Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joined a sort of a post punk band here in nyc and we're waiting for our poo poo to post on various social media stuff soon (they won't exactly tell us if it'll happen by our deadline of Oct 7th). Two singles, one of which I really like.

Been part of a few different albums recorded by professionals and stuff. Usually sinks like a stone
Hope this is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ProperCoochie posted:

Cool cool keep us updated! I was browsing nyc musicians craigslist last week and felt like I saw a good amount of post punk posts

It's been 20 yrs since the last post punk era so you got kids in their 20s really into it (like the rest of my band) and people like me edging close to 40 who loved it the last time

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

OutOfPrint posted:

Nice! What kind of post punk, 2000's pop rock, proto-goth like Echo or Souxie Soux, or disco on the bottom and anything but on top like Gang of Four and Au Pairs?

I was in a funk band before this and a friend of mine called it minimalist funk lol. We'll see. The singer is now in a country/blues phase goddamit

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So they posted the single on Spotify. Some growing pains, we needed to do a better job of adapting the production to Spotify's compression so it doesn't pop as much as it does in other places and and even woth other bands on there, but you know its a first effort for the band

https://open.spotify.com/track/2m0Q87ojs5feWVz7p1pxfT?si=h39Zw_mUT5mXLMTMVcxACQ&utm_source=copy-link

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HelpingFriendlyBook posted:

finished up an album and woke up to the news that one of the WFMU DJs found it randomly and played a track! It’s a pretty legendary NJ/NYC indie station. I hope you like it, it’s kind of reverby summery downtempo rock

https://blackhorsepike.bandcamp.com/album/sun-rise-over-stone

It's pretty cool and laid back melodic rock, with some drumming that reminds me of primal scream. Nicely done.