Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

but it doesnt matter vote me

done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I’m out so no fancy voting structure

Glowku(1): Jamuraan
Jamuraan(1): Glowku
Flerp(2): flerp, Hal

Vanilla Town Flerp was lynched d3

Actions pls

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mayor Glowku, Scum Aligned Goon, was killed Night 3
Jamuraan, Self Aligned Serial Killer, was killed Night 3

Hal Incandenza, Vanilla Town, wins the game for town.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Gg town. I'm happy I helped

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
HELL YEAH

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
content really slowed down in this game but that ending was amazing

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I knew he was the sk, and there's no way in hell I would've let him win. What happens when it's 1v1 scum v sk?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
what an incredible game, thanks for modding kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

I knew he was the sk, and there's no way in hell I would've let him win. What happens when it's 1v1 scum v sk?

Draw

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

what an incredible game, thanks for modding kash

:) I am glad to see you in games again bud

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:3:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I did it all for town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Gg town. I'm happy I helped

You did nothing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Wow. Can’t believe that worked out

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

FLERP MVP

awesome game as always Kash, you are moving up my list of best mods all the time.

Thanks Jam and Glowku, you guys are the best

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yup, lynch town and scum kill each other. Solid town win!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Gratz town, thank you for letting me deceive again ;)

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Haha gg, thanks for the game Kash

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the game kash. sorry for being a grump!

Flamander
May 4, 2009
That was a really good game, probably the best I've had in a while. The PM voting was interesting. Usually, I tend to put a bunch of reasoning behind my posts; but there was no need for me to this game! So it was easy to pick who I wanted (within reason) to lynch!

Good job everyone, thanks kash for running this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Mayor Glowku, Scum Aligned Goon, was killed Night 3
Jamuraan, Self Aligned Serial Killer, was killed Night 3

Hal Incandenza, Vanilla Town, wins the game for town.

haha you guys actually pulled it off! Great game, especially flerp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh, also, for the record I wasn't allowed to doc the same person twice in a row so I was slightly annoyed the cop claimed so early! :argh: but it all worked out for the best somehow

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

oh, also, for the record I wasn't allowed to doc the same person twice in a row so I was slightly annoyed the cop claimed so early! :argh: but it all worked out for the best somehow

I copped DB the night I died.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think mechanically the secret votes served very little purpose but to slow down the game day action. It was an interesting experiment, but I'm not sure much is gained? Others can expand on why they thought it was effective, if they'd like, I'd be interested in hearing why people liked it.

That is probably all the feedback anybody really wants to hear from me. Thanks for running the game, Kash.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

I think mechanically the secret votes served very little purpose but to slow down the game day action. It was an interesting experiment, but I'm not sure much is gained? Others can expand on why they thought it was effective, if they'd like, I'd be interested in hearing why people liked it.

That is probably all the feedback anybody really wants to hear from me. Thanks for running the game, Kash.

We won this one for you Quid

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

We won this one for you Quid

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Quidthulhu posted:

I agree, I don't feel the secret votes really accomplish anything except at MYLO. Or if they stay truly hidden, though obviously this is very favourable for scum and needs to be balanced somehow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I'd be interested in hearing why people liked it.

probably cause of the crazy ending imo

I have no idea what to think about the "effectiveness" of end-of-day votes. There's no need to worry about scrambling at the end of day for a lunch... but you do need to worry about people still being around to change their earlier votes if something significant happens, and it's challenging to not know what's going on in the background and if people are acting or not. At least with no day talk the scum get a little bit on equal footing there too, though.

To me it was an interesting change of pace more than anything.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

See I don't mind pluarlity, I thought that was fine. The secret nature of it was just kind "meh" to me and only served to limit discussion. I don't think anyone even looked at EOD votes the entire game, and voting patterns are important afaic to discerning scum a lot of the time.

But yeah pluarlity can stay around forever, I think it makes votes matter a bit more which makes for more discussion and more interesting stuff.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm 100% down for trying out plurality for the next small game or two that I run.

Speaking of which I'll open one up tomorrow or something, now that the ongoing games have narrowed down a bit. :)

P.S. This was a fun game to read, all grouchiness aside. Thanks for the experiment, Kash!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and Tired Moritz (I think it was?) who put in a manual self-vote/unvote to serve as a virtual timestamp for votes on himself after that point? That's some extremely slick stuff, well done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Oh and Tired Moritz (I think it was?) who put in a manual self-vote/unvote to serve as a virtual timestamp for votes on himself after that point? That's some extremely slick stuff, well done.

it was B- after the copclaim fiasco, haha

very clever, I agree

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I had a lot of trouble getting into this game, I lurked way harder than ever, mostly for fear of having no good opinions throughout the game. I had suspicions, and I figured out Bif was the doc early on, but I wanted to find scum after D2 went so south for town. I know it's easier as the days go on, but I feel good about getting DB, especially considering the circumstances.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thanks Jam and Glowku, you guys are the best

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. As long as mafia didn't win, it was a win for me. :toot:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I copped DB the night I died.

I got em, coach!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

it was B- after the copclaim fiasco, haha

very clever, I agree

I tried to win over the town after loving up big time. I don’t know if doing the vote/unvote thing actually helped though.

I only tried the claim to make Glowku post seriously, can’t believe he ended up beIng scum haha. Also I figured I had 48 hours in the day no matter what, so if it backfired I would still have plenty of time to convince everyone that I actually am town. Too bad we couldn’t get Flam or db lynched on d2. Obviously I will never try something like that again.

• Locked thread