Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Post
  • Reply
sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




J3

Name: Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 0
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy was imprisoned for illegal mushroom experiments and quickly gangpressed into service with The Expandables. (sic)
Faced with the obstacle of the gate, Sucy decided to help build a Töan ladder: 1d100: 31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Name: Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 1
Skill: Mushrooms

Old figures made out of straw and wood? This would be prime ground to plant some mushrooms and have them destroy the dummies through their growth.
1d100+11: 77

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Name: Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 2
Skill: Mushrooms

Having successfully turned the strawman into her new (portable!) mushroom colony, Sucy took a look at the meagre rations provided to them and decided that everything could be made better by adding more mushrooms of dubious local organic origin.
To that aim she stumbled off into the surrounding woodlands to forage.
1d100+12: 50

Returning several hours later, Sucy realized to be horror that she was late to the warlord's strategy session. Hoping to avoid a dressing down she decided to claim that her trip was in no way, shape or form her being tardy, no sirree, but was in fact the start of her scouting out the area ahead of the caravan to find an ambush site.
1d100+2: 46

Dog Kisser: Can you use your skill's +10 bonus for cooking or healing even if you used it in the previous contest or is it still on cooldown?

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2017 around 17:17

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Name: Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 3
Skill: Mushrooms

Arriving late to the looting frenzy, Sucy decided to try and find anything she could (ab)use as tools for gardening and caring for her mushrooms.
1d100: 36

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 4
Skill: Mushrooms

After the other horde members had picked up Flutter's skill core, Sucy decided that she would bury his body.
Töans generally haven't developed much in the way of funeral rituals for the common Töan, as their lives are generally short and cheap, but recent advances in the medical sciences (yes those existed, Töans didn't generally shout and lie at each other for wound treatment) have made it clear that it was necessary to bury your dead to avoid the spread of disease. As a result, the late queen had made a proclamation that every Töan was to be buried in a shallow grave.
In order to honor the beloved Queen's wishes Sucy proceeded to "borrow" a particularly weirdly shaped bit of wood that had come off one of the wagons and dug for a solid hour, until the grave was shallow enough to take Flutter's remains.
Overall a very thankless task, but someone had to do it after all.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Mithross posted:

(I'm already holding a funeral for the guy, FYI, come join Patsy at the graveside he was lonely)

(I figured you were paying your respects /doing the service, not the actual labor of taking him under, have to admit I only skimmed most posts)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 5
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy decided that she'd help out the recruitment efforts:
1d100+5: 77

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 6
Skill: Mushrooms

Having made her way into the town, Sucy decided that the best place to be in relation to a mob was a good way away from it.
Instinct and experience in mushroom gathering led her straight into the mines, which lay empty, ready to be pilfered, maybe they would yield something good?
If she was lucky she might even find a rare three headed flat cap, whose spores could incapacitate an entire group of people.

Loot the mines: 1d100+16: 83

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy

HP: 3
Glory: 7
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy agreed with those advocating for only taking some rations.

Sidling up to Gigs, Sucy offered her help in investigating the Old Guy Relic, as it sounded magical, and magic was inherently interesting to her.
If he didn't take her along, she would just help explore the mines further.
1d100+7: 77

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 8
Skill: Mushrooms

Old Guy Vault
Sucy examined the entrance area thoroughly. If she knew her mad science, then the pyramidal hole in the structure was likely a sort of key hole that needed to be filled in order for the structure to open. Turning to her companions she said "We have no idea what we are dealing with, so we should all follow rule #1 of dealing with mad science: Do. Not. Touch. Anything. That hole looks like it needs a key, and if the Old Guys are anything like us, there's likely a spare somewhere close to here, check for potted plants, welcome mats or suspiciously unsuspicious rocks that it could be hidden under.
With senses honed by years of hunting the most elusive of mushrooms, Sucy began scouring the outside of the sphere:
1d100+18: 62

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Dog Kisser posted:

I'll let you decide on how your Horde will represent itself on the field of battle, when you're not just beating up a bunch of miners or tired caravan guards!
Despite being the GM, I don't feel like you really "get" this horde

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 9
Skill: Mushrooms

Old Guy Vault
"Oh my göd, Biggo and Tharbad, what did I just tell you about touching things? And yes, prying open a door counts as touching, even if you technically aren't touching the door.
You're lucky the blades took off your legs so cleanly, you might have bled out otherwise. You're doubly lucky even, because while we were going down, I found some blue Round Heads, a quite rare species of mushroom.
If you guys want you can be my test subjects I can try to use some of its mycelium to reattach your legs come next downtime, that stuff is amazing you know? It won't return the feeling to your legs, but you won't have to rely on some prosthetic either."

After linking up with the other group that had explored the mines and hearing about their embarrassing defeat at the hands of the FFA, Sucy decided that the best course of action would be to clear out the mines before Grimper returned, as otherwise she wouldn't have access to the mycelium she'd need, and the warlord's displeasure would probably also interfere with her next experiment:

Clear out the FFA:
1d100+9: 70

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 10
Skill: Mushrooms

Phone posting right now, so I'll edit in some flavor later on

Scavenge nightvision skillcore: 1d100: 10
Claim scarf: 1d100: 55
Get a free weapon, preferably a broom if DK feels like drawing it, any weapon will do though.
Heal the wounded using mad mushroom science:
1d100+20: 55

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2017 around 22:43

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 10
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy threw away the makeshift tools for surgery with clearly visible disgust, they were clearly insufficient for her purposes and this was reflected in the results. Though upon hearing that Grimper had called them to Nägel, she cheered up and began to break into a sprint, obviously this was an opportunity to improve the quality of the tools available to her.

1d100+10: 92

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 12
Skill: Mushrooms

As fearsome as the three Wendigoes up front were, if there was to be any chance of taking Nägel, the guards had to be stopped from releasing more of them from containment. For that purpose Sucy slipped through the hallway and engaged them with her brüm.

Engage the guards: 1d100+13: 55

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Push Beyond (Laughing&Loud)
That should save most player characters

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 13
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy was driving the shaft of her battle brüm through the skull of one of the Fröman guards, when she realised that the sounds coming from the entrance were beginning to change. It was no longer just the normal sounds of battle, but the cries of the wounded were growing in intensity, the fight was clearly not going well. The laughing wendigo in particular was overwhelming the group of Töans that were engaging it and its tongue was starting to reach further, towards the other groups that were fighting. Such a sneak attack could easily prove fatal to someone distracted by their own fight. Gripping her brüm tightly, Sucy turned away from the guards and waited for the next time the tongue tried to lash out.
"This is gonna hurt"

Sucy volunteers to take the overflow threat from the Laughing wendigo

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 1
Glory: 14
Skill: Mushrooms

Fück, that hurt!
Groaning from the thrashing she had just received, Sucy picked herself up from the ground and immediately nearly collapsed again from the pain emanating from her ribs.
She had jumped in front of a tongue lashing out against Tharbad and was flung across the room as a result, but Tharbad had lived, so it was worth it.
Rummaging around in her mushroom satchel, she found what she was looking for and popped two small red mushrooms. That should help with the pain.
Looking around the room, it seemed that much of the horde was in equally dire straits, so she began slowly trudging across the room, feeding half conscious Töans mushrooms of questionable origins that should help against the most immediate problems: red round heads against the pain, yellow morels to help with blood clotting, blue sponges to disinfect wounds.

Heal the wounded through the power of mushrooms: 1d100+24: 89

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 1
Glory: 14
Skill: Mushrooms

Trying to claim science skillcore: 1d100= 36

Resonation for story time

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 1
Glory: 15
Skill: Mushrooms

With an audible sigh, Sucy stretched and her back made several cracking noises. While not everyone had received the maximum amount of care, she had spent enough time treating people, one of the reasons she had come here after all had been to find some better equipment. Before she could leave the nailing ritual to explore the innards of the prison however, Grimper decided to confront Zapanda about her future and as the horde started entreating their warlord to this or that course of action, Sucy added her voice to the group asking him to spare her, while they could not allow Frö access to the research that had been conducted here, they could nail the researchers and use them as the Horde's dedicated healers.
Having said her piece, Sucy didn't see any point in sticking around much longer and started to head towards the laboratory wing of the prison.
Once there, she began reading the name plates next to each lab, looking for Zapanda's personal lab, which she intended on pilfering, surely the administrator would have the most valuable bits of equipment in the prison.
Loot Zapanda's laboratory: 1d100: 22
Though it seemed strangely empty. Annoyed by this failure Sucy grabbed a pen and scribbled a big EX in front of the title on Zapanda's name plate. Petty? Certainly, but it helped against the frustration.
As she returned to the Horde's makeshift camp, Grimper had already gathered everyone for another story time. As she squeezed between everyone else, she called out: Let's hear more about the Old Guy vaults.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Nov 15, 2017 around 22:07

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 16
Skill: Mushrooms

After the warlord had laid out their strategic options, Sucy grabbed a mug of the mushy brew that Magda was offering and set down next to Neebs.
"I hear you've been looking for me, sorry, I was busy digging through the labs to see if there's anything of value left, but no dice. So, where do you think we should head next?"
Sucy took a big gulp from the liquid that could very charitably be called ale as Neebs laid out her reasoning for going to Föstis.
"Yeah, I agree, the Old Guy tech sounds like it could be a complete game changer, so we definitely should Head back to Föstis. Just looking at how durable the Olivite here is promises a lot for the contents of the vault there.
Though we should be very careful, I saw how easily it's defences severed Biggo's and Tharbad's legs first hand, and we can't be sure that the pin/key we found will be sufficient to disable them all."
At this she looked down at her mug and let the conversation shift to less depressing topics.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Nov 20, 2017 around 20:00

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Claiming a spot on the Vault team for Sucy, will put down an in character post in a bit.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 17 -> 18
Skill: Mushrooms

Half-wit posted:

"No...here'sh whut I'm thinking, " Neebs said with some emphasis on the whut. "Sho...I'm no brewer, but I've been noticing a lot of different flavors recently, and I think you and I, I think we should try to brew our own beer. You sheem to know a lot about mushrooms; and I'm thinking with just the right mushrooms we can make a beer that tastes nothing like any others...but better of course! I'll have to shave up some glory to buy some Fostis Ale to get a good keg, and we'll have to empty the keg together, of course; but then we should be able to make something worth drinking that help us wash down thesh meals. No...no, I don't need an answer now. Just...think about it. It'sh a, longer term plan, if you will. If you do decide to help...and if you happen to shee any good batchesh of mushrooms while we're travelling that will add a...shpicy tang...try to grab them for me or show me where they are so I can grab them. You won't be disappointed."

Sucy listened politely as Neebs drunkenly introduced her plan. Her first instinct was to reject it out of hand, she knew nothing about brewing beer after all, but as she thought about it, she came to like the idea more and more. After all, how better to test the effect of a specific mushroom on a large population than by convincing them to imbibe it voluntarily? And how hard could this brewing business really be? Töans had done so for centuries, and if those idiots in Föstis were capable of it, then clearly she had to be as well.
With excitement now gleaming in her eyes, Sucy grabbed one of Neebs hands and shook it vigorously. You've got yourself a deal Neebs, and it's fortuitous that we seem to be heading back to Föstis, the mines and forests there are positively teeming with mushrooms. Now what should we call it? How about Mushbrewms?

High on anticipation, Sucy barely even noticed the march back to Föstis and as soon as she arrived, she headed straight for the mines to start cataloging which mushrooms grew where. Only about halfway down the mine shaft did she notice that she had been joined by Grimper and a small band of others that were headed to inspect the OG vault. Under the watchful eye of the warlord she did not dare to pursue her previous plans, so she tagged along to try and unveil the vault's secrets.
Open the OG Vault:
1d100+17: 99

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 18 -> 19
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy examined the room carefully, it was smaller than she had expected, but considering the literally legendary abilities of Old Guys technology, she didn't doubt that the mechanism it contained would be powerful indeed. For her own safety she resolved that others would try out the mechanism first.
Moving on across the room, her eyes fell on the small pile of stuff that was lying on the table and with fingers nimble from plucking mushrooms all day, she made an instinctive grab for the ring, who knows what power it might convey, it was of old guy origins after all.

Claim the Ring: 1d100+10: 73

After that she started the trek up top again, in order to corral the townspeople, so that they would not get in the way during the fight or worse yet, betray them in some clever fashion, as surely the Fröans' counter attack was on its way.

Corral the townspeople: 1d100+18: 98

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 19 -> 20
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy rejoined the Horde visibly disgusted. Grumbus and his lack of basic hygiene was bad enough on a regular day, but deliberately infecting the townspeople was a step too far in her opinion, while she hadn't had the time to count, she hoped he hadn't gotten to too many of them.
Back amidst the horde, she noticed that Pythag was wearing the mask from the OG vault, and she had an idea about the function of the ring. Perhaps it was linked to the mask and would allow its wearer to access the sensory input of the person that wore the mask? She called out to Pythag: Hey Pythag, could you come over for a second and look at me, there's something I want to try out!
As soon as he stood in front of her, she slipped on the ring

Later on, facing the enemy horde, Sucy joined Pythag in the charge towards the enemy archers. While she didn't have a shield or a bow, her wounds had healed completely, so it likely wouldn't be life threatening, merely incredibly dangerous.
Close distance with the archers: 1d100+19+1: 84

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 20 -> 21
Skill: Mushrooms

Traveling, so have a roll
Attack the archers: 1d100+20+1: 95

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 21 -> 22
Skill: Mushrooms

still traveling, throw mushrooms that release spores to hold back Agenou
Hold off Agenou: 1d100+21+10+1 33 Ritual reroll 62
[/quote]

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 23 -> 24
Skill: Mushrooms+15

Sucy decides to commemorate their victory over Agenou by looting his cape and tailoring it into fashionable sashes for the horde members, with those who stood against the warlord getting dibs.
Any help would be appreciated
Item loot roll:
Create Agenou sashes: 1d100+23: 33
Skill core loot roll:
Claiming Kicking +25 skill core: 71
Free weapon or armor:
Taking free string slayer armor
Downtime action:
Heal the wounded: 50

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Dec 8, 2017 around 08:50

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



OK, adding the following loot rolls to my earlier post, I'll edit them into there as well:

Claiming Kicking +25 skill core: 71

Taking a free Stringslayer armor

I'll treat the roll for Agenou sashes as my item loot roll and help with the healing effort as my downtime action.

Heal the wounded with mushrooms: 1d100+15+23: 50

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 24 -> 25
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +25

Sucy took a long deep breath before opening her mouth and gulping down the Kicking skill core she had just liberated from Agenou's corpse. She felt it travel through her insides slowly until it finally settled down somewhere close to her intestines. Immediately her legs began spasming and after several near misses, she half fell, half sat down to wait out the adjustment process. Her legs felt weird. It wasn't a bad feeling per se, but it nearly felt like she wasn't in full control of them either.
After a few minutes though most of the spasming and random kicking had passed and she carefully stood up again. Giving the new skill a few opportunities to shine, she experimentally kicked a few rocks and was surprised by how far they flew after what felt like trivial kicks. This was going to take some getting used to. While looking through the pile of skill cores left behind, Sucy noticed that there were several other Kicking skill cores. She grabbed another one of them, in order to try out what would happen if she had more than one identical skill core.
Grabbing another Kicking skill core: 1d100: 28

With the new skill core integrated, Sucy returned to Agenou's cape that she had looted earlier. She stuck a broken spear into the ground and began to carefully cut the cape apart and sew the strips into makeshift sashes. She wasn't as good at needlework as Gränï, but it's not like the Unexpectables had much in the way of a uniform style anyway, so it would hardly matter if they were a bit rough around the edges. As she was working several members of the horde came by and grabbed the finished products straight from the spear she had tied them to.

quote:

Among the battlefield remains he caught sight of something amazing. Flapping slightly in the wind, it was magical, fashionable and would make the perfect addition to his Iron bar flag. He waited to make his move. As Grimper started to cause some kind of scene Pog dove for it.

"Oh; hi Pog!" Sucy greeted her skittish fellow horde member, but apparently he hadn't noticed her and just jumped upon hearing his name and fled as quickly as he had appeared. As she sat there working, she spread the word to anyone that came by that she would offer a 2 Glory bounty for every other Kicking skill core that people would bring over.
Shortly before Sucy was done converting the cape into sashes, Neebs rolled up a big empty barrel to where she was sitting.

quote:

She donned her armor, and dragged the barrel to find Sucy and some of the nailed local brewers to help her; leaking pink smoke all the way. When Neebs found Sucy, Neebs graciously accepted an Agenou's Cape Sash from her. How thoughtful!

"Hope you like it, I'm not the best at tailoring, but I figured our first win against a warlord deserves some commemoration. So, where are we headed?"

quote:

Neebs spent a good deal of time talking with the local brewers to get an idea of the rough steps in brewing. Neebs had the local brewers fill the empty barrel with the baseline than any good brew needed...the brewsline ingredients, as the brewers called them. According to the local brewers, the brewsline ingredients ended up turning into a brew over a number of days, a process called fermentation...so long as you added whatever flavor ingredients you wanted near the beginning of the process, the brewsline ingredients would handle the incorporation of the flavors.

Neebs then went through the local General Store and looted a vast number of spices...ginseng, olive oil, paprika...lots of things one would never expect to go in a brew. She wouldn't use all of them, but she was going to mix a bunch of them to get a feel for the taste she wanted. It was worth noting...though only barely so...that the nailed General Store manager just quietly acquiesced to her ransacking...didn't even ask for payment or say a word...just kind of sadly hung her store-manager head.

With a few bowls, Neebs proceeded to mix small batches of the brewsline ingredients with various looted spices...using her discerning drinking skillcore to determine what each batch seemed to be missing and adding a little bit of this and a little bit of that until she had a few mini-batches. She ended up with three likely candidates...
a mix of oranges, black pepper, and garlic that had an unusually subdued sweet flavor followed by spicy-garlic after-taste
a mix of molasses, anise, and nutmeg that was incredibly sweet with a subdued earthy after-taste
a mix of wheat, cinnamon and coriander that ended up having a pretty normal beer-like flavor that was just slightly-sweet in a barely perceptible manner

She wouldn't know exactly what they would taste like when the brewsline ingredients had finished fermenting the mixes, but they were good approximations. Any yokel could probably do this though. No...the next step was what Neebs thought would make the concoction incredible.

Neebs conferred with Sucy about what mushrooms were available to add to the mix...specifically focusing on mushrooms that would add a kick...or a spicy tang. She relied quite a bit on Sucy's expertise here; and even left the final decision on which of the three mixtures plus mushrooms would be used for the final mixture up to Sucy.
Sucy tagged along with Neebs for several hours as they combed most of Föstis for a plethora of spices and other ingredients. She was quietly impressed by how much there was to do and by how many combinations there were for spices and flavours, but as the trip moved on to the mushroom stage, she became more confident again.

"Alright Neebs, it's a good thing we're doing this in Föstis of all places, I found several spots that grow some interesting mushrooms. I hope you brought some good shoes, as we'll have to do quite a bit of walking. We'll have to get rid of the barrel for a while though." With those words she flagged down a Föstisian and told him that he was to guard the barrel against anyone but her or Neebs taking it until they returned. Thus freed of the barrel's weight, the two set off, first towards the forest, carefully keeping away from the areas where the others had hunted slinkers.

After walking for a while, the two arrived at a small glade, cast in shadows from the tall trees surrounding it. Carefully examining the roots of several trees, Sucy clicked her tongue and waved Neebs over to her. As she approached, Sucy began to explain: "As a general rule, you'll find mushrooms in dark and wet places, such as these beauties here" as she harvested several small and gnarly looking examples. "This is the common rotcap, and despite the name it's very edible, as long as you don't mind the smell." She broke off a few pieces, ate one herself and offered another to Neebs. "Their taste can be kinda hard to pin down, if you've ever had some ground poppy seeds it'll be familiar though. Let's grab a few and be off, there are others I want to show you." With that Sucy and Neebs began filling up a small basket she had brought along until it was roughly a third full, after which the two set off again, towards the secret entrance into the Föstis mine shafts that the horde had discovered.

As they entered the mines, Sucy lit a torch she had packed in her bag and quickly began descending into the bowels of the mountain. "The next ones I'm going to show you are somewhat rarer, as they only grow close to underground lakes, since they require a lot of water to thrive and can't stand sunlight." Just as she said that, the tunnels began opening up, and the two entered a wide cavern, that had a black pool of water at its centre. Sucy snuffed out the torch she was carrying and as darkness descended upon them she said "Now, let's give our eyes a few seconds to adjust... aaand here we go!" And slowly the darkness receded again, as the walls of the cavern began giving off a very faint white light. "This is the luminous nightbulb, I guess the origin of the name is pretty self-explanatory. They close up their luminous organs at the smallest bit of light, except for the one they create, as they are very sensitive to it. If you taste them - go ahead, they're safe to eat - you'll find that they taste a little like fish, which might be a little hard to make work with beer, but considering the quality of regular Föstis ale, I'm sure we can only go up from there." Sucy quipped with a smile. "Let's grab a few more of them, but don't take too many from each cluster, we don't want to destroy the mycelium accidentally." she instructed as she began collecting. Again the two filled up the basket by another third of its volume.
"Alright, one more stop, then we're done!" Sucy spurred Neebs on. "We'll have to do a bit of climbing though."

With that the two began ascending the winding shafts, until at some point they reached the open air again. They continued climbing the mountainside, until they arrived at a small plateau, overlooking Föstis. "Alright, here we are!" Sucy exclaimed and pulled a small booklet out of her backpack, through which she began thumbing quickly. "Ah, we're in luck, today is a double full moon. Some mushrooms grow according to the lunar cycles, which is why I'm always carrying this little lunar calendar around. We still have some time though, so let's take a seat and get comfortable, we might have to wait for half an hour or so."

While they were climbing the mountain, the afternoon had slowly given way to evening and the sun was rapidly starting to set. The two Töans laid down in the grass and watched the sky redden in amicable silence. After a bit the first moon, Lüna, began to rise, only to be quickly followed by her sister Möön, both of them full at the same time. Just as the sun began touching the horizon, Sucy got up and helped up Neebs too. "Alright, here we go, this is the the coolest one today!" So far the two had mostly been watching the citizens of Föstis scramble around down below and hadn't paid much attention to the rest of the plateau. "Now turn around Neebs." As she did so, Neebs was shocked by how colourful the plateau had suddenly become, as it was absolutely awash in reds, oranges and yellows. "This is the rare moonshroom, named this way because it only grows during a sunset on a day of a double full moon. The colours you're seeing aren't actually the mushroom itself, it's only reflecting the colours of the sunset. But we should hurry up gathering them, they wilt as quickly as they grow if you don't harvest them." And with that the two got to work filling up the basket completely. After finishing, they spent a few more minutes admiring the view, before starting on the descend, hoping to get to one of the trails criss-crossing the mountain before the sun had fully set.

While they were following the trail down, Sucy explained further: "Now, when it comes to effects that the mushrooms might have on the beer, they are as follows: the rotcap, doesn't really do much, besides give you a little worse gas, so it would definitely be the safest option. The nightbulb is said to help with nightvision, though I haven't tested that myself yet. The moonshrooms finally give you something similar to a sugar rush, but once that ends, you also crash again. They are also slightly addictive if you overdo it, but I figure that shouldn't be too much of an issue with beer, as the effect would be pretty diluted. I'd propose we use the orange/black pepper/garlic mixture together with the moonshrooms, but what do you think?"

Having decided on their ingredients, the two retrieved the barrel from the Föstisian they had entrusted with it and began filling it up so that it would start to ferment:
Kicking off the brewing process: 1d100+25+24: 104

I'd propose the following effects for the different mushrooms if used in ale:
rotcap: nothing
nightbulb: +10 nightvision
moonshrooms: +10 to your next roll, -10 to the one after that, slightly addictive


As they finished loading up the barrel, Sucy turned to Neebs: "Oh while we're at it, could you help me with another small thing?" She fished the strange ring out of her pocket. "I found this ring in the OG vault and whenever I slip it on, it seems that either time stops for me or slows to a crawl, and I'd really like to figure out which one it is. So I want to slip it on, and would ask you to take it off my finger 2 seconds or so later, if I haven't done it myself, could you do that for me?" and with that she slipped the ring on once more, intent to spend more time under its power.

Story Time vote: Commander Sikatris

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Dec 18, 2017 around 09:33

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 25 -> 23 (Noggins) -> 23 -> 21 (Starn) -> 21 -> 19 (Ringo) -> 20
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +25 -> +45

Just updating my character sheet for now, will cast a vote for our next target after I had some sleep

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 25 -> 23 (Noggins) -> 23 -> 21 (Starn) -> 21 -> 19 (Ringo) -> 20
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +25 -> +45

Sucy watched the Vile Mechanism work with her breath held. The information given to her by her ring was so overwhelming as to be nigh incomprehensible, but she was both fascinated and revulsed by what she was seeing. The ring might be a crucial element to understanding the science of the Old Guys, a feat that had been thought impossible so far, as everything Tö and Frö knew about the OGs and their creations had been a result of painful trial and error, with little understanding as to why things worked as they did. Sucy resolved that in the future she would make an effort to use the ring to observe Grimper and Magda as they used their strange abilities, as well as any enemy commander they might come across.

As she was still considering all that, the victims of the Mechanism were slowly coming to, and the biggest visible change outside of Ringo, was to Hob, who apparently was cured of his rampant monsterism by the machine.
Sucy approached him and helped him get up, observing that his knees were still shaking. The mechanism had obviously taken more from him than just his wendigo form.
"I'm glad you're back among the monsterism free Hob, and I'm sure Noggins will be too. Here, have a bottle of mushbrew to get you back on your feet. Be sure to thank Neebs for it, she's the one who came up with the idea. " She said as she handed him her bottle.
Transfer my bottle of mushbrew to Hob

After checking on the others, Sucy loitered in the vault until everyone else has filtered back outside. She had seen what the machine had done to Ringo, and decided that she had to do everything she could to deny it to the Fröans.
First of all, this meant that she had to grab the vault key on the way out. As she grabbed it, she quickly slid on the ring, to see if the vault closing also showed her things.

Second she had to try and destroy any access tunnels leading to the vault or close to it, no point in making it easier for anyone to dig it out again, right?
Third she'd have to command all the Föstisians to forget everything they knew about the vault.
With these priorities in mind, she headed back up to the surface to recruit some help.
Once there, she was approached by Stårn, who began talking to her excitedly.
Still preoccupied she didn't pay too close attention:

quote:

"Enjoying the kicks?...
mushrooms...
poisons...
spores... "

I like what I'm hearing, sure I'm in, I'm going to need your squad's help anyway, as I figure you gotta have some transferable skills between sieging and destroying a mine.

With Siege Team Six in tow, Sucy raided the Föstisian store houses one last time, looking for some boom sticks and fuses.
With the explosives in their possession, the group descended back into the mine. Sucy and Mason began knocking out support posts from the access tunnels leading to the vault, Stårn and Burnie placed boom sticks, which Grumbus connected with fuses, while Gado wielded his pick to erase the markings that the horde had left when they descended.

When all was set up and done, Burnie lit the fuse and the six Töans walked away as the fire slowly approached the boom sticks.

While the explosions rocked the mountain, Sucy asked the others to help her gather the remaining population, in order to give them a last set of orders.

After having gathered everyone, she gave the following instructions to them:
Alright, listen up! For these instructions there will be no "following the letter of the law instead of the spirit" there will be no passive aggressive BS with forgetting what's inconvenient etc. You will do what I tell you without hesitation or attempts to avoid doing it.
First off: you will destroy any documentation of the vault and the tunnels leading there or close to it. You will also destroy any maps that detail the layout of the mines beyond the three biggest trunks of it.
You will spend the time until the horde leaves this town searching it and the mines for any such documentation that you may not be aware of yet. If you find any, the previous orders to destroy it apply.
Secondly: Once the horde has left, you will forget everything you know about the horde and the vault, as well as the layout of the mines.
Thirdly, you will also not answer any questions about these topics or why you can't answer questions about them, as well as any recursive question that references this, so no answering questions why you can't answer questions about questions about us for example.
As long as you follow these orders you will be permitted to live a regular productive life here in Föstis.
Alright, get going!


With this done, Sucy began packing her things and reported for departure to Öxnyard

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Dec 22, 2017 around 13:07

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 20 -> 21
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45

Summary:
1a) 75
2c)
3d)
4a) Sucy['s vault experience]


quote:

Humbug found Sucy in the aftermath of her clean-up efforts. A hefty backpat announced his presence.

"Sucy, right? Bravo, and good work organizing all that, and a drat fine brëw, too. You'd make a mint in the capitol for sure and you seem to have the organizational chops to run your own brëwery. Shame you're out here. Still, your product's been doing a bunch of us good and you just gave it away for free, so I figured you were owed something, at least."

He patted his rapidly scarring neck to show off the healing factor, then stepped forward and handed her a Tuned Shield.

"Gloff's shield. Poor bugger won't need it now. Maybe you won't either in Siege Six, but better to have than not, no?"

He chuckled.

"If it doesn't suit you, maybe you can use it as Onager fodder. Stårn will fire anything once, and could you imagine the racket it'd make coming down? Might even survive to be used again."
"Oh wow, thanks!" Sucy exclaimed as she turned the shield around in her hands. "Though it wasn't me alone, Neebs was the one who suggested the idea first and did just as much work as I. So many people have been coming up to me and thanking me, so I'll have to figure something out for her once we're in Öxnyard."

Having packed her stuff, Sucy began urging the others to take a fast pace, staying at the rear and kicking the butts of any stragglers that didn't keep pace. Within a few days, she quickly fell into a rhythm.

At night, she followed the example of Stårn and took first watch, setting up traps of small mushrooms that would explode into clouds of spores if any unsuspecting enemy stepped on them:
Take first watch: 1d100+20+15+1: 75

During the day, when not herding the others, she alternated raiding and exploring, to make sure the Horde did as much damage as possible without overextending itself.

In the evenings, when sitting around the campfires, she petitioned Grimper to talk about Sucy's Vault experience, trying to find out as much as possible about what she had been seeing through the ring

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2018 around 23:07

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



CourValant posted:



Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/??
Glory: 30 + 1 (Action Glory) > 31
Skills:

Virtuoso [READY]
Poor Decision Making [READY]
Since you gave up your main skill core you're at 2 max HP:

quote:

Those who lost are scoured by the Old Guy machine, first wiping away imperfections... and then tearing into their very being! The nine affected are marked with strange scarring, but are otherwise physically perfect-looking; Monsterism of all severities and other conditions are removed. However, internally things are... different. Pick one of these: Lose Primary Skillcore/Drop to 1/2 HP OR Keep Primary Skillcore/Drop to 1/1 HP. Alternately... you may have them succumb, and roll a new character.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Sucy makes a grab for Börk's bowharp before leaving the vault:
28

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Sucy is going to claim the strangely clean saddle .
Proper post to come later

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Vault Key
Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 21 -> 22
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45

Actions this turn:

Claim the saddle
Claim Fishing skill core
Ambush Second Patrol with ST6
Kick some butt: 1d100+21+45+1+10: 109
Fish for OG tech using the ring:
1d100+10+21: 101

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2018 around 13:03

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Held by a nailbound mook (only accessible during downtime, but in her possession):

Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 22 -> 23
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

Theantero posted:

"It is decided, men! MAN THE ÖNÄGER!"
Hearing the captain excitedly yell out the order for the first use of the Önäger, Sucy quickly began clambering up on its arm and filling it up with ammunition. "I figure we'll need mush room to fit as much stuff on here as possible, don't worry, I'm an expert on this!"
Making mush room on the Önäger: 1d100+15+22+10 97

After the payload had been launched, Sucy pulled out the ring once more to check something she had seen earlier:

quote:

There was something else in there with her though. She had no idea what it was, but it looked vaguely familiar? The same but different as something else she'd seen.
She memorised the location of Jaune and Pendelo and slipped on the ring, trying to find the familiar shape she had seen earlier and checking whether it was either of them.
If it turned out that it was, then she had resolved that she would try to send a message to the shape, if that was even possible through the ring.
Earlier, while loading the Önäger, Sucy had noticed Jö setting off at a mad dash for Jaune, and it was likely that this would not end well for the Fröan, but perhaps if she could find a way to let Jaune know that he was nailbound, then maybe a life could be saved today. So Sucy began to try out several forms of communication with the shape, first screaming, then signing and ultimately trying to write it on an imaginary piece of paper and throwing it to the shape.
Try to communicate using the ring: 1d100+22 34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013





Held by a nailbound mook (only accessible during downtime, but in her possession):

Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 23 -> 24
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

Sucy watched the Önäger shot arc right towards the charging boars, only to be intercepted by Jaune's construction in the last second.
"Well, that was a giant waste of time, let's go and do something about that cavalry, shall we?"
With that Sucy jumped off the Önäger and began gathering five Nailbound who were seriously injured around her.
"All right you lot, you've felt the first charge, I don't think you want to experience a second one, do you? So, do you know what horses hate? Pointy stakes sticking out against them. Have any of you heard of the great battle of Ägincürt? Of course not, it's one of the few times that the Knights of Öxnyard were routed from a field. Want to know how that happened? The answer is easy: a ton of lovely pointy stakes lodged firmly in the ground that broke their charge. Luckily we have just the thing for that in our wagons, as we were issued a hundred pointy sticks when we set out for Frö. Now get out there, grab those sticks and set up a perimeter where we can fight them without getting charged down all the time."


Fishing five Nailbound mooks out of the army to set up stakes to break the cavalry charge: 1d100+10+23+10 111

While the Nailbound got to work, Sucy quickly dipped into the town, to see if there were any more materials she could requisition for her construction project.
However instead of materials, she found Bamboo, wailing on the ground and crying out to anyone who would listen:

quote:

“My Queen, Oh Gees, or whatever else out there that may be listening, HEAR ME! I seek retribution for my murdered Family!! I will make a deal with you! NAME YOUR PRICE!!!"
Sucy approached her from behind and responded: "Well, I don't know who else is listening, but I'll give you my shield for now, we can patch you up later, as long as you get out there and hand out a righteous rear end-kicking to these knights"
With that she offered Bamboo a hand and helped her up. "We'll get you through this, don't worry," while handing her Tuned Shield to Bamboo.
And she set off again to check the progress that the Nailbound had made with the stakes.
Finding the stakes planted to the best of the Nailbounds' abilities, Sucy gripped her Brüm tighter, observing the enemy cavalry that had now regrouped and was wheeling around for another charge at their position. This would require maximum effort. She grabbed her hair, pulled it back and twisted it into a knot that she secured with the OG Vault Key.

When they finally reached the Unexpectables' line, she exploded into a flurry of kicks and sweeps, trying to take out the horses legs, forcing them to stumble and fall and throw off their riders.
Attack the horsemen with kicks and sweeps: 1d100+45+23+10+1 87

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«3 »