Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Mayor Glowku posted:

##vote kashuno

"Votefinder will not be used to track votes for this game; all votes will be submitted via PM and revealed at the deadline. Votefinder will keep track of deadlines and live players. Once again, votes in thread will not count."

I'm probably late to this but I just wanted to let you know.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Also you're voting for the Mod, not sure if you realize that.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm sorry I was completely absent from D1. I misjudged the deadline and came back too late. I had a lot of trouble reading most of the bif/quid but I got through it. I'm not sure if Bif is town or scum, but I'm almost positive Quid is town.

b-minus1 posted:

Glowku scum confirmed

This is consistent with my thoughts.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Holy poo poo this game is absurd.

Quid, stop while you're behind dude. Let's try to start fresh with D3.

I was going to believe bminus at first because I always think Glowku is scum. But now it's pretty obvious that bminus is lying.

Putting myself in bminus' hypothetical shoes for one minute, completely ignoring everything else from D1, I have two huge problems with his claim.

If you are truly the cop, and Todd is scum fakeclaiming, I understand wanting to be cagey and try to fly under the radar, not falling for a direct CC and out yourself early, and I can understand why you wouldn't throw too much direct shade.

But it makes absolutely no sense to open D2 with a CC, and then proceed to try to defend yourself instead of staying on the offensive and railing hard on Todd. Bminus immediately shrank away from discussion, only jumping in to explain a typo over and over, instead of trying to sell the lie.

For all of these reasons, I'll be voting bminus today.

On a side note, can we talk about only 1 kill?

Since it's open setup, we know we have an SK. I'm not sure how strong the doc protect is in this game, but I think it's safe to assume the doc stopped one of the kills, or the mafia and SK targeted the same person.

I don't find it likely that both factions targeted Vector, and I don't even understand why either one would.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Mafia edit: Tobbs*

Please don't lose y'alls poo poo cause my phone auto corrected to Todd.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow it really was terrible scum gambit!

I know Quid can be difficult but he was pretty clearly spot on catching binus and it's weird how many people had a hard time grasping that

I don't think anyone believe b minus for any amount of time except me and you.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's a very odd move, what is so special about glowku that he's worth fakeclaiming over?

Maybe he was hoping to capitalize on the suspicion of others. I was willing to believe him if his case made any loving sense at all.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Dick Bastardly posted:

If bmin flips town, big if, but if bmin flips town what do we do then?

He can't be town.
Nothing about his play, his claim, his words, his reasoning.... none of it makes sense.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

But yeah, if Bminus flips cop, we obviously lynch Tobbs.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

On a side note, can we talk about only 1 kill?

Since it's open setup, we know we have an SK. I'm not sure how strong the doc protect is in this game, but I think it's safe to assume the doc stopped one of the kills, or the mafia and SK targeted the same person.

I don't find it likely that both factions targeted Vector, and I don't even understand why either one would.

Bumping this incase it wasn't seen. I'd like to talk about this instead of more "Cop Talk."

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Keep in mind, I'm not fishing for roles here.

If you are doc, please don't claim.

I just want to spitball ideas and get some quality discussion going.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kasumeat posted:

Now that you mention it, what is worth talking about is how inane this content is and how you felt the need to draw attention to it to make it look like you're contributing.

It's fair if you think it's not worth talking about. That's part of why I posed the question. But personally, to me, it's worth having a discussion about.

I am not going to get stuck in the quagmire that is this D2 discussion revolving around Quid having a mental breakdown and an obvious fake claim from bminus.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Your last two responses indicate that you cannot separate the difference between the game and reality.

You need to understand that some players may be intentionally trying to rattle your cage. It's obviously been successful because you're completely diving off the deep end.

Maybe instead of committing suicide by modkill, or threatening to leave forever, you could just take a step back and try to take a little emotion or ego out of the game.

You can't control what other people post about you, that's the point of the game and opinions in general. You can only control how you react to those opinions.

In your effort to defend yourself, (even if you have completely valid opinions), you are doing nothing but reacting to other people and digging a deeper hole.

You even said you believe you've been talking to scum all night. Why would they stop needling you when it's obviously so effective?

That's the whole reason I'm trying to kill the Quid vs Bif beef, because if Bif is scum, it's wholly worthless to keep perpetuating this frankly nonsensical debate.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Lynch all liars.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

dont good job me town fake claiming cop in an open setup

So many bad plays happening this game, and people wanna act like it's not their own drat fault.

Like we are somehow the crazy ones for NOT believing bminus.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Bminus, there's nothing you can say or do to get out of this. Stop flailing and just accept your fate.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Dick Bastardly posted:

Now that bminus fessed up, is it "unethical" to assume he's now telling the truth and we shouldn't dunk?

Lynch all liars.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Flamander posted:

I got it.

I agree on the hal vote. I can't see much content in his posts.

Also, Jamuraan hasn't posted for large amounts of D1 and D2, so he might be worth looking at?
Pot, meet Kettle.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not the scum, you and flam probably are lurky magoo.

This is a scum post.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Dunk me and end the game. Vanilla townie is boring and everyone has been straight awful this whole time.

Scum team obv Flam, Hal, and probably DB but I'm not sold. Pretty sure on Flam and Hal though.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If you're scum, please quote this post.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Don't vote me Glowku or I'll have to vote you.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

if we all vote for ourselves in a tie we all die

I'm totally willing to do this, no bamboozles

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

we vote out a townie and then sk and scum target each other lol

This is just crazy enough to work.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I don't know how I feel about Hal self quoting like a smug bastard, especially since he's been awful at actually finding scum.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I did it all for town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Mayor Glowku posted:

Gg town. I'm happy I helped

You did nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I had a lot of trouble getting into this game, I lurked way harder than ever, mostly for fear of having no good opinions throughout the game. I had suspicions, and I figured out Bif was the doc early on, but I wanted to find scum after D2 went so south for town. I know it's easier as the days go on, but I feel good about getting DB, especially considering the circumstances.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thanks Jam and Glowku, you guys are the best

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. As long as mafia didn't win, it was a win for me. :toot:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I copped DB the night I died.

I got em, coach!

• Locked thread