Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm still reeling from this

the rando 90 year old eunuch who has been marshal for the Papacy for most of his life was the secret Baba Sheikh and turned our nepotism pope child into a secret Yazidi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
It's so good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And he's still kicking when we aged up, he's NINETY SEVEN

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, that escalated quickly.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the only way this could be better is if this were also running CK2+ or something so Yazidi would have actual mechanics

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Rodyle posted:

And he's still kicking when we aged up, he's NINETY SEVEN

Clearly he's doing something right, so out pope should follow his example.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
"the formerly muslim marshal of the papacy was a secret worshipper of satan all along" is a pretty good explanation for every aspect of his biography, including the fact that he's 95 years old and still kicking

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Won't the Cardinals be kicking themselves when the Child Pope is still in charge of the religion at 240?

No, they won't. Because they'll be dead.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Rodyle posted:

I'm still reeling from this

the rando 90 year old eunuch who has been marshal for the Papacy for most of his life was the secret Baba Sheikh and turned our nepotism pope child into a secret Yazidi

I'm unfamiliar with the DLC, is longevity a possible benefit for being part of a mystic society or is he just freakishly long lived in addition to being the eunc-papal-warmaster-secret-prophet of not Satan?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Conskill posted:

I'm unfamiliar with the DLC, is longevity a possible benefit for being part of a mystic society or is he just freakishly long lived in addition to being the eunc-papal-warmaster-secret-prophet of not Satan?

You can become immortal (I did it once and then ruled india as its unifier for an entire mega-campaign :v:) though I forget if it was M&M that added that.

e: it was Reaper's Due. And NPCs CAN become immortal, but you have to enable supernatural stuff for everyone and I don't think immortality is a hidden trait?

e2: of course if Crisis wished to the console could always just make Fadazu so. He's a war leader so he could still die on campaign :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 29, 2017

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I that went about as well as anyone could have hoped for

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Crisis Now posted:

When I clicked on the Children of Angels screen after joining and seeing his face as the leader - it's probably one of the best things I've seen playing CK2.
Oh wow, you didn't even know or suspect it? That's amazing. I mean even more amazing.

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord
So I've been reading up on the Yazidi faith as this is really the first I've ever seen it do anything in CK2 beyond be one or two provinces then disappear.

They aren't satanists, but I think in this game it's safe to say they're pretty illuminati-esque.

frankenfreak posted:

Oh wow, you didn't even know or suspect it? That's amazing. I mean even more amazing.

I was beginning to suspect something might be up when he was getting 70+ and still kicking, and he had "highly suspicious" meaning he was in some secret society.
I wasn't expecting him to be the leader of it however!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Can we get a bit of info on some of the more notable members?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Secret Yazidi Eunuch Regent of the Papal States to a 9 Year Old Child of the Battle Pope is basically peak CK2.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Crisis immortalize the Eunuch or eat the Onion

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Yeah, that's amazing.

Try to convert the cardinals too

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord

Rodyle posted:

Can we get a bit of info on some of the more notable members?

Fadazu "Sword of the Light"
Herald of the Yazidi faith. Most loyal servant of the Peacock Angel.
Lord-Commander of the Papal Guard. Once marshal of the Papacy, commander of two crusades.
Greatest soldier the Christian world has ever known.

Taklit His second in-command. Former wife of the Emir of Kabylia. Mother of the Emir of Tangier. Both of whom were also Yazidi. An entirely unsuspecting aging widow.

Count Spinetto of Arborea. Spymaster of the Papacy. Likely converted early on by Fadazu to watch over the child Pope.

Sultan Capussa 'the Just' of Mauretania. And all his children - and all their children.

Shaiban ibn Hussayn. Christian crusader. the next leader of the Knights Hospitalier. Half of the Templar and Hospitallier are members.

Pope Alexander III. As well as three mayors, two barons, the court physician of the Papacy and two army commanders.

King Bjorn of Denmark and the entire Danish royal family.

Duke Amr of Galilee, husband to one of the most powerful lords in the Holy Land, and likely any children they have.

The rest are all unlanded though most are related in some way to one of the previously mentioned.

It's a little terrifying really, the veil has been drawn back and there's been this whole other layer of secrecy going on this whole time.

Crisis Now fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 30, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
One thing that's weird though is that the Yazidi don't accept converts I'm pretty sure? I guess that's not something that can be modeled in CK2.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

One thing that's weird though is that the Yazidi don't accept converts I'm pretty sure? I guess that's not something that can be modeled in CK2.

Properly they don't, but in fairness, we have some pretty clear timeline divergences going on here

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

This is amazing. The freakin' Pope, who was a bastard son of Battle Pope, is now a member of a secret society that crosses nations and religions, and has kings and crusaders in its ranks. This is like Deus Ex levels of conspiracy going on right here.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Rodyle posted:

Properly they don't, but in fairness, we have some pretty clear timeline divergences going on here

A Yazidi pope though. :psyduck:

Where are their holy locations?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

I bet that sponsoring a secret society of Islamic satan-worshippers wasn't quite what you had in mind with a Papal Megacampaign :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Historically speaking, large convert populations have naturally caused divergence from pre-existing religious rules (even when converts outside the ethnic group weren't supposed to be a thing). Depending on the success of... whatever this is, the actual Kurdish followers would probably become simply a smaller branch of the larger religious group (or the rule would simply fade away). Sort a Karaite situation I guess?

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Nishapur, Fars, Mosul, Mecca, and Jerusalem.

Interestingly, Yazidi is the only Muslim (it's not really, but in the game it is) faith that allows it's religious leader to excommunicate. I could still Pope it up.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Am I the only one who is hoping something bad happens with the Yazidi to trigger a pseudo-Reformation and possible Inquisition?

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord

CirclMastr posted:

Am I the only one who is hoping something bad happens with the Yazidi to trigger a pseudo-Reformation and possible Inquisition?

Never trust a Templar.

Almanac
Mar 16, 2008

OLD SCHOOL
This is the best chain of events I've ever seen in a Paradox LP. I have to wonder what happens if the Pope is exposed? Moral authority hit? Was the possibility of a Pope joining a society even coded in?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Crisis Now posted:

Half of the Templar and Hospitallier are members.
That's wonderful. :allears:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
How did so many members of the martial orders wind up converted? This is some AssCreed poo poo.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

How did so many members of the martial orders wind up converted? This is some AssCreed poo poo.

When the guy who works for the Pope tells you "oh by the way God is actually a Peacock, let me lay the Secret Truth on you" you listen.

Because it's not like he can be wrong. He works for the Pope.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

When the guy who works for the Pope tells you "oh by the way God is actually a Peacock, let me lay the Secret Truth on you" you listen.

Because it's not like he can be wrong. He works for the Pope.

Like basically all the popes. St. Peter even. And Pope Dad, our father, full of killin.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Like basically all the popes. St. Peter even. And Pope Dad, our father, full of killin.

Exactly. Just figure that people are saying "well, he must be truly conveying the will of God, because if he wasn't, surely one of the last six Popes would have noticed. They're infallible, right?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I imagine it's pretty awkward when the Pope has a meeting with other high-ranking church officials about how to deal with heretics and infidels, and everyone's trying to keep up appearances despite the fact that like 80% of the people in the room came here from the secret Yazidi prayer session that just ended.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

This LP went from good to absolutely insane holy poo poo this owns :five:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

megane posted:

I imagine it's pretty awkward when the Pope has a meeting with other high-ranking church officials about how to deal with heretics and infidels, and everyone's trying to keep up appearances despite the fact that like 80% of the people in the room came here from the secret Yazidi prayer session that just ended.

"We must deal with the heretics because they are bad and stuff. Right Brother John, who is a loyal servant of Christ like I am?"
"Of course, equally loyal Brother Mark. We must remain vigilant lest these heretics make it into the halls of Rome itself!"
"Indeed, Brother Maxwell. But we should not worry, because there is absolutely no way that could happen."
"What is with you people?"

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
So clearly there's gonna be some weird Yazidi-Christian syncreticism that's gonna take over the middle east.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

megane posted:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
You know an update is explosive when Genghis Khan himself invading the Polish Catholic Byzantine Empire for control of Greece isn't something anyone is discussing.

• Locked thread