Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

This bit of my post done got hijacked to make it easier to manage item cards!

Weapons

Armor

Items

Mounts

Grimper

Fragments

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [Unavailable Next Turn]
HP: 3
Glory: 0 -> 1
Horde's Glory/HP Count

Momma Gabo may have raised a dummy, but she'd raised a slippery one! Gado had always been good at squeezing into places he wasn't meant to be, and what was a fortress but a larger version of Momma Gabo's treat cupboard?

Hefting his mighty stick, Gado charges at the gate and swan dives toward the base of the thing. His stick isn't exactly a blur as he digs, but the runt does his best at bypassing the gate.

Warlord Grimper might have said to smash on through it, but giant doors are hard to make, and it's much harder to defend a fortress when you've smashed down the first line of defense!

e: I did roll :v:, accidentally deleted my blurb at the end via overzealous undo.

Digging Under that gate! 1d100+10=35.
Glory becomes 1.

Astus posted:

Also, clearly we are Old Warlord Grimper's Tunneling Circus at this point.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dog Kisser posted:

Check out the end of the first post, my man!

:kimchi:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

CourValant posted:

Can someone help me with the image posting part of this?

You have a space in your first [img] tag.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Scribbleykins posted:

That's not the issue he's having - I had the same thing happen to me. It's probably some feature designed to draw hits to the photobucket site by making it impossible to link directly to the image itself.

Save on stress and just use the image you'll be provided by DogKisser, Cour.

Ah yeah, that's kind of obvious in hindsight haha. Painkillers~ This was a mix of me uploading the image to imgur and then copy/pasting it into the [img] tags to post like below and then immediately forgetting I'd done so and reverting to advice :v:.

https://i.imgur.com/kaOtnf7.jpg

If you really need an image right now.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [Unavailable this turn]
Glory: 1 -> 2
Horde's Glory/HP Count

High on the triumph of defeating one inanimate object and hungry with a new found lust for victory, Gado raises his shoddy weapon and charges at the Horde's new wood based foes. Digging is tiring work however, and Gado barely reaches his enemy, weaponized twig barely making a sound as it bounces off the targets.

Combat!!! 1d100+1= 5

:negative:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [Unavailable next turn]
Glory: 2 -> 3
Horde's Glory/HP Count

Gado gives a thankful nod to his fellow soldiers offering aid "That could have gone better, yeah." Rubbing at his now slightly dented chest wasn't exactly helping things, so someone with actual "medical training" is an amazing turn of events for the digger.

Snödis on the other hand gets a disdainful glare, but at least the distraction of being annoyed is enough to occupy his mind over obsessing about his bruised chest.

Downtime: Foraging Digging for tubers to supplement our ration supply.

Once he's cleared by the healers, Gado meanders out into the camp to observe what everyone is getting up to. It takes a while for him to figure out where he can help of course, the camp is already cleaned and set up for the most part by the time he's active, but he is able to help the cooks out to some degree.

It isn't wise to wander too far away from camp, but Gado knows there's food to be found in some extremely odd places. It takes a while, and he doesn't turn up as much as he'd have liked, but eventually Gado wanders back into camp with a few armfuls of mismatched tubers and other root vegetables to be tossed in the stew pots.

Strategy
When Gado eventually joins a conversation as to what the horde's next move should be, it's hard for anyone to be surprised when he raises his dirt stained grabbers and shrugs "If there's holes to be dug, we should Dig Some Pits. You can never go wrong with a good spiked pit!"

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 23, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Dofro
"I was thinking about going and poisoning some horses to make myself feel better. Wanna come with?"

WereGoat posted:

Name: Hob
"We shall slay the foul horse beasts!" He proclaimed, posing with his stick rapier. "With poison!"

These are no longer valid plans for y'all with Ringo having rolled to claim the difficulty 1 closed task.

For Scoping Them Out Shiny, Qwäg, Agile, Humbug and Hat filling 5/5 slots.

Intercepting has Gigs, Mason, and Biggo, Dofro filling 4/10 slots.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 23, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [Unavailable next turn]
HP: 2
Glory: 2 -> 3
Horde's Glory/HP Count

Gado is off busy wallowing in the dirt as he is wont to do, when out of the blue the sword bearing Noggins begins to call out orders. Gado isn't exactly sure how well the Distraction will work, but every concert needs a Mosh Pit dug right?

quote:

Changed from digging to distracting Digging a Mosh Pit for the Concert Distraction 1d100+2=22

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Is this true?

Poison, Scope, and Intercept are all listed as Closed Conflicts.

Dog Kisser posted:

Conflict Resolution
The Horde can divide itself as they wish to attack several objectives at once, with each player rolling their action to contribute. Objectives are given numbers that represent the relative difficulty - and also how many d100s the Horde has to beat. Conflicts can be Open or Closed to indicate whether or not the Horde can just pile onto the challenge to overwhelm it. You can usually throw more bodies at an army to beat them down; on the other hand, a small stealth mission won’t benefit from too many people. Closed Conflicts are surrounded by brackets [like so].
    EX: WIN THE PIE EATING CONTEST - Difficulty 50
    12d100 vs 50d100
    EX: CLIMB THE WALL - [Difficulty 5]
    Max of 5d100 vs 5d100

Dog Kisser posted:

• Scope It Out - [Difficulty 5]
    “The caravan is coming down the road, but we don’t know nearly enough about what to expect from it. A couple of you guys ought to go out and check it out.”
  • Intercept Them - [Difficulty 10]
    “A group of you could intercept them. Slow them down, ask them a few questions. Pretend as though you don’t hate their guts if you need to.”
  • Poison Their Horses - [Difficulty 1] Deadly
    “This is a dangerous mission, I’m not going to lie. If any among you think yourself capable, taking out their beasts of burden when they rest would effectively ruin their caravan.”

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging
HP: 2
Glory: 3->4
Horde's Glory/HP Count

Once the screaming has stopped and the only movements from the enemy is their dying twitches, Gado does what comes natural and begins to rifle through the pockets and packs of the deceased. As much as he loved digging with his hands or a half rotten stick, some proper tools were probably in order!

Looking for tools, preferably of the digging kind! 1d100=98 or 108 if I can justify Digging as Digging through people's pockets/packs :v:.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging
Glory: 4->5->0
Horde's Glory/HP Count

Content with his find from in the corpsetravaganza, Gado is a little confused when he looks up to see one compatriot dead on the floor and another terribly brutalized, but its hard to complain when a Warlord three times your height and infinitely stronger than you does something.

Downtime

The last time the horde had plopped down for a rest, Gado had tried his best to stretch the rations the crew were using, but his efforts had been relatively bland. Seeing Biggo tenderizing some choice cuts of meat, Gado approaches and with a muffled cough asks "Did you have plans for cooking that... or?" With no immediate plans in sight, Gado does what he, questionably, does best and begins to hollow out a pit in the ground to contain a fire for the meat to roast in.

Trying to add Highest roll rerolls and adds half to the same 1 ration that Biggo is working on. Making a Pit Barbecue 1d100+14= 97

Rituals

Gado isn't particularly trustworthy of Magda initially, but she does have the same freaky glow going on that Grimper did, so she couldn't be all that bad! When the topic of what Good ol' Magda can do for the horde comes up, Gado is one of the first to volunteer, if tentatively at first. "I know we did well in our first few tasks, but it seems like things are gonna get harder going on. We're not gonna get anywhere without the skills to support us. If most of us add one or two glory to the pile, we'll have these rituals knocked out right quick!" Turning to Magda, Gado gives the Nailsmith a halfhearted nod "You take what you need to get that Harvester’s Grim Duty ritual started! The more skillcores we have the less likely we are to die!"

Gado'll give his 5 Glory to the Harvester’s Grim Duty Ritual. We technically have enough Glory between the whole horde to knock all three Rituals out right now, but I doubt folks'll wanna do that haha.

Horde Vote

It's not much of a choice for Gado when he's eventually consulted about where the Horde should go "We need to head to the mines! There's all kinds of goodies to be found in a mine! We should head for Fostis right away."

Story Time

Gado isn't a particularly knowledgeable sort, so he's perfectly happy to plop down among the growing crowd of horde-mates at Grimper's feet, hoping to learn something about the Monsterism they would have to be dealing with.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Daaaaaaaang! If this is what Monsterism does to you then sign me up :v:.

Dog Kisser posted:

Yo treat yourselves to +2 Glory. also, gross

Monsterism story update today at some point, actual update tomorrow.

Gawp and Flipit should also have +1 Glory for inheriting Glory Mooks. Flutter would have also had one, but uh SQUISH.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [Available Next Turn]
Glory: 0->1

Grimper isn't even done bringing up the possibility of causing an avalanche before Gado has bolted out the staging area to find a nice high cliff face to drop on some unsuspecting people. It was one thing to tempt a digger with the possibility of going down into a mine to dig around for ore, it was another thing entirely to bring up to possibility of changing the landscape entirely.

Armed with his new pal the Mad Mole, Gado spends a good while trying to find a particularly crumbly bit of the surrounding potential rock slide. Once he'd found something to satisfy his requirements, he simply pointed and gave the Mad Mole a pat on the head "Now you go on and wreak havoc and destruction for me ok? I need to impress Grimper and the rest and you're my ticket for that!"

Cause an Avalanche [1d100+++ closed test] 1d100+25(madmole bonus)= 42 :negative: Rip Gado

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 2, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [on cooldown Next Turn]
Glory: 1>2

"Hm." Gado had been absolutely sure that was going to work, but having seen the results he's a little taken aback. In hindsight he probably would have done better if he'd had a skill core relating to animal training, but that was a thing to ponder on in safer times.

Having avoided being long distances Grimped, Gado makes his way down the cliffs he'd set up on and seeks out the rest of the mountain crew.

When Mason slurs out the suggestion that they should break into the explosives shed, Gado is more than enthusiastic to help. It takes a few moments, but Gado manages to dig some divots in the ground for folks to brace against before smashing Mason's head into a door, and with that he takes a grip n one of Mason's shoulders and prepares to smash down a door, it couldn't be that hard afterall, a door was basically just a tiny gate!

Mason Battering Ram: Smash down that gate door 53

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 4, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [avaliable next turn]
Glory: 2->3

"All things considered that could have gone worse!" Having not triggered some bizarre explosive chain reaction through bashing down the storage shed door and in light of the successful bombardment, Gado takes his time meandering the streets in search of something worth taking.

It doesn't take long for a treasure to show up that Gado is supremely interested in, the trio of mining skill cores just laying there to be taken are too tempting.

Looting a Mining Skillcore 38

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (On cooldown), Mining

Gado stays face down in the dirt until Grimper has stomped away, not wanting to raise the ire of the warlord further he simply begins to scrape away at the ground pathetically afraid for his life. The resulting hole isn't much to speak of, but he only has so much time to devote to the task and so he moves on. [Digging Hole 1: 32]

Arms tired from the constant scraping motions of digging, Gado changes tack and begins to use the tip of his trusty wooden stick to practice the new talents granted to him by his skillcore. It doesn't go particularly well. In theory he knows you need to brace a mine shaft to stop it from collapsing, and that you don't normally dig them directly down, but it's a learning experience he'll hopefully be able to use in the future outside of this pathetic hole in the ground. [Mining Hole 2: 16]

Having given his Dig muscles a respite, Gado enthusiastically tears into the ground with renewed vigor, the resulting hole is a good deal better than his first attempt. [Digging Hole 3: 57]

It's halfway to dawn when Gado decides to give the mining business another shot. Spending some time collecting more sticks and other such necessities, Gado goes about creating his new angled hole, bracing the roof with sturdy branches where possible, it goes quite well! [Mining Hole 4: 82]

The downside to getting into the mining groove is that your digging headspace gets all messed up! The last of his potential graves is probably the shoddiest hole he's ever dug. The only sound echoing out of it come morning as Grimper approaches is the litany of Gado's panicked curses. [Digging Hole 5: 20]

Holes

:rip:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 4

Shiny's appearance and subsequent help in digging out his punishment holes is a breath of fresh air, It's very clear Gado isn't doing so well under the pressure of potentially getting Grimped. There's a razor edge of panic in his voice, but Gado's voice still manages to come out in a resolute whisper "If I manage to stay alive tomorrow, I've got your back going forward, no questions."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 4

Tears begin to leak, quickly filling his goggles. Whether Gado is crying because of Humbug's disguised kindness or whether the direct insult over the Mad Mole abandoning him is unclear.

Once Humbug has sleuthed off toward his future endeavours, Gado's vigor is restored. Having gained a bone tö pick with the earth, Gado sets back into the earth like a Tö possessed.

Retroactive +2 to my hole checks I guess :v:! Gonna make this the best murderpick to have ever been Up until I get grimped in the morning.

Murder Pick is officially Just A Weapon, so if Humbug wants to retcon the gift that's cool. I'm not gonna complain about a thematic weapon though.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 14, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (Available Next Turn), Mining (Unavailable next turn)
Glory: 4->5->6(friend glory)

Gado is still huffing and puffing when he joins the ritual circle, thankfully cleaned of his overnight work. Shiny and Humbug get a pleased clap on the shoulder as greeting and a knowing nod, but the ritual is about to begin and there's not much time to sit around and chat just yet.

It's no surprise the exhausted Töan falls to the ground in the ritual's wake, the sheer volume of knowledge assaulting him, but eventually he hauls himself to his feet to go chomp down some of left over bread Patsy managed to whip up, at least it was a distraction from the odd feelings he'd had during his digging session.

Creepy Note posted:

Broke through to something today in section A3D6 - saw a flash of green and had them seal it up. You know what that means; please advise.

Skimming over the missive Gigs had found, Gado gives a little nod and flings the Bone Tö pick into the air, snatching it calmly by the handle and resting it across his shoulder. He gives a little smile toward Gigs as he casually signs up for the job "I'm all limbered up thanks to our illustrious Warlord, so if you need someone to go investigate that spooky mine secret? I'm your Tö."

Gado's willingness to immediately sign up for another important mission is a little odd, but there's some part shame over his failure on the avalanche, some part exhausted delirium, and an odd pride over his work digging punishment holes shining through in his eyes.

quote:

[*]Priority Mission: Investigate Old Guys Relic - [Difficulty 8]
Doing Mine stuff down to section A3D6 with Team Gigs 1d100+15= :siren:115:siren:(total updated to reflect effort/friend Glory) Punishments are clearly the path to being a Good Roller friends! Fail at your plan integral tasks more often!

Rationwise: Take most Rations To the victors go the spoils. They should just be glad there were some Töans among their ranks or we'd leave them nothing!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 17, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20) (Unavailable Next Turn)
Glory: 6->7

Gado lets out a sharp gasp as he wakes from his Resonation induced power nap. The odd feeling in his chest is gone, but now there's a distinct lack of Mining knowledge in his head. The Digging bit though? His mind had been expanded in ways he never thought possible! Who knew there were different types of dirt!? Giving a test grab at the ground Gado lets out a titter of nervous laughter, his hands feel tougher and it's much easier to part the ground.

Once he's calmed himself a bit and given himself a reassuring nod he calls out to Gigs "I can do a little tunneling underneath this thing to see if it's a fully contained vault or if there's a way in. It'd be good to know if we want to bring a detailed report back to Grimper. I shouldn't have too much trouble doing that, but you're the Boss right now! If you've got plans for me just tell me what to do."

Digging Under the Vault to take notes on its structure 1d100+26= 122 Gado in fine form today!

We're only meant to be a scouting team, so I feel like just writing up a report and peacing out is the Correct answer, but if y'all wanna likely get killed by Old Guy Traps I'm up for watching :v:.

Gigs has final call as far as Gado is concerned, so feel free to put my roll, sans skill bonus (102) or if you can justify the skill being used elsewhere as is, to another task if you feel like it Bad Seafood.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 19, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:swoon: This will cushion the emotional blow I'm about to recieve as I'm immediately crushed to death or irradiated by Old Guy Traps in the coming future :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 22, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20) (Unavailable Next Turn)
Glory: 7

Gado gives the wall a few more exploratory taps with the Bone Tö pick before crossing his arms "We probably have some time before Grimper gets back from his field trip. I imagine if we write up a report and bring it to Magda she might have something that'll help us crack this sucker open in a more controlled manner."

Gado paws at the pouch containing his glory tokens, sadly light on contents. "It might cost us some Glory, but Grimper would probably be happy if we got this thing open ahead of time. Magda certainly seems like she would know about this kind of stuff and working off the suggestion of a professional is a sight more unlikely to end in us all being buried alive or exploded."

Magda being a potentially safer way into the Vault came up on discord, so tossing that idea out there.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Unexpectables: C

National: L

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 23, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20) (Available Next Turn)
Glory: 7->8

Gado feels bad for Biggo and Tharbad for several reasons, forefront among them being that he's just glad Gigs saw the light and called everyone to the research angle. Digging was possible without legs, but you needed a strong set of gams to really get in there and part the earth.

Back in town Gado shakes his head "Grimper won't be happy to come back to revolutionaries having sprung up in the few days he's been gone. We should stomp this out as soon as possible."

The cave system gets a good long look and after sizing it up he shakes his head "Just dropping the caves on them is tempting, but if there's more Old Guy vaults down there I don't want to be reaponsible for sealing those off."

The Bone Tö Pick his hefted across his shoulders and Gado finds himself pointed in the direction of the FFA's hideout "It's best we stomp these guys out the old fashioned way, and hey as a bonus we'll get some free skillcores out of it."

Raid The Caves - Difficulty 20+ Threat 10
1d100+7+2= 65

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20)
Glory: 8->9->4->0

Gado is a little unsteady as the volunteers to fight the FFA gather, but something comes over the miniature Horde as they set off on their hunt. The nails binding them seem to be a guiding hand as the Töan force meets the FFA and the precision with which they strike into their foes is a little sickening.

Gado stumbles away from the scene of the combat, a little sick to the stomach at the ease with which hos pickax split skulls, but his queasy guts don't stop him from picking through the corpses in hopes of finding a replacement skill core for the one that merged with his original.

Finished rummaging through the veritable smorgasbord of skill cores, Gado turns to Digging through the pockets of the dead. It isn't long until there's a fine assortment of gold and jewels laying in a pile on the floor. It turns out working in a mine let you stash away a fine assortment of trinkets for spending. Sizing up the piles, Gado peers at the largest one. It wasn't something most soldiers would be interested in, but Shiny would probably appreciate the nice glint of light bouncing off of freshly minted coins. He did owe her for her help in Grimper's Punishment after all.

Back in the town proper Gado approaches Magda's cart and slaps down a handful of Glory tokens "One of these free armors would be appreciated, but if it isn't too much trouble could we bring the cut in?"

As he waits for his assigned gear Gado spots an old friend "You!!!" Fishing out the rest of his Glory Gado slides it to Magda "The Mole too please. We have unfinished business him and I."

quote:

Gado would like Free Armor

Action: Digging through spoils of war for the Loot 30

Free: Claiming a Mining Skillcore: 1d100=59

Free: Claiming a Scarf: 1d100=4

Gado will spend 5 Glory to re-buy the Mad Mole

Gado would like to improve his Free Armor to be a + 2 leather jacket of some kind, so -4 Glory.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 31, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Got to talking on Discord and DK has declared :siren:Skillcores are a once per opportunity free roll:siren:. It now no longer eats your downtime action to pick one up, so you can loot actual items or do your normal downtime stuff.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 31, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20), Mining (+10, unavailable next turn.)

Gado has a long night counting through his small pile of riches, these would make a good pay back gift for Shiny when they say each other again. He's about to turn in for a nap when Magda begins screaming bloody murder about needing to go! Go! GO!

Bursting out from his little hovel Gado immediately begins screaming orders at the Nailed Fostisians, calling for former Miners to come to his side and directing them in assisting with packing up the Unexpectables many belongings. Not particularly fond of the idea of disappointing Grimper again Gado is bouncing heel to heel near the edge of town, ready to take off in a sprint once everything is finished being packed.

quote:

(36)- Ordering around a Nailed Mining Crew to help with our packing so we can get Sprinting all the faster.

It looks like we've got close to 70 folks in Fostis, so a sprint with Glory included shouldn't be too tough.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20- Unavailable next turn), Mining (+10 Avaliable next turn)
Glory: 1->2

Gado simply stands in shock as the cacophany of terror comes skittering around the corner. It isn't until Noggins charges down the loudest one, leaping up onto the thing like a Tö possessed, that he snaps out of his stupor.

Noggins wasn't going to take that thing down alone however, reaching into his coat Gado pulls out a wriggling tied of bag and gives it a few shakes before charging forward a few steps and swinging the Bone Tö Pick in a powerful arc at the wall, digging out a large gouge and sending splinters of stone into the Loud Wendigo's guts alongside the bloodied pickaxe.

With an entrance made, Gado snarls at the little bundle in his hand "Now go make yourself useful this time!" He pulls the tie from the bag and puts the opening up against the Wendigo's wound, releasing an incredibly irritated MAD MOLE to dig its way to freedom, straight through the innards of the enemy.

Digging to attack the Loud Wendigo: 1d100+1+2+20+25= 82

The Mad Mole is expended once again. :rip:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20- Available next turn), Mining
Glory: 2->3

Gado stumbles back from the hideous beast, the Mad Mole left inside the Wendigo to tunnel to safety through its sound muffling guts. Gado on the other hand falls to the ground his hands clasped over his ears in a feeble attempt to block out the cacophony. The Loud and Laughing beasts had to go if there was any hope of the horde regrouping.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 9, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20), Mining (+10)
HP: 1/3

Woof. Gado isn't doing too hot in the aftermath, but he supposes it could be worse. He could be one of the steaming piles of gore that was all that remained of the less vocal horde members.

No time to complain though! Life in the horde demands you be moving ever forward. Gado isn't exactly the brightest bulb, but he has been blessed with a lifetime under a physical skillcore and he knows how to use his muscles. Rather than attempt to do any of the actual healing, Gado goes about loading the wounded onto makeshift stretchers and moving them where they need to be. He spends time sorting out the lightly wounded and making sure those who are on death's door get first shot at some proper treatment.

Doing Triage to help the Healing effort.= 79

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 4->0

In between his hours of hauling around the injured Gado takes a brief moment to approach Magda's cart, a pensive look on his face, obscured my his mask of course but there.

The horde wasn't in a good place at all, they needed to become more than they were. The nail currently jabbed in his shoulder had been a start, but it was clear they needed more. Digging through his pouch Gado pulls out 2 Glory tokens and drops them in the nearly half full container for Luck's Fickle Gaze

Not twenty feet away from the cart after depositing his donation, a delayed shiver of fear shoots up the Digger's spine. The power of monsterism was terrifying when left to it's own devices, but what if the horde harnessed it for their own gain? Gado is more hesistant as he approaches Magda's cart again, but in the end he drops the last 2 of his Glory into the jar for the Monsterist's Enervating Brew.

2 Glory each to Luck's Fickle Gaze and Monsterist's Enervating Brew.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 0

There are only so many times you can move around a body until everyone is where they need to be, so relieved of his part in helping out the healers Gado goes off to help with the skillcore removal process from the enemy soldiers.

Hunched over a body he stops and listens to the mass of information being fed to him by the nail in his shoulder. Don't damage this bit, for an optimal removal pull this part off first. It's work best left to the surgeons, but Gado has never had problems digging holes in any natural material before and the flesh in front of him parts as easily, if much more messily, than any dirt would.

Plucking out the prize was easy enough, but he could see the Precision core clearly and it occured that several people in the horde may want it. Taking out a handkerchief from one of the pockets in his new coat he begins to wipe the thing down in preparation of preserving it.

With his work done over the enemy corpses Gado joins Hob at Grimper's pain relief session, the warlord downing prodigious amounts of booze. "I'm pretty interested to hear about that myself. Resonating hurt like hell, I thought I was dying for a minute there, but I'm twice the Digger I used to be, so I can't say it wasn't worth it. If there's a way to make us all strong like that it's probably something we should know about."

Free skillcore roll: Rolling Digging to extract skillcores and preserve Precision 105

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Noticing a few "If Glory is added result is x" notes or just straight up rolls with glory added on every loot cycle so, for the sanity of the people counting, reiterating that :siren:You don't add Glory to Loot rolls:siren:. An applicable skill is fine, but Glory is excluded to keep things fairer for people entering the game late or coming in with a fresh character after theirs died.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 12, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20), Mining (+10), Precision(Held)
HP: 3/3

Gado's cheeks blush, thankfully for his sanity concealed under his mask, as Grimper lifts him by the arm and proceeds to manhandle him in every direction in front of the horde, but his embarrassment is soon over as he's flung off into the distance, crawling back to his makeshift cot to be attended to whenever a medic had time. They'd learned some interesting facts about resonation that could be put to use immediately.

The Luck's Fickle Gaze ritual comes and goes in a flash, some seem to be still taken aback by the pain, but between his near death and subsequent return to health, having been hit and tossed around by Grimper and his miniature heart attack/resonation episode Gado seems to be coming to terms with pain disconcertingly well.

Since it seems like the horde isn't going anywhere in the immediate future, Gado takes a load off and unwraps the odd skillcore he'd pried out of the fleshy confines of the enemy. It was certainly pristine looking, more angular than any other core he'd seen in the past, but his gut feeling about it said it wasn't to be. He didn't exactly want to just give the thing away for free, it had taken a lot of work to get all the gristle off, so Gado wandered off into the crowds in search of a prospective buyer.

Noggins the Carpenter wandered into Gado's line of sight at some point during his stroll and inspiration struck. "Noggins! You look like a Tö who could use a skillcore! I happen to have a nice little Precision core here that could probably help with the whole, uh-" he gestures at her eye patch "-depth perception thing during your day to day." Rolling the core idly in his palm Gado gives a little nod "I know you like to hoard your Glory, so I wouldn't ask you for that, but if you have some stuff you'd be interested in trading you've got first dibs before I try and rustle up a little bidding war over this thing."

Later in the afternoon Gado eyes Grimper and Zapanda's confrontation. If he'd been in a better mood he'd have probably jumped to to her aid, but frankly the doctor had failed to help enough of his hordemates and now was delivering the bad news about the Wendigos in the horde. His patience was strained, and so Gado turned away and began to sift through Doctor Zapanda's research in an attempt to find something Grimper, or better yet the horde's healers, would be interested to learn.

quote:

For Zapanda Let her die who needs her when we can-

-go through her research and become better healers ourselves! Data Mining Zapanda's research for information we can use to further The Plot!1d100+10= 107

Selling the Precision skillcore to Noggins we worked out a deal ooc. Gado gains 1 BALLER rear end SCARF.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 15, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

WereGoat posted:

Name: Hob
Waiting in line at the carts, he wondered if he could Snag a nice scarf or if they would all be gone by the time he got to the front.
note; if Hob gets a scarf but Gado doesn't, transferring to Gado

The Lord of Hats posted:

Noggins
Her train of thought fell off a cliff as she saw Hob approach Zapanda, clutching a fresh shield in his hands. But... he'd said he had the bow instead when he'd given her his old shield, right? Why would he need the--no. No. Nonononono. He had been safe. He had been safe! HE HAD BEEN SAFE! Noggins felt her heart and stomach plummet. She felt like she was going to throw up. Why? Why did this always happen? Why couldn't she protect a single person?

It was an impressive display of pure mercantile courage that Gado was able to approach her with an offer, but while she stared blankly at him during his pitch, when he was finished she immediately unwound her scarf--fine wool, the most wonderful thing she had ever worn--and handed it to him. She didn't deserve it. Not right now. Not when she had failed so disastrously.

It took a while, but Hob is technically responsible for getting that scarf to me! Good job Hob! :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 1

Gado is a little upset with himself for taking advantage of Noggins' shaken state, but the luxurious feel of the scarf as it settles around his neck if enough to soothe away his hesitation for the moment.

Meandering around and sifting through the the research documentation is getting a little dull and Grimper still seems to be in a talkative mood, so the Digger begins to wrack his brain for topics the Warlord might expound about. It's been a good few weeks since the horde has had so much time to just sit around resting and so Gado's mind drifts back to a surprisingly spotty past.

quote:

(Grimper is willing to talk about anything bolded in the text in this or earlier updates. I think I flagged everything interesting, but I’ll consider other topics that get traction.

Dog Kisser posted:

Gado the Digger

Dog Kisser posted:

Gado the Digger

Dog Kisser posted:

Gado the Digger

Dog Kisser posted:

Gado the Digger

Dog Kisser posted:

Gado the Digger

"Huh." Under his mask Gado's eyes narrow a touch and his brow furrows. Gathering up the few documents he's managed to rustle up, Gado slinks over toward Grimper and waits for an opportune moment to speak up "Uh... Warlord, sir. I know you're busy, but I was hoping you could fill in some holes. I'm not sure if it's the shock of being thrown around by you from time to time in combination with the Wendigo damage, but I'm having some trouble with my short term memory. If it's not too much trouble could you tell me about what you know about me?"

:v:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 15, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Just a heads up, Dog Kisser cyber bullied me into giving up some of my sweet sweet opening post snipe real estate, but I'll be keeping a running list of all the item cards in the second post of the thread. Should save some folks time instead of leafing through a bunch of pages if they know something was purchased previously and they want one too :v:.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 1->0

As the ridiculous clown of a Fro bursts from the crowd pleading for mercy, Gado shakes his head, these people had committed too many crimes for real mercy. "Heh." It takes a moment for Gado's brain to catch up with what his eyes have seen, but Harlee's pratfal has put a little grin on his face, maybe this one wasn't too bad. Hauling himself over to the Fro Harlee, he offers out a hand to help her up, his goodwill tempered with advice "We could always use some entertainers over with the healers, but keep working on it and you should fit in with some time."

There's a little ting in the air as Glory uses his thumb to flick something up toward Harlee, a Glory token flipping through the air "You should really really work on the pratfalls though."

Joke rolled an art critic= 42. Was gonna hand over a glory in a "WOW SO FUNNY" way if I'd rolled lower, but given that we're one apart I think I can still do it :v:. Exchanging the glory would totally reverse our positions though so good enough haha! Giving 1 Glory to Harlee

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 17, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Glory: 0

Gado shakes his hand violently as he pulls back, the shock having numbed his fingers "Much. The classics are always appreciated!" Having welcomed the new member of the horde, Gado immediately begins plotting his revenge. There was nothing quite like waking up at the bottom of a 20 foot pit that was stealthily dug under you while you slept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!

Gado keeps looking around the vault the horde had forced their way into in Nagel's depths, it waa impressive just as a space and that's with the contents presumably stripped away. Raising his hand Gado shouts out "I think heading back to Fostis is worth it. If these vaults are filled with such powerful stuff it's not smart to leave it laying around when we know there's potentially an enemy commander around. Siktaris can knit a mean scarf, but I'd rather she not turn the leg machine into a murder loom or something like that."