Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
sebmojo said i have to sign up or he'll ban me, so I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

i am the n0 cop and sitting here is guilty of moider.

only scum would go for the low-hanging fruit

We're creatives, the world is hard enough for us as it is, but since i guess we're gonna turn on each other like animals ##vote QuoProQuid

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I like how we all go straight for the accusin' and no one even RPs going to check on the lovecraftian hellscape outside

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Thranguy posted:

You've seen one lovecraftian hellscape, you've seen 'em all.

Also you're probably gibberingly insane.

sebmojo posted:

curiosity, eh, that sounds like something a KILLER would have

void monsters from the howling beyond detected

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
my suggestion is that we all work together to find a way out of this crazy situation actually

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I feel like "ironically" trying to start a bandwagon is either 1) a person who doesn't realise they're actively aiding the scum or 2) scum trying to double their income in a way that's plausibly denial

Either way can we cut that poo poo out?

he accused me so i accused him back :smith:

i just want to make it through this man, idk

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
we could do icebreaker games? or we could talk about how we're in a LOVECRAFTIAN HELLSCAPE and voidbeasts are possibly even now gnawing their way through decent, proper reality to feast on our orgones

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Assuming true randomness in lynch targets, the town has a greater probability of eventually hitting scum if it lynches someone D1 than it does in putting the decision off. In the "No-Lynch" scenario, there are four town members and two scum members alive on D3. If the town mislynches the game ends that night when the scum kill. In the YOLO scenario, there are three town members alive and two scum left on D3. The town mislynches and the game ends.

Putting aside math, a No-Lynch forces all the town roles to operate on minimal information. There's no way to use the flip, bandwagons, and cases to inform role choices. Nor is there as much information to operate on D2. While people can analyze the scum kill, there's little information to glean from the day itself. Everything ends up swaddled in circular reasoning.

In light of your recent posts, I really don't think you are scum. In fact, I'm about 85% sure of it. I do, however, think that a No-Lynch on D1 is the worst possible move that the town can make.

qpq craves death i guess

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Exmond posted:

My list of suspcious people, ranked in order

JonJoe
SebMojo
QuoQuidPro

Im up for allying though, who out of the list should we kill?

vote jonjoe since he's not playing

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I am willing to believe muffin and trex are not horrible murderers

QPQ and mojo I am ambiguous on

everyone else terrifies me, gtf away

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
oh nooo my reactions started as a joke to your joke suspicion aaaahhh

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
here's my feelings as a newb playing with other newbs:

people who benefit from town people killing each other will probably try to insight the mobbing and get us to vote against our own.

people who are crying for level heads and feel reluctant to kill are probably town people trying to look out for each other, especially those of us who haven't played before and are more concerned with the unspeakable horrors outside the windows.

(QPQ might possibly be the exception, since he pointed out that not killing anyone on day one would reduce the chance of town victory. If not executing anyone on day one would truly benefit scum, then it would've made more sense to keep quiet about that)

Mojo is ambiguous but there's literally no reason to vote for him over any other random person.

muffin is muffin.

trex....idk man, you backed me up on the QPQ vote but now i'm wondering if that was a jump to start a bandwagon to take out town people. I wanna trust you man but idk i just dk.

exmond, i'm starting to suspect you.

everyone else is ambiguous at this point.

Anyway, i think if the scum take me out at night, it'll be very telling verrry telling indeed as to who's who

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I plan on revising my vote shortly (still thinking), but I gotta go to work and etc.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Only because I don't suspect qpq anymore and I kinda did it in jest the first time

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
in my defense, the first time I posted after the round officially began, I took QPQ's non sequitur vote for me to be the norm. I figured everyone was gonna throw their votes around as they built consensus. I didn't think anyone would jump on my vote since there was literally no reason for me to vote QPQ except to be cheeky.

For friendship reasons I don't want to take T-rex out, but I guess I could be convinced. I'm kinda equally torn between exmond, yronic, and b-minus someone please convince me faaaast

why did I join a game about summary execution

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Exmond, if you aren't scum, then you've kind of thrown up a lot of dirt around yourself by making your gimmick in this thread a joke about sebmojo. If that's a strategy, it's not working very well.

b-minus1 posted:

I mean. What more can I say? I've been tunneled since the beginning. Sure I can post a bunch of reads but it's freaking day one. I would look at everyone who voted for me, especially T. rex, SH.

fwiw, I didn't vote for you (yet?), I just mentioned I could be convinced to.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I'm leaning toward b-minus (for the sake of a successful lynch), though curious about thranguy. They've only acknowledged very vague suspicions of each other, while openly trying to cast doubt or sway votes toward others.

I want to tentatively vote b-minus in this round and pay close attention to thrangles in the next (in addition to exmond and trex)

am I the only one seeing that?

e: typo

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 21, 2017

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Thranguy posted:

I'm more than vaguely suspicious on B-minus, just not changing my vote because that would end the day prematurely.

I guess I'm holding off my vote for the same reason. So my next question is a newbish one...the obvious benefit to leaving the day open is that it allows for more cases to be made. Are we thinking that someone is gonna make a case compelling enough to sway a sizable number of votes? Is it generally the "done" thing to wait out the day? I guess I can see how rushing to close the day early might be a scummy move since town don't have as much time.

I've been like frantically reading wikis and that helpful pastebin in the OP but there is a lot more to know about this game than I thought.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
holy poo poo, idk how I forgot that considering we enforce that rule in TD

mea culpa

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:ohdear:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mojo :(

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
ok so but this is super interesting. I think murdering mojo is probably an attempt by the scum to throw us off someone's correct suspicions. He voted for Exmond, but I think even Exmond wouldn't be that hilariously obvious after getting chided for his jokeposting. Mojo is who I'd kill if I wanted to give the town the least amount of information possible, basically.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Exmond posted:

Hey guys I'm busy at work and with the TD prompt but I will try and post later. I'll do a joke post later about how jonjoe's avatar got changed and justice was done but for "REAL PLAY"

poo poo.

So let's not beat around the bush, I'm suspect numero uno. Not only did b-minus1 kind of deflect when someone voted for me but sebmojo died.

I'm very new to this game and I don't know how to mount a defence. Work is getting in the way and ill post later.

I'll point out is that it seems a bit too obvious. I was highly suspected by at least 3 people and with my horrible sebmojo joke it is a nice setup.

Ill post later with more defence but work calls!

either you're legit or this is some amazingly good acting. Like, invoke suspicion so hard you circle around to not being suspicious.

But naw, I think this is someone trying to throw us off.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
agreed on thrangles

with exmond, basically two scenarios are likely:

A) he is innocent, but easy to frame. The real scum is counting on us to take mojo's death as "evidence" that exmond is scum.

B) Exmond is acting ridiculously suspicious in the hopes that we'll make assumption A.

While I can't "metagame" effectively, since both me and exmond are new to this, I think they are a very earnest person and their posting in this thread isn't out of the ordinary.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I would like to bring up this exchange:

yronic heroism posted:

Well you also never answered my above question about why you suspect Thranguy... so you can still answer that if you're claiming you were genuinely suspicious.

b-minus1 posted:

I mean I didn't like his early vote and that he's stayed utr for most of d1, and now he just seems to be waiting for any reason to jump on my or trexs wagon.

except....b-minus never actually mentioned any suspicion of thranguy before this, that I can see. I don't think they ever actually, officially suspected each other. My working hypothesis is that B-minus and thrangles were trying to play a low key game, hoping we'd tear each other apart with baseless mutual suspicion. Exmond is an easy frame, thus killing mojo.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Ah ok, I missed that. Hmmmm.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I think muffin, QPQ, and yronic have seemed consistently town this whole time. hopefully me, too.

exmond is being a goofball but I think it's just newbishness

so p much at this point I've got my eye on thran and trex.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I can't post much ATM because busy at work, but Thranguy is slowly redeeming himself in my eyes. Exmond is still giving me vibes like he's a bumbling newbie, so it's either that or he is way more deviously cunning than I thought.

I know fuckall about math, but my tummy is starting to lean toward Trex. I guess the most pragmatic way to go about it would be to lynch our most suspicious person, and then hope that the power roles will either block/investigate the second most suspicious person as a backup plan in case we're wrong. If suspect #1 is town, but there's no night kill, we might be able to deduce that we have a jailkeeper and were correct about suspect #2. If there's a cop they can obvs reveal if suspect #2 is scum.

If there is a kill and the cop doesn't reveal, we can deduce we were wrong about both people right?

idk, I suck at the thinkier parts of games like this. And I'm still getting a grasp on strategy.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

ur doing great sitting here

~~~i believe in u~~~

only scum would think this

not mafia scum, just regular scum

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
so uh you fellas wanna lynch someone or

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

You need to cast your vote too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just vote your first choices and let's talk when we see where we end up.

oh right.

with a heavy sigh I ##vote tyrannosaurus

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Just kill me. You're all loving stupid.

:eyepop:

if we're stupid then what's the obvious choice, here?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

these have been a few of my hungover thoughts.

supplemental: did my tongue always feel hairy or is that something that happens when the alcohol wears off?

it's normal for a growing boy to get hair in weird places

anyway, if trex is innocent, I say the rank of suspicions should go exmond, thran, me or QPQ, muffin and yronic

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Why wait? Do it now you little bitch boy. loving do it. Do it.

I'm sorry none of you understand "math." Jesus your world's must be frightening places to live in what being filled with devilry and witchcraft.

As I will not live to see the morning, I am compelled to tell the cop--who I know for a fact exists-- do not reveal yourself next round. There won't be a doctor to protect you. I don't want to give too much away before the axe drops but..

I A M T H E D O C T O R

It's been real, guys. Real dumb.

hello i am one of the frightened withbelievers that you are being a dick to

i will happily change my vote if you can use this "math" to point out a better option

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
witch-believers, that should say. lmbo what a dummy pls guide me with your superior intellect, trex

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i kinda wish Yronic would check in, since currently it seems we DO have a doctor/cop setup and not a jailkeeper (since at this point, couldn't that person claim their role and contradict trex?)

Like I guess I just wish we could hear from everyone before we make a choice, but I think we're running out of time

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
that's fine, but I would like everyone to be here to confirm that, which currently isn't the case

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
If we assume trex is telling the truth...would it work out, mathematically, to lynch someone who knows they're innocent/useless? And then have the cop reveal? We know the mafia would probably take out the doctor tonight, but that would narrow it down a whole lot, right?

if that works I volunteer for slaughter

if not i'll shut up b/c i'm still learning about this game :unsmith:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
If we think trex is the doctor, then kill me

##unvote (do i need to specify trex?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
like, stabs in the dark will take a lot of time and I don't want to accidentally hit the cop or something

• Locked thread