Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Takuan
May 6, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I dunno, sad to me is like Lex Luger, or Scott Hall, or someone similar. Someone who destroyed themselves and is just hanging on as a shadow of themselves. Sad to me suggests pitiable and pathetic. There is nothing pathetic to me about a cancer survivor. Its sad what happened to him, sure. But Bobby Heenan himself was not sad to see. He was a hero, and the fact he fought as long as he did should be seen as inspiring, not sad.

It was sad in the same way a brilliant dancer losing their leg would be, or a great piano player getting arthritis. Is it as bad as dying? No, but it's still sad to see someone who was defined for decades by their voice, by their sharpness, their timing, their wit, someone who was an all-time great in their field be robbed of these things for more than decade before passing away. Yeah, he survived cancer, and that's great, but he didn't come out unscarred, which is sad at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread