Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Here to make rookie mistakes at Podima's invitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

We've already beaten Games at jokephase.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Thranguy posted:

yronic's the quietest, which might be suspicious.

Busy until now. No strong suspicions but I'm re-reading.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

T-Rex could just be enthusiastic. I agree the vote did not look good. But my first ever game I piled on for dumb town reasons and got turboed for it D1. I was the town cop that game.

Exmond posted:

My list of suspcious people, ranked in order

JonJoe
SebMojo
QuoQuidPro

Im up for allying though, who out of the list should we kill?

Feels like fishing for votes. You are the one I'm most focused on so far.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm not feeling either of these cases that much. T-Rex did something and it's probably enough for a typical D1 case but the second of five votes isn't too much of scum tell. I'm open to a no execute but we will need 5 of 8 to execute tomorrow, means town really needs to stick together on a d2 vote.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

By either of these cases I mean Rex or QPQ.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Other thoughts:

I am not very suspicious of sh at all but they could be playing us if they're a decent writer.

I personally feel good about seb, solid posting, seems pro-town.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Why do you want a no lynch after the discussion above?

I don't want to hit town and like I said I'm not feeling these choices.

I'd prefer to vote for Exmond.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

In fact, that's my vote for now anyway

##vote exmond

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Is there anything more than the "fishing" post?

Yeah. I really didn't like it, found it more scum seeming than Rex's vote tbh. Seems like covering his bases to test for momentum against multiple targets.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

What do you think of b-minus?

Lurking pretty hard. Would.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Battery is dying. That's all I have for now. I'll check back in a few hours.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm back.

Thranguy posted:

Well, I started off vaguely thinking that no-lynch was the better choice for town, and the attempt to build a quick bandwagon looked suspicious. And I still find it a bit suspicious. But after the discussion on the math for no-lynch versus the alternative, I'm convinced. So I currently find the people still pushing for doing nothing (seb,) after those posts a bit more suspicious. Also maybe yronic, who also seems to prefer not killing anyone despite the math and is voting alone, which is just as good for scum pushing a null day one as abstaining. Not really feeling anything about anyone else who actually has votes, so I'll stay here for now.

(does 't-rex' work with votefinder anyhow?)

Ohh, why you got it in for me? I'm not saying no way on T. rex but I'm not a guaranteed hard no for that and really want to push exmond more right now because that's who I really suspect. Just because you voted first doesn't mean you get to dictate our only choices

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

We have several hours to change our votes but I feel our first suspicions need to be honest ones and not turbo bandwagons.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Go gently caress yourself how about that

##vote b-minus1

Bless

I prefer this over T. rex and may switch my vote. QPQ are you feeling b-minus over ex?

Who hasn't voted yet? To me that's worse than voting your conscience to start out.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

T. rex is at -1 vote I think (forgot that QPQ voted for him) . Should be an easy to get the 5th vote if we go that way, and I'll consider doing so if it comes down to that. I want to at least get a couple more hours of discussion and will be very suspicious of anyone who turbo votes to get us to five unless with this much time on the clock.

Since I don't have a second on ex, I will consolidate and ##vote b-minus

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I’m with you for the most part. I wouldn’t call a second vote on a player a scum tell, especially this early in the game. However…

I don’t like your decision to add a fourth player, which spreads votes are spread even further. We now have four players each with a vote. Of course, me voting to lynch you would add a fifth player receiving votes. It’s possible that you’re scum and trying to take heat off your scum partners.

I’m going to ##T-rex for the moment, but I do not like Tranguy’s early vote for T-rex. Joke votes are one thing, but it’s time for some serious discussion. Now that T-rex is under pressure, let's see how both he and tranguy respond. They deserve the chance to defend themselves.

If you are town: Maybe unvote to at least give rex the chance to defend? Right now anyone can drop in vote 5.

Also, what do you mean about tranguy's early vote? I'd like to hear your reasoning because right now you're just saying you don't like the very first person who voted the same way you are.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Thranguy posted:

b-minus didn't actually put 'vote' in there, so it's not quite official. (And I'm not sure how official the vote for 't-rex' is; votefinder isn't counting it with the others.)

What's the case against b-minus? Just early lurking+joining the emerging majority, or is there something else that looks scummy there?

Thranguy, sorry.

I didn't much care for the lurking, no. And the bandwagon from them seems at least as bad as Rex's.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Exmond posted:

I haven't voted yet. I'm siding towards T-Rex or Sitting Here. You don't respond to anything I write or discuss defences so Im a bit suspcioius of you as well.

QPQ is a townie for sure,unless the kill someone day one strat is terrible (Which .. it sounds like is bad). SebMojo feels like a townie.

I think your defense is just saying you're a newbie, But I'm not sure a new town player would fish, so doesn't really change my suspicion. Sounds like you are probably safe for today since only seb and I are willing to vote on you so far.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

honestly right now I'm most sold on mojo's suspicions of exmond but we've already got a crazy split vote

Same suspicion but even if we both switched it just gets ex to 3. Do we have a fourth vote out there for ex or bminus1?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Cool. Well that was a short game. I really don't understand what I did to deserve this.

Well you also never answered my above question about why you suspect Thranguy... so you can still answer that if you're claiming you were genuinely suspicious.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Am I hammered? How disappointing. Gg scum. Go town

You're not hammered yet if I'm counting right.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:redhammer:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I’m with you for the most part. I wouldn’t call a second vote on a player a scum tell, especially this early in the game. However…

I don’t like your decision to add a fourth player, which spreads votes are spread even further. We now have four players each with a vote. Of course, me voting to lynch you would add a fifth player receiving votes. It’s possible that you’re scum and trying to take heat off your scum partners.

I’m going to ##T-rex for the moment, but I do not like Tranguy’s early vote for T-rex. Joke votes are one thing, but it’s time for some serious discussion. Now that T-rex is under pressure, let's see how both he and tranguy respond. They deserve the chance to defend themselves.

Here is the early accusation thrown at tranguy.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Fwiw I don't think minus1 was bussing other scum except for maybe t-rex (with the "gently caress you" vote being sincere annoyance if they were scum buddies), and I doubt that. I still feel exmond more than not.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Tyrannosaurus posted:

If there's a cop, the game is over. They should let us know who they've investigated. The doctor can quietly protect them. And the town will win once we've widdeled this down.

This doesn't sound that foolproof to me unless they found scum.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

One of the things I keep coming back to is how minus1 focused on this, effectively redirecting the conversation back towards me and T. rex. Of course rex isn't really doing himself any favors right now with his QPQ vote but that could be disinterested town play as well.

Personally I still prefer to vote for exmond because of the above.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

If we have a cop and the cop investigated and found scum, yeah absolutely claim today.

If cop found town then all they can do today is clear one person, who also is then a scum target.

One other thing I thought of is if there is a cop they probably investigated one of our more scummy seeming folks, so ex, tyr, or tran. If no one comes forward to claim it reduces the chances scum is to be found in that group. Obviously we don't know which of those three cop might have looked at, but just a mathematical thing to keep in mind.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Exmond posted:

Cop should not reveal. I forgot scenario where mafia luckily kills the same person the cop investigated. Basically if cop reveals we roll 3 dice. If any of the dice are a 6 we lose out.

You're making this hard on me because your reasoning is pro-town and tyr's was scummier. Of course anyone can post objective math/logic. So I agree we should get back to cases.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I haven't voted for you yet today but still find you more suspicious than average. Posting sound math is a good thing but it's not like scum can't do it to appear town.

QPQ is justified in voting rex right now. I am curious to hear if anyone has cases to make against someone besides you and rex though.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

^
Mafia edit: the above post was directed at ex.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Thranguy posted:

I'm trying to figure out why the scum picked seb to kill. Okay, the two people who looked most town to me, maybe they also looked worth protecting and thus worth avoiding by the mafia. But seb was looking a lot more suspicious than yronic. sh, or muffin, so killing him gave us a lot more information than picking one of those. So why? The only two answers I can see are the exmund reverse psychology 'frame' qpq mentioned earlier or that the mafia literally rolled a die to prevent information leaking from their choice.

It wouldn't be a terrible move to kill seb for ex, though. It removes the most committed anti seb vote and now we have this "Wine in Front of Me" dilemma about what it means. And I'm the only person pushing against ex at the moment unless I'm missing someone, and since I know I'm not scum, it means whoever is scum isn't trying very hard to set up ex.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

On the other hand T. rex is scummy seeming for posting bad reveal advice, I just can't believe it would be as easy as both T. rex and minus1 being scum as the top suspects yesterday. Would rex really target seb for a night kill? I don't see it.

I'm open to persuasion but right now I've persuaded myself.
##vote exmond

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

But does trex as scum really go after seb? That part I don't see so much. He's not even voting/pushing ex.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

You need to cast your vote too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just vote your first choices and let's talk when we see where we end up.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

If no one else is feeling ex I will probably change my vote. I'm guessing if trex is town someone can always jail/investigate ex if he's the next likely suspect.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I believe T. rex because there hasn't been a counter claim. I really think someone should unvote.

I am getting suspicious of sitting here. Posts read like someone trying a little hard to sound town. Didn't vote for minus1. I suppose muffin could have hammered minus1 to stay above suspicion but doesn't read as scummy to me.

I believe Tranguy is low effort town.

Ex still seems scummy to me but I think I would switch my vote to sh. I assume ex will get investigated sooner or later if we have a cop, which we apparently do if we believe this is a cop/doc setup.

Like everyone i trust QPQ. Hard to believe they would sacrifice a scum bro so quickly.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Like...

Under the reveal strategy
If the mafia doesn't kill me tonight and decides to kill someone else, there is a 100% chance they won't kill the cop. They can't. Even if the cop and the mafia aim for the same person, the number of people who could be the mafia goes down.

But I guess farting accusations into the wind is cool too

You know what? I'm okay with this since we have a credible doc claim from you. I am the cop. Thranguy is confirmed town.

I am willing to back off ex for now and ask folks to consider no hammer.

##unvote

EXMOND IF YOU ARE TOWN DO NOT HAMMER THE DOC!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Exmond posted:

yronic did you investigate sebmojo round 1?

Investigated Thranguy, who is town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

That's why I kept saying Thranguy seemed cool in my posts today, I was trying to leave breadcrumbs in case scum killed me tonight.

• Locked thread