Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

The Greatest Ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

I kinda hate people saying pictures of him the last few years are sad.

He was a cancer survivor who kicked its rear end and went on living without a jaw because he was that tough of a son of a bitch

Nothing is sad about Bobby Heenan

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

MassRafTer posted:

It's pretty sad that someone's health failed for their final decade of life and they lost most of their ability to speak, something that brought them joy and fame. It's not like this is someone who survived cancer and lived until 90, he suffered for years, his health declined and he died not that old. It's very sad.

I dunno, sad to me is like Lex Luger, or Scott Hall, or someone similar. Someone who destroyed themselves and is just hanging on as a shadow of themselves. Sad to me suggests pitiable and pathetic. There is nothing pathetic to me about a cancer survivor. Its sad what happened to him, sure. But Bobby Heenan himself was not sad to see. He was a hero, and the fact he fought as long as he did should be seen as inspiring, not sad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

DJExile posted:

Yeah at this point the last of the truly great mic workers is probably Paul Heyman

Jericho
Reigns

• Locked thread