Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

WBS showed off their third jersey for the first time today (yes the tweet is a sales ad.)

https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/916050410816843777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

DJExile posted:

jesus, whose iphone 4 took that picture

I have no idea what has been going on there this year, everything has been last minute, so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they got the jerseys in and actually took the picture with a phone to tweet out. (We got our season tickets with like 2 days to spare before preseason started.)

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Hmm, going to be an interesting weekend for WBS. With Niemi getting claimed, and DeSmith being called up, the only other goalie under contract is Sean Maguire, who is injured in Wheeling. On the bright side, the Pens only have two games this weekend, so Jarry should be able to play both games.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

So for the first game Milwaukee plays in WBS since the finals, they get to face a goalie who has never played in the AHL. I guess I should be glad I'm missing this game. Ouch.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This might be the year the WBS lose the record for the longest consecutive playoff streak. They are just a terrible team after a really hot start. I'm honestly starting to think that Tom Kostopoulous coached the team more than Clark Donatelli, since this terrible streak started when he went on IR.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

WBS had a goal waved off for a crease violation tonight. Not goaltender interference (no one touched the goalie) a crease violation. They even announced it this way. When do the World Juniors end so the real AHL refs come back? (At least they came back and still won the game.)

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Isn't there someone who goes to all the Admirals games? We are taking a road trip the first weekend in March to the WBS Grand Rapids, Rockford and Milwakee games and would love to say hi.

Edit: going to live the life of an AHL player for a weekend in a van full of guys.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Natty Ninefingers posted:

First time at a major junior game tonight. Silvertips and Thunderbirds. After being raised on the AHL they look so sloppy and shrimpy it's really quite:3:

I should really go to a WBS Knights game myself just to see how junior hockey looks. I've seen some high school games when they played after the AHL games some Friday nights. They really looked slow right after an AHL game ended.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Tonight was the first time the IceHogs ever played in WBS. Not sure why they have never been here before, but it's cool to see new teams. Next week is my road trip with a bunch of the guys. We're doing Rockford, Grand Rapids and Milkwaukee. First time I'm going to see those arenas.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Hockles posted:

Yep, and (for obvious reasons) we play Tucson for the first time ever next week too.

The format that year and each year until this year was: CA teams play each other, and TX for like 68 of their games, and they play east of Texas once or twice. Finally they changed it to where they play everybody (relatively) evenly.

e: It wasn't even 68 games, because they play 68 for the entirety of their schedule, so it was more like 60 games against each other.

Now that we've had a bunch of teams come down this season, maybe next year you guys will do the road trip to WBS, Hershey, Lehigh Valley and Bighamton. Which means WBS would play out there and I would finally have an excuse to come to a Monsters game.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

The WBS Pens road trip have arrived in Milwaukee for our final game of our western trip! And I'm stuck in an Urgent care with a scratched cornea. Not missing the game this afternoon, but this does kinda suck.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Holy hell, that's a lot of goalies.

https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/975489541242015744

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Who are Jeremy Tufts and Connor O'Donnel and why are they the worst refs in the AHL?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Honestly, Charlotte might be one of the scariest teams recently. They've been on fire lately. I wouldn't call it avoiding LV as much as whoever plays them might be the one in trouble.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Welp, it's Charlotte for WBS. It's also interesting, the 2nd game is on my sisters birthday, and she moved to near Charlotte. Game 3 is on my birthday. (I'm going to miss game 4 and 5 if they happen because I'll be visiting her. Weird how it worked out.)

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

WBS swept by Charlotte. Donatelli is Bylsma 2.0. At least I only had to pay for 1 playoff ticket for my annual disappointment.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I want someone to make an entire team of varieties of Brayden without reusing one.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Hockles posted:

I get to see a handful of teams I've never seen before! And then never see many of the others ever again!

Adding Colorado to the mix and throwing them in the Pacific, and having room for wherever Seattle's AHL team (my guess would be Portland) also in the Pacific makes so much sense. Now, if they could just stop doing such an unbalanced schedule and have all the teams play 76 games, we'd be in business.

I knew this was coming, btw :P

Guess this means I will be coming out your way next season. I guess I'll see when the schedule is posted.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

So uh, Phantoms goalie Alex Lyon just got a match penalty for kicking at a Marlie as he lay in the crease after being cross-checked

That's probably the series for them if they don't rescind the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

yeah, I ref and one of the big things in the rules are that even attempts to kick a guy are always a match, no ifs ands or buts.

Yeah, might have been one of those type of plays, then the league will look at it and just rescind the match and call it a day. If they don't rescind the match and give Lyons a game suspension for that though...wow.

• Locked thread