Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Skills: Siege Weapons +20, Butterfly Beastmaster +15, Timing +25
HP: 3/3
Glory: 28->29

"At this point", Stårn addressed the Warlord and his fellow Captains sharply, "You probably know me well enough. I do not care about the political implications of this war, or waht caused it. I care not for forgotten lore of little use. All I care about is Sieging", his trademark manic grin spread on his face, "All that interests me thus is Sieging related knowledge. Information pertaining to our route from here to the Gateway. Is there anything in the way we can loot or reappropriate? Likely enemy movements? The exact structure of the Gateway fortress itself?"

~~Later~~

After Stårn had relayed the Warlord's message to the Siege Team, sharply notified Sucy to not spread unfounded rumors, and talked about his new Breaker ability, he spoke of plans.

"Right. The first and foremost objective on our list ought to be the advancement of our Sieging capability, as always. I have given this subject thought, and come to the conclusion that we would be best served by focusing on what we already know, that is to say, the Önäger. It is battle tested and proven worthy, and against a heavily fortified position like the Gateway it is ideal. Thus we will put our efforts into improving it rather than constructing another prototype."

"As per loot", Stårn stated, "I say we focus our effots on alchemy labs and military warehouses. We desperately need proper specialty ammunition for our war machine as well."

"You have your orders, Siege Team Six. Move out!"

Siege Team Six is ordered to use their Loot roll for munitions or things we can make for munitions, and their Action to help upgrade the Önäger Prototype into the MIGHTY TÖBUCHET! Other hordelings are free to help out too :v:

Siege Weapons to Upgrade Önäger Prototype into Töbuchet: 1d100+48=77
Looting alchemy labs for consumable ammunition or siege ammunition bitz: 1d100=77

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 3/4
Glory: 34>35
Skill: Firestarting, Whistling+30, Surgery (using)
Hotswap Skillcores: Accuracy, Pigilante Justice, Cross Stitching, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Lockpicking, Kissing, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100, may optionally reroll lowest

Ringo wiped the sweat from his brow. How much time had passed? He'd lost himself in his work, moving from patient to patient without a word. Before, he'd only mimicked what Gryph and the others had done, but now he could feel the Surgery core humming away inside him. It was warm, and comforting. Glory in battle was one thing, but he knew now that his true purpose was to keep the Unexpectables alive, until this whole war was finished. So many of them had shown him charity before he was uplifted by the OGs. Shiny, Hat. Even Humbug, that copper. It was time to dedicate himself to returning the favor.

Hob walked up, and delivered Snodis' message. Ringo wiped his hands off, and rose to his full height. "I'll be there soon. If Snodis wants to keep herself from going rampant, who am I to argue?" He looked back towards his captain. "Gryph, I'll be back soon. Special Patient."

~~~

On his way to Snodis' branding site, Ringo passed by the loot pile. He couldn't help but think that if he'd had a bow, that Froman Lieutenant would have been solved far earlier. Well, that won't happen again. (Loot a Bowharp: 1d100 89)

~~~

When Ringo returned to the field hospital, he spared a moment to check himself over. A little light-headed, but that was too be expected from a blood donor. Snodis's new power to off-brand - and the Unexpectable's blood supply - wouldn't be able to keep up if Madmist were deployed again by the enemy...or by Toans. He closed his eyes, willing his cores to shift. Firestarting slid into place. It felt warm and comforting. Better to burn the infection out before it could take hold. Ringo returned to his patients.

Keep on Healing! (surgery): 10d100+34+10+10 408 [10d100=11, 63, 30, 6, 23, 33, 77, 3, 70, 38]
Reroll 3: 1d100 55
Total: 460

Swapping Kissing for Firestarting.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 13, 2018

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Pythag
HP: (2) of (2)
Skills:
* +10 Honor (available)
* +20 Fearlessness (available)
* +10 Headshotting (available)
Equipment:
* +3 Knightly Spear
* Iron Shield
* +10 Saddle
* +10 Feral Warboar
Cosmetics
* Nail and Fist Token
Glory: 25>26
Ritual Glory: 1

Pythag came to in one of the hospital beds, the new medic squad already working wonders on even his (self-inflicted) wounds. He looked down, running his fingers across the new scar tissue running the length of his chest.

Captain Noggins' words came back to him in pieces. Of course she had come to his aid. She was a good Captain. She was a good patriot.

Moving was still a chore. It was clear he wouldn't be as physically capable as he once had been. Somehow he'd managed to avoid ever taking any damage during the campaign so far, so this was a new experience.

A thought came to him. It reminded him of when Sucy was broadcasting Grimper's communications at the 'Screw. Thus, he wasn't too surprised when Sucy later tracked him down, quickly orchestrating a trade.

Give Sucy the (slightly used) Math Core.
Give Sucy the Computation core (from Verika).
Give Sucy the Flatpack.
Receive from Sucy the Strange Saddle.

Walking away, Pythag couldn't remember if he or she made the 'back in the saddle' joke. He hoped the cores served her well. His warning not to calculate the odds - of dying at any action, of Grimper's true motives, of even winning this war - never got past his lips. Being asked to not think of an elephönt - it always made you think of one.

Freed of those realities, Pythag faced the future with a new repertoire. With honor, with fearlessness, and with the means to give just about anything a good smack to the head.

He started with Ery, his boar mount. Wrangling the new saddle on the volatile beast was almost it's own knightly challenge. When the last strap was finally buckled, Pythag climbed atop and set about a quick jaunt. This was good. It wouldn't help whether or not Ery decided he should be making the decisions, but when Pythag was in control, they'd coordinate even better as a team.

Over the downtime, Pythag met back up with his fellows, checked in with his Captain (kneeling and apologizing for taking up so much of her time), then put his thoughts to how he could be an even better knight for the army. The infiltrators might decry honor as just an exploit usable by the enemy, but it wasn't Pythag's place to judge such. They had their own place, Captain Noggins and her knights had theirs. Finding a way of working together would just increase the unexpectability of the horde.

But! He did have a thought. Every good knight benefited from a good squire. He set about to look for a mook that might fit the bill.

Pythag settled on a good Plodder rider that was still laid up in the hospital. He kept the mook company while Ringo and the others stopped in here and there to redress wounds. He explained the notions of honor, shared his journey from cowardliness to bravery. Explained the basics of fighting. Then heaped a wealth of additional goodies on the young Tö.

Pythag's Reinforced Cuirass and Bow were gifted straight out. He also took the opportunity to make a few passes at the remaining loot in hopes to further load down the squire.

Loot Roll: Extra Long Spear - 1d100 = 72
Core Roll: Töan Culture - 1d100 = 73

Action: Squire Training and Bonding: 1d100 + 35 = 97

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 13, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 0 - > 1
Skills: Mushrooms +25
Kicking +45

Actions list:
Ring Action: Run diagnostics on the saddle
Trade Saddle to Pythag in return for his flatpack, Math, and Computation skill core, eat those
Give Brüm to Neebs
Loot Sitting Still skill core: 1d100 8
Loot a Frölkyrie Battle Dress: 1d100 3
Main action: Calculate how to make changes to a temporary Inhabited personality then change it and remove it (the personality): 2d100+15 136

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 15, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Name: Trinh
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, cooldown), Jumping(+40, using)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 26 -> 27
Ritual Glory: 1

quote:

"Nietzschtö here is a crimsoning darter. A Butterfly like any other. But he could be so much more. With my transcendency looming, and his feed-sack filled with glory...
I want you to merge us, Trinh. I want you to sew the cocoon right into my body as we work and connect it to my nervous system. Leaving channels for his wings. I know, I know, it sounds gruesome. But this is War, and this is Survival. This is nothing short of Revölutión, comrädes. Can you do this, for me?"

"That is... intriguing." More than intriguing. Yet... "P-pardon me for a moment, captain."

---

Trinh had worked with butterfly bits in the past, attaching their wings to lifeless gerbils to make pixie dioramas. What exactly was inside of the butterfly was however a mystery to her. And, uh, that might be kind of important information in this case. She sat in an abandoned house, leafing through a lepidopterology book nervously. It didn't even have a chapter on crimsonwings but a butterfly's a butterfly, right? She sighed. Even she had to admit that the captain's idea was kind of insane but that was what made it so exciting. She really wanted to make this work but no matter how hard she tried to imagine the operation she couldn't find her i̗̟̠ns̠̹̺͚̰̺p͎͔̳͕ͅi̢̫͎̗͎̫̤͇ŕ̫̼̼̻̙̪̺a͙͔̥̮̘͈ͅt͕̤̫̝i͕͎̘͔o̱̘̫͠n̝̤̳͖. Was she qualified to try this? Was something like this even possible? She closed the book, threw back her head and spent a while staring at the ceiling. Eventually something caught her attention. The Thing. The stuffed creature she had just finished a while ago. It sat in the corner staring at her with it's glossy eyes. "What do you think?"

---

"Sorry for the delay." Trinh joined up with Snödis at the operation site. "I'm good to go now. Just needed to pick up some stuff."

She'd spent time agonizing over the medical definitions of things.

But you know what? Let the medics do the worrying. Monsterism made things work. It was like a miracle glue that fused everything together.

That's what felt true to her anyway.

Flesh is flesh.

A block of marble to be carved into something beautiful.

Jumping to conclusions in surgery: 1d500+26+40 221

Jvie fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 13, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cosmetic:

Name: Hob

HP 2≥1/2

Glory: 20≥19≥20 (Snodis ascension glory from last round)

Ritual Glory : 1

Skill: Singing+15 (using), Contortion+15, Butterfly Riding+20(cooling)

Hob left the generic climbing mook friendly hordemate for a moment and approached Magda at her stall. He looked at the goo. "I'd like to purchase some goo innoc... Actually never mind, next time. No time to sit down and apply it. Sorry Magda. Thanks!" He turned to leave but- "Did you hear about Grimper and the captains? Snodis is able to brand now! Cool right!"

He had one final stop before heading back to the hospital. Gado(!)

"Hey again! Great idea with the climbing core, traded it for some help with branding. Grimper gave Snodis the power to apply brands and she needs one! We're over at the hospital, she's going to do it once we're all there. You to, if it's something you want.

I know you've got anti-mon now, and branding isn't a perfect solution by any means, but the hospital will be all set up now. I mean anti-mon is keeping you alive, and even with a brand we lost Gawp. But you went in for the surgery originally so maybe you're ok with that risk? Although I ate a core thinking I was ok with bad things and it was different after so... Dunno.

If it's something you want to go ahead with, we could find two more volunteers to donate blood and stuff- yeah it needs some sacrifice to work unfortunately. We've got... Umm... I'm gonna say climb-o since I forgot their name- me, and Ringo all donating. If you want to brand now, you could donate some blood to Snodis's brand, them we could brand you immediately after, minimising the number of people we need involved. That's only if you want to brand now though, Snodis is all covered with us three there.

Or later is good too. Just later we'll need more people; there's a good setup here with the equipment and everything, plus multiple people needing the brands, in future we would need three to four people. I'll be one, so you would just need another two or three to-

Sorry, it's a lot to think about. A lot to spring on you. I don't want to rush a decision right away, if it's not for you. Maybe talk to Zapanda for some advice? But if it's something you want like now I'll help you look for volunteers before I head over to the hospital. If she thinks the cure is progressing, well, branding is permanent, and it messes you up. But if... Ah you know all this. You've had time to think on it, you know your own mind."
If Gado is up for branding now, Hob will first look for two more volunteers. Then head to the hospital.

While Trinh was flicking through a book of some kind too research, Hob went through to the operating theatre Snodis was going to use. He sighed. Oh-Trinh could do it, no question, just look at Gado. And Snodis wanted this- although so soon after the Wendigo attack... Was she hiding from her feelings about the scars? Trying to draw attention away by going full on- no, Snodis had rampant monsterism so it's not like a change was a choice. Maybe this was just her way of staying in control of at least some of it?

No, he was feeling sad about his old grub. Nice-Töan she had named it? A pretty name. And it was going to die.

He had only had it a short while. Only been a butterfly rider a short while. But he had hatched that grub. Fed it. Carried it and kept it safe. And now it was going to die. Just like the others. And Hob would keep on surviving.

He twisted the sponge in the bucket he had set out, wringing it out, and got to cleaning. Make sure it was spick and span. He sang a little working song to keep him going at a good pace. Once that was done the others were arriving, almost time. He put on a convincing smile and went out to greet them, welcome them to a historic event. A non-Warlord branding! Exciting! Hopefully Snodis would be ok. He really hoped it would all go well.

As "climb-o" turned up to help, Hob turned them away. "Hey, we got another volunteer so no worries. You can stay and see, maybe help out next time? I mean, hopefully there won't be one, but if so that's be really helpful. Be on hand in case Gado is caught out in the field without anti- mon, kinda thing? Or you could chuck some glory my way, call it even and I'll look for other donors? Up to you, I'm happy either way."

It was nice that Verika was helping. He would need to thank them later.

sing a working song while cleaning the surgery theatre, preparing the tools, all that: 1d100+34 49

Hob left those performing the surgery alone, he didn't want to get blood all over himself. Standing outside, he guarded the door, making sure they weren't disturbed.

loot-nick supplies for medic squad from the hospital: 1d100 32

skillcore- performing core 3: 1d100 65 eat it to merge with singing.

After the branding, he staggered over to the field hospital to get patched up. Ouch! On the way past, he tried to snag a skillcore that would merge with singing. He waited until leaving the field hospital before trying to eat it.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 15, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

WereGoat posted:

He had one final stop before heading back to the hospital. Gado(!)

Gado!!!

Gado gives another friendly wave as Hob comes marching up again. For the most part he sits quietly as Hob unleashes a torrent of information on him, interjecting only when Hob mentions having unloaded the useless core "Good to know that the trade worked out. Really didn't want to leave you in the lurch with a core you had no use for."

Gado remains silent as Hob continues on, his lips pursed behind his mask as he tries to sort out his thoughts on the matter. He'd be lying if he said that the revelation of branding being around again wasn't a massive weight off his shoulders, but it's become much harder to casually justify.

"I'm happy to hear that folks aren't doomed to the AntiMon anymore, but I don't see myself going for the brand any time soon. I trust Zapanda as a person about as far as I could throw her, but she's pretty zealously into making the cure. I'll trust her drive to keep me going for now."

The brand was a potential variable they might slip into the tests later, but for now Gado couldn't risk being made brittle by the brand's powers. "If things get dire and I end up too far out of pocket to keep myself going then I'll come calling, but I don't think I can just toss myself into being branded wholeheartedly anymore. Thanks though."

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Sleuth-Off-Hand:

Squad: Infiltration? (it's complicated)
Skill: Sleuthing +40 (using), Submission Holds ().
Clues: 6 ----> 7

Humbug threw himself down the half-empty streets, pounding the pavement with his feet. He'd figured it out! He'd figured it out at last! The truth! He needed only to tell someone! Anyone! They'd have to listen, they'd have to see reason, they'd have to - the detective's train of thought derailed violently as Warlord Grimper suddenly tepped out in front of him. The Warlord's blazing eyes were darkly lit and hateful - furious at Humbug's denounciation of the Horde.

The Sleuth skidded to a halt and gulped as he felt his forehead itch at seeing Grimper's remaining hand gripping a Nail - all that a coward deserved in Tö. But how? How had he been found?! He'd torn out every drat Nail, there should have been no way to track him! Gritting his teeth in fear and frustration, he sprung towards a side street - but something tugged at his right ankle, held him back, making him stumble forward - no wait, argh - something had SAWED into his ankle! As he leapt - as he gasped in pain - Grimper simultaneously spat at him and a sizzling charge of liquid Esprit smacked into his other leg, crackling and burning a hole through his knee. In mere moments his legs had been cut out from under him, and he was down and crawling on crippled hands and knees, crying in agony. Although, the Warlord seemed for a moment confused before his expression grew doubly furious.

From his supine position Humbug finally managed to spot the tiny shimmering blue thread woven around his leg, tearing into the sinew and crippling his movement. The familiar thread lead back to the person who'd had him on a leash this whole time - who'd used him to draw out her old enemy. Sikatris! With a sad smile she raised in her own hand a white wooden mask - all that a prisoner deserved - then turned her eyes to Grimper and winked. The two lined up for their final confrontation, Humbug lying broken and forgotten in the street, unable to do anything but await his fate and agonize over the truth of things.

The truth... the truth was that Tö and Frö cared not a whit for their citizens. They were fodder for the mill and grist of glorious war or the cold march of progress. Some day they would all wear Nails or Masks. Humbug curled up unable to fight, unable to help - there was a struggle. Someone won. It didn't matter who, in the end, for all he knew was that a great hand reached for him and a coldness pressed up against face and he screa-

----------

"OUCH!"

A hand roughly pinched him on the cheek and smacked him across his face - and Humbug felt his pain and despair slough off like some bad nightmare. A nightmare..

Humbug blinked blearily at the blank-faced orderly that had roused him from what he supposed must have been an embarassingly ungracious post-punishment collapse. Vague recollections had his last memories being facing Zapanda's back, trying to find the energy to come up with one final, razor sharp rejoinder while he exhaled out red smoke from his newly resonated Sleuthing core. As his vision snapped into focus, Humbug realized that he was inside the newly-constructed field hospital, lying on a cot - and that he recognized the Nailbound currently tending to him.

It was Flitter, of all people. The Sleuth cut a grimace - then noticed that his wounds were all bound with extraordinary care (well, at least compared to the usual kisses and backpats). His nail-scars were neatly sewn up, his torn arms bandaged, his every ache tended. He was about as hale as he could expect to be, given his misadventures of late. As he marvelled at this wonder, Flitter's hand lingered at his cheek. She turned his head left and right, staring into his eyes for far longer than a medical check-up seemed necessary to mandate. Humbug gave the Nailbound a confused look, which she returned blankly and silently. Was she remembering that he'd spared her a gruesome death at the hands of a Wendigo?

... only to let her get Nailed not too long after. He hadn't leapt in then, like a real protector would. No, he had been wiser - had thought before he'd acted, realized the futile folly of it. Like he should have in the Tower - except there the scale of it had gotten to him. If he'd just kept his gob shut, his arm held, his temper cool... Humbug hummed softly to himself. Had he at least made a difference there? Had he made the Warlord think, wonder and doubt himself? Hard to say. Oh well. At least he still lived. At least she still lived.

"Oldies take 'em. We can't all be warlords and heroes, but that doesn't mean we're the chaff," he muttered sadly, clasped her hand in his own and gently squeezed it. They held the pose for a moment, before she seemed to take it as her signal to leave, abruptly walking off to check on other wounded, drawn by whatever ordered compulsion was stuck in her head. Humbug watched her go, wondering how long she'd lingered - wondering how much the butterfly rider remembered and if she'd ever live to recover - or forgive - before he hopped out of his cot. At least she was in Gryph's care at the moment.

After getting dressed, the detective grabbed most of his belongings, but tossed away his Club. He had a skillcore that served as ten times the weapon the club did. One that was far less likely to kill his targets - if he so wanted. That felt right. He had to do better than 'just' kill to stay alive. He had to dig deeper, figure out his next move, his next lead. He wasn't sure what he'd need on hand for doing so, but he wasn't gonna let carrying a big stick weigh him down. It wasn't as if he could pretend being a Watchtö forever. He was a Sleuth, first and foremost - he had made the choice long ago, and now again when his skillcores resonated. He was the most dangerous individual in the entire olds-damned kingdoms - at least for whoever had committed and abused the Queen's Death. He'd caught their scent, would root out their secrets, and expose their falsehoods and lies - do all he could to hoist the bastards with their own petards.

On his itinerary for the day he had to find Splut and inform him of his punishment mission's more interesting findings, among them an intriguing (supposed) witness account of the Queen's death by the Frömen delegation. He had to tell Noggins, Sucy and anyone else interested about the truth of the Inhabited, as related to him by Zapanda. He had to warn all the people he'd told about the Queen's Relic to keep their gobs shut, especially around Grimper, for their own safety, as he'd tripped over a State Secret by the sound of it. Corewiping was certainly no joke - at least not one he'd imagine Magda making. But before that - before all of these incredibly important tasks - there was one thing above all others, one thing first and foremost on his mind...

There was a rumbling sound loud enough to attract several stares. The Sleuth's eyes narrowed and he hungrily scanned the area for his targets.

He had to find a core for a willing cook and a recipe that would Get The Horde Something Proper To Eat!

Humbug drops his Club to become the Infiltrators' Sleuth-of-Hand. Don't ask how he fit the horse up his sleeve - or how Waesh is going to pull it out from under his pirate hat.

Looting the Baking skillcore and giving it to poor Patsy as an incentive to get him aiding cooking this turn: 1d100 33
Looting a Makeshift Sacrifire: 1d100 13

Sleuthing to find a high-quality recipe for our cooks: 1d100+46 55
Sleuthing to find a high-quality recipe for our cooks (Sprig Reroll): 1d100+46 82

RISKING 2x RATIONS ----> PRESERVE A RATION + HIGHEST ROLLER REROLLS AND ADDS HALF

If anyone wants to help, they're welcome to! If not, I'll hope Patsy is sufficiently compensated by the skillcore to add a buffer against my cooking hubris.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
//
HP:3/3
Glory: 4
Bluffing +25
Charm +25
Camouflage +10
Planning +10 (Unused and uninstalled)
Ritual Glory: 5
Infiltrator Captain
Ascended

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Before she left, Snödis turned to Splut, her fellow Captain, and unceremoniously dumped her whole bag of toy commanders at his feet.

"This is more your area of expertise, I feel. Intel and all that. Do with them as you will, but if you find a little töyke named Ewön, make sure he gets one of the Jaunes. It was Jö's last request, before the madmist turned him rampant."

He scooped up the bag, looking over the faces of their enemies, a slight shudder as he flashed back to the glorious charge that brought down Agenou, the ignominy of Jaune nailing him into a coffin during that desperate strike against her, and worst of all that damned, madmist-spewing, disguise-breaching puppet. Straight away he could see the inherent value in learning how the Frömen wished their people to see their war-leaders, to say nothing of the blurb on those still boxed.

"Thank you, Captain Snödis. I'll see about Jö's last request next time we're in Fostis. I'll give them a good look over, see what we can learn, how we can better fight the remaining ones."

The gathering of Infiltrators. Gigs, Hat, Humbug, Marra and Waesh all together, as he detailed the bestowal of Breaker's Guile upon them. How they now had a shared stash upon which they all had access, and how they could unlock the full power of anything they consumed in their efforts. How they could reset that stash just by momentary communication with another Infiltrator, even in the chaos of battle.

"A few ground rules. The one who puts a thing in the stash has precedence on its use: If they need it there and then, you may need to wait for it. Next, information sharing. Tuck in any useful intel in or around items prior to stashing them via reset. finally, we need to work on expanding our capabilities. I'll see about brewing up the essence of my persuasiveness, for example. Loot what you can that could be of use, or make things now while we have the opportunity. I trust your initiative, all of you, now and always, so come up with things you think will help the rest of us do our duty." He outlined.

"For starters, I'm going to see if I can create a Persuasiveness charm of one form or another, something good for a handful of uses before it runs out, which hopefully will be able to impart some of my believability for use when we're in amongst the enemy. Your orders are as follows: Create things we each can use during infiltration, loot things we each can use during infiltration, or tend to the needs of the Horde as you see fit."

He handed Hat her notes on Veilpiercer back.

"Thank you, excellent work. Everyone familiarise yourself with what this helmet can do, both in terms of seeing through deception and in granting clear insight. Don't hesitate to pull on it if that's what you need."

He made himself available to Humbug to hear his findings, looking concerned as the forbidden nature of the Queen's Relic was alluded to, bearing in mind the need not to speak of it directly.

Create a limited-use charm of persuasiveness for the Infiltrator stash: 2d100+29 70
Loot the Avoiding Notice Skillcore to combine with Camouflage: 1d100 45

INFILTRATOR STASH
From Splut:

From Humbug:

From Waesh:

From Gigs:

From Marra:

From Hat:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 2/2 -> 1/2
Skills: Perception +40 (using), Smithing +55 (cooling), Understanding
Equipment: Knight's Plate (+3), Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Ruddy Charger, Blixthäst (+5), Tap Root (+5)
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails
Glory: 26 -> 27
Ritual Chits: 2 -> 3 (artwork bonus)

Noostra (Part 17): Verika was in an exceptionally good mood today. She was strolling through camp, glancing this way and that, having just returned from a successful session of target practice with the horde's newest secret weapon, the Tap Root. The O.G. weapon, currently strapped to her back, was drawing strange looks from Hordemembers around her. People wanted to know how well her trial run with the weapon had gone, it seemed. The slight lilt at the corners of her mouth was all the answer they'd need from her. The weapon worked, and frighteningly well!

-> / /

It would seem - Verika had noted on her walk back - that she no longer had a use for her Ornate Bowharp in her kit (aside from its sentimental value), nor did she need the Arrow Flatpack that had so doggedy kept by her side all this time.

She brought the following items to her squadmate, Pythag:

"Pythag - you've started to train an archery student of your own! Excellent! Still, I think it would help if you had one of these to use yourself!"

Verika gives her Ornate Bowharp and Arrow Flatpack to Pythag.

As Verika walked past the medical tents at the camp's field hospital, she couldn't help but overhear the following conversation:

Hob posted:

"Umm, hey Ringo. Sorry, umm, would you be able to help out with something? Snodis is going to be branded and she was looking for help to make sure it goes well. The only thing is that out needs sacrifice, it hurts you. I know it's a lot to ask, but you're the toughest of all of us, would you be able to help? I'll be giving some blood too."

Ringo posted:

"I'll be there soon. If Snodis wants to keep herself from going rampant, who am I to argue?" He looked back towards his captain. "Gryph, I'll be back soon. Special Patient."

"Wait, I'll join you!" Verika called out to Ringo as both he and Hob were leaving for the Branding site.

"I was there with you two at the Vile Mechanism..." she trailed off. "I know my blood's 'clean' like yours is, at least. I'll donate blood if it means it'll save the life of Captain Snödis!"

Verika joins Hob and Ringo in donating blood!

While she was laid back in the hospital with a needle in her arm, Verika started feeling a little lightheaded. She began thinking about a certain skillcore that had recently caught her eye - the Daydreaming skillcore. She reached out to it mentally to test her affinity for the skillcore's knack, trying to Understand it... and drew a blank.

Skillcore Roll: Daydreaming: 1d100 2

Verika gives blood for Snödis' Branding Ritual! (-1 HP)

But wait, no - that wasn't right! Verika, mind swirling, shook her head to clear the fog of dizziness. She had an imagination, dang it - she just needed to focus! She tried to Understand Daydreaming...

She felt the power of a luck Nail flare to life in her side, thrilling her with its invigorating energy!

Skillcore Roll: Daydreaming (Luck's Fickler Gaze Reroll): 1d100 80

When Verika returned to camp from the Branding ceremony, she made sure to put her name down for the Daydreaming skillcore. Feeling slightly weak and exposed without her familiar bow and arrows, she decided to look for a new shield to protect herself with. Noggins had said something about shields to the Knights earlier, hadn't she?

Looting for a Noostran Shield among the Slain Guards: 1d100 51

Once she'd gotten some food in her system, Verika allowed herself to join Captain Noggins and Captain Stårn in the construction efforts in building the Horde's mighty siege engine.

"Captain Stårn," she saluted, "if you would let me borrow the Tiny Önäger for a second, I might be able to - no, wait I already see it!" Verika moved uncomfortably close to the Tiny Önäger perched on Stårn's shoulder, inspecting the mechanical wonder with her oddly-colored eyes. "If this part and this axle were to be made of metal instead of ironwood, and built on a grander scale..."

Verika trailed off, her Perception, Smithing, and Understanding cores jostling inside her, each trying to flare all at once.

"Captain, Sir, would you mind firing a few test shots with the Önäger for me? If I'm going to be the smithy for the Töbuchet project I want to be able to see how its prototype works with my own two eyes."

Verika Perceives the Töbuchet's Mechanical Needs: 1d100+40+26 163

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 15, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Skills: Siege Weapons +20, Butterfly Beastmaster +15, Timing +25
Glory: 28->29

Stårn returned Verika's sharp salute with a grin and an "At ease", before gesturing for her to enter their makeshift construction yard. The girl had an impeccable eye for construction and mechanics, that could not be denied, and Stårn was more than happy to go into highy granular detail when explaining the Önäger's construction and his plans for upgrades.

"And as you see", Stårn gestured at the Önäger whilst firing off a load of incidental rubble into an area deemed safe enough, "The axial strain imparted by activation means we need to manually change these bearings and retwine the rope we use for torsion", he continued with an excited gleam in his eye, "Now, I've been toying with the idea of a counterweight based system..."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills:Spreading Disease (+25), Cursing, Patience(+25)
Glory: 7

"You got it, boss!", Grumbus crisply saluted. He hung around the siege team's impromptu construction yard for a bit, watching the Hammerfly work. Incredible! At some point, Gado approached him as well. Grumbus scratched the back of his head and replied, "Uh, I'm not sure. I don't really know how the stuff works. All I know is that it scares the poo poo outta me. If we fired it, we'd have to make drat sure it didn't open or rupture anywhere near us. Honestly, I dunno if Cap'n Stårn would even let us. You know how he is about his siege engines." Grumbus gingerly accepted the bottle of sacrifire from the miner and carefully secured it on his plodder.

With that bit of business taken care of, Grumbus started setting up for some filth mixing. He removed the nasty ol' Oxnyard cauldron from his plodder and began filling it with various bits of nastiness. The Inhabited were distressingly sterile as far as he could tell, so he passed them over. Still, in a city this big, there was no shortage of gross stuff to add to the pot. Sewage! Dumpster residue! Spittoons! Once he had a nice base to work with, Grumbus carefully heated the cauldron to lukewarm, ideal for bacterial reproduction.

The viral melange was a start, but it needed *more*. Grumbus drained off some of his bag's excess...fluid into the cauldron. More! The plaguebearer killed a couple of his less beloved rats with a hammer, chopped them up, and threw them in the pot. Almost! Grumbus opened up his collection and casually tossed some Tölio juice in, following it up with just a *dash* of Töberculosis mucus. Now it was perfect!

Grumbus skimmed the garbage solution into some mason jars, carefully sealing and sterilizing them. Once he was sure they wouldn't leak, he distributed the plague grenades to his fellow Siegers (and maybe some Infiltrators, he guessed).

Craft Plague Grenades for ST6 (and possibly Infiltrators): 1d100+32 48
Loot some Lab Equipment as a horde upgrade: 1d100 30

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 14, 2018

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

traded to Gado for 5 Glory and

Name: Dack
Skills: A̵̕t̷͢͡͏̡h̷͟͡͏ļ̵̶̧̀ę̷̢͡t̨̧͘i̵̕҉̴͡c̢͘͜͠s͏̨́̕, Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟, Laughing +25
Unused Skillcores: E̸n͜҉̛͡ģ̛̕i̡̕͟͡͠n̢͘͢e̶͝e̵̵̡͢ŗ̕͏í̶̧͞͡n҉̴̢́̕g̷̛͢ (Traded to Gado)
HP: 1
Glory: 19+5=24>25

Even Dack was surprised his mask idea actually worked, although he did feel a bit strange while wearing it. Still, he didn't lose control of his body or anything like that, and it should help against Madmist in the future. Noticing that Captain Snödis was done with her meeting with the Warlord and the other Captains, Dack started to make his way over to her when someone called his name.

Successful Businessmanga posted:

"Dack!" Gado raises a hand in greeting as he jogs up to the hulking wendigo "Wanted to ask you about a swap." Gesturing toward whatever seems like it could be storage on Dack's person Gado pats his chest "I saw you swoop in and pick up that Engineering core a while ago. Noticed it didn't really look all that healthy, so I'm guessing it's one of those powerful corrupt cores?"

Gado has a faint smile behind his mask "I'm already infected so I figure the core should be okay for me to use. I'm wondering if you'd like to trade it off in exchange for a bit of glory and an upgrade to your shield?"

On the one hand, Neötype Squad had been under strength right from the start, and Dack had been hoping to save the corrupted core for their fifth member. At the same time, Siege Team 6 had definitely proven the effectiveness of their siege weapons, and could probably make good use out of the corrupted core. Even though Dack couldn't help but feel this was a terrible idea, especially since it looked like Gado had given up on becoming a Branded Wendigo, he figured it was probably better to work together with the other squads whenever possible. With a shrug, Dack handed over the core and his shield, quickly replacing it with Gado's tuned shield. Now to see if the Captain was feeling any better...

Well outside the concert Hall, Snödis was quick to catch up with her fellow Neötypes.

"Hob, Trinh, Qwäg, Dack." "I have good news, wonderful news, and a personal request of you all. The good news is, the Warlord has seen fit to bequeath our squad the ability to brand, or off-brand as the case may be.
Even know the knowledge burns in my heart, waiting to be released. The wonderful news is, I will be the first one to go under the knife. My own knife, as it turns out. Which is where you come in....

I can't do this myself. The ritual requires blood, muscle, tissue and bone. More than any one Tö can spare. Even with my wire, it is doubtful I would ever be able to walk again, if I were to do it myself. No, I need all of you to help me with this. Together, we can make something beautiful. The first step is finding the local Höspital, they should have the facilities we require for the operation. Hob, could you find Ringo, to ask if he could join us? It wont take long, we just need his blood. The hospital should have plenty of equipment if he wishes to donate what is left over to the other injured horde-members... though if you find any others that would donate to Our Glorious Cause, this will also be appreciated.

Dack, I'm counting on you to hold me down, if this whole thing triggers Rampancy. Make sure it goes smoothly, knock me out if you have to. Qwäg, our Risker. You are equally essentially in making sure no catastrophes occur. Whole town is riddled with weaponized madmist, and the Inhabited are bound to wake from their comas at some point. Keep us safe. Trinh... for you, I have a special project."

...Well, it seemed she was back to normal, or as normal as Captain Snödis ever was. Dack was relieved to hear that Snödis would be able to brand herself, as he had been worrying about how hard the Captain would take it if she had to follow the same treatment Gado had. As for the "graft a crimsonwing to my body" plan...well, to be honest, it could actually work. Wendigo bodies worked in weird ways, and Dack had proven you could use the infection to fuse a mask to the remains of a horse wendigo. Of course, Snödis wasn't a Wendigo yet, but Trinh could work around that, maybe.

Moments before The Procedure began, Dack finally realized why Snödis had asked him to hold her down, as a completely sloshed Trinh readied her tolls of the trade. That's also when he realized that maybe the Captain's plan wasn't fully thought out, but it was too late for doubts now.

Holding Snödis down to prevent any mishaps during The Procedure: 1d500+24 109

Astus fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 14, 2018

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Nana the Elder (thanks DK)

Cores: Mothering(cd), First Aid
Glory: 6 -> 7

Nana's hands worked to bandage one of the more blessedly minor injuries she'd seen that day. "You be careful with that now. Do you remember what I told you to do with it?" She stood, looking down over her patient and folding her arms in front of her.

'Change the bandages uh... twice a day?'
"And?"
'Oh, Wash it out with clean water?"
"Aaand?"
'Uuh... Come see you if it starts to smell like an open sewer?'
"That's my boy." Nana reached out, tousling the young Tö's hair.
'Aww c'mon,' he groaned, a slight purple rising in his cheeks.

"Now then, you let Nana see about getting us all something to eat hmm?"

---

Nana had just finished setting up the communal cookpots when Humbug stopped by, bringing along a recipe for a hearty Pötatö stew, a local Noostra delicacy whose particulars were a fiercely guarded community secret. "Where did you find this dear? Actually, never mind." She waved the question away, eyeing the recipe list. "These shouldn't be too hard to find..."

(Cooking roll, no SC) 1d100+7 = 80 +10 (Captain's orders) = 90

Her hunch was correct, and soon the pots were bubbling away merrily, a delicious smell wafting out over the horde.

---

Setting down her ladle after all the stew had been served, Nana idly wiped her hands on a rag. 'My, if I'm going to be doing this sort of thing I'm going to need a bit of help.' She thought to herself. 'This core business certainly isn't pleasant, but it does have its uses.' She looked down, her totally dry hands still working the rag around her wrinkled fingers. Sighing, she turned and headed toward the skillcore storage heap.

(Looting Baking Skillcore) 1d100 = 31

She arrived to find Humbug with the baking core in hand. "Oh! hello again dear, I don't suppose that was something you were interested in was it? Perhaps I could put it to good use, I've got a lovely apricöt pie recipe and I promise you'll get the first batch."

BHB fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 15, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

(d6+3)

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+55), E̸n͜҉̛͡ģ̛̕i̡̕͟͡͠n̢͘͢e̶͝e̵̵̡͢ŗ̕͏í̶̧͞͡n҉̴̢́̕g̷̛͢ (+50)
HP: 2/2
Glory: 4->5->0
Breaker's Hand Action: Once per combat can make an additional roll to build fortifications or create siege gear.
Breaker's Hand Bonus: Double the bonus on consumables used for violent combat.
Mutation Countdown: [x] [x] [x] [ ] [ ]

In possession of his new toy, Gado scurries off behind a wagon and holds the corrupted core up into the light. There's a bit of hesitance to shoving abcorrupt core into his body, but Gado's lust for power to aid his friends pushes well past that.

As the core settles into his chest blueprints for all manner of devices wholesome and incredibly unpleasant flow into his thoughts. "Oh̨ m̸y..̀.̕" Gado's fingers tense and untense eager to get to work on something.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Söndra AKA Löri
Skillcore: Espiönage (CD), Performing (Using)
Glory: 6 > 7
Family: Jö (missing), Ewön Age 5, Ami Age 3
Items:
-Knightly Cestus
-String Slayer's Garb +2
-Sacrifire

Hmmm... her disguise had worked. They didn't notice that she, Söndra, was not this "Löri" woman. This was doable, but she would have to play things low key for now. The performing skillcore would do well to help her out with her disguise. She had been taught how to improvise a character, after all. Now, with her new skillcore it would be far easier. Löri seemed to have few friends or companions anyways.

No reason to gamble though. At least, not with her life. Söndra was an expert Töker player, so she knew when to hold them, when to fold them, and when to ask for a new card. This was time to improve her hand. Another performing core to upgrade the current one would be excellent. And she noticed one in the stores of the fat horde nailsmith.

A quick run by while Magda was engaged with a "customer," some slight of hand and a little roleplay? Nobody would be the wiser.

Performing skillcore: Skillcore Impossible 2: 1d100 75

While walking away from the supplies, though, Sondra overhead the Captains talking. It sounded like they were speaking about Jö! Where was he?!

"This is more your area of expertise, I feel. Intel and all that. Do with them as you will, but if you find a little töyke named Ewön, make sure he gets one of the Jaunes. It was Jö's last request, before the madmist turned him rampant."

Madmist?! Madmist had gotten him? Damnation, they would pay for this! First they steal him from his family and now they let him get touched by chemical weapons?

Two could play at that game. If these hordelings would stoop to using madmist, then she wouldn't say no to using wendigos. Sondra grabbed some of her clothes out of her pack. They were dirty after days of stalking the horde and carried a thick scent and many were brightly colored.

She tacked them up around the horde's encampment, claiming to be looting the area if asked. She even looked around for an Oxnyard Helmet to pick up to play the part. Face coverings were always useful to a spy.

Roll for helmet: 1d100 18

If Jo was merely enraged by the mist temporarily, they would help him find his way back. He loved her Saffrön scarves and dresses- her favorite color. Even an enraged Jö would follow them home from instinct, she hoped.

And, in the worst case? That he had become a... a... monster? Well, then they would both have their vengeance....

Setting up a trail for Jo: 1d100+6+10 85

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

bonus hole boy posted:

Nana the Elder

She arrived to find Humbug with the baking core in hand. "Oh! hello again dear, I don't suppose that was something you were interested in was it? Perhaps I could put it to good use, I've got a lovely apricöt pie recipe and I promise you'll get the first batch."

Humbug raised an eyebrow, then chuckled at the elderly Tö's kindly offer. Without hesitation, he handed over the core - she'd been helping out over the cookfires of late and deserved the core at least as much as Patsy did.

"I'd never say no to a honest offer of apricöt pie, but - more importantly - anyone willing to cook for this horde deserve all the help they can get!"

Baking goes to Nana instead of Patsy. Sorry Patsy, wherever you are!

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
Cosmetic Items:
Name: Neebs
Skill(s): Sales (+20)
Drinking (+20) (used this turn)
Surgery (+15) (on cooldown)
Medics: Breaker’s Eye - Upon a failed healing attempt, heal 1 HP for every 100 in the failed roll, rounding up. Additionally, once per combat a Medic may heal an ally that has rolled lower than them 1 HP.
Glory: 0 + 1 posting glory => 1 glory

super sweet best pal posted:

"Hmm, I'll pass. I need to be free to work on my projects.

"Sorry to hear that, Portha. If you ever change your mind, get in touch with Gryph or, I suppose, myself."

super sweet best pal posted:

"Actually, help me help you. I need... things. Things that might be in the city hospital. Things that will strengthen the horde. Things you'll need too. I'm going there to search for medical supplies, send whoever you can spare along to help look and carry the stuff back."

"Hmmmm. I need to go talk to Gryph first, but thanks so much for helping out. If we have anyone we can spare, we'll send them to find you."

Neebs found Gryph idling around the field hospital after the Captain's meeting. She lazily sauntered up to him with a coffee cup full of whiskey. It was immediately apparent she'd been drinking.
"Hey bossh. Got a report fore sha." Neebs idiotically grinned.
"Went to four likely candidates for the shquad, tried shelling them on it; but only got two of the four to joyn. That ish...Nana and Ringo have joined ush; you should go shay hello. I think Nana was at the field hoshpital here shomewhere. Real nice old lady; she's the one what got the first aid shkillcore. Ringo may not sheem it, but I think he joined becaushe he's got some mental scars; he might bypassh ush in phys...physical shkill right quick; but we need to keep the man grounded in hish Tömanity; or he'sh going to drift off feeling isholated. Shpeaking of mental scars; one of the guys I approached was Grag, bandager; he'sh...just not there; I don't know that we have the skills to heal his mind; he'sh your problem now though...I'm done with him. I left Portha an open invitation to join, but she shaid she needs to work on her projects; whatever that meansh. She did agree to rummage through the hoshpital; if we could spare a nailbound or two to go help, maybe we could find some better medical shupplies. I was thinking of heading that way myshelf; I hear Shnödis is going to be branded, so it might not be a bad idea for someone with medical shkill to be around in cashe shomething goes horribly wrong."

Her report to Gryph finished, Neebs offered Gryph some whiskey and awaited his response or orders.

After receiving his response and orders, Neebs found Nana and Ringo and offered them some whiskey as well.

(Assuming Gryph approved of her plan) Neebs headed off to the city hospital with two nailbound in tow.

Attempt to heal people hurt by the branding ritual: (1d100ro2e100)+0+20! 115 with the two nailbound...since it's just blood donation, all they really need is hydration. Obviously all they needed was some beer; which her drinking skillcore let her choose the most hydrating.

Help Portha loot supplies: 1d100ro2e100! 94 with the two nailbound.

Half-wit fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 15, 2018

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Nana

Scribbleykins posted:

"I'd never say no to a honest offer of apricöt pie, but - more importantly - anyone willing to cook for this horde deserve all the help they can get!"

"Oh, bless your heart dear. Tell you what, I'll see if I can scrounge up some whïpped creäm for that pie, special just for you."

(Nana receives Baking)

Half-wit posted:

After receiving his response and orders, Neebs found Nana and Ringo and offered them some whiskey as well.

Nana took a polite sip and managed to squeak out "Thank you, sweetie" before her face scrunched up and she handed the whiskey back over.

BHB fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 15, 2018

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
\
Name: Gryph
Glory: 31 => 32
Skill: Medicine (20), Wrestling (20)

Gryph groaned as Grimper's eyes adjusted themselves. Brief pain aside, his mind was flooded with new information. Looking at the other Captains, he took stock. Ascension, general health, the presence of OG relics, all of it superimposed itself over his eyes in green Large Caution and Red signs erupted over Snodis. What in Hell? She was obviously infected, although Grimper's Gift would deal with that, and Snodis would be first in line to test it, Gryph didn't doubt the Neotype captain. But the Yellow Cautions gave him pause. Some sort of OG Relic? It's feeding off her natural Espirit, And keeping her flesh together. Gryph resolved to keep an eye on her.

Grimper's explanation of the situation left Gryph with a growing sense of unease. "Sir,if they can afford to throw this number of Inhabited at us, they're either going to try and relocate them or they can afford this loss of material. If they have this many Inhabited, We'll have to be extremely cautious of Madmist attack again. Do we have an estimate on the forces at the Gateway Fortress?"

Snodis posted:

"Have your team at the ready Captain, there is going to be some rather experimental surgery occurring soon, for the good of the horde. I might need to borrow one of your all-stars, if that is alright?

"I'd prefer waiting until we leave the city and can camp in guaranteed safety, but we'll be on hand and ready." The Captains dispersed, getting ready to deal with what lay ahead. Pythag was getting bandaged when Gryph returned, an the first thing he noticed was the To injuries. "Are these self-inflicted?" He didn't need an answer, he could already see the hole where Pythag's math Skillcore used to be. "You've nicked the Skillcore Rotation Tendons in your lower left skill chamber. Not to mention the possibility of infection. We'll patch you up, but DO NOT try this again. And spread the word."

Ringo posted:

"Gryph, I'll be back soon. Special Patient."

"Right on. If you mean Snodis, good luck and be careful, Rampant Mosterism does wild things."

----------
Neebs soon found him and let him know of the Toans who had joined the squad.

Neebs posted:

Hey bossh. Got a report fore sha."
"Went to four likely candidates for the shquad, tried shelling them on it; but only got two of the four to joyn. That ish...Nana and Ringo have joined ush; you should go shay hello. I think Nana was at the field hoshpital here shomewhere. Real nice old lady; she's the one what got the first aid shkillcore. Ringo may not sheem it, but I think he joined becaushe he's got some mental scars; he might bypassh ush in phys...physical shkill right quick; but we need to keep the man grounded in hish Tömanity; or he'sh going to drift off feeling isholated. Shpeaking of mental scars; one of the guys I approached was Grag, bandager; he'sh...just not there; I don't know that we have the skills to heal his mind; he'sh your problem now though...I'm done with him. I left Portha an open invitation to join, but she shaid she needs to work on her projects; whatever that meansh. She did agree to rummage through the hoshpital; if we could spare a nailbound or two to go help, maybe we could find some better medical shupplies. I was thinking of heading that way myshelf; I hear Shnödis is going to be branded, so it might not be a bad idea for someone with medical shkill to be around in cashe shomething goes horribly wrong."

"Good Work, Neebs. Ringo's already there, but he'll appreciate the help. And thanks for finding people to fill the squad. Portha's a good To, even if she's not joining us, so your plan is approved. take two of the orderlies and see about scrounging up some more supplies, medical or hell, food, we can always use more." Having said this, Gryph accepted Neebs offer of the whisky, taking the cup and draining a respectable amount before handing it back. It burned on the way down, far less than it used to,
"No operating while drunk, Neebs."

----------

Having passed Nani and given his respectful introductions, as well as an appreciations for her work on the rations, Gryph sought out Zapanda

"Humbug probably filled you in on the details, but it's worse than you think. I doubt anyone's coming back to Noostra anytime soon. The tower... wasn't secure enough." While he had no love for Grimper, Gryph was not going to divulge the full story of what happened in the tower, especially not to Zapanda. "Your notes still have a journey to make. but make no mistake, I'm going to get them into the right hands."

His next port of call was Humbug, the Sleuth working in the Kitchen. "Thanks. You're doing everything to keep the Horde together, and I'm thinking there's something more to what's going on. Without you ,I never would have thought to consider it." He considered bringing Humbug into the conspiracy, but in the end knew that Humbug would need the notes to prove what was happening. And three can keep a secret.... "Oh, also not killing Zapanda. This whole war has everything on its head, and you might be the one chance we have to figure this out. So don't die, okay?"

----------
Gryph had Scavenged the Kinght's Cestus. and was looking to Wrestle it onto something more suited for grappling when he was interrupted by Grumbus.

Grumbus posted:

"Oi, Gryph!", Grumbus shouted from outside the tent, "I could use your help with somethin'. I've got this Cursing skillcore that I got because I was hopin' it would resonate with my rotten disease one. Foul of body and foul of mouth, ya see. Well, I haven't been having much luck and I've grown to hate the thing besides. Makes me swear like a bloody Yankee Upworlder twat. When you have some free time, could you see about cutting it out of me? I could repay ya in glory or perhaps some kinda favor. Ever since I yanked that skillcore from Juane, I'm pretty good at figuring out most things as long as I'm not rushed."

"I already told Pythag that no one should try it on themselves. And I'm not surprised that Cursing didn't Resonate: Not only is it only metaphorically dirty, but there's not enough mass for an infection vector, You'd have been better off with a Spitting skillcore. Still, I've got a project. Help me turn this Cestus into some hand grips,, and I'll get some medics on it the next time we stop. This place doesn't feel safe enough to do a skillcore extraction."

----------
Orders are as follows:
Neebs: Help Portha, see if you can scavange some medical supplies.
Ringo: We're past the hump, but anything we heal now is for the Fortress. keep healing,you're doing great!.
Nani: See if you can forage or scavenge something to prop up our food supplies. Obviously, help Humbug where you can etc."

"And be ready to pack the field hospital down and leave in a hurry. Something about this place is starting to give me the creeps.".

Healing the Remainder!: 1d100+31+20 139

Torchlighter fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 16, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

"Thanks Neebs! You're the best!"

Hob looked around the field hospital for a member of infiltration squad, someone with steady hands who didn't look too busy. His own hands were shaking from the blood loss and Neebs' medicinal alcohol.

If any member of infiltration squad isn't using their action+ hasn't acted yet, (I think Gigs, Mara, and Hat) Hob will buy goo and give them 3 glory if they would administer the innoculant goo to him.

Edit: 5 glory spent on goo. 3 glory transferred to Hat. Thanks!

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 16, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 0 - > 1
Skills: Mushrooms +25
Kicking +45

Visibly annoyed at her changes malfunctioning this quickly, Sucy took leave from Qwäg, promising to keep working on the project. If she was to make any further forays into the strange technology of the OGs, she'd need a different skill core than what she had had available so far. Searching the camp for any core that might fit the bill, she heard that Pythag had just cut his math skill core out of himself. Luckily he had survived, so she wouldn't be as much of a vulture if she approached him for a trade.
As it turned out, Pythag had not only his Math core, but also a Computation skill core lying around, and was looking to get rid of them. Speaking to him, Sucy found that Pythag the Honourable was a lot easier to talk to than Pythag the Mathematician had been, changing his primary skill core seemed to have been a truly transformative experience. As the two chatted away, a deal was quickly struck to get Pythag back into the saddle in return for the two skill cores and his flat pack, in case Sucy needed to lay down some prolonged archer fire. Sucy quickly proceeded to slot in the computation skill core, following it up with the Math core, which should resonate quickly. As an added favour to Pythag, she also slipped on her ring to inspect the saddle for any special properties that the OG tech might detect. She had had the saddle for quite a while, but her plodder didn't take to it well, so she hadn't yet spared the time to find out if the strangely comfortable feeling you got while sitting on it was just good craftsmanship or something more than that.
Bidding farewell to Pythag, she left the field hospital and went looking whether she could rustle up another skill core that she could perhaps resonate with her new computation skill core. Looking through the spares that were assembled in front of the Thumbscrew, she quickly decided that the Sitting still core might work, as Math involved a lot of that.
With her newly upgraded boots, Sucy decided that she wouldn't need her old brüm anymore and resolved to find and gift it to the Salestö Neebs, perhaps she would have some use for the extra stock. Neebs was easy to locate, as she was always at the centre of hustle and bustle of the horde, trying to earn some extra coin or glory. Leaving the brüm with her together with some words of appreciation, Sucy then continued on to the armory of Noostra. She was looking for a Frölkyrie Battle Dress, an armor worn by the butterfly-riding all-female elite unit of Gornichon's army. However, since Gornichon wasn't based from Noostra, the armory proved a complete bust on this, with the only consolation price being a dress shop that offered a civilian replica of the Battle Dress that Sucy found on the way back. Well, it was better than nothing, so she changed into it, determined to acquire her own if they ever met Gornichon on the field of battle.
With all the shopping done, Sucy returned to the problem of manipulating people's shapes. Clearly the best test subjects for this would be the Inhabited, as their temporary personalities had been stripped down to a minimum. Where wendigo shapes were complex and hard to see and understand, the Inhabited should be the easiest possible test case. Additionally, once the masks were removed the temporary shapes should fall away, leaving the original Frömen without any permanent damage. Grabbing a few test subjects, Sucy set down, slipped on the ring and began calculating and poking and prodding the shapes she saw. Ideally she would be able to first affect changes to their personality, ideally turning them friendly, then stop the suppression of their skill cores and if everything worked out, she'd try to remove the temporary shape from the Frö to see if she could force the Inhabitation to end without killing them. It would take time to figure out these modifications, but in this dark and featureless void she had nothing if not plenty of time.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

:;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+25)
Squad: Infiltrator (Shares items with other squadmembers, gets double bonuses from consumables used outside combat)
Equipment: Knightly Spear (+3), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield, Lucky Pearl; Sikatris Scarf, Wagnag Jerky[?], ThumbsCrew Mug
Glory: 0 -> 1

Oh no! Hat's notes on Splut's helmet were nowhere to be found. She retraced her steps: she'd given Waesh his hat here, spoke to Magda, worked on the helmet here... She searched the makeshift camp thoroughly, but couldn't find a trace - and now Splut was returning from the meeting! Wait, what were those papers under his arm?

Hat listened to Splut explain his - and by extension their - newfound powers. A shared pool of items, and extra effectiveness when using consumables outside combat. It seemed clear that Splut wanted to explore this angle; to gather a great many items, and then deploy them throughout the Horde for the benefit of all. It also explained how her notes had disappeared. When he had finished, Hat said "I've not really been much of a collector of items so far, and while I'm willing to share what items I have, I'd really rather not part with my spear and shield. They... they're keeping me alive, sir. Probably just superstition on my part, but... yeah. Sorry, Cap." She looked around at the rest of the squad, glad to see that at least they'd all made it through. "Oh, Gigs, I've been meaning to talk to you. You're due a free hat, as an Infiltrator symbol. A perfect place to hide that item you need at just the right time! My skillcore's cooling down right now, but have a think what style or colour you'd like your hat to be, and I'll see what I can do next downtime. Is that OK?"

Hat was gathering the rest of her equipment when Hob approached. He'd heard about the Infiltrators' new-found powers, and wanted to test them, hopefully increasing the effectiveness of the blue (or was it red?) goo and protect him from contracting Monsterism. Hat agreed to the trial, and followed Hob's commands carefully, tensing her legs, getting ready to pour the bottle over him in one smooth backflip.

Administering goo to Hob!: 2d100+1+25+10 176

EDIT: Since it was mentioned in the Discord that applying the goo isn't a roll-worthy action, changing it to helping medics.

The task done, Hat found herself wandering over to the mobile infirmary. She'd usually try to avoid helping out the medics, since there had been a few occasions where her attempts at care had been... lacking. But hey! That was old Hat! Maybe new, Ascended Hat would be better at taking care of paitents! Only one way to find out...

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 16, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

The goo would give you a +100 to doing this since you double the out of combat bonus on consumables. :homebrew:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry +35, Precision +20, Leadership
HP: 2/3
Glory: 8->9
Ritual Glory: 4

It was... jarring, to see Grimper be upfront and straightforward with them. Just when Noggins felt that she had the man figure dout, he... perhaps surprised her wasn't the right word, but there were definitely depths there that she hadn't seen before. He had volunteered for this duty when nobody else would. He had been to Frö in peacetime, had visited the opera as part of a diplomatic delegation. He was, at long last, sharing not only information about the war at large, but his own actual power, displaying a flexibility of thinking that she suspected would not be found in the other Warlords. He was... reasonable. Calm. Collected. Sober, in more ways than one.

She actually had to remind herself of all that he had done in the past. This wasn't a different person she was dealing with--he had done terrible things, acts that she still found unforgivable, and would not forgive him for. But... there was more to him than that. Shades of grey. She wished, for a minute, that Dovetail would have sat young Noggins down for a talk about how much more morally complicated knighthood was than the stories made it sound, instead of just telling her that she was going to be a carpenter. Sure, he'd more or less been right in the end, but it would have been a valuable lesson. But that could wait.

After regaining her breath from the aftermath of the implantation, Noggins sat quietly for a while, listening to the other captain' questions before speaking up.

"Before anything else, Warlord... I want to thank you for trusting us with this. I know that we've had... disagreements in the past. But we can work past that. We will work past that. I won't let you down. But I do have some questions, first. They're maybe not the most direct, but... there's things I've been wondering about, and I'd certainly feel better having answers.

"So the first, is, well... about you. You said that you volunteered for this task, but when we first set out, it... really didn't seem like you were happy about it. So why did you volunteer? Obviously it wound up being incredibly important. Did you know that at the time? Or... was there something you needed to prove? Something to make up for? I'm just having some trouble understanding. And... it's not really important, but how do you know Sikatris? Is it just past battles? There's pretty clearly a history there.

My other question is about the war itself, and there's not really an easy way to say it. Just... what are we trying to accomplish? as a whole and the Regency Council, I mean. Obviously the war started as vengeance for Reina, but what does that even mean at this point? I can't imagine that we're just going to kill King Regis and call it good. But it's not like we can just conquer all of Frö, either--there's no way we have enough people to hold it. It'd be a disaster of a million rebellions. But if it's not those, then what? Is there anything else the Regency Council could be after? I just want to know what's supposed to be at the end of all this.

----------------------------------

Afterwards, new answers and information bouncing around in her head, Noggins quietly worked on the Töbuchet, too preoccupied to commit the kind of effort that had produced the Field Höspital, but an incredibly competent pair of hands all the same. There was a lot that she needed to take in, and that would take time.

High Precision Siege Construction: 2d100+20+8 90
Looting a Shield for Somnö if possible.
Also, did I get the Precision Core from the Nailbound that Verika ordered?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Name: Gigs
Skills: Unflappability (+20), Triangulation (+15), Oratory (+10)
Glory: 24

Gigs acknowledges his orders with a single nod. Taking stock of his probable role in the party, he settles on crafting a few homing arrows, using his knowledge of triangulation to design them just so, improving the swallow-like airspeed velocity of each. (1d100+39 = 71).

"Hmm..."

The secret to homing arrows, of course, is to always claim you hit what you were aiming at. One way or another, these will suffice.

EDIT: With the captain's orders bonus (+10), that's 81.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 19, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As Portha combed through the eerily empty hospital looking for things the horde's medics could use, she kept an eye out for stuff for her own personal use. One thing caught her eye, an empty medical pack discarded in the corner of a room.

Loot Roll: empty medical pack: 1d100 30

She grabbed it, tied it to her belt and shoved her bottles of mushbroom and whistling flower in it.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 17, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Getting back into office work after some weeks out on site - hoping for proper update tomorrow, but here's the Grimper conversation and Nail Ritual, just to bridge the scenes and give you something to chew on!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Grimper attended his Captains, looking so patient and calm that they became disconcerted. They could smell alcohol on his breath and skin, but he looked so sober as to shock them all into a deeper sobriety. Ever one to recover quickly, Splut fired off a few quick questions.

quote:

"Warlord, about the Inhabited. Instant travel is one thing, but Where are they getting the masks from? Are they easy to manufacture? We saw tens of thousands of them in use here. Are there manufactories we could shut down, staging grounds we could disrupt, to stem the flow further?"
“Their manufacture, as far as we understand, is not terribly difficult. The masks themselves are made of layers of laquered wood, adhered with a glue of powdered bone and rare metals. Between each layer is sandwiched an incredibly fine sheet of metal inscribed with Script, and that’s what does the real work. However, working in a chain, with the appropriate materials, skilled workers and pre-made forms, they could crank out hundreds in a matter of days. How long have they been preparing? We cannot know the extent of it - the Unexpectable Horde’s intelligence is the cutting edge of Tö’s intelligence. It was not deemed to be of major concern, once upon a time.”

quote:

”Given what Sucy did, can we use that as a weapon against them, some sort of short range transmitter, or however the Thumbscrew worked, so that she can break any more of the Inhabited we meet like she broke the ones here? Our enemy is relying heavily on them, being able to use that against them could turn the tide in one fell swoop.”
“...I beg your pardon? What precisely did Sucy do?” Splut recalled too late that Grimper was unaware of the extent of her interference with his Wailing Nail, and managed to convince him that she’d made advances in using her Ring to affect the enemy. Grimper shrugged, suspicion fading into black sobriety once more. “I have no idea. Experiment, but don’t allow Artifacts to fall to the enemy under any circumstances.”

quote:

"If you'll excuse the question, and I assure you it is very, very relevant to how we conduct the campaign, How exactly did Queen Reina die? Do we know who the culprit is, both directly and indirectly? How certain are we that it was the Frö, and if so, which Frö in particular?"
Grimper stared at him in silence for a moment. “She was poisoned. She died shortly afterwards. I was there. It was Frömen, I can assure you. I recommend leaving it at that.” His ‘recommendation’ fell on the Bluffer’s shoulders like a lead weight. Snödis the Poet followed up, still beaming with excitement from her newfound power - imagine, the power of the Brand in her two hands!

quote:

"But sir, is there any extra knowledge of the Brand or Wendingoes you could share with me, now that I'm in charge of that particular operation?"
Grimper considered, then spoke. “You’ve studied them long and hard. I daresay you know almost as much as I do on the subject. The Brand pierces through the nerves to link to the infected Core, tying them inextricably together. When the change comes, the… excess is vented from the Brand, preventing the bearer from warping under the strain. Think of it as a rubber bladder over filled with air and bursting, then another fitted with a valve that releases under certain pressure. It’s not perfect, Branding, and it’s certainly only of use in wartime, but it’s the best we’ve got to contain those monsters.” He ignored Snödis’ flinch at the slur. She continued.

quote:

"Now, as for what comes next. I understand the urgency to head towards the Gateway Fortress, but if our forces are in as disadvantageous a position as what you mention... Sir, perhaps we should consider an alternative plan. Have you heard of The Long? OG relic. Ancient. Stretches towards the heavens themselves. Some say it's the ladder the OG's used to climb away from all of this, but that is nonsense. It has some religious signific-”
”Cut it out. The Long is a myth. None of our spies have ever indicated such a thing exists among Frömen communiques, and none of our travelling merchants have either. Besides, if it was so giant, wouldn’t we be able to see it from, well, anywhere? No, drop that. We’ve got enough trouble without legends.” She bit back the rest of her question, chastened but with her face flushing behind her mask. She’d obviously heard different stories than he had, and he’d been wrong before. Starn the Sieger responded predictably: glee at his newfound power, then straight to the point.

quote:

"All that interests me thus is Sieging related knowledge. Information pertaining to our route from here to the Gateway. Is there anything in the way we can loot or reappropriate? Likely enemy movements? The exact structure of the Gateway fortress itself?"
Grimper cracked a grin, then waved him off. “Yes, later, later. We’ll discuss this as a group, but long story short we have some little knowledge of the path we’ll have to take to get there, including towns where double-agents and spies of ours are waiting for us to pick them up and places where we could conceivably find loot. Time is against us, but so is our limited Tö-strength. We’ll need to pick up some heavy hitters to stand a chance.” Starn shrugged and looked away, visibly distracted by the possibilities that lay ahead. Noggins rose and the others froze, waiting for a blow-up. The Carpenter had long been critical of the Warlord, after all. Instead, she managed a grudging thanks. Thanks that he trusted them and hope that he would continue to do so. She still, however, wanted answers.

quote:

You said that you volunteered for this task, but when we first set out, it... really didn't seem like you were happy about it. So why did you volunteer? Obviously it wound up being incredibly important. Did you know that at the time? Or... was there something you needed to prove? Something to make up for?
Grimper’s face grew harder and harder as she spoke, but he did not lash out. “I volunteered because someone had to. It was not considered a particularly glorious task, and as I’ve mentioned very little was expected of it or of me. I did it because by accomplishing it I would aid in the war effort against these animals that have killed our Queen. But yes, there was an ulterior motive. I wanted to excel in the task, to go above and beyond what was asked of me. My brothers, the Breakers of Tö, would know my name and know me to be deserving of the title of Breaker. I would be able to make up for… no, you do not need to know this to do your job. Simply know that I did my duty because it needed to be done, and I could not trust anyone to do it more than my own self.” There was that reticience again, the scratching at the surface of the Great Shame many believed him to bear. No sense prodding that now. And yet Noggins did prod, a little.

quote:

”I'm just having some trouble understanding. And... it's not really important, but how do you know Sikatris? Is it just past battles? There's pretty clearly a history there.”
Annoyance flickered across his face, but he waved it away as though he hadn’t destroyed priceless communications equipment mere hours ago because she’d tricked him once again. “Yes, I have faced her on the field of battle, directly and by proxy. And, believe it or not, I have even defeated her. But she… always manages to make it look as though this was her plan all along. Even in peace time, at diplomatic functions, she contrives to embarass me in front of my peers, all the while appearing innocent. Only I can see the glint in her eyes, the pitying laughter that draws such a rage from me.” His broken hand licked flames at his bandages, setting them alight. He sighed morosely, then blew the flame out like a candle. “In short, I hate her because she’s a bitch.”

Noggins bit her lip at the casual sexism, then forged on towards her real question, the dangerous one. No sense stopping now.

quote:

“My other question is about the war itself, and there's not really an easy way to say it. Just... what are we trying to accomplish? Tö as a whole and the Regency Council, I mean. Obviously the war started as vengeance for Reina, but what does that even mean at this point? I can't imagine that we're just going to kill King Regis and call it good. But it's not like we can just conquer all of Frö, either--there's no way we have enough people to hold it. It'd be a disaster of a million rebellions. But if it's not those, then what? Is there anything else the Regency Council could be after? I just want to know what's supposed to be at the end of all this.”
Grimper stood upright like a shot, leering down at her. His Corona blazed, scraping the ceiling of the hall. “We’ll kill their King as a start, then! The big picture is beyond you or I, Carpenter, and don’t ever forget it! Tö and Frö have been warring for ages, push and pull, conquest and reconquest, and it’s sure as hell not going to stop while we’re down a Queen! Where is your loyalty, that you would question the goodness, the rightness of the Council? They - we - fight for the freedom and honor of all Töans in the land, and if we have to keep fighting a thousand more generations, crushing pockets of resistance until your descendants die holding their swords, then by Reina we’ll do it!” He cooled, dropped back down to a crouch on the stage. “We don’t need to conquer all of Frö. We’ll take their capital and lean on them until they break. We’ll take their knowledge and advances and let them know in no uncertain terms that we are not to be meddled with. That’s all you need to know.” He turned away from her, cutting off further questions, turning to his newest Captain with an arched eyebrow. Gryph the Medic nodded, keeping his questions casual and to the point.

quote:

”Sir,if they can afford to throw this number of Inhabited at us, they're either going to try and relocate them or they can afford this loss of material. If they have this many Inhabited, We'll have to be extremely cautious of Madmist attack again. Do we have an estimate on the forces at the Gateway Fortress?"
“No, besides that they are larger than ours. We do not know whether the Fortress has (as suspected) some form of long range travel Artifact, and if so what its parameters are. The Fortress itself is a massive edifice, with powerful walls surrounding its core, a great moat as it splits the Fist River down the center, and on the far end the Tumbledown Gorge and the twin falls down into it. The landscape itself is arrayed against us, nevermind their forces! But yes, the forces there are expected to be formidable and numerous. I have no idea how we’ll manage it… but we managed Noostra, didn’t we? You’ll figure something out.”

He looked back in forth between them, apparently satisfied though his Captains looked anything but. He nodded, then strode - still mostly unclad - into the open air outside. It was snowing with increasing steadiness as he strode towards the square, where Magda was summoning the others for the next Ritual. The Captains looked at eachother, then followed, because there was nothing else to be done.

---
Another Nail Ritual gathered the Horde entire, giving them - and Grimper - a proper chance to survey each other. People generally kept to their own cliques when they bedded down, and during fighting things were so chaotic you barely had a chance to see who was standing next to you, but they could see eachother now. The Horde was… greatly diminished. And yet, those who remained had a glow about them, like the glint on the edge of the sword. They'd passed through the fire and emerged tempered and hard, harder than many ever hoped or dreamed they might ever be. They listened to the Warlord’s words, impassive, each trying to forget that - victory or not - they were neck-deep in enemy territory, and that the Ritual was intensely distracting. But, mercifully, also brief. They received yet another nail - their fifth - and felt the strange aligning of fate that always followed shortly after the luck binding. It was stronger than ever, now; coins tossed would land face up every time, or else on their edge, or else keep spinning in the air in defiance of natural laws. It would pass as the Nail settled in, the flesh and spirit healing around the intruder until it became as natural as a tooth or hair. There was much power in Nails.

Humbug did not partake, and Grimper did not invite him. He had stripped out his Nails, and he was outcast. The Warlord did not demand he leave, trusting in his Captain’s judgement and punishment of the man, but neither did he appear to respect him or trust him wholly. The feeling was mutual.

(Forgot to do this earlier, oops. As a reminder, Luck’s Blind Gaze does this: Reroll Combat and Conflict rolls on a 3-4 - on a 1, reroll with +20, on a 2, rerolling with +10. Humbug, as mentioned elsewhere, does not benefit from Rituals until such time he decides to do so (and then only after a Downtime)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
(Administrative notes: Pigilante Justice self-resonates to +15, then goes up to +25 from smooshing two CQC cores into it. Gave away Mushbrewm to Sucy, dropped old +1 armor/Pigarang for new +3 stuff. Whoo!)

COSMETIC ITEMS:
Name: Snorkus
Skills: Pigilante Justice+25 (using), Gazing+10, Rolling+25 (cooldown)
Item Cooldowns: Utility "Belt" (using)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 14 -> 15 (-> 12)
Notes: Vile Mechanism Survivor

Shrugging on his new gear, Snorkus snorted as red smoke briefly wafted out of various orifices. He had felt a bit bogged down as of late, fading into the background... but no more! Freshly armed, armored, and ability-d (?!) the Pigilante was ready to dispense PORCINE JUSTICE once more! Casting about for something to apply his newfound prowess to, he spied an unlikely figure in need of aid... Grumbus, heading off to loot and pillage. "Citizen! You look to be in need of aid - allow me to assist you in your pigllaging! (And not to be a hog, but if you don't need that shield, I could take it off your hands for a bit of Glory...)"

Pigllaging some lab equipment for future JUSTICE: 1d100+15+25+5 89

(If Grumbus is up for it, I'd be happy to toss some Glory at you for the Tuned Shield in addition to the help with Downtime. 3 Glory?)

EDIT: Handed 3 Glory to Grumbus, taking Tuned Shield! Value of 15 used for this roll due to TIMING.

Podima fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 18, 2018

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills:Spreading Disease (+25), Cursing, Patience(+25)
Glory: 7->10

Podima posted:

"Citizen! You look to be in need of aid - allow me to assist you in your pigllaging! (And not to be a hog, but if you don't need that shield, I could take it off your hands for a bit of Glory...)"

Pigllaging some lab equipment for future JUSTICE: 1d100+15+25+5 89

"I appreciate the help, Caped, uh, Crusowder. Did I do that right? Whatever." Grumbus put away his lootin' crowbar and lootin' half-brick to unstrap his Tuned Shield from his back, passing it to Snorkus. "The shield's no problem. It's hard to hold my bag and it at the same time and you look like you could use it more than me anyway. Now, you got some picks in that belt of yours?"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

After the Ritual, the Horde went back to their labors. They had ideas and plans already in motion, not to mention those that the Warlord’s sacrifice afforded them. The squads split up, working on several plans at once, but Sucy the Mushroom Farmer went off alone. She was troubled by what she’d seen of the Inhabited and their faulty programming, and was determined to understand it better. In pursuit of this, she incorporated several Cores worth of mathematical knowledge into her being, sat cross-legged before a limbless (but still mobile) Inhabited, and slipped the ring on.

As she’d seen before, its ‘shape’ was plain and regular, the same as all the others of its ilk. The error in her modifications was plain as day to her now - had she had these Cores earlier, she would never have missed something so basic. It was all to do with order of operations, with the interactions of simple instructions to create a greater whole. She spent a timeless time distracted by the philosophy of it, then bent to her task. And bounced off it. Shhhit. She could see exactly how she needed to do it, was certain she could manage it, but couldn’t get a ‘handle’ on them. She couldn’t ‘touch’ them anymore. It was like she could ‘read’, but not ‘write’, if that made any sense. Without the Wailing Nail to give her access, she couldn’t change what she needed to, and besides that, without the Thumbscrew to broadcast her changes she’d be working on one at a time. What a damned hassle this all was! And time was against them - even if in this dark world she had all the time she could ever use, it meant nothing if she couldn’t effect change in the real world. Noostra was a time bomb, counting down until the faceless horde went wild, and even though she knew how to defuse it she may as well be hundreds of miles away!

(That would probably work… but you need to gain access to them, somehow. Without some kind of technological or magical support, the Inhabited (and everything else, for that matter) are write-protected. Noostra slides towards another conflict - you may want to consider your next options.)

---
There were lots of Skillcores to be dispersed, and the Horde was getting full up. There were times when Cores were rejected, the three cores already contained in a Töan’s body simply not accepting another. For the most part, the Unexpectables had come to learn what they could or could not accept into themselves. For the most part, their Specialties had been settled - they knew who they were and what they were good at. But ekeing out every little bit of strength from their fallen brethren could be the difference between life and death, and so they made the best of what they had!

(Only a few core claims this time - from skimming them, they all seem pretty cut and dry. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I’ll look at them on a case-by-case basis. Any leftovers, fill up the Mooks!)

---
Söndra the Spy divided her time exploring the ruined city, asking questions, looting - and looking for . She could scarcely believe the rumour that he’d Monsterized, but they didn’t have any reason to lie to her… unless they knew. Which they couldn’t. The brutes wouldn’t allow her free movement like this if they knew. So she played her part, and she left her little trail. A quirk, no quirkier than anything the others were doing. Far less, really. So they ignored her, and she watched and waited. Waited for… something.

(Söndra leaves a trail…)

---
Pythag the Honorable had lived and changed. He divested himself of his armor and bow, opting to live more simply. He affixed the Strange Saddle on his boar Ery, who accepted it without a snort of protest, despite a few perfunctory shakes of his bristles. He got the impression that the boar didn’t entirely hate wearing it. He walked the great beast around the camp, eventually arriving at the hospital. He made the rounds, eventually finding a young Tö just recuperating from her wounds. Ayo the Dreamer listened intently to his stories, wondering why the hell he wanted rid of his equipment.

After a surprisingly deep conversation, she accepted his offer to become his apprentice, whatever that entailed. He surprised her by telling her to start with, he was going to bequeath her some ‘starter’ equipment of much higher quality than most could dream of. But, then, she was a Dreamer, so perhaps she could. He trained her in its care and operation, and gave her education in the form of a Töan History Skillcore. She was blown away by his generosity, and eagerly assured him she would not let him down!

(Pythag gains Ayo as a squire! She gains Glory at the same rate as Pythag, and Barbed Tongues gets to effectively play her also. She is not, however, his slave, and won’t endanger herself or give away her Glory or whatever else. Mostly, I’m interested to see where this is going, so consider this an exception to the ‘one character’ rule!)

---
Snödis was ready. She’d found a clean place to operate, her crew was standing by, her sacrifices were arranged and good to go, and her mind burned with forbidden knowledge. She'd been close to being right - so close! - but she'd lacked the deepest secrets that Grimper had granted unto her. Her Off-Branding of Jö had been a failure, but this would be a success. And, unsatisfied with simply leaving it at that, she would go a step beyond, using Trinh to conduct a treatment some would consider monstrous. But she knew better. The poor Crimsonwing’s sacrifice would serve a higher purpose. She would wrest control of the slow-grinding wheels of progress and spin them, propelling herself into the future. She stripped to the waist, revealing dozens of wire-bound injuries, then folded both hands inwards, fingertips lying over her heart. She felt Trinh’s claws brushing her spine gently and shivered against the cold.

And then she unleashed the force within her, feeling her sacrifices stiffen in sudden agony before the power arced through her.

Her heart stopped, and she blacked out.

(Uh oh?)

---
Stårn the Sieger rubbed his hands together gleefully. Things were really coming together! The Önager had been disassembled, a necessary sacrifice to create something better. Small pieces of it had failed after firing at the wall, and they would have been needed to be replaced anyhow, but now they were simply thrown away - they wouldn't be needed for this new thing. His mind and his Cores reeled with the possibilities of it, and he kept having to hold himself back from too-deep imaginings; he could dream them up, but he needed others to bring them into reality.

Noggins worked on the thing with extremely mixed emotions. On the one hand, Stårn had conceived of a truly innovative death machine, and her Core was taxed creating components to his exacting specifications. On the other, the… Jaunterfly kept watching her, alien eyes completely unreadable. Every once in a while it would spring forward, tiny wings fluttering, and seize a section of the construction between powerful insectile limbs. It would scrutinize it carefully, then lick it with its long, fleshy proboscis, sealing minuscule cracks and polishing the surface to a mirror shine. Then, as suddenly as it came on, it would retract, sitting on its haunches and staring at the Carpenter. Verika, her Smithing core humming contentedly, worked on the metal bits, of which there were many. The counterweight especially was tricky, but with a bit of clever re-engineering of looted materials, she ended up with something she was damned proud of. In this way, the Töbuchet came to be. When it was done, Stårn stood back, hands on his hips, and marvelled at it. Visions of walls crumbling and defenders screaming in abject despair filled his mind, and he laughed and laughed and laughed. The others went away to attend to other tasks, and still he laughed.

(Included the clinic there because I forgot to do it last time! The Töbuchet is a heavy duty machine with a lot of power, and it’s so well built it can launch twice. Let’s also be clear here - the attack roll for the beast is to determine how much damage it does; even on a failure, you’re still going to be breaking a lot of poo poo.)

---
Somnö the Huge was a Knight, and she was a tank, but she needed something a little better than the piddly shields she’d been saddled with so far. She was also not particularly skilled in crafting, and all the actually talented people were otherwise occupied with giant siege towers and crap. However… a shield wasn’t all that complicated, was it? It was a slab of wood and metal that stopped assholes from getting to your guts. And she had all these nails she’d pilfered from Jaune - good, strong things, well made - and all these shields from the dead guys on her team. She grabbed a whole bunch of them, lined them up pretty good and just hammered the living poo poo out of them. She broke a bunch, but those weren’t any good anyhow, obviously. Eventually, others started tossing her some shields to work with, amused by her efforts. When she was done, it maybe wasn’t pretty, but it was a shield fit for her stature!

(That was fun to draw!)

---
Splut cracked his neck and relaxed as his cronies went out to follow orders. He considered the bag of Commander toys Snödis had given him, Jö’s last contribution to the war effort before his… unpleasantness. He tossed the defeated Commanders in a pile off to the side after reading up on some of their trivia (Jaune was allergic to shellfish, and was considered an excellent singer; Agenou had a large extended family, and was the author of a best-selling series of children’s books. Pap like that, useless now as leverage), but studied Sikatris’ keenly. Sikatris the Thread was a ‘mysterious and powerful Commander that preferred to work from the shadows’ - her intellect was given an 8 out of 10, her highest trait on the ‘power chart’. It further mentioned that while her strength was listed as a 2 out of 10, her ‘trickery and wisdom made her among the most powerful of our Commanders!’ Splut snorted. No kidding. He flipped through her trivia. She had two sisters (two?), she had several pet birds, and she played the cello, scaled up specially for her great size. Hmm.

They’d also grabbed a handful of Warlords while they were in there. Grimper was here, scowling villainously. Which, really, wasn’t too far off. Precious little information was given about his habits - he (and the others) were painted here as mindless goons of an evil empire. Propaganda trash, targetting children. He appreciated the logic in that, but he clucked his tongue in disapproval anyhow. A standard description was appended to each of the Warlords: “Unlike our Commanders, each unique and wonderful in every way, the Breakers of Tö live only for violence. They delight in cruelty and destruction, and in truth are meant for nothing else! Collect them and defeat them, once and for all.” His mind skipped over the grain of truth there, and he put the rest aside. They may be useful once they encounter other Commanders, as juvenile as they were.

He laid his hand on his chest and considered his Charm Skillcore. He wondered exactly how far he could push that, what sort of flexibility it allowed him. He knew instinctively it referred to social charm, rather than any sort of talismanic nonsense, but was that all it could do? He meditated on it for a while, writing some notes. In the end, he hit a stumbling block. He could not be certain whether it COULDN’T be done or whether he did not know how, but he was at a dead end. Although… he considered his notebook. The notes taken within were a drat good, if simplistic, primer for applying social engineering to interactions with the enemy. It could be useful to some of the… rougher individuals in the Horde. He clapped it shut and sauntered it over to Magda.

(Not quite a charm, but still useful! Splut produced a single one, but they can be bought from Magda for 3 Glory. Remind me to add this to the shopping list because I’ll definitely forget and am garbage.)

---
Grumbus whistled while he worked, pouring horrible goop into containers with other horrible goop to make a third type of horrible goop. He then poured the concoction into vials and jars and painted a sick looking face on them. He was whistling to try to convince himself it was working. It wasn’t working. He was plenty sure they would make people sick, but they wouldn’t explode very well. Maybe the glass would cut them and infect their blood? That would be nice. He’d put a pin in it for now.

(You whiffed it! You can try to make these better later, but currently they’re not so good. You made three, which you can disperse as you wish, but they can also be bought from Magda for 2 Glory. Remind me to add this to the shopping list because I’ll definitely forget and am garbage.)

---
Humbug and Nana worked together over the stove, putting together a delicious smelling Pötatö stew. Already curious faces were peeking towards them. Bread was great and all, but stew was a luxury. Mouths were watering, but Nana smacked away any who ventured too close. Not until it's ready!
    Cooking = 162 vs. 2d100 = 125
    Cooking Success! Ration Preserved! Highest Roll Rerolls and Adds Half!
It was ready, and it was phenomenal. The battered Horde filled themselves up on a stew made with love and caring, feeling themselves warm even with the encroaching frost. It was nice to be cared for.

---
A small group explored the city for explosives and other assorted nasty stuff. Mason the Hollerer, Waesh the Pirate, and even Starn himself were out in full force, stepping over and around the struggling Inhabited, peeking in storage sheds for… something cool and dangerous, basically? The Inhabited clutched at them as they passed, crawling after them like the world’s slowest toddlers, even after the Incantation. That was a little weird, but they were still basically harmless. The search was tough - unlike Fostis, which needed explosives for mining, Noostra was far more residential in nature. That didn’t mean there wasn’t anything they could use, however. Chemicals, heavy weights, sharp objects, anything of the sort could be used for their purposes. And so they stripped a portion of the city of basically whatever seemed useful at the time and dragged it back, envisioning all the while all the ways they could use it to cause some damage!

(Potential things to use as ammo! You can launch them as is from the Töbuchet, or use your Sieger Action to craft some proper ammunition really quickly at the time of battle. Lots of options!)

---
Gigs the Unflappable carved the arrow shaft just so, then sent it flying into an archery butt. Hmm. Could be worse. He tried again, over and over, with incremental improvements each time. He wasn’t a fletcher, but he was hardly about to let that stop him. Even a trickle of water could grind a mountain into dust, with enough time. So he drip-drip-dripped away at that rock, one arrow at a time. Eventually he had something relatively decent. Good enough, at any rate. It was a start.

(Neat. You made one, but they can also be bought from Magda for 3 Glory. Remind me to add this to the shopping list because I’ll definitely forget and am garbage.)

---
Snödis gasped back into the world and tried to sit up straight, only to be held down gently by her minders. Things felt mighty strange to her right now, and her whole body ached. But. But! She was alive! She peered down at the searing brand pressed into her sternum, felt the heat rising from it like the world’s worst sunburn. Her antennae twitched as she grinned beneath her mask, feeling the latent Monsterism pushing back against her Brand with waves of hot and cold. It had worked. She was on her way to becoming something new, something bett- hold on, antennae? She reached up against her scalp, feeling a smooth melding of chitinous plate into what remained of a few shaved areas on the back of her head. She whipped her head around sharply, almost tugging the aloe vera reservoir free of the mask, and was pleased to see two beautiful wings springing from her back. Yes, yes! She didn’t dare try to fly, but she attempted to flap. It was weak, but it was there. Her lovely win- HER lovely wings - twitched with but a thought. She stood, then clasped Trinh’s bloody claw and pumped her hand in a grateful shake, twirling to get the full effect.

And this was just the beginning! Her Brand would keep her safe from the worst effects of the transformation, and her integration with her implants would only improve with Rampancy lighting her veins aflame. What a wonderful day! What a wonderful world!

(Snödis is a crazy person. The Crimsonfly dies in the process, but it is succesfully melded to her. Snödis is now Branded, locking her HP at 1. However, when they turn, they’ll retain their sanity. It also increases your chances of not dying outright - which, yes, could leave you Branded but not a Wendigo, though that’s unlikely. Her Somawire struggles against the changes, but is unable to ‘fix’ her. She is in near-constant discomfort as a result, but luckily she’s slightly unhinged!)

---
Still others searched the hospitals and clinics and apothecaries of the city, fending off the increasingly annoying incursions by the Inhabited. There was no question about it - they were getting more hostile. No time to waste, then. The scavengers scattered, then returned with whatever useful tidbits they could find - if they were going up against the Gateway Fortress, they’d need more than bandages to keep them going. Gado in particular was on a mission - fresh off talking with Zapanda about his treatment, he had a veritable shopping list to find out there. When he asked her if it bothered her that he was looting a city to serve her needs as a scientist (though perhaps not quite that confontationally), she’d simply glared at him through tired eyes, but said nothing else. Oh well!

Tales of weird stuff came back with different groups. One hospital was empty, cleaned out of anything useful and all rooms locked down. Others still had patients, sealed into those strange pods that the children had been stored in. They were interesting, but very heavy, like they were filled with water or oil. They’d have to remain a curiosity for now, because with the city coming alive like a field after a thaw they didn’t have time to muck around.

(Have a bunch of medical stuff! You found two Zephoo thread, 1 Bligefåan, three Scolopherine, two Heartshock Tablets, and three Clean Bandages. You recovered enough of it that some is available from Magda, for a price: Scolopherine and Heartshock Tablets are 10 Glory, and Clean Bandages are 5. The other ones are too rare, evidently. Gado recovers the ingredients he needs, allowing him to continue purchasing stuff from Zapanda which is good because if he didn't he'd onlyhave two uses left)

---
A handful of the Horde was still wounded, and those who had participated in Snödis’... experiment were stunned and anemic. Despite the fact that Ringo had been one of these, he helped take care of the others, cauterizing wounds with a grace that bordered on unTöan. Gryph was happy to have him help, but he couldn’t help being distracted watching him work. Back to business. Zapanda had sunk into her work once again, not speaking to anyone, which was just as well - he had other things on his mind.
Unbelievably, they’d done it. The Horde was back in full fighting form. And with the new equipment stolen from Noostran hospitals, they were better off than they’d ever been. Besides, you know, the dozens of casualties… whatever. He’d done his best, and his crew had done an excellent job in helping. Small victories were still victories.

---
A sudden massive boom and clatter saw everyone scrambling for the square and safety. There, they found Grimper covered in dust, looking annoyed, and a building freshly demolished and on fire. The Warlord’s Corona blazed with heat, but it gradually diminished as they came towards him. “Okay. Oookay. One of these masked freaks just stabbed me in the calf with a broken pipe. Magda says she had no idea why the Wailing Nail didn’t just kill them all outright, and I believe her. So something is very strange here, but honestly I don’t have the time or the energy to give a poo poo what it is. The city is waking up, boys and girls, and we can’t just spend the next month here wiping out every last wooden bastard. We’re on a deadline, which I’m sure your Captains have relayed. So pack up your poo poo, we’re moving out.

A murmur of concern rippled through the crowd. Could it be that the Warlord intended to head for the Gateway right now? He held up a weary hand. “I’m open to suggestions. The Gateway is our top priority, but anything else you’ve got, any brilliant plans that can overthrow their armies, would be appreciated at this juncture! Where the hell are we going to go now?”

[HORDE VOTE]
  • Head to Teret
    “The Regency Councilman informed me that sleeper agents of Tö are located in Teret. Teret is a coastal community, a big ship building area. The Gateway Fortress is down the River Fist, and can technically be reached by boat, but it’ll be a one way trip for the boat, if you catch my drift.”
  • Head to Ohl
    “Ohl has more sleepers. It’s nominally in a desert, but with winter coming it’ll be cold as hell there. Sand and snow together is just a wonderful combination, believe me.”
  • Head to Sinter
    “Sinter is in the armpit of Frö. There’s no other way to put it. Expect hermits, swamp dwelling crazies, and a lot of half-frozen mud. I have no idea at all why our goverment has spies stationed there, but stationed there they are. Better be something worthwhile under that mud...”
  • Head To Skellivanch
    “Skellivanch is way in the other direction, and we know precious little about it tactically. They had a Wendigo attack way back when. Because we’re not sick of Wendigos already, right? Right!?”
  • Head To The Gateway Fortress
    “It’ll be a drat risk, but it needs to be done at some point. If you think we can do it, if you have the balls to try, we’ll go for it.”
  • Head to Fostis or Nagel or Noostra
    “And don’t let me hear any jawing about heading back to Fostis or Nagel or staying here. We’ve overstayed our welcome as it is, and we sure as hell don’t want them to send a Butterfly Corps with firebombs to just wipe the city entirely and blame it on us. Who knows with these savages?”
  • Something Else
    “Well? What else you got!?”

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 19, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

(d6+3)

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+55), E̸n͜҉̛͡ģ̛̕i̡̕͟͡͠n̢͘͢e̶͝e̵̵̡͢ŗ̕͏í̶̧͞͡n҉̴̢́̕g̷̛͢ (+50)
Glory: 0->1->2(Honkobonk glory on DK's part)
Breaker's Hand Action: Once per combat can make an additional roll to build fortifications or create siege gear.
Breaker's Hand Bonus: Double the bonus on consumables used for violent combat.
Mutation Countdown: [x] [x] [x] [ ] [ ] (Destination vote doesn't tick down infection by word of dog.)

Zapanda wasn't exactly happy that Gado had brought her supplies, but she seemed to be doing things with them, so at the least it looked like production could continue.

Pulling his scarf tightly around his neck, Gado raises a hand "We're going to need way more people bodies that we have right now to take the Gate, and if Ohl has the most? Then that's where I'm voting we head."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 25, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cosmetic:

HP 2/2

Glory: 20≥12≥10≥7≥8 (5 goo glory, 3 Hat thanks, 2 to the Ringo ascension fund, 3 to thank Neebs.)

Ritual Glory : 1

Skill: Singing+20, Contortion+15, Butterfly Riding+20

Notes: Innoculated vs. Monsterism. Rolls 1d4 when exposed to monsterism. On a 1, infection remains.

"It might be nice to go to the coast, see the sea before the end. A nice trip to Teret could be nice. Never seen the sea. But then, we've seen lots of new things recently, havn't we? More bodies night be more useful. Ohl..."

Hob looked down at the thin material of his harness, imagined the cold of a night in the winter desert.

"I vote for a boat ride in Teret."

"Oh wait, an OG administrator? That sounds great! Then we can get a boat later."

Also passing 2 Glory to Ringo to make him ascend quicker.
Also passing 3 Glory to Neebs for all the nice drinks and healing.
Also passing flag back to Snodis

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 22, 2018

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 4/4
Glory: 44+1 (vote)+2(hob)=47
Skill: Firestarting, Whistling+30, Surgery (cooldown)
Hotswap Skillcores: Accuracy, Pigilante Justice, Cross Stitching, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Lockpicking, Kissing, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100, may optionally reroll lowest

Ringo washed his hands, scrubbing and picking off the last bits of blood and adhesive. He felt good. It was fulfilling work, stitching wounds and setting bones. Why hadn't he applied himself to this earlier?

Hob passed by, and spoke some words of appreciation, passing a few tokens from his stash. Ringo couldn't help but like him; he'd been through hell, and had come out the other side smiling.

~~

Grimper laid out their options. Teret and Ohl were both attractive options, but one was clearly superior tactically. "We should make for Teret. Infiltrating by water sounds promising."

OOC: It was brought to my attention that Ringo actually had 44 Glory as of this turn, and I had missed a bunch. Adjusted!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
Skills: Perception +40, Smithing +55, Understanding +15
Equipment: Knight's Plate (+3), Ruddy Charger, Blixthäst (+5), Tap Root (+5), Noostran Shield, Heartshock Tablet
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails
Glory: 27 -> 28
Ritual Chits: 3 -> 4 (artwork bonus)

Noostra (Part 18): With her loyal steed, her amazing artifact weapon, her fresh suit of armor, her shiny Noostran Shield, and the Heartshock Tablet she'd snagged from the hospital, Verika was ready for anything.

"Sinter," Verika voiced as a knee-jerk reaction. "They sound like our kind of people."

She thought about it for a scant second longer.

"On second thought, let's not go to Sinter. They're probably more trouble to take over than they're worth. I vote we go to Ohl next and recruit more Unexpectables!"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
//
HP:3/3
Glory: 5
Bluffing +25
Charm +25
Camouflage +15
Planning +10 (Unused and uninstalled)
Ritual Glory: 5
Infiltrator Captain
Ascended

He weighed up the options with care: the port would have more use of its sleepers in situ, Freezing mud would delay the Unexpectables unacceptably. That left... "Ohl. Hopefully we can subvert some of the locals."

INFILTRATOR STASH
From Splut:

From Humbug:

From Waesh:

From Gigs:

From Marra:

From Hat:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

// // //

Name: Waesh
Skills: Piracy +20, Grappling +20, Romance +10
Glory: 2 -> 3

Dog Kisser posted:

“The Regency Councilman informed me that sleeper agents of Tö are located in Teret. Teret is a coastal community, a big ship building are-

"Teret! We have to go to Teret, mateys! Oh, it has been so long since I've seen the sea!"

---

Some brief book-keeping business: My inventory is full, so I'm going to pass off the sacrifice bottle to any of the other infiltrators if they want it.

Anyone in the horde can take a pile of sharp stuff if they want to build something useful out of it!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crossbow
Other stuff Cosmetic

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging (in use), Cleaning, Imagining
Glory: 25

"Warlord, we need every advantage we can get if we want to capture Gateway. Let's Head to Teret and use it as a staging area for the assault but send our Infiltrators to Ohl or Sinter to retrieve our agents to bolster our numbers. We've taken too many losses and need to replace our fallen comrades."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Skillcores: Disapproving Poetry +40 , Fashion +30, Secretly Murdering Innocents + 10
HP: 3/3 (3 wire)
Glory: 0-> 1
Ignomity: -18
Ritual Glory: 9
Banner Bonus: ??
Doomsday Timer: [x] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o]

--

Snödisfly chittered excitedly as it woke, spreading its... her, antenna to take it the bright new, old world.

"tktktktktTrinh! tktktkThank you. Dack. Asstusss.. Hobhob."

Her proboscis tongue smacked her lips, lapping töan blood red nectar stains from her latest meal. "Ringo" she vocalized, gleam in her eyes only somewhat madder than usual. "Good good. We progress, we transcend. Soon. Soon. Now, move out with hordeswarm. Find sleepers, agents, monsterists. Find my Tö-pain."

"Where though? Where.. Teret, ocean, we swim and we fly. Sinter, spawning grounds. From there we can thrive.
Skellivanch, rampancy. Only here we Evolve. My vote for then for Skellivanch, written in bold."

Tktktktk.