Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

With 61 points in 25 games Aleksi Heponiemi is making a serious push to be the CHL's highest scorer since Crosby. He's actually on pace for more than that (176pts at the moment). That's a hell of a 2nd round pick.

Hmmm maybe Pittsburgh should have drafted this guy instead of using their pick to get Ryan goddamn Reaves

gently caress's sake I'm a Flames fan and I can't believe the stupidity. It's not like his previous year was bad, either, he had 84 pts in 72 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A 16 year old Finnish goalie made 100 saves (in a 5-0 loss)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

the Team USA Olympic roster has been released:

Goaltenders:
Ryan Zapolski (KHL)
2 others TBD

Defensemen:
Chad Billins (SHL)
Jon Blum (KHL)
Will Borgen (NCAA)
Matt Gilroy (KHL)
Ryan Gunderson (SHL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (Swiss National League)
Noah Welch (SHL)
James Wisnewski (DEL2)

Forwards:
Mark Arcobello (Swiss National League)
Chris Bourque (AHL)
Bobby Butler (AHL)
Ryan Donato (NCAA)
Brian Gionta (Free Agent)
Jordan Greenway (NCAA)
Chad Kolarik (DEL)
Broc Little (National League)
John McCarthy (AHL)
Brian O'Neill (KHL)
Garrett Roe (National League)
Jim Slater (National League)
Ryan Stoa (KHL)
Troy Terry (NCAA)

Honestly their forwards are as good as the rules allow, really. Lot of guys on that list were pretty successful in the AHL, like Bourque, Butler and O'Neill. Plus, the Wiz!

Canada's men's squad will probably just be the Spengler team

Also, how about dem Moose Jaw Warriors?! 30-6-3. They could play .500 the rest of the year and still easily make the playoffs.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 1, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh my god, who is that scoring the goal? What a loving nice combination of skill, awareness and tenacity.

This is the nice thing about the lack of NHL presence at the Olympics, other people get a chance to represent their country. For some of these guys, it's the biggest opportunity they'll ever have to achieve excellence.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 3, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Despite 3rd place Jokerit still having 11 games left in their schedule, SKA St. Petersburg clinched the league last night. They are 45-4-3.

Their goaltending numbers are unreal http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0050332018.html

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jesus, maybe Mr.Klotz should just retire. He got sonned and Tansey didn't even have to touch him (minus the one punch KO the previous year).

The league should toss the guy for the rest of the year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quack quack quack, Mr.Duckworth

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

In the only good Canucks news today: Elias Pettersson matched Peter Forsberg for the 2nd best U20 SEL season ever. He needs 7 points in his last 5 games to pass Kent Nilsson for 1st overall (admittedly in more games).

Of the top 10 best U20 SEL seasons aside from Pettersson, all but one of the individuals on it had a 100pt season in the NHL (Thomas Gradin who had the 10th best season and managed a mere 86pts at his peak).

Top Ten List

I feel like the SEL is better than the KHL on the whole, is that accurate?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

That just proves my theory that with a proper amount of practice time, the NCAA all-americans/top prospects could beat a whole bunch of AHL/foreign teams do not respond to this post

Ken Holland probably agrees

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

inferis posted:

It just shows how bad Kevin Constantine was for Everett that they couldn’t win with Hart. He was indirectly responsible for auston matthews not going to the whl too

Do tell, that's the first I heard about this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Marlies continue to dominate. I'm going to the first home game of the conference finals against whoever winds up taking the Lehigh/Charlotte series

Don't they have a bunch of AAAA guys?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

inferis posted:

but what does milbury think

The words Milbury and think don't really go together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watching the World Junior showcase and the US has a player named Beeghe who is only 5'3.

Poor kid, no way does he make it. Fact that a solid program like Michigan grabbed him and he made the USDT is impressive though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 3, 2018

• Locked thread