Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

The ECHL has been calling up SPHL guys left and right. They broke the record for call ups about a month ago, first place Pensacola has pretty much turned over their roster due to guys going up and injuries (but they keep winning at a ridiculously high rate). Any reason why call ups are so popular this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

It is almost time for the top 3 SPHL teams to pick their first round playoff opponents. My hometown team is probably going to have to go up against by far the #1 seed, Peoria. Evansville the closest team to them by a bunch, and with the unbalanced schedule played them 13 times out of the 56 game season going 3-7-3 against them. Currently 6th, but if they win out over the last 4 games they might be as high as 4th, but that won't matter.

ps

gently caress the Jacksonville Icemen now and forever.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

The SPHL did their playoff selection show tonight. The matchups:

#1 Peoria picked #8 Roanoke
#2 Macon picked #6 Evansville
#3 Pensacola picked #5 Knoxville
#4 Huntsville is left with #7 Mississippi

So a little shakeup. A mild surprise that Peoria didn't pick Evansville, they beat the Thunderbolts in 10 out of 13 matchups this year, but they did win 4 out 5 against Roanoke and Roanoke's building isn't available for their 1st round game so it will be played in Lynchburg instead. Macon went with the team they had the best record against as did Pensacola, who may lose a home game if the series makes it to game 3.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

We have the 1st SPHL challenger to regret their decision. #3 Pensacola lost in triple OT to #5 Knoxville to drop the series 2-0. They could have picked #7 Mississippi, who are going to game 3 at Huntsville tonight. Also tonight is game 3 for #2 Macon and #6 Evansville. #1 Peoria swept #8 Roanoke earlier this week, with both games being played away from their normal buildings. Roanoke had to go to Liberty University in Lynchburg and play in a building named after the "Left Behind" books guy, and Peoria had to host in a local skating rink, capacity of less than 1000.

Looking forward to a possible matchup next round, if Evansville & Huntsville advance they'll both lose home games to Monster Jam.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

More minor league: Monster Jam or Disney on Ice?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Bad ice delays the start in Macon, further delay as the Zamboni breaks down and starts spewing snow on the ice.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

DJExile posted:

ahaha holy hell

E: go di hope there's video of that

SPHL, so probably not. They missed the entire game 1 of the Pensacola / Knoxville series, then cut out for game 2's 3rd OT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Quad Cities had their ECHL team fold, but they'll have a new SPHL team next season. They get the old Louisiana Ice Gators franchise, and are having a contest to pick their name / mascot.

The SPHL will stay at 10 teams though, the Mississippi River Kings are going dark for a year (forever).

• Locked thread