Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i have a friend whos working on a doctors degree in literary studies, which is very hard and conuming work.
Ao i told her to play burrito bison to feel some statisfaction. it worked and she liked it a lot, but she's through with it now.

what other phone games make you feel good by growing numbers and showering you with confetti at every turn? there can be gameplay in it but most of all, it should feel rewarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Do they have to be phone games? I used to like the hedgehog launch games a lot but those are flash games so they probably don't work on phones

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
My favorite beginner's game with little challenge and numbers going up is Dark Souls.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress you dude you loving little poo poo op. Burrito Bison takes skill to play Einstein it isnt just some loving numbers game. You can tell her all the apps in the world and she still wont have sex with you. *irish whips across the ring and uppercuts you*

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they're probably all basically exactly the same

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Learn to Fly is a cute penguin one that is in a similar vein.

If you don't value the relationship, then introduce her to the genre of "idle" games like Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes. Although if she sticks with Cookie Clicker all the way through to the Grandmapocalypse when things get weird, then the math wraps back around and you should definitely be friends.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Diablos 2 and 3 are both good for this

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
This ridiculous thing, which is actually a sendup of those sort of games: http://armorgames.com/play/3955/upgrade-complete

I think there are 2 sequels too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tomato Burger posted:

Learn to Fly is a cute penguin one that is in a similar vein.

If you don't value the relationship, then introduce her to the genre of "idle" games like Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes. Although if she sticks with Cookie Clicker all the way through to the Grandmapocalypse when things get weird, then the math wraps back around and you should definitely be friends.

i like the style of idle 'games' they made where you dont even click, they are literally just numbers that tick up when the phones unlocked

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

My favorite beginner's game with little challenge and numbers going up is Dark Souls.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

If shes got access to a 3ds, pocket horse jockey

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

reread the op and she doesnt. gomen nasai

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah! posted:

If shes got access to a 3ds, pocket horse jockey

it actually came out on phones first 😧 but only in Japan

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I say Desert Golfing because sometimes confetti and sfx is annoying when your brain is overheated

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
nuclear throne. play die repeat. there are no permanent upgrades to break the cycle.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my friend (pretty smart, doctorate in critical lit) is looking for some deece gaming recs. she's already exhausted Wreck-it Ralph Storybook and Talking Ben the Dog for iPad.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HolePisser1982 posted:

my friend (pretty smart, doctorate in critical lit) is looking for some deece gaming recs. she's already exhausted Wreck-it Ralph Storybook and Talking Ben the Dog for iPad.

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the best burrito box game is the one where you can win an xbone x

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

https://plaza.dsolver.ca/games

Start picking. :v:

I can personally recommend (from the top games) Crank, A Dark Room, SPACEPLAN, Anti-Idle: The Game, Kittens Game, and Shark Game. And then Cookie Clicker, which is totally a classic. Of these, the only ones with an actual ending are Crank, SPACEPLAN, and A Dark Room. The rest go on (theoretically) forever.

If your friend is looking specifically for games similar to Burrito Bison, just have her pick something from the top of http://www.kongregate.com/launch-games - plenty of other awesome launch games there.

(hopefully actual good advice is allowed in this forum - sorry, I'm new here.)

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

https://plaza.dsolver.ca/games

Start picking. :v:

I can personally recommend (from the top games) Crank, A Dark Room, SPACEPLAN, Anti-Idle: The Game, Kittens Game, and Shark Game. And then Cookie Clicker, which is totally a classic. Of these, the only ones with an actual ending are Crank, SPACEPLAN, and A Dark Room. The rest go on (theoretically) forever.

If your friend is looking specifically for games similar to Burrito Bison, just have her pick something from the top of http://www.kongregate.com/launch-games - plenty of other awesome launch games there.

(hopefully actual good advice is allowed in this forum - sorry, I'm new here.)

woah. have you tried Slurpy Derpy out??

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

White Genocide posted:

woah. have you tried Slurpy Derpy out??

I have, and it's kinda neat with the whole "upgrade through breeding" thing, but overall it's a bit simple for my tastes. On top of that, it feels like they push the "pay $$$ or watch ads to speed things up" a little too much - which is actually what turned me off of playing Burrito Bison.

Swarm Simulator has a similar but way more complex system of breeding things - unfortunately, I think it's a dead game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Speaking of Burrito Bison, after grinding stopwatch mode for roughly 150 hours this is the epic final boss character you can unlock. (His sprite is just a tiny dot and he has 1hp)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Speaking of Burrito Bison, after grinding stopwatch mode for roughly 150 hours this is the epic final boss character you can unlock. (His sprite is just a tiny dot and he has 1hp)

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

SPACEPLAN is cool and it's on phones . I reccomend that to anyone with the idle game brain disease

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

The Putt-Putt games are pretty epic.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I feel like clicker/idler games are bad for taking a break from work. especially if they're the type that are supposed to run in the background, there's no satisfaction or closure

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Spaceplan is cool though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Trimps is the other idling game I like but that's like full on spreadsheet insane territory and is only for the most discerning broke brain gamer

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

HolePisser1982 posted:

I feel like clicker/idler games are bad for taking a break from work. especially if they're the type that are supposed to run in the background, there's no satisfaction or closure

I click 12 hours a day in the cookie mines, then go home and click some more to unwind. Where did my life go so wrong?!

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Clickers and idlers aren't, but some of them include minigames or mechanics that lend themselves well to splitting into parts. Crank, for example, has planets you explore once you hit a certain point, which gives you a mini-goal to shoot for. A:TG (Anti-Idle) has tons of minigames which you could play on a quick break. A Dark Room also has short exploration jaunts on a map once you get the compass in the game.

goferchan posted:

Trimps is the other idling game I like but that's like full on spreadsheet insane territory and is only for the most discerning broke brain gamer

Trimps looks :spergin: as gently caress, but it's actually nowhere near as bad as something like Kittens, since it puts all its info right out there in front. You add your Trimps to jobs, watch numbers get bigger, and occasionally fiddle with your artifacts once you've got them.

Fake edit: That spoiler "black box" is loving hilarious.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A Dark Room is my favorite HTML5 tech demo and unironically a pretty fun uh, rpg? I guess?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
the kairosoft games on iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

the kairosoft games on iPhone.

i loving love every single one of these

• Locked thread