Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

With 61 points in 25 games Aleksi Heponiemi is making a serious push to be the CHL's highest scorer since Crosby. He's actually on pace for more than that (176pts at the moment). That's a hell of a 2nd round pick.

Hmmm maybe Pittsburgh should have drafted this guy instead of using their pick to get Ryan goddamn Reaves

gently caress's sake I'm a Flames fan and I can't believe the stupidity. It's not like his previous year was bad, either, he had 84 pts in 72 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dmytro Timashov just walked Tony DiAngelo for an OT winner and it was good

I suspect not a lot of these Marlies will ever be NHLers outside of Liljegren/Kapanen though, they’ve got a good record but it’s a surprisingly old team and a lot of them look particularly AHL-good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A 16 year old Finnish goalie made 100 saves (in a 5-0 loss)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: MONSTERS TV GAME :siren:

E- :roflolmao: A goal is scored with Labrie and Gallant tossing them at the blue line. :roflolmao:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 24, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: MONSTERS TV GAME :siren:

E- :roflolmao: A goal is scored with Labrie and Gallant tossing them at the blue line. :roflolmao:

That happened right in front of me (I was running the clock tonight). I followed them once the puck dropped because they had beef last night, and the refs were talking to them right before the opening puck drop. I saw them drop the gloves, and just behind them I saw the red light on... and thought to myself "why would they put the goal light on for a fight? Oh, we scored already"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hockles posted:

That happened right in front of me (I was running the clock tonight). I followed them once the puck dropped because they had beef last night, and the refs were talking to them right before the opening puck drop. I saw them drop the gloves, and just behind them I saw the red light on... and thought to myself "why would they put the goal light on for a fight? Oh, we scored already"

I was actually wondering if the fight beat the goal and was confused as to how they allowed it to stand, but it did.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

This might be the year the WBS lose the record for the longest consecutive playoff streak. They are just a terrible team after a really hot start. I'm honestly starting to think that Tom Kostopoulous coached the team more than Clark Donatelli, since this terrible streak started when he went on IR.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Everett Silvertips just beat the Vancouver Giants 11-0.

Good lord.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm gonna post the remaining Monsters TV schedule in case I'm too lazy to look it up and anybody else in Ohio wants to watch AHL action:
12-30 vs Grand Rapids (SportsTime Ohio (STO))
1-19 vs Rockford (FOX Sports Ohio (FSO))
1-27 vs Iowa (FSO)
2-2 vs Grand Rapids (STO)
2-23 vs Stockton (STO)
3-2 vs Tucson (STO)
3-24 vs San Diego (STO)
4-8 vs San Antonio (3pm, FSO)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yay, more Monsters hockey on my TV box.

Boo that start.

Jock Callender sounds drunk. :lol:

e- Joe Pendenza was suspended for getting knocked the gently caress out, eh? I figured getting decked would be punishment enough.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 31, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yay, more Monsters hockey on my TV box.

Also, bonus back-of-Hockles-head. (I'm running the clock)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Seven (7) minutes for roughing?

Is that 2+5? Why is there a Grand Rapids player in the box?

Now there's a ten minute misconduct and nobody has any idea what the hell is going on or who it's on. :psyduck:

e- They just explained it. 2 instigating+5 fighting+10 on Gallant and this is one which will go on HockeyFights.com as saying the Griffins player "did not receive a fighting major."

Hockles posted:

Also, bonus back-of-Hockles-head. (I'm running the clock)

:hfive:

e2- The PP is now over, which is nice, but which penalty ended first? The 2, which would end with a goal, or the 5, which would be fire at will because it's a major? :psyboom:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 31, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I thought the penalties ran like a Double-Minor, where the penalty resets at 2:00 if a goal is scored during the first 2min. Apparently (and the rule book confirmed) the 5 runs first, and the 2 runs last.

I thought I knew everything....

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: That Koules goal was cool :siren:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the Team USA Olympic roster has been released:

Goaltenders:
Ryan Zapolski (KHL)
2 others TBD

Defensemen:
Chad Billins (SHL)
Jon Blum (KHL)
Will Borgen (NCAA)
Matt Gilroy (KHL)
Ryan Gunderson (SHL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (Swiss National League)
Noah Welch (SHL)
James Wisnewski (DEL2)

Forwards:
Mark Arcobello (Swiss National League)
Chris Bourque (AHL)
Bobby Butler (AHL)
Ryan Donato (NCAA)
Brian Gionta (Free Agent)
Jordan Greenway (NCAA)
Chad Kolarik (DEL)
Broc Little (National League)
John McCarthy (AHL)
Brian O'Neill (KHL)
Garrett Roe (National League)
Jim Slater (National League)
Ryan Stoa (KHL)
Troy Terry (NCAA)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

the Team USA Olympic roster has been released:

Goaltenders:
Ryan Zapolski (KHL)
2 others TBD

Defensemen:
Chad Billins (SHL)
Jon Blum (KHL)
Will Borgen (NCAA)
Matt Gilroy (KHL)
Ryan Gunderson (SHL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (Swiss National League)
Noah Welch (SHL)
James Wisnewski (DEL2)

Forwards:
Mark Arcobello (Swiss National League)
Chris Bourque (AHL)
Bobby Butler (AHL)
Ryan Donato (NCAA)
Brian Gionta (Free Agent)
Jordan Greenway (NCAA)
Chad Kolarik (DEL)
Broc Little (National League)
John McCarthy (AHL)
Brian O'Neill (KHL)
Garrett Roe (National League)
Jim Slater (National League)
Ryan Stoa (KHL)
Troy Terry (NCAA)

Honestly their forwards are as good as the rules allow, really. Lot of guys on that list were pretty successful in the AHL, like Bourque, Butler and O'Neill. Plus, the Wiz!

Canada's men's squad will probably just be the Spengler team

Also, how about dem Moose Jaw Warriors?! 30-6-3. They could play .500 the rest of the year and still easily make the playoffs.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 1, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Paging Duke Chin:
https://streamable.com/b5dyr

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/mkeadmirals/status/947955959472820224

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh my god, who is that scoring the goal? What a loving nice combination of skill, awareness and tenacity.

This is the nice thing about the lack of NHL presence at the Olympics, other people get a chance to represent their country. For some of these guys, it's the biggest opportunity they'll ever have to achieve excellence.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 3, 2018

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Apparently while nobody was looking the Fronts added Vilardi, Day, and Pu.

They're still gonna make it no more than the 2nd round at most but I guess I will get a PU 69 Fronts jersey.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

WBS had a goal waved off for a crease violation tonight. Not goaltender interference (no one touched the goalie) a crease violation. They even announced it this way. When do the World Juniors end so the real AHL refs come back? (At least they came back and still won the game.)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Oh my god, who is that scoring the goal? What a loving nice combination of skill, awareness and tenacity.

Habs 2017 5th round pick, Jarret Tyszka.

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 4, 2018

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quote:

The Broncos put themselves all-in in the Eastern Conference Monday, acquiring Edmonton Oilers goaltending prospect Stuart Skinner (1998) and captain Giorgio Estephan (1997) from the Central Division Hurricanes. Also headed to Swift Current is forward Tanner Nagel (1998).

In return, the Hurricanes have acquired seven pieces to help their team for the remainder of the year and beyond, starting with goaltender Logan Flodell (1997), rookie forward Logan Barlage (2001), forward Owen Blocker (2000) and defenceman Matthew Stanley (1998). The Hurricanes have also received a first-round draft pick in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft, a third-round pick in the same draft and a conditional second-round draft pick in the 2021 WHL Bantam Draft.

whl trades can be fun i guess

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The CHL trade deadline is everything we wish the NHL trade deadline was and more.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The WHL playoffs are gonna be a bloodbath this year, every team thinks they’re gonna be a contender and went apeshit for the trade deadline.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Brandon traded their two best players despite being in third and being actually pretty good. Passing around 15 year olds like a bong.

quote:

In return for the 19-year old Lloydminster, Alberta product, the Wheat Kings get 18-year old defenceman Chase Hartje, 17-year old forward Luka Burzan as well as three high bantam draft picks – first round picks in both 2019 and 2021 as well as a second round selection in 2018.

In exchange for Kaspick, the Wheat Kings acquired two first round selections (in 2019 and 2021) as well as two highly touted prospects in 16-year old defenceman Jonathan Lambos of Winnipeg and 15-year old Brandon forward Ty Thorpe.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
As a blades fan still living through a dark post-memmer fallow period, I am thoroughly enjoying watching the pats make the same idiot mistakes

Welcome to the basement boys, it’s cozy down here

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Isn't there someone who goes to all the Admirals games? We are taking a road trip the first weekend in March to the WBS Grand Rapids, Rockford and Milwakee games and would love to say hi.

Edit: going to live the life of an AHL player for a weekend in a van full of guys.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Despite 3rd place Jokerit still having 11 games left in their schedule, SKA St. Petersburg clinched the league last night. They are 45-4-3.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Despite 3rd place Jokerit still having 11 games left in their schedule, SKA St. Petersburg clinched the league last night. They are 45-4-3.

jesus :stare:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
And CSKA Moscow is 45-8-1

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

These "super-teams" are ruining the NBA!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: BROADHURST :siren:

Come on, Monsters. You can't let an ENG stand as the GWG.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Their goaltending numbers are unreal http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0050332018.html

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

David Rundblad!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Kailer Yamamoto seemed to go into a bit of a funk after he came back from Edmonton but seems to have worked through it and is now quite good.

https://twitter.com/spokanechiefs/status/954953341057970176

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Two CBJ/VGK related games in three days with Cleveland/Wolves on NHL Network right now.

That there is an ugly scoring ticker on CW50.

e- Kivlenieks has had some huge saves here in the third.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 22, 2018

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...a-idUSKBN1F716G

Korea is gonna field a joint North-South team for the women's tournament.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
First time at a major junior game tonight. Silvertips and Thunderbirds. After being raised on the AHL they look so sloppy and shrimpy it's really quite:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Natty Ninefingers posted:

First time at a major junior game tonight. Silvertips and Thunderbirds. After being raised on the AHL they look so sloppy and shrimpy it's really quite:3:

I should really go to a WBS Knights game myself just to see how junior hockey looks. I've seen some high school games when they played after the AHL games some Friday nights. They really looked slow right after an AHL game ended.

• Locked thread