Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I'll try this, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Exmond posted:

It is well known that Undercover mafia (writers?) have to say if they are undercover. I can assure you I am not undercover.

But are you overcover mafia?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah joining bandwagons seems more suspicious than starting them ##vote Tyrannosaurus

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

I like how we all go straight for the accusin' and no one even RPs going to check on the lovecraftian hellscape outside

You've seen one lovecraftian hellscape, you've seen 'em all.

Also you're probably gibberingly insane.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

yronic's the quietest, which might be suspicious.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't think seb was scum until he just denied math.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Well, I started off vaguely thinking that no-lynch was the better choice for town, and the attempt to build a quick bandwagon looked suspicious. And I still find it a bit suspicious. But after the discussion on the math for no-lynch versus the alternative, I'm convinced. So I currently find the people still pushing for doing nothing (seb,) after those posts a bit more suspicious. Also maybe yronic, who also seems to prefer not killing anyone despite the math and is voting alone, which is just as good for scum pushing a null day one as abstaining. Not really feeling anything about anyone else who actually has votes, so I'll stay here for now.

(does 't-rex' work with votefinder anyhow?)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

b-minus didn't actually put 'vote' in there, so it's not quite official. (And I'm not sure how official the vote for 't-rex' is; votefinder isn't counting it with the others.)

What's the case against b-minus? Just early lurking+joining the emerging majority, or is there something else that looks scummy there?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I'm a bit more suspicious of b-minus than Ty right now, but not going to rush things.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I'm more than vaguely suspicious on B-minus, just not changing my vote because that would end the day prematurely.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I'm dead sure Ty is town now. And 99% sure QPQ is. Other than that, I don't have any strong reads. If seb had survived he'd be my top suspect still.

My very weak read is that Muffin feels a bit suspicious to me. Didn't do much by way of reads, one could argue the b-minus lynch was inevitable by the time he joined it.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know what to believe anymore.

(Ty's logic looks wrong; no reason for the cop to speak up unless we're on the verge of lynching someone they know is town*. But not so wrong as to be obviously scum rather than newbie.)

*And there may be some counter-intuitive logic for not even then, but it's not obvious to me.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

The scenario was after someone claimed cop, which would be a fake claim and thus scum.

'Course, mafia aren't going to fake claim on any day but the last, so sort of moot. If we have a jailkeeper nobody should say anything.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

If any scum fake-claims, the real role can counterclaim and town wins in two. (Same if scum fake-counterclaims). Scum knows this, so will only fake-claim if they're dummies too.

So an uncountered claim can be fully trusted at this point, which means the cop can tell the entire town who's innocent, lowering chances of off-lynches.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I'm trying to figure out why the scum picked seb to kill. Okay, the two people who looked most town to me, maybe they also looked worth protecting and thus worth avoiding by the mafia. But seb was looking a lot more suspicious than yronic. sh, or muffin, so killing him gave us a lot more information than picking one of those. So why? The only two answers I can see are the exmund reverse psychology 'frame' qpq mentioned earlier or that the mafia literally rolled a die to prevent information leaking from their choice.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Thought of one more possibility; mafia might have thought 'if there's a cop they'll probably investigate seb', so killing him limits the town's information.

And if there had been a jailkeeper holding seb, we'd have no kill and probably have lynched seb, so the plan works in both scenarios.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

When ty voted b-minus he was the first one, with no justification but revenge. No way of expecting it would get traction.
voting qpq makes no sense at all; the b-minus train would have gone nowhere without them. Mafia deliberately stage-managing the loss of their power role is a few more dimensions than chess can go.
And b-minus's malformed vote for ty is looking even more suspicious now, as is the lack of correction when called on that.

##vote tyrannosaurus, which should put us at -1.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

If I read the setup right, if there is a backup they might not know that they are backup yet. Also everyone should check in so nobody can say they missed a chance to counterclaim I think.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So what do we know? (If QPQ came up clean, I read muffin slightly scummier than ex right now. Not that it matters other than day count bragging rights.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

The only other scenarios are your investigation comes up scum or Muffin shows up and late-counterclaims cop, and they both play out in a straightforward manner.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

##vote SurreptitiousMuffin

Wish we'd (self included) followed my morning two suspicion rather than going down the trex/math rathole that day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Are we supposed to be able to see spectator chat? I can only see scum right now.

• Locked thread