Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Name: Börk
Skills: Kissing
HP: 3
Glory: 0

simplefish fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Thanks. In joining, could I take over the mook from Line 98 in the spreadsheet (the one with the Listening skillcore)?

If so, do I come in at 3/3hp or do I need to get on the healing straight away?

I'd love a dagger if there's one going too please

simplefish fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 14, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Quick question about glory - I get that it's gained by taking actions, but does that a) mean only when rolling, b) include downtime actions (which I guess we're in now - all non-encounter time is downtime, right?)

Basically, if I do an in character post saying how Börk decides we should go back to Fostis, but not rolling anything, would I give myself 1 glory?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Brilliant, thanks!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing, Listening
Glory: 0 -> 1

Börk had always been the quiet type, preferring to kanoodle rather than converse - and Grimper's imposing presence hadn't exactly tempted him to pipe up unnecessarily or talk back since joining the Horde - and especially not since filching that Listening Skillcore; but now he felt settled enough to voice his opinion.

"I think we should return to Fostis," he began.

Although he hadn't personally seen the OG Vault in the mines there, the other Unexpectables who saw it had chattered enough about it that he understood that there had been a keyhole, and that they maight just have found the key.

"Between Wendingoes and Monsterism Torture Prisons..." He shot a deliberate look at Zapanda.
"Sorry, 'Research-Facilities-Where-Grotesque-and-Definitely-Not-Unethical-Horrorrific-Unspeakable-Vivisection-Certainly-Never-Happened'. And now we have to contend with these lobotomised, robotised killing machines? Let's look to the vaults for advantage. That's my long-term view, anyway "

That in itself would have been enough, but Börk had been listening closely to Grimper.

"And as for the immediate, when the Boss saved our backsides back there, released that Esprit or whatever - in any case, if those red bastards know we're nearby, we need to fortify because they're surely coming for us. And what better place to dig in than a mine?"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing, Listening (using)
Glory: 1 -> 2

Börk wasn't exactly pleased that they were heading back to Fostis, but at least the horde hadn't gon running off to smash themselves on possibly alerted city walls, when taking an off-guard mining town by surprise had been such a difficult task.

As for the Wendingo along the way... Well, he would keep his distance for the time being. Wendingoes scared him, and he refused to feel bad about acting on that fear. Instead of heading down the mine, he resolved to guard the wagons

He'd hoped that Vist would be taking guard duty with him - there was just something about her that suggested a natural knack for keeping attention during the long grinding hours of sentry duty - but she had immediately headed over to the Wendingo, and he wasn't going to go running after her to change her mind there.

Instead, he went over to the wagons. Neebs was already into her first drink, reclined with a good view of the wagon entries and Harlee mumming around in front of the barred doors, sipping lazily from a clay jug of what could have been scrumpy. Harlee's mirth didn't seem to be going over too well, but Neebs looked to be settling in for the long haul. That was encouraging.

Where the two ladies were seemed to be mostly focused on stopping prisoners escaping, Börk thought he would take himself to watch out for saboteurs approaching.

Börk clambered up to a wagon roof, from where he'd get a better line of sight, and listened out for danger.

------------------------------------------------------------

Guarding the wagons: 1d100+10(listening)+2(glory) = 31 (ouch)

simplefish fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 22, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

vorebane posted:

I would like to help out!

Investigate the Old Guy vault

As was said above, that mission's full, but please consider coming help guard the wagons, we've been rolling kinda low!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Don't forget to roll for your actions, and it's a good idea to track your HP and glory and stuff at the top of a character post. Also your portrait was A12, right? That's one of the Nägel Frömen, and I'm not too sure but I think those are the prisoners that Grimper got to join us, (whereas the ones locked in the wagons are the Science Team, unnailed, I think?), so think about how you got jailed in Nägel too maybe?

I dunno, I'm not the boss of you or anything, and I'm new to the game myself, and you're enthusiastic which is great, just trying to help you get up to speed and stuff

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Yeah as I said I'm not the rulesmaster or anything, not trying to act above my station or boss you around. Don't want to get off on the wrong foot!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing (using), Listening (cooldown)
Glory: 2 ->3

Börk saw several others give chase to the fleeing Froman, and got an idea - he'd circle round a different route and head the fugitive off.

But as he ran close to the lake, he heard someone yelling. Only snatches of the voice carried. "Go on... fight me... harvest... skillcores... thinks of laying... sleep..."

His ears pricked up at the woman's voice. Skillcores? Fantastic! And getting laid or sleeping with someone? Even better!

Abandoning his chase, Börk darted off the track towards the source of the shout.

He arrived behind the female Töan, who seemed to be standing over a Wendingo. At first, Börk shuddered, but it seemed to be lifeless at her feet. The familiar glint of a skillcore emboldened him, and he began to approach. Time to turn on the charm. Shirtless, he sidled up behind her and put his hands on her hips, leant in close and kissed her neck.

"Hey guuuurl, what's -"
But that's as far as he got. Next thing he knew, Börk felt a pounding in his chest; though it wasn't his romantic heart, but a well placed shove. He planted his arse in the pine needles and dirt.

Poor Börk. He wasn't normally this forward in approaching women - after all, he'd done all his kissing practice with his hand. It was only meant to be a distraction. But now he wasn't sure what he hoped Verika thought - on the one hand if she thought he was a creepy little sexually-aggressive sod, that was bad. But if she figured out what he had really been after... was that worse? He couldn't decide.

In any case, she looked more than a tad miffed.

---------
Roll to claim Perception Skillcore: 1d100+10(kissing) = 22 (ouch)

simplefish fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 25, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing (cooldown), Listening (using)
Glory: 3 -> 4

By the lake
Börk waited until Verika had turned away, then scuttled off back towards town. It didn't seem pertinent to his health to stick around any longer.

On the battle lines
The cacophony was almost overwhelming. There were so many of them! Börk felt the drumbeat reverberating in his chest, and felt a little woozy. Grimper's own booming voice didn't help - but it did at least explain what he felt: the drums would disorientate the horde if left unchecked.

Brandishing his dagger, fearless in exposing his soft blue flesh to the enemy, and with floppy fringe bobbing before his eyes, Börk charged the drummers. With any rhythm section, there would be some instrumentalists slightly out of time, or not beating as hard as the others, or having drums with looser skin dampening their effect. The difference would be miniscule, but Börk's ears were special. As he ran, he listened hard to try to single out the Frö's best drummer boys, and made them his priority.

Attack the war-drummers: 1d100+10(listening)+1(dagger)+3(glory) = 46

Unfortunately, that builder fellow who was running alongside him, screaming his head off, didn't make things any easier. But before Börk could complain to his companion, he was upon the enemy, and had no choice but to get stuck in.

Running raw dice stats: 3 rolls; min 12; max 32; median 19; mean 21
Historical glory: 4

simplefish fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 28, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing (available), Listening (cooldown)
Glory: 4 -> 5

Börk tore into the drumline - literally. While it was true that others were more effective at caving in heads, a drumskin is quite vulnerable, and a fine large round target when facing the point of a short dagger.

It had shocked him to see Grimper getting worked over so easily. The giants were fighting behind him, but Börk was drawn to look over his shoulder at the fracas, especially when Grimper took a solid blow and the nail in Börkas shoulder seemed to sharpen.

Now was the time to make a decision. Börk had planned to fall upon the String-Slayers next, but thoughts of Grimper nagged at him now. Still, that didn't make the floppy-mopped Tö suicidal.

Scared as he was of Wendingos, Börk understood their power. To be entirely fair, that was why he was scared of them. The ragdolled Frö thrown in the air in a flurry of drumsticks had left no doubt. And now there was another one - that beekeeper chap in the fancy red cap had almost burst, exploded, into his terrifying new form.

Börk was scared of Wendingos, but so should the enemy be. In this particular case, staying closer to them might be safer than not.

So it was that Börk resolved he would attack Agenou - only if both Wendingos did. Otherwise, he would continue on his way to get stabby on the String-Slayers.

CONDITIONAL attack on String Slayers or Agenou, depending: 1d100+1(dagger)+4(glory) = 40

Edit: Since Börk saw that the fearsome Wendingkes were not peeling off to attack Agenou, he picked up a second wind, and pressed his attack on the String Slayers

Running raw dice stats: 4 rolls; min 12; max 35; median 25.5; mean 24.5
Historical glory: 5

simplefish fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 2, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Since the Wendingoes have posted, gonna update my previous post - Börk keeps going for the archers, not Agenou

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing (available), Listening (using)
Glory: 5 -> 6

quote:

So it was that Börk resolved he would attack Agenou - only if both Wendingos did. Otherwise, he would continue on his way to get stabby on the String-Slayers.

Now they turned to see to Grimper. Börk cursed under his breath, hoping it wasn't too late. The old warlord had kept taking a real kicking, and it wasn't looking good.

The only small comfort was that there were now three of the hideous Wendingo beasts instead of two - but even then, they seemed to be holding back, waiting for Grimper to get on his feet again before joining his attack. Grimper mightn't make it that far if Agenou struck him while he was down - and that was a certainty.

Knowing full well what might happen to him - having seen what happened to the clown and the motormouth - Börk pulled away from the straggling archers and rushed down the hill towards Agenou. He couldn't do it for long, but Börk would try to hold back or distract Agenou long enough for Grimper to get up and attack again. Börk grimaced thinking about what exactly the gyrating giant would do to break free of his attack. It would surely involve something painful for the Tö. Hoping at least some of the horde around him would have the same idea, he attempted the impossible - being somehow more than a minor annoyance to a warlord.

Closing on Agenou, something flew over Börk's head, and he saw a lone figure beating her shield with a hammer - the catapulter and the carpenter! He thanked his lucky stars that he would not be alone, once again listening for the point in the song where it would be best to disrupt the enemy general's rhythm.

Hold back Agenou: 1d100+1(dagger)+10(listening)+5(glory) = 111

It was a good thing Börk didn't look behind him. He was scared of Wendingoes. Because coming up to drop kick Agenou was the newest-transformed one. Börk would be fighting alongside the beast.

Running raw dice stats: 5 rolls; min 12; max 95; median 32; mean 38.6
Historical glory: 6

simplefish fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 5, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing (available), Listening (available)
Glory: 6 +1 -> 8

Holy moley it worked! They'd held back Agenou and Grimper had finished him off in fine style! The old warlord was missing a hand, though...

He looked around at the destruction. And after a battle invariably came the looting.

Grabbing a String-Slinger seemed like a good idea - the horde did seem terribly short of ranged weapons. He noticed one of his hordemates had already had the same idea.

Then there was tending to the wounded. The old granny who rolled with the horde was doing a fine job. Or was she doing something with Agenou's boots? Börk's eyesight wasn't the best. The granny's companionship surprised him - what was an old lady doing fighting in a war? - but with a glance at the Slink flag flapping in the stiff breeze, he reminded himself that they were the Unexpectables, and he should unexpect the unexpected.

Speaking of which, he saw a quiet Tö slipping away. Desertion before or during a battle was understandable, as was after a defeat... But after a victory? Börk briefly considered looting what she left behind... But figured the other butterfly guy could probably make better use of it.

And what about Grimper's hand? Börk remembered Agenou casting down some complex gauntlets. Had Börk seen some of the horde tinkering with one of them? With both of them? Had Agenou even had two? Or was it one? In the fray of battle, he couldn't be sure. Probably best to leave that to Grimper to figure out getting a new hand, from Agenou's gauntlet or not, for himself; although the fleeting thought of being the one giving Grimper a new hand, the hand of his enemy no less, and the obvious warmth the act would be met and rewarded with did tempt him briefly.

Yes, there was a lot on Börk's mind, but soon he would decide what to do.

In the end, he resolved to nab a String Slinger, head back down to the elderly grandmother and help his wounded horde recover, keep his senses alert for any skillcores along the way, and maybe [b]stop by and see Magda if he had time, and when she showed up.

OOC: Rolls in my post after next

I've not rolled yet. Need to remind myself how healing works, look up that info -- and most importantly I would [b]like that clarification on the number/type of actions allowed during downtime.
If it's cleared up in Discord, please post the answer in here too.

Running raw dice stats: 5 rolls; min 12; max 95; median 32; mean 38.6
Historical glory: 6

simplefish fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 7, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

So, you've found yourself in a Downtime! Here's a handy-dandy field guide for what you can do while on downtime:

Downtime and You: A Primer on Using Your Free Time to Best Benefit the Horde

After battles and missions, Downtime can be declared. When in downtime, Hordemembers can do a lot of things for their round's action, such as:

A) help the medics through healing, entertaining, or cooking for the wounded,
B) help the cooks through cooking, hunting, or foraging for food,
C) do something to interact with the environment for self-improvement
D) do something help others/the army. (Note: contributing help to another hordemember's project increases the chance of success!)

In addition to rolling for one of the above actions, Hordemembers can also interact with each other, trade items or Glory, and buy things at Madga's Shop.

FUN FACT:
:siren: You can take an action and buy things from Magda's shop using the Glory you've just earned, all in the same post! :siren:

FUN FACT:
:siren: Skillcores "refresh" their cooldowns both before and after Downtime! :siren:

^^^ The above rule can be circumvented in the event of an Ambush. Don't let your guard down!

Healing
Healing is a Conflict between the healers and the wounded - their combined roll is rolled against d100 rolls representing the wounded. Success heals each wounded by 1 HP - and each 100 over heals an additional HP.

The Horde has ten captured doctors in tow, meaning they automatically will have 10 Healers available during Downtime.

If the initial Conflict roll of the Healers versus the Wounded fails, the healers will attempt to heal only the most gravely wounded (those with 1 hp).

Currently, the Unexpectable Horde has 114 Soldiers. 61 of them are injured, and 23 of them are at 1hp.

FUN FACT:
:siren: Mooks and inactive players do not help out during downtime. Those dirty freeloaders! :siren:

Cooking
Cooking is a Conflict between the cooks and the number of Rations they are preparing. Soldiers may choose to roll against any d100 amount of stored Rations in an attempt to prepare them. On a success, each Ration can be traded for one of these effects at the cook’s will:
  • Ration is not consumed
  • Lowest roll rerolls
  • Highest roll rerolls and adds half
Cooking effects that cause rerolls affect Unexpectables in groups of 20 or more, and last for every round of Conflict until the next Downtime.

Currently, the Unexpectable Horde has 5 rations.

Note: All the following has nothing to do with Downtime:

Loot Rolls
All Loot Rolls use 1d100(+applicable skill). Glory points are not applied to loot rolls - this keeps things more balanced for new players. As a Free Looting Action, hordemembers can roll for any one available Skillcore at the time(s) they become available. Mooks will claim any available skillcores (and surplus items) that are not rolled for in such a way.

If you have any further questions, go ahead and join the Discord to ask away!

Thanks Prince, that's really helpful. I'll update my post.

For my own reminder in future:

per downtime
- heal or cook or some other project, choose one and only one
- shopping doesn't count as an action
- one looting action if downtime comes after combat
- skillcore acquisition rolled separately to looting as soon as they become available, choose only one to roll for

Healing works as xd100 healing vs yd100 injured
Success = 1hp for all injured + 1hp extra for every 100 points we beat the "injured" roll by
Failure = reroll xd100 (healers) vs xd100 (injured) prioritising critical wounded

Cooking I'll have to get my head round later, still not 100% sure I understand that.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing (using), Listening (using)
HP: 3/3
Glory: 8

Börk looked around the archer corpses of a suitable weapon. Some of them had had their strings slashed by the Unexpectables seeking to disable the String-Slayers, but he hoped he could find one intact. Even better would be to find an officer and take theirs, he thought. Didn't posh boys always have he best stuff? Börk listened to the pitch and reverb, the decay and attack of every instrument-weapon he came across choosing the best quality .

Loot a String Slinger : 1d100+10(listening) = 89

After that, Börk headed back down the hill, to where the wounded were gathering.
"Hi Gränï," he greeted, then set to work helping. He saw her trying the old 'kiss it better' approach to field medicine, and while nobody seemed to respond well to her sloppy smooches, her hugs did help. Börk knew a thing or two about kissing, himself (and kissing himself) and joined in, aiming to heal his hordemates with a gentle kiss on their forehead and some compassionate words..

Healing: 1d100+8(glory)+10(kissing) = 32

...It seemed that a little TLC was not a particularly effective treatment for puncture wounds and blunt-force trauma.

Running raw dice stats: 7 rolls; min 12; max 95; median 32; mean 40.86
Historical glory: 8

simplefish fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 8, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Having rolled last turn to look for an exceptionally good bowharp, do I use that value or roll again?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Ah right, cool. I won't be giving myself another glory for a character post then either :v:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Skills: Kissing, Listening
HP: 3/3
Glory: 8

Börk made a beeline for Agenou's "Charm" skillcore, and stood atop the enemy general's corpse, daring any other Tö to take it from him.

Claiming Agenou's Charm skillcore: 1d100 = 69

Perhaps he should have tried to hide it instead...

Running raw dice stats: 8 rolls; min 12; max 95; median 33.5; mean 44.38
Historical glory: 8

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Quick list time, IC post to come later. I have missed a lot of skillcore rolls I think, I was mainly looking for the seating plan. Probably missed some of those too. If anyone wants to copy, correct, and tidy up the list, please do, also maybe if we are selecting things from a list in future we could fill it in as we post? Might be easier.

Smashing, (Somnö 94)
Dancing x6,
Jumping x3,
Kicking x4, (Noggins 96, Sucy 28, Ringo 49; portha 7)
Impatience,
Fearlessness, (Pythag 94)
Balance x2, (Vist 50, also vist 71? Is that allowed?; Cause 56)
Performing x5, (Marra 19)
Virtuoso, (bamboo 59)
Sniping, (Verika 95)
Slamming,
Flipping,
Yelling,
Clowning,
 Climbing

Table seats:
1 - Ringo!
2 - Börk
3 - Gräni
4 - verika
5 -
6 -
7 - snorkis
8 - Burnie
9 - Bamboo
10 - Pog

Börk sits in seat 2

simplefish fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 15, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Bork is dead

I don't really have enough time to play this, but I wanted to say to Dog Kisser that it was great fun while I could and good job running it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Glad to see you guys still going, is there a summary post to get caught up with what's happened since Börk died?