Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
its hard to create content when i cant fake claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

derp posted:

its hard to create content when i cant fake claim

You for sure can fake claim, nothing's stopping you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

That was not the reaction I was expecting from Glowku, hurm.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

That was not the reaction I was expecting from Glowku, hurm.

What were you expecting, I'm sorry :ohdear:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Maybe it was, you kinda did the same thing in that game where we were at each others throats and both town.

You're a hard one to read, Glowku.

What was the last game you were scum in?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i guess jokes arent allowed sorry

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

Maybe it was, you kinda did the same thing in that game where we were at each others throats and both town.

OH man I don't remember, it's been a bit. The most memorable one was shine, but in 2/3/4 I was town. There was one much more recently... before I took a break from mafia (for being too angry lol)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

flerp posted:

Maybe next time fren

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp: let me present sincerely who i think is scum while lamenting also that jokephase is apparently over

A CONTRADICTION HAS BEEN SPOTTED

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

OH yeah I'm sorry if I was rude that game! My life has been an emotional roller coaster lately!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

nah you good friend

but maybe still scum

maybe also not

:shrug:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

flerp: let me present sincerely who i think is scum while lamenting also that jokephase is apparently over

Sorry this is a bit confusing, are you addressing flerp or saying flerp is scum... or both?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm saying flerp came in with actual reads, meaning he was fine starting to play actual mafia, but now is upset that there is no jokephase, and that's dumb

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Quid quidding but also super confident so not sure if town quid or sk quid.

You're not sk quid right?

Lol skquid

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

huh where the hell is flerp making genuine scumreads

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm saying flerp came in with actual reads, meaning he was fine starting to play actual mafia, but now is upset that there is no jokephase, and that's dumb

Oh I see, that's kinda what I thought you were saying but wanted to make sure!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I'm thinking Quid might be scum again I'm not gonna fall for the "whoops I just don't get it I'm barely reading!!" act no more!

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
I'm a little soused.

Yeah i forgot about the no day talk. I was asking bif because i wanted to generate content because the game has been dead so far and figured she'd give me the response which would give us the most to go off of. It was not a request for reads. If she's town, she'll give us a list of players she can't read. If she's scum, she'll be weird about it. The derp response is somewhat questionable but it might just be an attempt at humor by a serious person.

I don't love vector's attempt to accuse me of doing something i very clearly did not.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I'm thinking Quid might be scum again I'm not gonna fall for the "whoops I just don't get it I'm barely reading!!" act no more!

I never said this! I am confident in my reading ability, but Glowku is hard to read. There's a difference there!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I never said this! I am confident in my reading ability, but Glowku is hard to read. There's a difference there!

we're not talking about Glowku we're talking about flerp! Who you said was making solid reads!!

Quidthulhu posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

if everyone can just hit the question mark on flerp for me so I don't have to quote the entirety of his posts, you will easily see why I will totally ##vote Quid when the time comes

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

LOL, I was referring to this:

derp posted:

i will vote this mayor guy, or flerp

which is not flerp

flerp posted:

This is gonna be a great game :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

how could you actually get them mixed up they have such wildly different avatars

and posting styles

this is why I said I wasn't gonna buy your "oh gee I'm not paying attention why should I even use my jail power??" act, Quid :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Because they posted in rapid fire pretty close to each other, I got their names confused, and I didn't check back before posting?

This is a dumb argument, bif, because you know that if I was actually trying to fake this I would have owned up to the mistake immediately rather than continuing to push a narrative of "no but actually I AM confused" to avoid having you on my back. Your pushing this actually strikes me as incredibly insincere.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also they don't have different posting styles at all, they both post lowercase oneliners? Sometimes they are funny and sometimes they are not? What even is that argument.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Because they posted in rapid fire pretty close to each other, I got their names confused, and I didn't check back before posting?

This is a dumb argument, bif, because you know that if I was actually trying to fake this I would have owned up to the mistake immediately rather than continuing to push a narrative of "no but actually I AM confused" to avoid having you on my back. Your pushing this actually strikes me as incredibly insincere.

oh no you didn't

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

isn't that what you just did, though? Correcting it now? This sounds defensive and disingenuous especially with how you're trying to frame up my catching it, and hell I don't even care if it was actually a mistake or not, if it was a mistake it's cause you're not paying close enough attention cause you're scum just trying to fling shade wherever

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

anyway, I don't wanna get all caught up in a tunnel slapfight here so everyone please continue looking for more scum and just remember to vote Quid if we don't find a better one, kthx

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

wait i had actual reads when did this happen?????

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh ok nvm i read ahead maybe i shouldnt :justpost:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

See but that's the thing Bif, you've put me in this "damned if I do / damned if I don't" situation on what was actually a genuine mistake, and should be read as one - you didn't bother to say "wait quid, what do you mean," you jumped to an incredibly easy conclusion about what I was doing first, wherein no matter what I did following your statement, I would be guilty. And this was all before I saw what you were even talking about.

The way you've presented this is hella susp, is what I am saying.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like normal town mafia play is to go "hey, you seem to have made a contradiction here: [quote x] + [quote y], can you explain this?"

Not "there goes quid bein' all fake-y as scum again by doing [vague poo poo with nothing to attach it to]." That's an incredibly easy position to shoehorn in to any narrative you want moving forward.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
seems like bif being bif :shrug:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

LOL, I was referring to this:

which is not flerp

This is gonna be a great game :v:

Cocky sloppy quid is def scum quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like nowhere in here is there a case or an argument as to what I am doing, just a vague handwave of how I am being bad:

Bifauxnen posted:

huh where the hell is flerp making genuine scumreads

Bifauxnen posted:

She can take that second statement any direction she wants. Yes, sure, it does connect to what she said above, but I would think as town she'd want to very clearly show that to avoid this exact argument against her?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

A. My being sloppy is not a scumtell, please. You've played with me enough to know this.

B. Where am I being cocky in this statement?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

yep I think so too, if we're wrong just keep on with your scumhunting and prove it Quid!

flerp posted:

seems like bif being bif :shrug:

oh don't you even start

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok Quid here is my new case to try and convince people to vote you:

Hello everyone, I am trying to actively restrain myself from posting too much but Quid is actively prodding me to try and keep slapfighting, I'm sure the prospect of this does not please you all

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That's also a major copout. Doesn't engage and answer my questions, just says "you're scum until you prove your innocence." That's an impossible standard to meet in this game, breh, and a lazy rear end opinion to sit on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

ok Quid here is my new case to try and convince people to vote you:

Hello everyone, I am trying to actively restrain myself from posting too much but Quid is actively prodding me to try and keep slapfighting, I'm sure the prospect of this does not please you all

And this is also a false narrative. I'm not prodding you to continue a slapfight (what would that even gain me, as scum? why would that be the choice I made?). I am asking you to explain your choices in posting in this fashion, because the way you approached your suspicion on me seems more manufactured than organic. This is not an unreasonable thing to ask in this, the game of mafia?

• Locked thread