Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Is there any clarification anywhere that asthma counts as a pulmonary disease and will in included in expanded 1b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
One article I read claimed you could check eligibility using myChart, but damned if I know how to do that.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
That seems like it would depend on your health provider, no?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DalaranJ posted:

One article I read claimed you could check eligibility using myChart, but damned if I know how to do that.

For mine (Northwestern), if you go to Schedule Appointment, it'll say if you're eligible or not.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
:siren: Mike Madigan resigning at the end of the month. :siren:

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBreaking/status/1362426913915101185?s=20

Djarum fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 18, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Limbaugh dead and now this? Wow.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The boomers were gonna have to move on eventually, it's a bright new day (for some other rear end in a top hat we all hate to rise to power).

Jows
May 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

The boomers were gonna have to move on eventually, it's a bright new day (for some other rear end in a top hat we all hate to rise to power).

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Born in 1959, so by most reckonings he is indeed a Boomer.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Don't they already hate Pritzker?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Too busy angling for any ambassadorship he can from Biden.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 18, 2021

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I’d be fine shipping Rahm off to some random country so he can’t gently caress up things here.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

borkencode posted:

I’d be fine shipping Rahm off to some random country so he can’t gently caress up things here.

He wants China…

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Double post but Madigan’s resignation is immediate now instead of at the end of the month.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

I hope that this will ease my relations with my father in law.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
It probably won't

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
One more Daley-Madigan crook going down.

https://twitter.com/tnovaksuntimes/status/1362728770256437256?s=20

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Good ol' Bridgeport. Never change.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JohnAmdor/status/1363541233763840001

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
As expected Bailey announced his run for governor. People around my area are going to go crazy for him. Gross.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Does anyone in the suburbs care about Bailey? There is absolutely no way for a Republican to win without support from the burbs. I kind of doubt any downstate Republican is going to be governor again. They have pretty different priorities than the burbs where most of their voters live.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I can definitely see Bailey winning the R primary (there are enough crazy Rs downstate and he will pull a Trump by sucking all of the air out of the R primary) but dammit, his entire schtick is that Chicago is not real Illinois so he should not even have such a chance.

Also, his campaign is so on top of everything that someone else has already purchased

https://www.baileyforgovernor.com

And it redirects to Pritzker’s page.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 23, 2021

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I can’t imagine he has any shot. People around here however howl with glee at every news story about his stupid lawsuits.

Edit: Kanyon you ignorant slut

Nash fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 23, 2021

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
What in the everloving hell is up with this police reform bill?

It seems... Outlandish?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Can you be more specific on the “outlandish” parts?

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Can you be more specific on the “outlandish” parts?

This. I spent two hours reading all 700+ pages of the drat thing and didn't see anything remotely outlandish all because people on my FB feed were spouting insane stuff about it.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

This. I spent two hours reading all 700+ pages of the drat thing and didn't see anything remotely outlandish all because people on my FB feed were spouting insane stuff about it.
I will admit I have not read 700 pages of the drat thing

That's what I'm talking about. The Facebook mob is in high gear. They claim police in IL are now almost powerless.

Ex
Police can't physically remove someone from trespassing on my property, only a ticket.

Police can only issue a ticket instead of detaining someone in many instances was the gist of it.

I usually see friends on both sides argue stuff like this but I haven't seen anyone in favor of it.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

The big things I am seeing in the news about it are elimination of cash bail, changes to sentencing, and statewide certification/professionalization of police. There's also some use of force guidelines that I don't fully understand, but I can imagine that's what is twisted into what you're seeing in your fb feed.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Somehow, "police shouldn't be able to murder people without consequences" is a controversial opinion so anything that infringes on that is going to result in keening wails from the GOP.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
A local dude with a blog - he is really passionate about police accountability, prison reform, etc - took some time to break down the idiot meme you've probably seen.

https://strangecornersofthought.com/blog/political-rants/illinois-sheriffs-association-a-measured-response-2/

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yea all the pro cop propaganda about that bill seems to just be people trying to justify the cops not doing their loving jobs at all because a lot of people see the cops jobs as just locking up non whites for any and all reasons.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I didn't read much about the bill beyond the cash bail reforms, but I saw how much cops were melting down over it and assumed it was pretty good

e: that breakdown is good, the website design is straight from 1998 which is excellent.

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 23, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

brugroffil posted:

I didn't read much about the bill beyond the cash bail reforms, but I saw how much cops were melting down over it and assumed it was pretty good

e: that breakdown is good, the website design is straight from 1998 which is excellent.
Oh yeah I have to imagine the strong Geocities energy is intentional

I also appreciate his thorough breakdown of what the bill is and isn't -

https://strangecornersofthought.com/nonfiction/logos-law-at-the-limits-of-justice/illinois-police-reform-next-steps/

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Those drat kids and their video james!!!!
https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/1364210936081510400

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
That's an excellent breakdown/rebuttal - thanks for the link. I plan to keep that close at hand.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Do not post news articles from 20 years ago thanks

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Do not post news articles from 20 years ago thanks

I legit googled to make sure, which is literally hilarious.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Thanks... That write-up is what I needed instead of crazy town facebook crap

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://twitter.com/MarkMaxwellTV/status/1364417182281723911?s=19

Big Mike's replacement is being pushed to resign.
Blackface or sexual assault? I'm betting the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

why not both