Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dmytro Timashov just walked Tony DiAngelo for an OT winner and it was good

I suspect not a lot of these Marlies will ever be NHLers outside of Liljegren/Kapanen though, they’ve got a good record but it’s a surprisingly old team and a lot of them look particularly AHL-good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So uh, Phantoms goalie Alex Lyon just got a match penalty for kicking at a Marlie as he lay in the crease after being cross-checked

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DJExile posted:

i... wow, yeah i expected that to be much worse. the hell?

It wasn’t a lot but that replay kinda downplays it compared to when I was watching. The ref was immediately on it though, and I’m kind of ok with a zero-tolerance outlook on that kind of thing specifically in hockey for what should be obvious reasons. But yeah NHL players have straight stomped on dudes and gotten less, it’s a real gutsy call.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

sedative posted:

Andreas Johnsson is really good

Yeah he's really popped off in these playoffs since coming back from the Leafs. He's not going back to the AHL after this run.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol that phantom Stars goal

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Fun fact: not even the first non-goal called legit by dogshit AHL refs in the Calder Cup Final in recent memory against the Marlies

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andreas Johnsson is better than the entire Stars team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marlies win! :toot:

• Locked thread