh
CMD:>/engage GRENADE -EMP

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

All the people voting to use the EMP: you are aware that that would put you squarely in the middle of the effective radius? If you wanna toss it away from you you're gonna get ventilated as soon as security sees you pull the pin.

Ralith posted:

. . . while dancing in a manner which coincidentally keeps placing the crowd between us and security (put that mobility to work!); keep this up as long as possible, popping the emp at minimum safe range and fleeing in the hole that opens only once we start to run low on options

Dance in a hallway or doorway or something, with the crowd between us and MetSec; pull the 'pin', throw the grenade, duck behind cover?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

I hope all you dance dance revolution folks are happy with yourself; we're now facing down four guns with 6 bullets.

CMD:>/disengage COMBAT SYSTEMS -RANGED
CMD:>/engage COMBAT SYSTEMS -CQC
CMD:>/engage BUSTAMOVE -Butoh
CMD:>/engage GRENADE -EMP -FUSE(00:00:03:000)

When it looks MetSec has finally had enough, roll towards 903, use the crowd as human shields, exit the room, and drop the EMP grenade behind us.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

Lab reports suck. So do exams. I will definitely update tonight, just later. B is a clear favorite.

Woah there Chief, are you okay?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

Yeah I'm just hitting the midterm crunch, so I'll be updating slower for a week or so

Oh, okay. When you mentioned lab reports and exams I thought you meant you were going in for medical tests.

Focus on your school work young man, plenty of time for silly internet games post midterms.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Grab spare mags from one of the spare corpses

dont be mean to me posted:

Do we have enough spare cycles to scrape the city web site for the local floor and infrastructure plans?

+1

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah all that, start heading downstairs but don't commit to the basement until we can find a map.

Also, damnit, we were supposed to dance the dance of friendship and distraction, not the dance of murder and angry milspec drones

E: Actually, basement might be where Gates is, I doubt we want to lead the baddies down there. He's either stealing something or hacking something or whatever, but all the utility access points and vaults and whatnot are in the basement so let's maybe not pull heat in that direction. How's the roof sound?

Gates can take care of himself. If he is any type of Mastermind, then he'll have organized the operation such that whatever we do, can't negatively affect him.

Distraction worked? Great. It didn't work, eh, wasn't really relying on the newbie anyways.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

You've got literal seconds before everything goes to hell, you can certainly try to grab stuff or pull plans but it'll slow you down significantly

Even if its literally taking 7 seconds to stoop down and take a mag or two on the way out?

If so, then screw it, just head to the basement.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

[00:00:30:000+/-10:000]

So max 40 secs, min 20

1) Grab a mag

2) Basement

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

B!

Its a kill zone out in the open, we're not Bat-Man!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

CMD:>/diag -LEVEL3

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, poo poo. There's fuckery about.

Indeed.

Crazycryodude posted:

Y'know, I'm betting Personality 1 is our mission personality, Personality 3 is our debriefing/escape/whatever personality, and Personality 2 is our normal everyday life cover story personality.

I'm guessing its something like that too. I would go as far as to say Matrix 001 is our fully 'transformed' mode (Battle Mode), Matrix 002 is skirmish mode (Single Weapon), and Matrix 003 is our walking around mode (I'm just a normal person).

Only issue is, we're still wearing our 'gear'.

Mission complete then. Let's get somewhere safe and see what the big deal with this software is.

Yes, I think we've buried the lead. Open the box, see what's inside, then find a place to boot up the software.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

What do we look like now?

According to this, we look the same (decked out in our helmet and bullet resistant gear):

Have Blue posted:

You have:
2 arms (meat?)
2 legs (meat?)
1 head (metal?)
1 set of armor(?)+helmet (Your clothes are thick and stiff, seemingly reinforced with ballistic weave. There's no kind of tab, logo, or label on any of them.)
1 knife (steel, standard)
1000 credits on an anonymous chip
1 copy of Windows 2077, still in its shrink wrap

You feel your limbs start to twitch, and stop them. Do you have some kind of headware virus?

We're also tweaking out, apparently.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AJ_Impy posted:

CMD:/> DIR ');DROP TABLE ADMIN;--

Crazycryodude posted:

Do it. I swear to god, if the Resistance forgot to sanitize their inputs....

Gentlemen, I do believe we're barking up the ACCESS DENIED tree.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

I wanna say that the cyber-capybaras had a system crash but the truth is that my all too human failings have been behind the delay. Update ETA tomorrow night.

Hope midterms when okay.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

they went well, it's just hard to block out a time to write and think with everything else on my mind

Well, first and foremost, take care of yourself. Don't strain yourself too much for a silly internet game.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

You
D) Something more complicated
Write in

Get that deep, sinking, 'I'm so screwed' feeling that you are well and truly in over your head, and have no idea what the gentle caress is going on.

Have Blue posted:

SECURITY INBOUND
C) The Shard

If the Criminals don't kill you outright for bringing this much heat to their home, you might be able to do business with them.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

uh so a lot of things happened last week. I'm not dead, just resting. Update ETA tomorrow night

Hope you're okay, glad you're back!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

You don't like being down here.

CMD:>Uplink -Gates "How now brown cow?"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Who is this Gates person?

The 'guy' that gave us the boxed 'Windows 2077'; I'm assuming that we still remember everything up to the first blackout.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

A pale blue rectangle in chipped paint.[/b]

Each seems to lead off in a different direction.

This.

I'm choosing to interpret this as a BSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

I'm blue dabadee dabadai

That's a heck of a call back, can't believe I know what you're taking about.

«3 »