Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, I loved Bobby Heenan so much. As a kid he would get me so mad and I'd be so happy when he would get his comeuppance. It never occurred to me that he got his comeuppance A LOT because every single time it was so cathartic, because he sold it so well. When I got older I realized just how quick-witted and clever he was and really grew to appreciate just how effortless he made being a heel manager look. I loved that even when he was in trouble he couldn't stop his mouth getting him into more trouble, and I will forever love that regardless of his own alignment, he would maintain his hatred and loathing of Hulk Hogan :allears:

Those Lee Marshall road reports where Lee would crack an awful joke at his expense and he'd just come up with an amazing retort on the fly were the best. I think once Lee was in Dallas and cracked a joke, and Bobby immediately replied with,"They shot the wrong guy down there." :lol:

RIP Bobby Heenan, you were the best and nobody will ever be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel being the most insufferable arrogant pricks setting up the Stevens turn is one of my favorite things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdDPl0i3bU

Goddamn that moment when he smacks Heenan :stare:

• Locked thread