Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Hello everyone, I'd like to participate.

Filling in the mook 61 with 1/3 hp, mutation, Slinkekelomas and [blank] + jumping we get...

Name: Trinh
Skills: taxidermy, jumping
HP: 3/3
Glory: 0 -> 1

Taxidermy can be profitable if you market it right. Trinh made a good living with agressive marketing until the local mayor took offense to being reunited with his pet dögg.
Granted, Trinh had dug it from it's grave without asking for a permission but reunions are supposed to be happy, not a cause for screaming and death threats.

After months of homelessness joining the horde was the least bad option available.

---

The room was still spinning, not that Trinh was sure how long it had been since the wendigo encounter. The warlord's latest drunken speech had been the only event to pierce her feverish haze in a while. before that it is just memories of pain and... digging through someone's guts?

Trying to claim science core
: 1d100 30

MUTATION: 1d6+1 7

After a few deep breaths she manages to push herself up from the corner and heads to what looks like an infirmary. Patching up people should be the first priority and healing is basically just taxidermy on the living, right?

Helping with healing: 1d100 80

Taking a weapon(knife) for my bonus item.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

HP: 3/3
Glory: 1 -> 2

Time left before mutation: 3

quote:

“Listen - you’re going to die. I don’t mean in the abstract, I mean soon. You were bitten or scratched or touched, and now you’re on a countdown until you either become a Wendigo yourself or just loving die in agony. This is what I’ve got for you - I can Brand you, which will hurt a lot, but let you be of use to the Horde after it happens. Or you can go out into the wild, as far as you can into their territory, and hope that you turn and gently caress up their poo poo before they take you down. It sucks, but there’s nothing that can be done. I’m not letting you put the Horde at risk.”

"Y-yes warlord! I Accept the brand!" Trinh blurted out her answer before really even thinking. Not that it was much of a choice was it? She'd do anything to not be thrown into the wilderness alone.

---

Branding was the best choice wasn't it? Maybe not. As the hours passed Trinh came up with great number of better options, most of them involving waking up in her bed. Her bed, in her hometown. When she closed her eyes she could still see the flowers on the window sill, the slippers her mother had left her, smell the tannery on the other side of the river. Funny how one could come to miss even something like that. As she wrapped a new bandage on the sores on her arm she thought back on her work. Her last job had been left unfinished, lady Ästra never received her stuffed bird. Not that she needed more. The old widow just couldn't let go of a pet and always brought them to Trinh as the tiny things reached the end of their lifespan. Some said Trinh was heartless for taking advantage of the old lady's grief. That goading her to cling on to the dead was not good for her. Now that Trinh thought about it she did feel bad for the miners with their throats slit open by the stick golems.

"..."

"We̯̪̝ͅ'̟̜̙̪̜l̝͎͚l̥͉̞͉̝ ̬̹̠ͅm͚̞̫͉͍͓a̗̜͕̥̳̫k̻e ̭͙͙̬ͅi̙̦̦̜̣̻̲t͉̺̫̞.̞̭͉ D̋͛̿o̅͌ͬͣ̄nͤͨ͛̃ͬ'̃͐t͗̎ͫ̑̓ͩ w͌oͥ͛ŕ͌̌̔ͤ͑̾rͩ̂̋̃̾̓y̓̏ͭ.͒̒̑͗̆

"...Yeah." Gawp was right wasn't he? Of all the places this could have happened, it was here. "The people here know about wendigos. Let's not worry."

"Zapanda will fix everything and then we can go home."

---

As the researchers got to work on Gawp Trinh was not far behind. She'd have them cure monsterism no matter what.

"helping" the reserachers & Gawp: 1d100 + 1 38

---

Trinh is very much in favour of sparing Zapanda.

As Grimper started to get in a talkative mood Trinh made sure to ask him about Inhabitancy.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 17, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

quote:

OK

woah.

I hope you're feeling better soon Dog Kisser.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 18, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

HP: 1+1/1
Glory: 2 -> 3
Ritual Glory: 1

Time left before mutation: 3 2

Before branding:
Trinh had never really given monsterism a second thought before joining the horde. Sure some people she used to know had uneven number of fingers but nobody ever made a number out of it. But it was a disease wasn't it? Then why didn't it ever heal? Can't even the best doctors do anything about it? Was there no way out? She was drowning in questions and knew well that the only people around who could answer them quite deservedly hated her guts. Getting answers would be awkward. Thankfully Humbug was already ahead of her.

quote:

“Yes, if I had access to some blood and tissue samples of your affected soldiers, I could return them to normal. Oh, pardon - to phenotypical average."
A massive weight fell off Trinh's shoulders that moment. If monsterism can already be outright reversed then a cure for wendigos must be just around the corner as well. She needed just to hang on for a little bit longer. If it took a brand to get there then so be it.

---

quote:

"H͏e҉r̨e, ͞T͝r͝ình͘. ̕Un͠til t͠ḩe͢ t̛ìm͘e͠ c͞omes, t̛hi̷s̵ ͜shoul̡d́ ҉kee̕p͝ ͞y͏o͞u ҉sa͢fe."
"Oh thank you, er... Gawd, was it?" There was no way to forget that face but Trinh wasn't sure if she'd ever actually talked to him. "It's wonderful. Magda can't have been pleased..." Either way they were in the same boat now. "...What are you going to do once the war is over?" She looked into the distance. "I'm going to move in with my cousin until I get my business off the ground again."

---

quote:

"Gawp. Trinh. Dual Surveillance and Taxidermy - Thats almost like a surgeon, yes?. I could not ask for a better cöuple of slave-marked Neötypes for my Squadron.Truly I could not. You are beautiful, and let no one tell you otherwise.
And soon? Soon you will bloom. Now, This will be an emotional time for you, as it will for everybody. I understand that, and the rush when you Wendingöfy or Mutate to your new True Selves will be overwhelming.
But for your own twö sakes, you should consider keeping some distance from each-other when during the Ascendancy. We wouldn't want a lövers quarrel turning into a massacre, now would we?"

Trinh snaps to attention. "Do we get free stuff?"

---

Voting for returning to Fostis. We'll run into Sikatris sooner or later and whatever's in that vault could give us an edge over her.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 20, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Glory: 3 -> 4

Time left before mutation: 0

During travel
Trinh tried not to look back when she heard Qwäq collapse. The seconds dragged on. She must have just tripped. Trinh stood in place desperately waiting for confirmation. Then finally, the heavy uneven footsteps. So this is what was waiting. She barely managed to stop laughing. Good thing they had brought the good doctor along, otherwise things might have looked grim. She clutched the offical Neötype squad hat. But now that wendigoism was as good as cured getting infected had been purely a good thing. She was really moving up in the world. Time to smile and march onwards.

She was sure she would work up the nerve to look at Qwäq any minute now.

Fostis

quote:

"Trinh, Hob, your utility. We need your skills to make sure only the right people get hurt."

"Y̿̃̅͗̽̍̓̊̚̚e͒̐̑̀̊͊̽̈́̿͆s̽͒̂̆̀̎̾̈́̿͘!̛͐̑͒͒̈̉̈́̿͘"

The mystery of the vault had been haunting Trinh since it's discovery. So much that she'd been set on heading there even before Snödis asked. Sure it was dangerous but she had hard time caring right now. The worries of the world, and also her feet, felt so, so far away. Must be the captain's enthusiasm catching on to her.

JUMPing over the legslicers and other nonsense: 1d100+10+3 110

Another good roll!

Edit: forgot glory from the roll.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 21, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping(used this turn)
Glory: 4 -> 5

At the vault

quote:

"Trinh. Let me be the first to welcome you back to the world of the living. We mere baseline Neötypes are humbled in your presence, and those without our endowments, well, they must be quaking in fear or sweating with lust. You and Qwäg represent the best of us, and I for one could not be happier."

Trinh reached for her tools, the knife was smaller than she remembered but should get the skin off easily enough. Sawdust would do for filling. If only she could recall where she had left it. Wait, that thing was the captain wasn't it? It was nice to have her support but she was making mountains out of mölehills, Trinh was still feeling mostly normal. In fact, other than for the distracting headache she was feeling perfectly f̴̰͊͐̉̎͌̿i̴̧͎͚̬͖̅n̸̡̨̛̮̣̩̺̠͍̝̣̜͉̲̺̓͐̈̓̈́̌̏̓̎̀e̸̢̧̡͖̹̯̳̣̠̤͔̙̜͋̉̉́̀̇̇͆̋̉̇̃̾̀. She finally turned to really look at Qwäq for the first time since the march. Barely changed. How lucky they had been to both have gotten off with minor monsterism.

-

At the battlefield

quote:

"Trinh, We should have the drumline covered, could you make sure those archers don't perforate us on the way?"

quote:

"A̶͠R̷̛M̨̛͝S̵̵͡," she growls, cutting her eyes conspiritorially to the exotic monster Trinh beside her. "A̴̛͞RM̛͜S͏̷̀ ̵͞A͜R̸̢͘E͞ ̨ŖE̸Q̷̡U̸̡IŖ̡E̸D̶̡̛ ̡̧̛F̴҉O͘R ͝D̴R҉̢͘U̷̢MM̸̧ĮN̷͘G͠." Her Bad Right Arm writhes in agitation, spined tendrils slapping against the ground.

"À̷͉̘͇̀̉̐̌̇̽̇̎̈́̋̽͛͘y̴̡̲̮̭̘͈̿̉̔̋͊̊̀̓̅̚̕͝͝͝ȩ̶̛̛̹̣͖͕͉̲̮̭͎̝̣̽̈͂͒̑̏́̉̾́̈̃̕ͅ.̵̹̗̭̲̌̍͆̄̀̆͠͝" Trinh grabbed a small tree, and took it with her. Coming from here, the enemy would expect her to hit the front liners with Qwäq. She instead somersaults over enemy soldiers to the side where a group is making for the archers. With the tree held in front it's foliage would break the their line of sight and hopefully catch most of the arrows.

Approaching archers: 1d500+10+10+4+1 413

Jvie fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 29, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

A reminder to everyone that we have :woop:a Discord channel!:woop:
Come chat, plan and pester Dog Kisser for rule clarifications.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping(cd)
Glory: 5 -> 6

"So you think he will like it?" Trinh looked over her shoulder. What a question. Then again Valeria had never had an eye for the arts. "Of course he will. Its exactly as he ordered." She turned back to her desk. Still enough time to put in the eyes. She picked the tiny glass bauble with tweezers and raised it against the window. She paused, gazing at the sun.
The false eye fell from her grip and rolled across the floor. Her friend crouched to pick it up. "I just think you are... taking it too far this time." She reluctantly gestured towards Trinh's latest project. A diorama of pair of rats dressed as royalty pulling a wheelbarrow filled with their own bones.
Trinh snatched the eye from Valeria's hands. "No. How could he complain? It is social commentary, humor and a pet memorial all in one." She opened a drawer and drew out a small rock. One step was still missing. "I would have never gotten this far if I just did what my customers think they want." She slammed the pebble into the other rat's mouth. Stuck. With a twist the the teeth flew off and she could ram the rock down it's throat. She had to hold on to the rat with other hand to keep it in place while she pushed as hard as she could. The stiches broke one by one, and the filling spread all over her work table. Another rock went in, this one much easier than the first, then another. And another.

archers: 1d500+50+10+5+1 152

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted, cd), jumping
Glory: 6 -> 7

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Orders: ATTACK THE WARLORD!

kill Agenou: 1d500+6+1+10+10 380

Jvie fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 5, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

We're standing at 380 + 529 + 85 + 577 + 115 = 1686 for operation: kill Agenou.
Looking good but there's still room for Grimper to disappoint.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 5, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping
Glory: 7 -> 8

Agenou's hollow eye sockets stared at Trinh. She raised her hand. Even now the cooked skull was radiating enough heat to be painful to approach. She scraped the exposed... bone? The color reminded her of the olivite vault beneath the mountain. A connection? She shrugged. Probably state secrets, better to not speak up about it.
Still, she wasn't going to pass up a chance to desecrate a dead warlord. The skull had certainly captured her imagination, she really wanted to take it with her. No, too large. But maybe a finger, or a rib, or, or... Lost in a haze she took out her knife and started wildy swinging, tracing out cuts in the air despite several hordelings being right in front of her. Just cut the tendons there and... She slowed down. No, her heart wasn't in it. Something was wrong. Terribly, horribly wrong. She stared at the knife, held precariously between two nightmarish claws.

Too small.

That's right. It wasn't the tool for such an immense job. But maybe... Trinh brushed the tattered remains of hair sticking from Agenou's head. Someone so concerned with appearences wouldn't leave his shaving to someone else. Haha, yes! She flicked the tiny knife over her shoulder and madly leaped at Agenou's pockets.

Looting Agenou, hopefully taking his RAZOR: 1d100 63

Only doing looting now. I'll add other stuff later.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 8, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping
Glory: 8 -> 9 -> 10(Agenou bonus)
Ritual Glory: 1 -> 0 (fed the butterfly)

Something green poked out from under Agenou's corpse. Trinh paused rummaging through his clothes to get a closer look. The dead commander must have crushed one of his own men under him as he fell. Oh well, he won't be needing this... shield anymore.

She was broken from her reverie by Magda suddenly hollering right next to her. Oh right, Agenou is HUGE, that means he has HUGE CORES. She gleefully stuck her claw into the gash, feeling around for something that felt good.

claim Agenou's +25 Dodging: 1d100 83

A bit later...

Well that's victory. Trinh wandered the battlefield. Blood and bodies covered the earth. Glorious for sure, but something was missing, ah! She selected two corpses and set them sitting against a tree, holding each other's hands. Beautiful. Shame the piece wouldn't last.

x4
"Dack, Trinh, Qwäg and Hob. I could not be more proud of you or your accomplishments. I present this Medal to each of you for your valour in combat and your contributions to the survival of the horde.
To Victöry Comrädes, Tö Evolution and Beyond!"
"
T͉͖̜̹̟͈ͨͅo͈̳͓͕͇ͩ̿̆ ̭̩̭̍̚v̖̇i̠͓̗͍̦̠͎ͫ͜c̤̰͉̹̐ͯ͂́ț̦͈͓͕͔͒͌̄ͦ̅̀ô͗͗ͣ͛͠ŕ̬̿ͥ́y̩̗͍͙̜̩͋̏͊͌ͧ͟!̘̜̱̞̃" Haha, yes! It might have been rough going for the past few weeks but she really was on the winning team now. Trinh looked down at Gado. It was no wonder others would also want to better themselves. She wasn't really an expert on monsterism but OH WELL. She scooped him up and walked out into the woods with him held in her claws.

"I'm glad you spoke up, Gado." No response? Oh wait, she'd probably been squeezing too hard. "Not many open minded folks in the horde I'm afraid." This place seemed good, it was far away enough that the likes of Vist and Gryph were unlikely to find them. "Those rubes, those common rabble, they... they don't GET Ḁ̓͗͜R̴̛̙͚̹ͧͧͤ́ͭͪ͊T̋̃ͥ͘͏̙̯̮̺̜̩̯͉ͅ." She stabbed her knife into Gado's hand. Need to get those undiggerly fingers out of the way. Working while trying to preserve all the mess on the inside was pretty different from what she was used to but she was confident she knew where all the major arteries were. Shouldn't be hard. "I've always kind of wanted to make a Töan piece, real personal art, if you pardon the pun, haha." In her head she wasn't laughing. The knife was still too damned small, and Gado was moving too much. What if she just, kinda, forgot the knife and get in there bare handed. It felt more natural that way. Oh yes, way easier to keep him still. The spare bones taken from the fallen would make for good digging hands. Maybe if they are lucky there might be some moles around for real good parts.

Upgrade Gado: 1d500+50+10+10 459

So, uh, hope he gets a wendigo infection from that rather than just being mutilated.

Current state of actions posted:

Free item pick: Tuned Shield
Skillcore roll: claim Agenou's +25 Dodging: 1d100 83
Looting roll: Looting Agenou, hopefully taking his RAZOR: 1d100 63
Downtime action: Upgrade Gado: 1d500+50+10+10 459

Also giving one ritual glory to the butterfly.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 8, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

For the current downtime you can do one of each:

■ Take a free item from the loot list in Dog Kisser's recent post.
    ■ Roll to loot a skillcore.
    ■ Roll to try to loot whatever you want.
    ■ Do a whatever as your downtime action.
Some people are also passing items around or buying stuff so things are pretty confusing.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping, Dodging(+25)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 10 -> 11

Trinh woke up in her bed and smelled the roses. Lovely, though they were starting to drop their petals already. She got up and went out of the door. Nobody around. She ran outside. Trinh woke up in her bed. She headed for the pantry and ate something. The bag seemed familiar but she couldn't read the words on it. Afterwards she went outside looking for her neighbours. Trinh woke up in darkness. She called out but nobody answered. Trinh woke up in her bed. She got up and walked through the wall to her landlord's apartment. He wasn't home. She tried to open her eyes. Trinh woke up in her bed and floated outside. Valeria was there. Trinh's face was wet with tears. She grabbed her friend and asked "Are you real?" She didn't answer. Trinh woke up in her bed and wailed in despair.

Trinh woke up in a forest. It was a warm day and people were eating Agenou's face. She asked for a slice. Her hands were stained red. She was pretty sure she had just killed someone but nobody seemed to care. Or maybe they just didn't dare to speak up. "Works for me." Oh there's Gado. Trinh waved to him "Thanks for the scarf again!" She'd have offered him cake but he seemed pretty busy with Grimper. Maybe later.

--

As the looting frenzy was dying down Trinh headed for the medical tents to help only to run into Qwäq being ushered out of one. There goes that idea. What now... Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the rest of the Neötype squad not far away. "Hey, Dack, Hob, Snödis." He called them over hoping that they'd have a minute. Not that the captain seemed to be paying attention. "It... sure has been a crazy day." She absent mindedly wiped the red Töan blood off her hands. "I just thought I'd like to thank the captain properly for the medal, haha. And the rest of you, good work in the battle back there." Another nervous laugh. "So umm, do any of you play cards? Poker, Go Fish?"

What's Grimper's policy on gambling Glory? :v:

--

Later on Grimper seemed to be as talkative as he gets. "Magda mentioned something called the Unity Lattice. Can you speak about that?"

Well with healing and cooking closed off I can't come up with anything to do. Speak up if you want a half lucid wendigo messing with your work.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 14, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Trinh

WereGoat posted:

Proposed Downtime Wendi-gambling

Sounds good. I'll probably keep rolls as 1d100 for everyone for consistency.
Everyone's free to join up as long as you have 4 Glory to offer. Currently we stand at:

:siren:GAMBLING:siren: posted:

Current stake: 4 Glory

Players:
Trinh,
Hob

Jvie fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 15, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Trinh

:siren:GAMBLING:siren: posted:

Current stake: 4 Glory

Players:
Trinh,
Hob,
Dack

Trinh, Hob and Dack sat down to play. After a brief dispute over who would be dealing the cards Splut thankfully arrived to oversee the game. "You're so good at this. Guess you've played like, professionally, haha." Trinh picked up her cards and thanked her luck that she wasn't playing against him.

quote:

"Hey guys, could you watch this for me for a bit? Hands are pretty full with old Agenou here, I'll get it off you next game"
"Sure...?" Well, no use looking gift hörse in the mouth. "Thanks Hob."

The game went on. Trinh had a good feeling about her chances altough Dack's incessant laughter made it very hard to keep a cool head. "This is it! A̾lͯl̊ ̨̓͊ͬ̆ȏ̉ͧ̇ͩ̏r̊ n̵̑̓̓͌̃ỏ̧ͤ̓̎̆t̊h̀̅̔̿ͥin̓ͩͬ͑g̈̆̓̚!ͭ̒̍ͧ̑ͬ͆"
Everybody revealed their cards...

"Hhhh!"
gamble_1_Dack: 1d100 18

"Bees beats termites, right?"
gamble_1_Hob: 1d100 71

"Full höuse!"
gamble_1_Trinh: 1d100 82 :woop:

Trinh leapt up almost flipping the table in the process. She fervently scooped everything into her arms, cards and chips included. "Oh man! Better luck next time guys! Hahahahaa!" She ran off cackling madly. Time to celebrate. Maybe someone still had cake they could be relieved of.

FINAL GLORY:
Hob: 12 -> 8 -> 4 -> 0
Trinh: 11 -> 19 -> 21
Dack: 19 -> 15 -> 17

Jvie fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 17, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted, cd), jumping, Dodging(+25)
Glory: 21

After the game Trinh roamed the campsite in high spirits. The only thing that could have made the day better would have been if-
There it was. An uneaten platter of cake. She couldn't even remember the last time she had eaten anything but plain army rations, and now that there had been a cake she had only gotten a tiny, tiny piece. At least that's two tiny pieces now.

Stårn posted:

"And don't lollygag around, I keep a tight schedule."
Oh wait, that was probably Stårn's. Trinh quickly made herself useful lest the siege team notice what she had just eaten. They were testing a catapult of some sort it seemed. Maybe she could jump on the arm to quickly prime the weapon...

Jump on onager arm: 1d500+10+21 381

---

Everything was well but Trinh couldn't stop wondering where Gawp was...

Jvie fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 22, 2017

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

paper bag with a face posted:

"HEY SHITBARN I SAW THAT FUCKIN' THING FIRST, FRIG OFF"

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I dont know posted:

[ooc: Just to confirm the rules. Since this is part of the same downtime, I do not get an additional point of glory since I already got one on my last action, correct?]

You should get a point. Generally each major post from DogKisser starting with the big Break Down that Gate banner counts as a start of a new turn. You can gain one(1) glory per turn by posting.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

~RIP Gawp~

Voting for Noostra.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Öx

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping(used now), Dodging(+25)
Glory: 21 -> 22
Ritual Glory: 3

Trinh was still too out of it to take the first watch. But the second? Why leave it for later. She eyed the free bottle of Mushbrewm... Not now. The day has been hazy enough as is. She figured she'd be a good fit for watch duty. After all she could jump up to see farther away. :pseudo:

1b Second shift.
2c Fast Pace
3d Raid and Explore
4a Madmist "How afraid should we be?"

Keeping watch in perfectly sensical way: 1d500+21+10 363

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

:siren:An advertisement:siren:

Are you familiar with Dog Kisser's previous game The Fragile Gods of Somewhere? I am just starting up a new game in the same vein, Above/Below. Come join us if you fancy playing god.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Old placeholder. The real post is later but Trinh is claiming Basker Beak for an art project.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 8, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted, in use), jumping(cooldown), Dodging(+25)
Glory: 22 -> 23

Snödis is delivering the following orders to the Neötypes:
Infect the captured Warbeast without killing it or making it look too infected. [Solo Mission]
Keep Bäbï safe!
--

"That's a good plan captain. I'd never been sure about our chances of sieging down Noostra." She looked up and scratched her chin thoughtfully, leaving shallow gashes in the skin. "Leave the preparation of the animal to me."

----

Trinh set down what little tools she could scrounge up safe distance away from Öxnyard. She'd be ready the moment someone could bring a horse or whatever over. She'd gutted weirder in her time. Monsterist animals were no exception. Funny thing. A number of times she had cut open a perfectly healthy looking carcass only to find it was a grotesque mess of hair and teeth on the inside. The common factor seemed to be that the internal mutations all spread from one particular organ. Monsterism should be able to develop very far in the pancreas before bursting through the skin. So, just put something nasty on a stick and stab it into the right place. Nothing could go wrong.

She set Bäbï to sit on a tree stump and watch. This would be educational.

Insuspicious Infection: 1d500+50+10+22 571

Also, claiming the Basker Beak.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 8, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted, cooldown), jumping, Dodging(+25, in use)
Glory: 23 -> 24

And that's one animal prepared. One out of three is not so bad for someone who hasn't even worked on live creatures until recently. It was surprisingly easy once again. Just get the, uh something and... use the claw stick, to, uh... The world twisted as Trinh tried to recall for sure what had just happened. The tree was still full of horses no matter how many times she gouged pinched her arm so that part probably hadn't been a dream. But what about... Argh! Her headache flared up again. It'd been paining her for who knows how long already. How could anyone focus like this?

Whatever! There was an alarm, people were yelling. The battle had begun. She grit her teeth and ran for the enemy. As she dodged blurry shapes coming for her, more reveries surfaced. Visions from high above the ground, immaculate performance halls, the cheering of the crowd-
She screamed in rage. No. No more confusion. There was just her and more animals to process.

RECKLESS ATTACK on boars: 1d500+23+10+25+1 107

That's without the banner. If its still at +10 the final result would be: 117

Jvie fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 13, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

How about famous Töan Warlords? Who are our household name war heroes?

:same:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping(in use), Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 24 -> 25

The boars had passed, Trinh had a moment to collect herself. Her life had been a mess since, well, since joining the horde, but especially since Nägel. But now, she was feeling a little better. She glimpsed at her blood covered hand. Working with animals had always calmed her down. But no time for reminiscing. The boars had been halted by the horde but over there the horseriders were skewering people left and right. A much higher priority target. As she ran across the chaos of the battlefield a voice caught her attention.

CourValant posted:

“My Queen, Oh Gees, or whatever else out there that may be listening, HEAR ME! I seek retribution for my murdered Family!! I will make a deal with you! NAME YOUR PRICE!!!

Trinh locked eyes with her for a brief moment. She was trying to focus on the battle, focus on what was real rather than the voices in the back of her head, but at that moment it all came back to her. Gado. What had become of him? Had the "procedure" been a success? Was he even alive? He had to be. The alternative was that Trinh might never learn if monsterism could make living works of art possible. But then again, even if he had been a failure, there was this person right here. Should she just go for it? With those words Bamboo was practically donating her body for science. Surely Grimper couldn't have any complains if it was an obvious accident. Surely... argh! There was no time for this. She couldn't stop now.

Trinh leaped over the horses with her arms spread wide. Time to sweep some riders off their mounts.

RECKLESS ATTACK on horseriders: 1d500+10+10+24+1 433

And that's without the banner. If its at 25 then the result is: 458

CourValant, want to see if Grimper will brand an "accidental" wendigo? :v:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

edited out

Jvie fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 24, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping(cooldown), Dodging(+25, using)
Glory: 25 -> 26

Room Roll: 1d6 3 - Wide Room (No effect)

Absolute darkness and a cacophony of screams and yelling. Oh great, its this dream again. Though that was Grimper's voice coming from somewhere... Why keep wondering if this was real or not? Just slash whatever makes a noise. Trinh headed for the less familiar voices, dodging the coming sounds of swords and fists.

Sack Soldiers: 1d500+25+25+1 435

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping, Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 26 -> 27 -> 22 -> 12
Ritual Glory: 3 -> 0

".
Ḑ̶̩̺̬̩͈̮̃̂̇͋̀̊̀̇̑I̴͚̺̞̭̦̗̞̒̋͂̽̒̈́͘Ẹ̡̤̦̅̓̑̊͂̂͋̀̇̋͢.. ..D̸̛̦̺͕̘̦̓̈̃̂̌̃̈́̇İ̧̢̛̲͓̣̬̼͕̠͑͗̎̈́̋͘͟͡͞E͓̰̞̳̹̠̞͖̩̾̄̅̂͌̉̂̍ Ḋ̡̧̺̼͓̬͈͗̊͛͢͝͝I̶͕͔̦̜̺̦̗̠͆͗̃̈́̃E̷͇͍̫̻̜̠͒̂̒̓̈̀͢!̴̗̪̜̻͙̈́̎́̏͗͟!̷̳̜̳͙̹̰̜̒͂͑̐͜͡
" They just kept coming, and Trinh kept slashing. The endless battle was wearing her down but she couldn't be happier. She'd been afraid but now she realized that was pointless. There was no reason for fear. She could kill anyone that looked at her wrong. God forbid some idiot tried to talk down at her. Hahahaa, let them try. .
D̯͙̮̞̻͙̜̗͖̤̀̌̉̊͐̚͝I̸̢̡̨̙͎̿̀̊͂͑̿̔̕͜E̯̟̘͙̙͔̾͑͂̉̄͒̉!̘̝͍͖̹͍͚͔̀̈͆̐̎͋́̀͡!̵͍̦̖̜̞̰͖͓̇̽̒̑̉͘

Trinh panted in exhaustion. She couldn't even stand without leaning against the... She raised her head. Before her was nothing but one of the support pillars of Jaune's barn. The wooden post was riddled with endless claw marks and almost whittled in two. She looked around her, nobody near.

--

The others seemed to be gathered over there. Trinh took a slight detour around Öxnyard before joining them. She really needed a moment to cool her head. The accursed headache hadn't gone anywhere. Corpses littered the roads of the settlement. Wait, wasn't this where the initial battle had taken place? She stepped over the fallen horses and knights, and sure enough, there were familiar faces among the dead. Not really people she knew by name but one of them was wearing a medic's outfit, and something about her catched Trinh's attention.

That's a nice knife.

Free Loot: Doc's scalpel: 1d100 11

She took it on a test run by disassembling a bunch of the dead, and aha, what's this?

Loot Jumping core: 1d100 15

One of the dead mooks had this didn't they?

--

The horde's voices were getting close. By all means it was time for celebrating but Trinh couldn't quite get in the mood. Something weighted on her, and she couldn't figure out what. She reached into her pocket, took out and uncorked her bottle of Mushbrewm. It smelled great, Neebs and Sucy had really surprised her with this. Yeah. "..." No. This wasn't the time to get sloshed. She was already losing her grip on reality without any outside help. "Hey, you there, free drinks." She shoved the bottle into the hands of the first person she came across.

We're in dire need of heals so I'm giving away my mushbrewm for the first taker. If no one takes it I'll pour it down some mook's throat.

--

Eventually Bamboo found Trinh sitting by herself, staring into a campfire.

quote:

“Trinh, thank you for your offer during the battle; I’ll be honest, this Monsterism and the Wendigo ‘condition’ frightens me, more than a little. Still, you offered a way out when all I saw was death and despair, and your words have not gone unnoticed.”

Oh, that's the, whatshername? Balsa or something? "Its no big deal." She tiredly waved with her hand. "We're in this together aren't we." She was too lost in thought to really respond in depth. No, argh. She sighed heavily. "...Thanks for coming over. Could you tell the captain I'm all right. I just need a moment to calm down." Once she left Trinh was left alone once more. "A way out..."

Then came Hob. Something about a horse? But wait, that's not right... Wasn't Hob a- wasnͦ҉̯̟̭̳̼͔͈'t hob aͫ́̉́ͧ͞l̩̺̈́͟so a... also- a w-wwẉ̪̻͂ͫ̽͛w̅ͭ̍͏̸̖͢w̵͔̘̹͇͙̱̣̰͗ͦͨ̓̎͠w̆ͣ̈̈́̃ͫͯ̑ͫ̀͏̗̥͇́w̡̛̺̩͈̳̗̮͛͟. w̛̭̖̭͖̣̝̼̍̄́̎̋̃̐͢͞-̷̯̙̣̙̘̝̯͗̒̅̀̉̉͜͟͢͝-̸̞͍͕̪͍̅̆̉̀̚̕͘w̭̟͉͈͓͙̅͐̋̿͌ͅ-̡̨͈̠̣͉͖̳̈́̍͒͋͐́̍͞w̶̪̪͕̳̝̪͍̮͗̓̿̒̎͜͞-̴̼̯͍̗̤̻̥́̌̊́̀̃̇͢w̵̛̬̠̰̜͚̝̐̿͒̑̎͌̀͡͡w̸͈̜̩̣͍̜͊̅̂̓͘w̸͔̻̰͖̩̓̌̊̌͐͜͠͡

Trinh slapped herself in the face. Damnit, this wasn't the time to be spacing out. That's right, the horse! "Tell captain I'm on it." She got up and marched out into the woods.
Of course! That was what had been bothering her. She'd left a piece unfinished. Just a small poke? That wasn't the way of an artist! She cackled in satisfaction. But now it would be all right. She could feel the poor being calling out to her, begging to be made whole.

My plan is, get the horse and make it into something wearable. Snödis' roll should probably be added here?

Finish The Job: 1d500+50+10+11 244

If this is a fight then the weapon would also apply, making the final roll: 246

--

ACTIONS posted:

Action: Finish The Job.

• Free Loot:
Claiming Doc's Malpractice to replace my knife.

Skillcore: Loot Jumping core: 1d100 15

• Giving away mushbrew for the first taker. I'll just pour it down some mook's throat if no one grabs it.

• Giving 3 ritual glory + 5 glory = 8 glory for Luck’s Fickler Gaze.

Storytime vote: Cornichon the East Wind

• I'm buying Red and Blue Goop and trading them to Gado for a Lucky Pearl!

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 2, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted), Jumping, Dodging(+25)
Glory: 12 -> 13

Stårn's idea was the most solid one so far. The horde was so heavily outnumbered that splitting up would just make them easy pickings for the defenders.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted), Jumping, Dodging(+25, using)
Glory: 13 -> 14

Well, this was it. The plans had been drafted, another battle was starting. Trinh had remained quiet through the arguments with Grimper. She wasn't happy with them having passed the less protected relays but Grimper was doing this for himself. It was not like he could be swayed with words. The charge was about to start but Trinh took a moment to look back at the warlord. Could he be swayed with words? She wasn't quite sure what to think of him. The man was terrible for sure, but she couldn't work up outright anger at him like Hat had done.
For all his flaws Trinh had held appreciation for him ever since Nägel. Back when he'd rounded up what would become the Neötype troops and... branded them. Before that Trinh had mainly been afraid of the warlord but in that moment she had felt, well, almost respected by him. Maybe it was just her egotism speaking but that made her feel special. It was probably selfish to focus on that, to weight that moment heavier than the horrors Grimper had inflicted upon the Frö. The nailbound marched past Trinh with bottles of sacrifire in their hands. After all it was only luck that separated Grimper's favorites and his victims from each other. That was the thing wasn't it, luck? She had gotten lucky and the Frö unlucky. Wasn't that all the world boiled down to?

But what about Grimper himself. Was he lucky or unlucky? Back in Fostis after Agenou had fallen the warlord had been unusually grim.

quote:

Warlords? Warlords are built for war. For breaking. For Breaking. I am a living weapon...
It had almost sounded like he was reassuring himself more than anything else.

----

https://i.imgur.com/p3YXzGP.mp4

The frosty grass crunched under Trinh's feet. She could see the relay blinking far above her. It̺͉͓͢ w̶̧̢̖̘̭̮̓̎́͊̌̋͗ǻ̵̧̲̘͓̩͚̟̮̬̆̆̑̒̚͜͡s̡̘͓͇̪̲̗̺̲̉͊̆̍̏͊͛̽͑͞ ṯ̡̘̞͔̘͖̥̝̈́͗͌͗̄͊̃͟i̴̡̲͍̜̰͇͔̔́̍̿̆̃̈́m̨̤̜͔̭͉̫͐̑̂͆̚͟͞ȩ͎͈͓͓̊͊̽̾̓̀̋͡͡. ̛̆͌̎̓ͣ̾̇̽͗ͩ͒̿̃̍́̀̚҉̡̼̱̥̗̱̖͉͙̳̟̻̪̘̞͍͎̰̥t̸̼͉͍̘͔̜̳͓͕̻̬̩͔̣̠̲̼̱ͤͮ̓̇̇̔͞ͅo̷͍̥̤̩̲͖̪̖̗̽̎̂͛̃̓ͥ̐̎̄̍̈́́ͤͣ͝ ̷̷̡̢̪̩̹̠̫͈̙̩͕̜̪̱̞͇̮ͨ͌́̅ͤ͂̋̍̓ͯ̓ͬͧ͗̒̚̕ ̴̸̱̣̜̻̤͚̗̿̌͂͐ ̪͙͕͔̬͇̲̾̊̈ͪ͌ͧͨ͑̍͐́͢͝ͅ ̴̴̨͕̯̦̟̒ͯͨ̓͛ͬ͆ͨ̄ͦ̽̕ ̡͐ͫͤͯ̅̈́͏̵̟̫͖̣̕͘ ̌̅̾ͣͪ͑ͪ̇̋̾͋̑̔̐ͧͭ̆ͥ̂̀́҉̮̣͔͕̪̘̥̞̻̞̥̞̫͜ͅͅͅͅ ̴̭͉͍͖̺̪̪̳̫͙̌̾͑̏̆͌̐̈̕͘ ̷̧̰̣̠̙͍̦̬̖͇̋̊̓͛̂̓͒̒̇̕ ̶̢̢̛͔͈̹̦̞͉̬̠͐͌̈́̿̐͌̿̓̏ ̵̙̟͖̯̜̙̪̦̖͗̐͒̊̆̇̽͊͜͝͝ ̷̮͇̩̘̩̯͚̼̲̯́͛͑̀͗̉́̀̚͝ ̸̛̛̙̯͔̯͉̣̫̠̪͕̿́͆̈́̂̚͝͝ ̵̛͇̘̦̩̻̫̫̤͑͗̀̿̎̀́̈̔ͅͅ ̵̧̧̘̭̗̳͓̤͎͈͑̌̅͆͆̾́̂̾͝ ̵̧̛͎̮̰̗̗̙͉͕̄̌̿̈͊̎̔͒͂͜

RECKLESS Climb The Wall: 1d500+13+10+25 266

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted), Jumping(+15, using), Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 14 -> 15

The gate broke in and the horde below poured into the city. Trinh leaped down from the wall onto a rooftop. Soon enough she could see the masked figures pouring out from their homes. Another gimmick squad or the much maligned inhabited? Did it even matter? Anyhow the captain wanted them alive. Not really something she was used to doing but she'd try anything once.

Below the vanguards of the horde began their charge. Trinh ran across the rooftops until she was past the enemy front, jumped down to street level and delivered a kick to the nearest inhabited's midsection, throwing them off the road. She was pretty sure she had seen a horde member survive something similar. Probably. Anyhow, as long as she aimed for the enemy's limbs most of them should remain intact enough for whatever the captain was planning.

Push Towards The Thumbscrew: 1d500+14+15+2+10 322

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping(+15, cooldown), Dodging(+25)
Glory: 15 -> 16

Work was really piling up. Trinh could barely find enough sharp objects to hang all the head trophies on.

Push For The Thumbscrew!: 1d500+10+15+50+2 405

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, cooldown), Jumping(+15), Dodging(+25, using)
Glory: 16 -> 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvcUXxo6P8

Hold Back the Inhabited: 1d500+25+16+10+2 546!!!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping(+15), Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 17 -> 18

Trinh's arms ached all over. It was messy work but the hides had to all come off today so they could be tanned in time. But did she have to carry them all with her? Now that she thought about it, she did not. She dumped the stack of rawhides for a mook to carry, and went to get more.

Keep Your Guard Up: 1d500+17+2+50 168

Jvie fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 13, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, cooldown), Jumping(+15), Dodging(+25, using)
Glory: 18 -> 19

It was easy to step past the inhabited. Earlier Trinh had felt that she could dance past their attacks all day long. Now she realized that all day long was much longer than she could keep this up. She was getting tired, and on top of that the enemies wouldn't even react properly to getting skewered in ten spots at once.

How are you supposed to feel superior when others barely acknowledge you?

Oh Excellent There's More Of Them: 1d500+18+2+25 72

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Something shattered under Trinh's foot. Wha- that was her Lucky Pearl! It must have fallen out of her pocket in the chaos. drat it, she paid Glory for that thing! Oh well, the only thing left now was to hope that it would actually bring someone good luck like advertised.

(I'm using my Lucky Pearl to reroll Stårn's 1d100.)

Reroll Breakerroll: 1d100 98

Jvie fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping(+15), Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 19 -> 20

Fight Them All: 1d500+19+2+50 554

edit:
Wait, didn't I have a second shield? Looks like I messed up the formatting for the cards last downtime. I'm pretty sure I never actually lost it.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 24, 2018