Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I have never played Mafia before but Im in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Podima posted:

Stuff happens

Gentlemen and ladies I'd like to point out.. CORRUPTION within the ranks. Take a look to the left and notice my shiny new avatar. I won it through gruelling hard work (or lack thereof). But you know who did not get an avatar..

JonJoe..

And who is responsible for avatars..

SebMojo.

Now you might ask, Does sebmojo eat babies? But that's not the right question, the question you should be asking is "Does SebMojo take bribes that are babies so he can eat them" and the answer is YES! I have no proof but I have passion! And in this new era of presidents and sexy premiers, I think Passion overrules evidence.

And with this speech, I would like to propose that Sebmojo is corrupt and we should murder him.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

are you the mafia, exmond

It is well known that Undercover mafia (writers?) have to say if they are undercover. I can assure you I am not undercover.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Thranguy posted:

But are you overcover mafia?

I am not the overcover mafia.

Also a bunch of hate being slung at Quo Pro Quid. Almost like it was organized poo poo-flinging.

Everyone should vote for sebmojo. He is corrupt!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

sebmojo posted:

twitches curtain cord
outside a howling wasteland
creativity

Note how sebmojo has done NOTHING about the accusations of corruption against him.

Only a slimly politician would be so devious to mount such a defence.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sitting Here posted:

we could do icebreaker games? or we could talk about how we're in a LOVECRAFTIAN HELLSCAPE and voidbeasts are possibly even now gnawing their way through decent, proper reality to feast on our orgones

Or.. and now just bear with me here. We could point out the OBVIOUS CORRUPTION IN CREATIVE CONVENTION POLICIES!

What I'm saying is everyone should vote for sebmojo.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Keep in mind we dont know how many scum players there are? I thought it was random assignment of people?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

there's no need to apologize, friendo

who do you think is the most suspicious person iit atm

My list of suspcious people, ranked in order

JonJoe
SebMojo
QuoQuidPro

Im up for allying though, who out of the list should we kill?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

why those people, specifically?

SebMojo because he is corrupt
QuoproQuid because he was the first to sling an unironic accusation.

I'll be honest, if we are "really" playing I side with Muffin with the no-kill strat.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

exmond and muffin seem town to me. the former because his reactions read as genuine and the latter because it seems unlikely that scum would backtrack after a call for a no-lynch

im most suspicious of sittinghere, t-rex, and b-mond1. my suspicions against sh started as a joke but i havent like her reactions and stuff

I think that T-rex was kind of suspicious just making a vote against you like that, but you also started poo poo-flinging. I don't think id vote against SH yet.

I'd like to hear other peoples reactions to

1) SittingHere being scum
2) SebMojo being scum

Also is one of us gonna die at night time? Or two of us?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I'm not really sure what you're basing the mojo thing on. You kept calling him 'corrupt' earlier and I kinda figured it was joke-phase stuff about him being a mod but I'd like to hear what you're thinking now.

Look at this man's avatar. Is it the avatar of a man who lost last weeks thunderdome. NAY IT IS NOT!

Thus i say SebMojo is CORRUPT! BURN DOWN THE SYSTEM, BURN THE MODS!

I.. I'll be honest I don't know how long I can continue with this lovely joke

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sitting Here posted:

exmond, i'm starting to suspect you.

I give you a few scenarios

1) I am the worst scum player ever
I immediately call out sebmojo in the first post of the game and stick with it despite having no backup and it being very, very, VERY obvious. Nobody has agreed with me and nobody has suspected seb mojo

2) I am a new player playing with a group that allready knows each other and I am unironically poo poo posting to try and fit it
I unironically poo poo posting (Using clone high as a reference so its funny) in an attempt to fit in with a group that already knows each other and hangs out on IRC. i continue to stick wtih the joke (Though I waver because I am Canadian and im worried seb mojo might take it personally) since I want people to think im "Funny" and "Likeable". I'm also new so by making a hilarious post I can hopefully figure out how to play as other people post useful information.

And I will use your own words in my defence

Sitting Here posted:

people who are crying for level heads and feel reluctant to kill are probably town people trying to look out for each other, especially those of us who haven't played before and are more concerned with the unspeakable horrors outside the windows.

Exmond posted:

I'll be honest, if we are "really" playing I side with Muffin with the no-kill strat.

Exmond posted:

Also is one of us gonna die at night time? Or two of us?

Exmond posted:

I.. I'll be honest I don't know how long I can continue with this lovely joke

I will let you decide!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

b-minus1 posted:

Exmond do you have a real reason for suspecting mojo? because im not seeing it

#JonJoeshouldGetALosingAvatar

I have no reason save for the above, please see my response where I say I cannot continue the lovely joke

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

On mobile. Why Exmond?

Phew, you should read my defence post.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

Yeah. I really didn't like it, found it more scum seeming than Rex's vote tbh. Seems like covering his bases to test for momentum against multiple targets.

I like how they are ignoring any posts where I defend myself.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Thranguy posted:

Well, I started off vaguely thinking that no-lynch was the better choice for town, and the attempt to build a quick bandwagon looked suspicious. And I still find it a bit suspicious. But after the discussion on the math for no-lynch versus the alternative, I'm convinced. So I currently find the people still pushing for doing nothing (seb,) after those posts a bit more suspicious. Also maybe yronic, who also seems to prefer not killing anyone despite the math and is voting alone, which is just as good for scum pushing a null day one as abstaining. Not really feeling anything about anyone else who actually has votes, so I'll stay here for now.

(does 't-rex' work with votefinder anyhow?)

I think it worked, T-Rex has one vote against him.

While I do like T-rex's response it doesn't help that we now have 5 people on the vote list. As for me I have no idea who to vote for.

Quo Pro Quid who do you think is the most suspicious?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

I prefer this over T. rex and may switch my vote. QPQ are you feeling b-minus over ex?

Who hasn't voted yet? To me that's worse than voting your conscience to start out.

I haven't voted yet. I'm siding towards T-Rex or Sitting Here. You don't respond to anything I write or discuss defences so Im a bit suspcioius of you as well.

QPQ is a townie for sure,unless the kill someone day one strat is terrible (Which .. it sounds like is bad). SebMojo feels like a townie.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I have to go back to work so I might not be able to check the thread. I don't think killing people turn 1 is a great strat but QPQ did post some solid math.

Ill go and vote aganst t-rex

##vote Tyrannosaurus

Their defence has been non-existant and other people have put up convincing arguments.

If I die than I hope that helps you. I can't really figure out who is a scum player if I get murdered. I think it would clear yronic heroism but maybe that's what the scum players want?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey I trust QPQ So Ill change my vote. In regards to my defence my first post was aimed at JonJoe not getting a losing avatar for his story in Thunderdome that lost. Having recently lost thunderdome it stung a bit.

It was a pretty dumb joke but one that I stuck to for a while. I didn't throw my vote into it (Thinking this would make people realize it wasn't serious) and didn't realize that not voting means your suspicious :S?

I'm voting for

##vote b-minus1

I think if anyone can protect QPQ they should? He seems knowledgeable and I think the town cop can protect?

My top suspicious people are, in no order

T-Rex (Joined the bandwagon that SH started, has a bad defence when confronted)
SittingHere (Started a bandwagon that T-rex joined.. that's about it)
yronic heroism (Voted against me without addressing the defence post I put up, keeps trying to get people to vote for me)

Everyone else has been hard to read.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

b-minus1 posted:

Cool. Well that was a short game. I really don't understand what I did to deserve this.

I think your one vote away so you could still defend yourself! QPQ said something about how you don't have a definitive read on anyone and haven't said much?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

FWIW, the thing I am most thinking is exmond

1) TD/CC poster, likely knows who mojo is
2) knows mojo is a huge threat based on that
3) was pushing a joking "hahaha what if we lynched somebody known in CC to be very clever and on-to-it on day 1 haha wouldn't that be crazy" way further than the joke needed

With the Backup6 method isn't there no way I can know what role Mojo is :S?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Backup6

Since Night hasn't occurred I wouldn't have been able to trigger Town Tracker (And even if i did I would be town aligned)

Also The joke was that He was corrupt since he didn't give JonJoe a losing avatar.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sitting Here posted:

Exmond, if you aren't scum, then you've kind of thrown up a lot of dirt around yourself by making your gimmick in this thread a joke about sebmojo. If that's a strategy, it's not working very well.

I know and I've attempted to back track for a while now. I'll take any suggestions you have

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Not his in-game role, just that he's super well known in this part of the forum and he's known for being really good at poo poo.

I uhh, I only post to Thunderdome and recently. (Well if 3 weeks can be considered recently).

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Huh, saw the av and assumed it was longer.

*sobs uncontrollably*

My experience with Mafia is this game. I read parts of the wiki but still don't understand much about the game.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Podima posted:

This is a reminder for all players. Remember what the OP says:

Double-posting with a "Mafia edit" revision of your previous post is the typically accepted norm on SA, in cases like this. Thank you for understanding!

Hey I changed my vote to B-minus1 but the Vote bot didn't pick it up?

Exmond posted:

##vote b-minus1

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Podima posted:

:rip: sebmojo, Aspiring Poetry Author, Town-Aligned Vanilla, was killed on Night 1! :rip:

Hey guys I'm busy at work and with the TD prompt but I will try and post later. I'll do a joke post later about how jonjoe's avatar got changed and justice was done but for "REAL PLAY"

poo poo.

So let's not beat around the bush, I'm suspect numero uno. Not only did b-minus1 kind of deflect when someone voted for me but sebmojo died.

I'm very new to this game and I don't know how to mount a defence. Work is getting in the way and ill post later.

I'll point out is that it seems a bit too obvious. I was highly suspected by at least 3 people and with my horrible sebmojo joke it is a nice setup.

Ill post later with more defence but work calls!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

tbqh, i assumed seb was scum after yesterday's flip.

did not think exmond was scum, but his latest posts don't make me feel great.

idk. need to reread.

need to hear more from thran

What can I do to give you the most information? Not defence but the most information.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

This doesn't sound that foolproof to me unless they found scum.

Whats your math behind that? I think it would work until the doctor died?

Doctor protects cop, cop investigates the #2 suspicious person and the #1 suspicious person gets lynched.

Lets try the math here

Round B: 6 people under suspicion, cop declares who they are (7 total)
Round B Day: #1 suspicious person dead
Round B Night: #2 suspicious person investigated, Mafia kills person

Round C: 3 people under suspicion, cop declared (5 total)
Round C day: #1 suspicious person dead
Round C Night: #2 suspicious person investigated, mafia kills person

Round D: 0 people under suspicion (3 total)

This is assuming the mafia doesn't kill the person the cop tries to investigate

Also quoting this since I'd like an answer:

Exmond posted:

What can I do to give you the most information? Not defence but the most information.

I made my first post since uhh, it's kind of obvious with sebmojo dead that I would be under suspicion.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Going with T-rex is a townie (Providing evidence on the cop theory)
QPQ is a townie (Convincing town to lynch day 1 and select bminus1)
Sitting here is a townie (defending me yay!)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

I'm still unhappy about the "doctor protect QPQ" thing but that tilts more heavily towards new player than scumtell.

Are you prepared as I break down the whole "Cop" reveal strategy. I'm not good at writing but I am good at math and stuff. QPQ do you want to comment on this as I trust you the most.

Round A:
7 people left
6 under suspicion (Revealed: Cop)
#1 suspicious dies (UNLESS DOCTOR, GOTO BOTTOM)
Mafia kills rando
Cop reveal foobar

Round B: DOCTOR IS NOT KILLED
5 people left
3 under suspicion (Revealed: Cop, foobar)
Doctor reveals
2 under suspicion (Revealed: Cop,foobar,doctor)
#1 suspcious dies
Cop reveals faabar
Mafia kills doctor

3 people left
0 under suspicious (Revealed: Cop, foobar,faabar)

Round B: DOCTOR IS KILLED
5 people left
3 under suspicion (Revealed: cop, foobar)
#1 suspcious dies
Mafia kills cop

3 people left
2 under suspicion (Revealed: foobar)

Round A: DOCTOR FORCED TO REVEAL (IF doctor is about to die, go to this plan)
7 people left
5 under suspicion (Revealed: cop, doctor)
#1 suspicios dies
mafia kills doctor
cop reveals foobar

5 people left
3 under suspicios (Revealed: Cop,foobar)
#1 dies
Mafia kills cop

3 people left
2 under suspicions (Revealed: foobar)

Very interesting! Ill come up with stats if we are with a Town Roleblocker next

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

It ... seems to check out? I am tremendously bad with numbers though. I think the biggest issue there is that the doctor is probably hosed -- if the town starts calling for a lynch they might have to reveal, and if they reveal they're dead. "Town lynches doctor" absolutely shatters that framework and then we're worse off than we were before: down a cop and a doctor.

Also just a heads up: it's the election IRL where I am today, and I've been working as a campaign intern, and it's been a loving slobberknocker. I'm playing goon D&D this afternoon, then I'm getting blackout drunk. I'll try to lynch-vote before the party starts (whether it's a WE WON party or a WE LOST LET'S ERASE THIS MEMORY WITH ALCOHOL party) but then I might disappear for some time into an abyss of red wine and weeping. I'll try to get all my suspicions etc on the page long before then.

In the scenario i posted I pointed out the doctor should reveal if they are about to get lynched. We go down this path

Exmond posted:

Round A: DOCTOR FORCED TO REVEAL (IF doctor is about to die, go to this plan)
7 people left
5 under suspicion (Revealed: cop, doctor)
#1 suspicios dies
mafia kills doctor
cop reveals foobar

5 people left
3 under suspicios (Revealed: Cop,foobar)
#1 dies
Mafia kills cop

3 people left
2 under suspicions (Revealed: foobar)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Well, if two people claim to be cop you simply lynch one of them, then lynch the other one in the next round. Townies have no incentive to lie about their roles.

The way the math works out though, it looks like if there is a cop they should remain hidden and then reveal in round C. But we can discuss that in round C.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Also in my above scenario keep in mind we have a 1 in 6 chance of lynching the doctor, otherwise we go down this route:

Exmond posted:

Are you prepared as I break down the whole "Cop" reveal strategy. I'm not good at writing but I am good at math and stuff. QPQ do you want to comment on this as I trust you the most.

Round A:
7 people left
6 under suspicion (Revealed: Cop)
#1 suspicious dies (UNLESS DOCTOR, GOTO BOTTOM)
Mafia kills rando
Cop reveal foobar

Round B: DOCTOR IS NOT KILLED
5 people left
3 under suspicion (Revealed: Cop, foobar)
Doctor reveals
2 under suspicion (Revealed: Cop,foobar,doctor)
#1 suspcious dies
Cop reveals faabar
Mafia kills doctor

3 people left
0 under suspicious (Revealed: Cop, foobar,faabar)

If we go down any other route we are left with the 3 people left, 2 under suspicion route.

I have to go to a meeting, does someone want to discuss Round C if the cop reveals?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Cop should not reveal. I forgot scenario where mafia luckily kills the same person the cop investigated. Basically if cop reveals we roll 3 dice. If any of the dice are a 6 we lose out.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

You're making this hard on me because your reasoning is pro-town and tyr's was scummier. Of course anyone can post objective math/logic. So I agree we should get back to cases.

So. Yronic. After doing math and etc to show why cop reveal is bad why do you still want to kill me?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Thranguy posted:

I'm trying to figure out why the scum picked seb to kill. Okay, the two people who looked most town to me, maybe they also looked worth protecting and thus worth avoiding by the mafia. But seb was looking a lot more suspicious than yronic. sh, or muffin, so killing him gave us a lot more information than picking one of those. So why? The only two answers I can see are the exmund reverse psychology 'frame' qpq mentioned earlier or that the mafia literally rolled a die to prevent information leaking from their choice.

I think the last mafia player is new and is making mistakes, or is trying to make us turn against each other and used me as an obvious bait. If we hadn't had the math discussion I woulnd't of been confident enough to post some hard hitting MATH.

The math around the jaildooder and backup is a little rougher, but it comes out to DO NOT REVEAL.

Round A
7 people left
6 people under suspicion (Backup reveals)
#1 most suspicious dies
Jail dooder protects backup
mafia kills rando

Round B: JAILKEEPR ALIVE
5 people left
3 under suspicion (Revealed: Backup, jailer)
#1 most suspicious dies
jail dooder protects backup
mafia kills jailer

Round C:
3 people left
2 under suspicion (Revealed: Backup)

Round B: JAILKEEPER DEAD
5 people left
4 under suspicion (Revealed: Backup)
#1 most suspicious dies
Mafia kills Backup

Round C:
3 people left
3 under suspicion (Revealed: Noone)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Thranguy posted:

Thought of one more possibility; mafia might have thought 'if there's a cop they'll probably investigate seb', so killing him limits the town's information.

And if there had been a jailkeeper holding seb, we'd have no kill and probably have lynched seb, so the plan works in both scenarios.

Reading through I think SebMojo may have been killed because of these posts:

FWIW, the thing I am most thinking is exmond

1) TD/CC poster, likely knows who mojo is
2) knows mojo is a huge threat based on that
3) was pushing a joking "hahaha what if we lynched somebody known in CC to be very clever and on-to-it on day 1 haha wouldn't that be crazy" way further than the joke needed

Not his in-game role, just that he's super well known in this part of the forum and he's known for being really good at poo poo.

As well as uhh somebody making a dumb lovely joke over avatars...

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey guys I'm out at a friends place. Will post tommorrow.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Yo does jailer prevent the mafia from killing people? So if the jailer jailed the mafia guy then nobody would die right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Yo does jailer prevent the mafia from killing people? So if the jailer jailed the mafia guy then nobody would die right?

Also shouldn't T-rex do his claim? T-rex what role are you

• Locked thread