Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://twitter.com/punishedbeans/status/1770274295249334301?t=Aa0thtaQX8JGq3AIvzhOUg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s reminding me of the income tax vote. A whole bunch of people who don’t understand what it’s actually about and that it would actually be a tax cut for them. Instead all the temporarily embarrassed millionaires in this state vote it down.

The income tax amendment passed bigtime in Chicago. The problem is Brandon Johnson has spent a year being incompetent and asked voters to give him more money to start another program.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Looks like Bost went over Bailey in the downstate race. Hopefully Bailey will gently caress off and disappear now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Badger of Basra posted:

The income tax amendment passed bigtime in Chicago. The problem is Brandon Johnson has spent a year being incompetent and asked voters to give him more money to start another program.

Yea, I agree with this. Johnson didn't really sell this at all, at least from what I saw. Seems that he was just letting progressive groups do all the work for him.

In some ways, I worry that the progressive angst against Biden inadvertently killed Bring Chicago Home as people stayed home. I have no proof of that though, just sort of a gut reaction. I still don't really get why there were so many votes against it though. The amount of homeowners that would've taken a tax hit on this is tiny. Who are all these people voting against it? A lot of Dems had to have voted against it considering Biden got 227K votes in Chicago (about 250k total Dem votes so far), while Republican ballots were only 30k or so. Just frustrating all around, especially since I know a ton of the people who voted No are surely the same people complaining about homeless encampments.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Nash posted:

Looks like Bost went over Bailey in the downstate race. Hopefully Bailey will gently caress off and disappear now.

Sorry but he has to follow this path as determined by Deuteronomy 7:8-54

School Board - State Rep - State Senate - Governor - Congressional Rep - Congressional Senate - POTUS - Galaxy Overlord - Clay County Dog Catcher

So it is written, so it shall be.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, I agree with this. Johnson didn't really sell this at all, at least from what I saw. Seems that he was just letting progressive groups do all the work for him.

In some ways, I worry that the progressive angst against Biden inadvertently killed Bring Chicago Home as people stayed home. I have no proof of that though, just sort of a gut reaction. I still don't really get why there were so many votes against it though. The amount of homeowners that would've taken a tax hit on this is tiny. Who are all these people voting against it? A lot of Dems had to have voted against it considering Biden got 227K votes in Chicago (about 250k total Dem votes so far), while Republican ballots were only 30k or so. Just frustrating all around, especially since I know a ton of the people who voted No are surely the same people complaining about homeless encampments.

A lot of people have a bad case of Taxpayer Brain, where nothing is more sacred than the individual Taxpayer who will vote against any and all proposed tax increases, no matter their personal impact.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

School Board - State Rep - State Senate - Governor - Congressional Rep - Congressional Senate - POTUS - Galaxy Overlord - Clay County Dog Catcher

It is a heavy burden for anyone, let alone the world’s greatest farmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Does Olney have any elected office related to the white squirrels?