Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Held by a nailbound mook (only accessible during downtime, but in her possession):

Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 24 -> 25
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

determine room: 1d6 6 Plain Room

Holding my action to see if anyone else is in the same room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

OOC: We can use multiple skillcores at once if they're applicable to the same action, right?

One skill core per action only, sorry

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Held by a nailbound mook (only accessible during downtime, but in her possession):

Sucy
Glory: 24 -> 25
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

Sucy looked around, the spikes had been reasonably effective at stopping the cavalry charge, though it had mostly been the violence dished out by her fellow Unexpectables that had stopped the riders from inflicting any more losses on them.
During the fighting she and a group of mooks had moved further and further away from the main body of the two armies, following the tide of battle, thus as the barn began going up, they found themselves in a room, separated from everyone else.
Determine room: 1d6 6 Plain Room

Being the only non-mook in the room, she quickly gathered the others around her, while the enemy soldiers did the same. While violence would soon break out, Sucy had a few more moments, and with her ring those might as well be an eternity. She slipped it on.
Looking around, the outlines of both Grimper and Jaune were clearly visible, even through the walls. Sucy remembered that Starn had been flying overhead when the barn was erected, so it was reasonable to assume that he might still be outside of the structure. Normally a single Tö was nearly impossible to find, but Starn had been riding the Breakerfly, which had incorporated a piece of Grimper's gauntlet. So Sucy began to look for the brighter speck of light that had to be the Breakerfly, and from there looked for the yet smaller speck that would likely be Starn. If she found it, she would send him some text with instructions on how to find Jaune, in case he wanted to do some barnstorming.
Use the ring to give Starn instructions to find Jaune: 1d100+24 69 (nice!)
Slipping the ring off again, Sucy quickly organised her soldiers into something resembling ranks and began the charge with a loud battlecry:
Kick Down Those Soldiers!: 1d100+45+24+1 134

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

vorebane posted:

Skills: Archeology, Balance (using both)

You can only use one skill core per roll, sorry.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Thinking_emoji.gif

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 25 -> 26
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

Traveling right now, so here's my actions in short, will do a writeup if I have time later on.

Loot roll: plodder
Action roll: Mushroom healing: 1d100+15+25 62
Skill core roll: Claim smithing+20 core: 1d100 87
Sucy will give the +20 smithing skill core to whoever claims the +25 core in exchange for 2 glory.
Get a new skill at +40 with just one roll now!

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 2, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 26 -> 27 -> 29 (+2 from Verika)
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

quote:

He picked up a likely pair, and passed them off to Sucy. "Don't mention it." he said as he passed by.
Sucy looked up as a pair of hobnailed boots was flung into her lap: You give the best gifts Ringo, she replied with an eager grin.
On a hunch she yelled out to him again: Hey Ringo, you were enhanced by the OGs, let me try something out real quick!, slipped on her ring and sent a short message to Ringo saying Test Test, see if you can reply to this!

When Grimper gathered them later on and Noggins made her misgivings about the direct push for Noostra known, Sucy agreed with her that the horde should rest a bit longer, in order to heal up the mooks, which might take substantial losses otherwise, which could jeopardize their larger mission of taking the Gateway Fortress. While she wouldn't resort to violence if he disagreed, she did make it clear that she'd have substantial misgivings if he decided to gamble this carelessly with their lives.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 7, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 29 -> 30
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

When Grimper revealed that they had already passed by two other thumbscrews, Sucy had to swallow a big blob of bile that had formed in her mouth. That vainglorious fool was gambling with their lives, just so that he could get a rematch against Sikatris, without even having a plan for beating her. Even after both Agenou and Jaune had severely hurt him.
Sucy threw a quick glance at Noggins, who had already opposed him once, and didn't look too happy now as well.
He was definitely on thin ice with a good portion of the Unexpectables.
She slipped her ring onto her finger and sent her a quick message:
Hey Noggins, Sucy here, I'll have your back when you need it

After arriving at Noostra's walls, and hearing that of course there wasn't a plan to get inside, Sucy spoke up: How about we try something different here. We have Zapanda in our care and her sister leads the local forces. Since our objective is to use the thumbscrew and not to trash the place, we could offer them a trade.
We give them Zapanda, and they let our glorious warlord access the thumbscrew.
From everything we've seen so far, Fröan Commanders care for their soldiers and civilians and intangible concepts like honour, even to a fault, so they'd surely be interested in minimizing bloodshed. From what we know about Sikatris, she is no exception to that, seeing how she went to the lengths of knitting scarves for her soldiers. If they agreed to such a trade I doubt they'd be able to go back on their word.
And even if they are, Sikatris is clearly no match for a Töan warlord who has consumed the lattice of not one, but two enemy commanders. You would undoubtedly make short work of her Commander Grimper.
Just imagine the glory of walking into their town as they all cower in their houses, afraid of your mere presence.
If you give me permission I'll contact Sikatris and see if she would be amenable to this plan.

Fearing that she might have laid it on too thick, Sucy hoped that her plan to play on grimper's ego would work out.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 29 -> 30
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

With Gado having made his case against her proposal, Sucy decided to give a quick rebuttal:
I appreciate your situation Gado, but several points:
1) Let's not kid ourselves, we are a marauding army, we're running on what we took from Nägel, we're going to run out of ingredients for your shots anyway.
2) Justifying us not stashing one of the most important bits of knowledge that we have in one of the most secure places we know of by the war crimes that WE have been committing is rear end-backwards. How about we commit fewer war crimes? It wasn't even a day ago that SOMEONE, wanted to unleash unbranded wendigoes on Noostra. Looking at you here Neotype squad.
And let's be real here: Both Tö and Frö are equally threatened by increasing rates of monsterism, we've all heard Humbug talk about it. So risking Zapanda by dragging her along as we fight Sikatris and Gornichon is pretty loving reckless. And in addition to that, there's also the wild card that is our own mad preacher, Snödis, who wants to turn all of us into wendigoes. We'd be foolish to drag Zapanda along further if we value a cure being found.
3) The way to minimize the risk of Fröan betrayal is for us to remain outside the walls. We all know that Grimper is more than a match for Sikatris and her lackeys, so even if they are foolish enough to betray us, they will only find a quick death at the hands of our mighty warlord.
4) Regarding your personal situation, I'm sorry, but you killed yourself when you got yourself voluntarily infected, every day since then you've lived on borrowed time, and as I understand it you've actually died twice already since then.

With her rebuttal finished, Sucy began further examining the walls of Noostra, hoping that Humbug would find a way to open a gate, to make access to the town easier.

OOC: Hope you feel better soon ADP

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 30 -> 31
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

While Grimper's rejection of her plan didn't surprise Sucy, his callous sacrifice of the nailbound members of the Horde disgusted her to her cores. Sacrificing the Nailbound just to take down a gate was monstrous. The nailbinding itself was bad enough, but throwing their lives away when the horde had two Önäger and a ram was uselessly cruel and wasteful.
But maybe there was something she could do about it. She had seen the makeshift sacrifires Magda had kept in her wagon, and they leaked the same weird fluid that Grimper leaked from his stump. If it was part of the warlord technology, perhaps it could interface with OG tech. So she casually sidled over to where the nailbound were gathering, and while she was looking straight at a bottle of sacrifire held by one of them, she slipped on her ring.
As the familiar blackness enveloped her, she began fishing around the various functions the ring may hide to find a way to identify the sacrifire she had been looking straight at and then set it to an off, or inert state.

Not sure whether her actions had the intended effects, she repeated them with the other eight nailbound that were milling around. That uncertainty whether anything had happened though, prompted Sucy to go and seek out Zapanda, perhaps the Ex-Administrator of Nägel could help her out with understanding how this piece of OG tech works.
As she approached the wagon the researchers were held in, she overheard Zapanda talking to someone, oh, it was Gryph

quote:

... a proposal for you: my comrades are assembling copies of my research to give to you. You can read them at your leisure - though I pray you, in secret - but at your nearest convenience, in a secure, public location… leave it behind. Grimper will kill us when he’s done, I know it, and our knowledge can’t be allowed to be lost. Nagel is as good as lost, and the fool warden ruined everything by releasing the subjects. Those locked down there are good as dead, now that you have the key. It’s too late for them…”

She lurched forwards and seized him by the shoulders, her eyes boring into his. “But it’s not too late for us. For this!” She waggled two tightly wound packages of notes wrapped around two thick syringes. “Leave this somewhere it can be found when the Horde passes by, and strike a blow against Monsterism and Rampancy. I know Frö is your enemy… but we don’t have to be. One day this war will end, and those who work towards a brighter future will be remembered long after the killers on both sides are dust.”
As the conversation finished, Sucy approached the pair. Zapanda, I think we can help each other here. I want this research passed on too, but just leaving it lying around somewhere is going to be risky. However, I've come into possession of an OG artifact that lets me send messages directly to people like this. I could send a message to your sister directly after we drop it off so it can be found by the right people. I need to know however if these messages can be intercepted by anyone, as we can't have Grimper find out about it. Your sister is a Commander and you work with a team that likely used OG tech, can you tell me anything about it?
After she had finished her request, she continued in a more somber tone:
And if you want, I can pass on a message for you to your sister, or if any of your colleagues want to pass on something to their families.

With her business with Zapanda finished, Sucy walked over to the Önäger, where the rest of ST6 was already gathering, getting it ready to fire. Her rage at Grimper's gloryhounding had mixed with apprehension about her sabotage and the fate of the Wendigo research. To help ignore it, she started working the crank that drew back the Önäger's arm, kicking it in quick succession to get it ready to fire.

Crank up the Önäger: 1d100+30+45+10 94

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 15, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 31 -> 32
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

When the Önäger shot connected and the walls of Noostra came crumbling down, Sucy let go of a breath she had been holding without even noticing. At least so far things were going according to plan, though that was certainly not going to last.
She abandoned the siege engine together with the rest of ST6 and entered the city. As they slowly advanced, other members of the horde began tripping over the threads crisscrossing the entire city and were quickly swallowed up by whatever it was that Sikatris had cooked up here. Seeing how some additional fire power would be needed, Starn decided that he'd push his breakerfly to the limit for the first time, yelling at Sucy for some additional support.

quote:

"Sucy", he yelled, "Grab drums from that Nailbound and give my boy some cheerleading! I think he's being a bit shy!"
Sucy dashed off to find Jö, who had been holding on to a drum since he had been involuntarily recruited in Föstis. Approaching him, she yelled I need your drums Jö, give them to me! and grabbed them out of his unresisting arms, quickly running off again.
Back with Starn, Sucy pulled out her mushroonome, a marvel of mushroom engineering and set it up to help her keep a steady rythm. While she wasn't very musical herself, the mushroonome had been a gift by her teacher upon finishing her apprenticeship, and the intricate worksmanship that had gone into it had often been a useful object to help her own study along. For the first time now, she actually used it for its intended purpose as she began beating the drums to the rythm the mushroonome kept:
Drum to the mushroonome's rythm: 1d100+31+15+10 155 Base roll: 99

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 32 -> 33
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

With her drum performance finished, Sucy packed the mushroonome back up and handed the drums off to Grumbus, just as yells were starting to go up from the main market square. Apparently Sikatris had released Madmist, in order to funnel the horde to where she wanted them. Thanks to Grimper's idiotic lack of planning, they were outnumbered in a hostile city and were only going deeper and deeper into the traps Sikatris had set. Sucy grit her teeth and cursed their warlord under her breath. Still, she wouldn't get out of here without the rest of the horde, so time to try and flip the script on Sikatris.
She pulled out her ring, slipped it on and began searching the city for the large quantities of Esprit that was contained in Commanders and Warlords. Though the many strings that criss-crossed throughout the city made finding her difficult.

-------

After she pulled the ring off again, she was quickly reminded of the mortal danger that they were all in, as a sniper shot impacted in the street close to her. That sniper was a threat they could not do much against at the moment, but the OGs had given her a tool with which she could distract him in relative security. She slipped her ring on again and began writing:

quote:

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Töan National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Töan National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the Föstis region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling 40,000,000 Töan taler. The Töan National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Töan Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Töan citizen to assist the Töan National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Tö, in moving these funds out of Tö. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your Fröan account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Töan National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Töan National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or 4 million taler of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least 100,000 taler in a Töan bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Tö.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Noostra, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Töan National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Tö.

Please write to me at your earliest convenience at this address. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Töan Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Princess Sucy

While it took quite a while to write this all out using the ring's strange interface, this was the one resource she had plenty of, thanks to the time dilation it provided. Having finished the first, she set off to write more, the constant scrolling text should distract the enemy sniper something fierce.
In a short break in between messages, Sucy spotted Bamboo breaking away from the main body of the horde, running head first into the madmist. She yelled after her: Bamboo, stop running off on your own, we need to maintain cohesion if we want to push through to the Thumbscrew, splitting up and spreading out will get us picked off piecemeal!

Summary
Find out where Sikatris is using the ring
Phishing Knock: 1d100+32+10+10 129
Tell Bamboo to stay with the Horde

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 2, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 33 -> 34
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

With Grimper personally ordering her participation, Sucy had little choice but to acquiesce. Because the others seemed to have the Inhabited covered, she joined Humbug in covering the group against any unexpected threats. To raise her awareness, she quickly ingested a few mushrooms and began slipping her ring off and on nervously, looking not only for mundane threats but also suspicious amounts of Esprit.

Keeping her eyes and ring open: 1d100+15+33 131

OOC: There's one more space in the ThumbsCrew, get it while it's hot!

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 8, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 34 -> 35
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

Sucy watched Splut, now Craic, start leaving towards the control room of the Thumbscrew. She didn't dare to use the ring to send a message, as the impressions this close to the screw were too intense, so she just whispered a quick I'll be right around the corner. to him as he took point. As Craic turned around the last corner to enter the control room, she stayed behind, patiently awaiting the Frö that would hopefully start heading in her direction soon.
As she waited she listened intently for her cue, which soon came as a red face turned around the corner. Though the only thing it found was her mailed boot. Having taken out the first one, she moved forward to begin the beatdown in earnest, her boot the anvil to Craic's hammer.

Take out the workers: 1d100+34+45+10+10+2 190

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 35 -> 36
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

As Qwäg began working the thumbscrew controls, Sucy approached her: That sounds like a good idea, let me help you out, I think my ring can interact with the thumbscrew controls.
As Grimper began his instructions, Sucy intermittently slipped the ring off and on to keep track of what he sent through the relay.

Kinda Follow instructions with a phishing attack: 1d100+35+10 110

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 36 -> 37
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

As she relayed what Grimper was about to do, the control room burst into chaos, with everyone shouting at either Sucy or each other and Humbug even trying to jump Grimper. To escape this mayhem, Sucy slipped the ring back on, before anyone could try and interfere with her.
Back in the timeless dark void, her attention was immediately drawn to the blindingly bright light that the nail emitted.

And I'd like to write more, but I've caught the flu and can't focus on a screen enough to write this out, so here's what Sucy tries to do:

• Strip out the kill command
  • Use the nail as a vehicle for a virus that
    • Kicks Sikatris as an authorized user
    • Adds a prime level directive to the Inhabited that locks up their motor functions for ten minutes if they hear the phrase "No Guys, no masters"
    • Switches around the way they "learn", so that successful actions are rated negatively and chosen less often and neutral or unsuccessful actions are rated positively and chosen more often
Use the nail to Kick sikatris and hack the Inhabited: 1d100+36+45 145

Having finished this she'll send the disabling phrase to the rest of the horde, claiming that it's something that she found in the programming rather than made up herself

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 24, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
HP: 1/3
Glory: 37 -> 38 -> 43 -> 50 -> Ascension
Skills: Mushrooms +25
Kicking +45

Actions:
Steal Collect 7 glory from Nailbound and ascend
Heal the wounded with Mushrooms: 2d100+25 94 Updated after resonation
Grab a CQC skillcore for Snorkus: 1d100 52
Loot Booze to get Grimper drunk: 1d100 72
Drink the two Mushbrewm from Snorkus and Hat: 2d4 3

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 8, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Here's the discord link for the game.
You can also pick up an extra skill core, since several mooks have acquired skill cores for themselves. There's for example a Measuring +25 skill core that might fit your character. The discord has a link to the Google doc that we use to keep track of actions, items etc.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: Ascension
Kicking +45

Her modifications to the nail had taken quite a bit out of Sucy, so as soon as she slipped off the ring, she quickly collapsed. It was hard to confirm whether her changes had worked, but Grimper's frustration made it sound very likely.
Her small frame was quickly swept up by the Warlord, as he prepared to jump down from the Thumbscrew. While the fall was stomach turning, the landing was surprisingly smooth, and she quickly stumbled to her feet to check whether the second half of her modifications had succeeded. She forced out a No Guys, No Masters! as loud as she could and as her consciousness faded, the last thing she saw was the fighting quickly stopping.

Sucy woke up several hours later in a field hospital which, judging from the quality of the carpentry, could only have been constructed by Captain Noggins. Groaning from the pain and exhaustion, she stumbled to her feet and began passing out some mushrooms as painkillers to the other wounded.

Walking through the city, she was relieved that the rest of the horde had apparently understood how to utilize the override command she had created, so now the City had become mostly safe for the horde. Exploring the surroundings, she ran into Hat, who thanked her and handed her a mushbrewm. She received another one from Snorkus in exchange for a CQC skill core she had picked up from a fallen horde member. Downing the two bottles, she got pleasantly buzzed, without any further negative or positive effects.

To ensure that Sikatris had really left the city behind, she began regularly checking the Esprit vision that her ring granted her, though she didn't find anything. What she did find, was that apparently even the nailbound had generated some glory during the battle and were now beginning to remember parts of their previous personalities, confusing them and leading to erratic behavior. To end this sorry state of affairs, Sucy ordered them to hand over their glory tokens to her. After receiving the first seven however, she felt a weird rush, which is why she ordered them to stop.
For the next half hour, she felt alternately hot and cold, as she slowly grew several centimeter.

Later on, she was approached by Qwäg, who suggested working together to understand the abilities of the OG artifacts more fully. Sucy listened to her and replied:
That sounds good Qwäg, I'm eager to learn more myself, and I already have several theories how to apply the ring in other directions.
One thing I've noticed both in the Föstis OG vault and with the Inhabited, is that there are shapes inside of all of us, that determine our personalities and bodies. The OG vault manipulated them on a weird and frankly horrifying ways, while the Inhabited program apparently overwrites the personal shape with a generic shape, which is why they all look and act the same. I think if I try, I'll be able to use the ring to manipulate these shapes in other people, maybe even reset them to earlier versions. This is all highly theoretical at the moment, so don't get any hopes up, but if things work out as I want them to, I might be able to reset those afflicted by wendigoism to before they were infected.
But let's walk before we run, first I'll have to see if I can get the ring to show me the shapes of people and compare those of wendigoes to regular Tö.

Ring action: Get the ring to display the shapes of people and compare those of wendigoes with regular Tö

Later on, Sucy noticed that there were still some available Cestuses lying around, so she grabbed two of them, took their blades and affixed them to her shoes, so that her kicks would be extra sharp.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 37 -> 38 -> 43 -> 50 -> Ascension
Kicking +45

Actions:
Steal Collect 7 glory from Nailbound and ascend
Heal the wounded with Mushrooms: 2d100+25 94 Updated after resonation
Grab a CQC skillcore for Snorkus: 1d100 52
Loot two cestuses and stick their blades to the tips of her boots: 1d100 72
Drink the two Mushbrewm from Snorkus and Hat: 2d4 3
Ring action: get the ring to show people's shapes and compare a wendigo to a regular Tö.

Ah gently caress, accidentally quoted instead of editing, guess I'll leave this here as the most current list of my actions

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 13, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
HP: 3/3
Glory: 0 - > 1
Kicking +45

Actions list:
Ring Action: Run diagnostics on the saddle
Trade Saddle to Pythag in return for his flatpack, Math, and Computation skill core, eat those
Give Brüm to Neebs
Loot Sitting Still skill core: 1d100 8
Loot a Frölkyrie Battle Dress: 1d100 3
Main action: Calculate how to make changes to a temporary Inhabited personality then change it and remove it (the personality): 2d100+15 136

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 15, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 0 - > 1
Kicking +45

Visibly annoyed at her changes malfunctioning this quickly, Sucy took leave from Qwäg, promising to keep working on the project. If she was to make any further forays into the strange technology of the OGs, she'd need a different skill core than what she had had available so far. Searching the camp for any core that might fit the bill, she heard that Pythag had just cut his math skill core out of himself. Luckily he had survived, so she wouldn't be as much of a vulture if she approached him for a trade.
As it turned out, Pythag had not only his Math core, but also a Computation skill core lying around, and was looking to get rid of them. Speaking to him, Sucy found that Pythag the Honourable was a lot easier to talk to than Pythag the Mathematician had been, changing his primary skill core seemed to have been a truly transformative experience. As the two chatted away, a deal was quickly struck to get Pythag back into the saddle in return for the two skill cores and his flat pack, in case Sucy needed to lay down some prolonged archer fire. Sucy quickly proceeded to slot in the computation skill core, following it up with the Math core, which should resonate quickly. As an added favour to Pythag, she also slipped on her ring to inspect the saddle for any special properties that the OG tech might detect. She had had the saddle for quite a while, but her plodder didn't take to it well, so she hadn't yet spared the time to find out if the strangely comfortable feeling you got while sitting on it was just good craftsmanship or something more than that.
Bidding farewell to Pythag, she left the field hospital and went looking whether she could rustle up another skill core that she could perhaps resonate with her new computation skill core. Looking through the spares that were assembled in front of the Thumbscrew, she quickly decided that the Sitting still core might work, as Math involved a lot of that.
With her newly upgraded boots, Sucy decided that she wouldn't need her old brüm anymore and resolved to find and gift it to the Salestö Neebs, perhaps she would have some use for the extra stock. Neebs was easy to locate, as she was always at the centre of hustle and bustle of the horde, trying to earn some extra coin or glory. Leaving the brüm with her together with some words of appreciation, Sucy then continued on to the armory of Noostra. She was looking for a Frölkyrie Battle Dress, an armor worn by the butterfly-riding all-female elite unit of Gornichon's army. However, since Gornichon wasn't based from Noostra, the armory proved a complete bust on this, with the only consolation price being a dress shop that offered a civilian replica of the Battle Dress that Sucy found on the way back. Well, it was better than nothing, so she changed into it, determined to acquire her own if they ever met Gornichon on the field of battle.
With all the shopping done, Sucy returned to the problem of manipulating people's shapes. Clearly the best test subjects for this would be the Inhabited, as their temporary personalities had been stripped down to a minimum. Where wendigo shapes were complex and hard to see and understand, the Inhabited should be the easiest possible test case. Additionally, once the masks were removed the temporary shapes should fall away, leaving the original Frömen without any permanent damage. Grabbing a few test subjects, Sucy set down, slipped on the ring and began calculating and poking and prodding the shapes she saw. Ideally she would be able to first affect changes to their personality, ideally turning them friendly, then stop the suppression of their skill cores and if everything worked out, she'd try to remove the temporary shape from the Frö to see if she could force the Inhabitation to end without killing them. It would take time to figure out these modifications, but in this dark and featureless void she had nothing if not plenty of time.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 1 - > 2
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Sucy spoke up: We should ultimately go to Ohl, but there's an OG Administrator that Qwäg discovered not too far from here which we should make a detour for, it'd certainly yield valuable relics for taking the fortress.

Also picking up the pile of sharp stuff, let me know if anyone has specific plans with it

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 23, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

#3. Bound To Us, All Of Us (70 Glory) and 7. Heartwood Weathers The Harshest Storm (50 Glory) sound good!

:same:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 2 - > 3 (Honko Bonk) -> 4 (post)
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Sucy looked around the field that contained the OG Administrator. Accessing it would require a lot of digging that she and her legs could not really provide. Instead she decided she'd prepare for accessing whatever it was that they'd uncover. Her experience with the Inhabited showed that her ring had some shortcomings when it came to manipulating things and their code. However, one of the ways that code could apparently be transmitted was through nails, so it was important to understand how they stored and transmitted data. While nearly all nails in the horde's possession were in use, there were the ones that Humbug had pulled out of himself, which could hopefully be studied safely.
Asking around where they had ended up, Sucy arrived at Magda's cart, where some mook had just dropped them off at some point. Promising Magda not to put them into anyone (she wasn't Snödis after all), she grabbed them and found a semi-quiet place where she could start her investigations.
Kicking off development of the Thumbnail: 2d100+3+45 157

When she had extracted all the information from the nails that she could, she remembered that she was still carrying around the vault key. It was likely that the key itself was more than just an inert object and that it contained code that authorised its wielder to access OG vaults. They were currently not, however, excavating an OG Vault, but an Administrator, which could possibly require a higher security clearance than the vault key would give her. So she pulled the key out of her hair and put on the ring again and began studying the key more closely, trying to identify whether it contained some sort of authorising credentials, and if so how they worked, in case she'd need to spoof them later on.
Ring action: Examine the Vault Key for user credentials

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 4 - > 5
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Sucy skipped ahead of Magda to the entrance of the Administrator Vault. The others were descending rapidly and she wanted in on the action. While rappelling down, she took a closer look, aided by her ring, at the semi-Töan forms embedded in the walls, to see if there was anything in them that was still alive or worked in any fashion.

Ring Action: Examine the Wall-Töans

As she arrived at the bottom of the giant, nail-shaped structure, Neebs was just stumbling into the giant armor, drunkenly trying to operate(?) it. A courageous move for sure. Sucy decided that caution would be too slow here, so she resolved to try and help Neebs with her attempt. She pulled out her ring and started working at getting the armor up and running and Neebs authorisation to use it.

Calculate a way to let Neebs operate the armor: 2d100+4+20 120

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 5 - > 6
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Huh, so the armor was a way to channel some remnant of the OGs. Interesting.
Sucy studied the interactions of it with grimper and the other horde members and decided that she needed to take decisive action.
She sauntered over to Splut, approaching him innocently: Hey Splut, would you mind if I borrowed Veilpiercer for a bit? I'm trying to work something out that I could use its assistance with.

Veilpiercer in hand, she retreated into a corner where the Administrator would hopefully not pay any attention to her. There she put on her ring and called up the diagnostics she had run earlier on the vault key. Using Veilpiercer she combed through them to find any identification of its original owner that she could use to try and create a fake supervisor profile she could cite as their previous one.
Ring Action: Create a fake supervisor id

If she could convince the Administrator that their supervisor had perished in an accident, maybe she could also convince it to appoint her as interim supervisor until a new one was appointed which might give her additional privileges. (And it didn't seem like a new supervisor was very likely to be forthcoming any time soon.)
Like her beloved mushrooms she would grow into a new mo(u)ld, changing her capabilities. She messaged the Administrator:

Administrator 17, we were assigned to Supervisor 1754/A3, but the Supervisor perished in a workplace accident. Before he passed away from his injuries he appointed me as interim Supervisor until a new one can be assigned to us, entrusting me with his control unit. I would request that you formally instate me as Interim Supervisor so that productivity of the facility does not suffer.

Grow into the new mo(u)ld of Interim Supervisor: 2d100+5+25 174

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 4, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy

Sucy slowly got back up on her feet, her legs still wobbling a little from the sudden paralysis she had been struck with. Opting to engage him directly this time, since he didn't seem to appreciate being adressed in text form, she formulated new questions: So, considering the [Low Yot Challenge] our Overseer is using, is there any way to transfer a unit's [Experience/Glory] as well as their [shape] to a new body, or is the degeneration inherent to our [shapes]? Additionally, is there an upgrade that speeds up the pace at which [Experience/Glory] is gained? What is the original purpose of a [mirror shackle] and how would it be used properly? Were [skill cores] a feature that was part of the initial design of the [game] or are they a sign of our degeneration?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy

Sucy got quiet after the revelation that monsterism was going to destroy the world. She addressed the administrator again: Are you certain that it's the corruption causing the damage to the core, and not the damaged core causing the corruption?
Also, please ping the other Administrators to ascertain how bad the spread of corruption is. Additionally: Is the Core a location in this world that we can find, or does it have to be accessed in some other fashion?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 6 - > 7
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Sucy cursed Trinh as she interrupted their impromptu Q&A session with the Administrator. She had been so close to finding out where the Core was located and if it could be used to reverse corruption!
Instead of swearing at her however, she helped Neebs get out of the harness. As she returned to consciousness under the ministrations of Gryph, Ringo and Verika, Sucy quipped at her: Hey Neebs, you are looking mighty... symmetrical.
After Neebs had fallen back into unconsciousness, Sucy picked up her small frame, eyed the distance between the opposing walls of the Administrator Vault and began ascending the structure by repeatedly kicking herself off the walls, thus slowly climbing back out.
Back topside she began preparing things to seal the structure up and remove any trace of their presence. Security through obscurity was the best policy here. And let's face it, any wannabe thief would need a vault key first to access the site.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 6 - > 7
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Calculate the best places for sleeper agents to hide: 2d100+20+6 197

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 7 - > 8
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Sucy looked over the sleeping town and considered their options: I say we go in quiet, take the private ship and name it the Hampede. Then we slip away as quick as we can. Between the head start from going on quiet and our ship's speed we should be nearly unable to catch up to.

Kick the guards off the boat: 2d100+45+10+7 212

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 8 - > 9 -> 8 (X-Bow) -> 3 (Boomstick)
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Standing at the edge of the recently "liberated" Revenge, Sucy watched Teret grow smaller as they gained distance from it. Turning around, she saw Magda start getting her wagon ready for the usual sales process. Magda looked at her and signaled that she'd have to finish this first, so Sucy decided to help her out by going below deck and making sure that the mooks didn't miss anything important when they looted the ship.
The Revenge looked like it was a military ship, so perhaps it contained some supplies for Gornichon and she could pilfer a Frölkyrie Battle Dress from its holds.
Loot a Frölkyrie Battle Dress from the Revenge's Cargo hold: 1d100 81

After thoroughly searching the hold, Sucy returned back up top, to see what the rear end-Kicker intended on teaching her.
rear end-Kicking with Magda: 2d100+45+8 228

After they finished, Sucy took the opportunity to upgrade her Bow-Harp to a Crossbow, trading in her flatpack and buying a boomstick, they'd probably need it when they arrived at the Gateway Fortress.

When she had finished, she spotted Neebs drunkenly stumbling across the deck with script showing up on her eyes. She was probably suffering from aftereffects of the possession she had gone through before. But if there was still a link between her and the administrator, perhaps it could be used to gather some more information. Sucy approached her and asked her Where is the Central Core?

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 28, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 3 -> 4
Kicking +45
Calculation +20
Aspiring Nailsmith: Every Downtime, Sucy can roll 1d10 and spend the result in any combination to reduce the cost of the Ritual(s) of her choice.

When Magda and her had finished the first session of Sucy's training, Sucy finally became aware of the hustle and bustle of the ship again, most notably a group of voices was arguing up on the deck.
Figuring that the horde was most likely voting on the next course of action again, she said her goodbyes to the exhausted Magda and climbed the stairs to get back up.
Stepping onto the deck, she was momentarily blinded by the brightness, as she had spent what felt like days in the dimly lit cargo hold. Blinking several times, she accidentally laid eyes on Snödis and immediately regretted it.
The Monsterist captain had apparently finished her metamorphosis and turned into something truly wretched. The training with Magda had made Sucy sensitive to the code that was present everywhere and the code that made up Snödis was so utterly corrupted that it made Sucy violently ill just being in her vicinity.
She ran over to the side of the boat aaaaand there was her last meal again.
After taking a few minutes to recompose herself, she walked back over to the group, keeping a deliberate distance from Snödis and avoiding looking at her directly.
Joining the chorus of voices, she argued to take one more break before assaulting the Gateway Frötress, as they needed to finish their last rituals and deal with Gado.
On that note, she disengaged from the group again, and sought out Gryph, Zapanda, Verika and Gado, gathering them all together in a remote corner of the boat.
She addressed them in a conspiratorial huddle: So, with the recent revelations regarding the nature of corruption and the importance of the central skill core, I figure we can devise an experimental treatment for you Gado.
First of all, your central skill core is still uncorrupted Gado, right? Because if it is not, this won't work.
My plan is to craft a nail that will defragment Gado's code, so we'll need Verika and her smithing core to craft the nail, and Zapanda to help me design the code that the nail will carry. While you might not be proficient with code, I think that the serum you developed might have triggered some sort of rudimentary reset or defragmentation, so we'll need to figure out how to translate this into script and hopefully make it permanent.
We will also have to remove the corrupted engineering core beforehand, otherwise it will just restart the corruption process I believe. So for added safety we'll want either you Gryph or one of your squad mates to be present for the procedure and the inevitable medical complications of the defragmentation process.
So, are you guys on board for this?

After the group had ironed out the details of the plan, Sucy took Zapanda aside under the guise of talking further about the technical details of designing code for the nail.
When they were as far away from the others as it was possible under the cramped conditions of the ship, she switched topics:
Look, we all know what's coming up, and I doubt that Grimper has anything good in store for you and your researchers. I'd much rather you lived, because I recently acquired the locations of all 27 administrators around the globe and I plan on mounting an expedition to find them and see if we can do anything about corruption on a global scale.
I think you and your team would be a good fit for this, so if you're interested, I'll do my best to free you guys during the chaos of the Gateway battle. I figure if you leg it, you should have enough of a head start that Grimper will be too lazy to pursue you once he sobers up from his victory celebration. Then, once the war is over we can meet up in Föstis, because we'll need to acquire the code of the vault there, as it is able to defragment several people at a time. Between that and the administrators, perhaps we can find a way to stem or even reverse the growth of corruption around the globe. So, what do you say?

After receiving Zapanda's response, Sucy made the rounds to several other members of the horde to see if they were interested in joining her, though she didn't tell them about her plans regarding Zapanda.

Cause, what do you say about joining me on an expedition after the war is over? I have the location of a number of Old Guy ruins and I could use the help of someone as skilled in the arts of dodging giant boulders and ducking under blade traps as you are.
Noggins, I know you're eager to lay down your weapons and pick up your tools again after the war, but I plan to tackle the biggest repair job in the world after the war is over and I could use the brawn and honor of you and your knights in its pursuit, if you would lend it to me.
Splut, I'm not sure what your next venture is going to be after the war, but if you or any of your squad mates would like to wear a white hat for a while, I could use your finesse in a quest to stop monsterism from spreading further. And since we'll be investigating several OG sites, I'm sure it will be profitable for you too.
Neebs, you have been directly touched by an administrator, I think your connection to their systems would be a most valuable asset to our expedition, if you want to join us, I'd be happy to have you.

She made her rounds like this, letting everyone know that they could approach her if they wanted to join her.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 4, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 4 -> 5
Kicking +45
Calculation +20
Aspiring Nailsmith: Every Downtime, Sucy can roll 1d10 and spend the result in any combination to reduce the cost of the Ritual(s) of her choice.

Her rounds made, Sucy returned to the forge, where she practiced some of the nailsmithing techniques that Magda had taught her, while working on one of the rituals the Horde had found earlier. After a while Verika joined her and Sucy passed on some of the techniques she'd need to forge the nail for the operation they were planning.
Work on One of Us, All of Us: 1d10 10
As they were working, Verika began to talk:

quote:

"I mean, It's not that I'm not excited to learn Nailsmithing, Sucy - in fact quite the opposite: I've never been more ready!"
[...]
"It's just that you said we should "defragment" Gado's "code," as if that's a simple process for us to perform. I assume you mean to reproduce the effects whatever happened to Hob and me and the others at the Vile Mechanism in Fostis, correct?"
"Yeah, kinda. Though not the entirety of it. The Vile Mechanism was actually the first time I saw code being tampered with, though I didn't know it at the time. The way I remember it, there were two discrete steps to what the Vile Mechanism did. First it defragmented everyone that was affected by it, which is how Hob stopped being a Wendigo, then in a second step the Mechanism took parts of everyone but Ringo and used them to upgrade Ringo into what you can see over there" she replied, while pointing over to where Ringo was towering over everyone else.
I figure that ideally I can replicate just the first step using this nail we're working on, but obviously this is all very experimental, so I can't promise anything, though I AM optimistic about our chances. One thing that I haven't been able to figure out though, was how the Mechanism treated Hob's Wendigoism, since the Administrator told us that in order for corruption to be corrected, a person's [Central Skill Core] needs to be uncorrupted, and Hob's Bee-Keeping Core was definitely corrupted at the time. For now I'm just chalking it up to the Mechanism being more powerful, but I'd like to go back to Föstis at some point and take a closer look at the Mechanism.
After a bit more work, she handed the hammer off to Verika, so she could start work on the nail proper and went to find Neebs, as her Oracle-abilities could help her and Zapanda work out the code they'd need to inscribe into the nail. When she had found and sufficiently boozed her up, Sucy readied her ring and queried the connection Neebs had to the administrator:
Please provide me with the code that is needed to start the defragmentation process in a [unit]

Armed with the knowledge that the administrator had passed on to her, Sucy made her way over to Gryph and his medic team, to check on the status of Gado's Core-endectomy, as they would need to get rid of the corrupt skill core first, before the defragmentation could happen. Finding everything to be proceeding in order, she made her way back to Zapanda, who had readied her research and the two compounds she had developed.
Together the two of them dove into analyzing the code Sucy had received, used Sucy's ring to look at the compounds and how they interacted with animal test subjects (graciously donated by Grumbus) and developed the experimental code that they would use in the world's first Rampant Monsterism-reversal operation.
Develop code for Defragmentation Spike: 2d100+4+20 186
With the code finished, Sucy began the delicate process of transcribing it onto the nail, all while sweating profusely, because a single error could have terrible consequences.
After several hours of concentrated work however, Sucy had finished the transcription and gingerly took hold of the Defragmentation Spike.
She walked over to where the Medics had conducted the Surgery on Gado and were now prepping in case of any complications. With a bunch of onlookers around them, Sucy nodded appreciatively at her collaborators, Verika, Zapanda, Gryph and Neebs, before raising her arms.
And then she pushed the nail into Gado's neck.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 5 -> 6 (Gado) -> 7
Kicking +45
Calculation +20
Breaker’s Hands: Once per conflict, each individual Sieger can make an additional roll towards building fortifications or other sieging gear tailored towards the conflict. Additionally, double the bonus on consumables used for violent combat use.

Sucy slipped the Mirror Shackle off her finger and wiped sweat from her brow. Grabbing a nearby barrel, she took a seat, as her legs were ready to give out from under her. The procedure had been intense, but Gado was alive, and as far as she could tell the Monsterism had been purged from his system AND he was still alive, it really could not have gone much better.
Sucy had seen so much during the procedure, she had to sort through it all to make heads and tails of it. Perhaps some time spent crafting nails would help, so she made her way over to the forge.
Work on One of Us, All of Us: 1d10 1
Urgh, it was no use, she was too distracted. With the reject pile next to her steadily growing, Sucy decided that she would have to do something else to clear her head.
Come to think of it, Starn had been nagging her squad to upgrade their siege weaponry. Or rather, he had been doing so more in the recent days, so Sucy decided that the thing she needed was to get back to her roots. Literally in this case, as recently, with all the OG revelations, she hadn't had any time to work on any mushroom related projects. So she grabbed the Törrible Ram and gave it a mushroom makeover, because everything was better with more mushrooms.
Upgrade to the Mushram: 2d100+25+5 167
With her head clear again, Sucy walked over to Magda, ready to receive more instructions and put what they had learned into practice.
Kick more rear end with Magda: 2d100+45+5 127
Reroll 1: 1d100+20 97
Total: 223

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 15, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 7 -> 8
Kicking +45
Calculation +20
Breaker’s Hands: Once per conflict, each individual Sieger can make an additional roll towards building fortifications or other sieging gear tailored towards the conflict. Additionally, double the bonus on consumables used for violent combat use.

Sucy watched the other horde members cut the chains that were inhibiting their progress while working on more nails for the ritual. Ignoring these repeated warnings was likely not the best idea, but they had chosen to go down the tributary, so it's not like they could turn back now. Work on the nails was slow going, but she did make some progress.
Work on Bound to Us, All of Us: 1d10 5
As she was working, both Portha and Qwäg approached her to talk about the possibility of repairing corrupted cores:

Bee Bonk posted:

"I hav͠e ̸a̶ ͠cle̴a̧n ̨d̕u̧p͟licate̷ ţơ my̛ cor̢rup͠t͢ ͠c̢ore̸ h̛e̸r̕e," she muttered, patting the pouch in question and looking to the Cleaner. "I͞ ҉k̡n̕ow yòu'́r͟e̵ wo̴rki̛ng o̴n ͘clea̕ni̢n̨g ͠c̕òres͞...Th̶i̧s i̧s̕n̷'͏t͘ ̨my ̴f̷ie̵l͞d o͟f̧ ͏exp͡erti͝se, bu̶t̨ I had̵ a͝n͠ i͞dl̶e̶ ̸t͜h͘oųgh̶t. Per͠h̶aps ҉y͞ou ̕c͏an Imag͡i͘ne ͞som̡e̡t͢hi҉n͞g͢ b͏e͏t́t̸e͠r. ͡.̨.̀if̸ ̷w̴e w͠e͢r̀e̶ to͢ ͏tręat t̛h͏i̶s c҉o͜r̨e̸ wi͘t̛h̛ ̢de̕fra̕gm͜e̛n̶t̴ary comp͟oun͟ds,̕ th͢en ͟fus̡e̢ ̀it wit҉h͝ my̴ ͟corrup̴t çore,͏ what̢ d̨o̴ ỳou͘ th̡i͏nk wo̧uld͢ ͘happ͞e͞n?"
Qwäg shrugs, corrupt veins pulsing, and turns to the Mycologist.
"͞J͟usţ a ͝th̷ou͢g̀h̴t. A̡s͢ I ̷hav̷e͘ said,͘ I̷ ̴am͞ ͜av͟ailab̵le̵ ̨t͝o ͞as͘s͞i̧s͡t y̵our effor̴t̢s."
Huh, that is an intriguing proposal. As with Gado's surgery I must stress beforehand, that everything we're doing here is extremely experimental and correspondingly risky, but I'm sure you of all people are aware of that.
I see two ways we could go about it, I think the safer option would be to perform a corendectomy on your corrupted core, perform the experimental core cleaning and then replace it, that way we could figure out if the procedure works at all and perform a second operation to remove the monsterism later. However there is a chance that the core gets corrupted again after we re-insert it, and we need a clean core for the procedure to work. I also can't promise that trying to restore you from a cleaned merged core will work and if it does that you will be 100% the same as you were before the infection.
Alternatively we could try to do it in one go and perform the cleaning procedure without removing the core, but it should be obvious that this is riskier in several ways. What do you think?

Later on Sucy sifted through the pile of skill cores the horde had gathered and grabbed the horticulture core, as that likely contained knowledge that was compatible with her mushroom core
Claim Horticulture core: 1d100 71

During the ambush by the feral wendigo, Sucy advocated that despite the difficulty inherent in it, the horde should work to Capture the wendigo, as they would need a test-subject for the cure of wendigoism they were working on.
She joined the rest of the Siege Team in creating an anti-Wendigo bolt and then entered the fray in the fight against the wendigo proper, as always feet first:
Calculate how to create a Wendibolt: 1d100+20+7 40 Wendibolt 2nd d100: 1d100 60
Total: 100
Deal with Drenched Wendigo by kicking some aquatic rear end: 2d100+45+10+7+3 149

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 17, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 9 -> 10 -> 0
Skills: Mushrooms +30
Kicking +50
Calculation +20

As she was working on the next set of nails, Sucy quietly cursed Portha and her wild experimentation. They'd have to perform operations to stop the rampant monsterism that several horde members had contracted. At least her anger helped her hammer out those nails quickly:
Work on Heartwood Weathers The Harshest Storm: 1d10 10
Additionally invest 10 Glory in Heartwood
She left the completed nails and some extra glory tokens with Magda, before heading off to meet with Verika and Gryph to prepare for the Surgery. Ringo was currently trying to burn out the monsterism using his esprit, so Sucy kept a close watch of his progress, if he didn't manage to do it on his own, he'd be the first subject they'd treat:
Calculate more Rampant Monsterism Removal, starting with Ringo if neccessary: 2d100+20+9 122
As they were working on the surgeries, the horde began debating what to do about Zapanda, Sucy made sure to make her opinion known:
Horde vote: No on turning Zapanda
As they got closer to the Gateway Fortress, Sucy grabbed supplies from the ship's storage and began repairing and replacing the parts of the ship's armor that had been damaged by the Wendigo, slowly working her way to the rooms that the scientists were being held in. Carrying several planks of wood she entered the room and began working, making sure that to everyone outside her work noises drowned out what she was saying to the group of scientists:
Alright, we're approaching the Fortress, and we all know that Grimper isn't going to keep you guys around after that. Upstairs they're currently debating whether to convert you guys using a ritual, and while I've voiced my objection, I don't know which way the vote will go, so I'm going to prepare for the worst.
Breaker's hands: Repair the ship armor: 2d100+50 108
Kicking several more planks into place she grabbed two items from her bag:
If the vote goes the wrong way, they'll come for you. The section of the hull I just repaired should give way easily if you use this boomstick. So take this crossbow to hold them off and stay clear from the explosion.
With that she handed Zapanda the Crossbow and the boomstick.
Hand Boomstick and Heavy Crossbow off to Zapanda
If the vote goes the right way, I'd recommend you wait until we're at the Fortress and slip away in the confusion, but I've given you what you'll need to make that choice on your own. In case you want to join me in researching the Administrators after the war, meet me in Föstis, I'll go back there to take a closer look at the Vile Mechanism and its ability to repair Wendigoes. Good luck!
With that she slipped out of the room again.
With the deed done, Sucy sat down for a while with Neebs, catching up with her and getting drunk together. After a while both of them were sufficiently inebriated that Sucy had forgotten about Neebs' ability and Neebs could access it, and an idle thought struck Sucy:
Hey Neebs, how do you think the Vile Mechanism cleared up Hob's Wendigoism, considering that his core was fully corrupted?
She was startled and quickly sobered up when the machine-like response came a few seconds later.
With some more questions answered and new questions raised, Sucy sat down during the last leg of the journey and prepared some stimulating mushrooms for the charge on the Fortress.
Break Down that gate: Mushroom powered charge: 2d100+30+3 179

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 25, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

vorebane posted:

Cause
HP
3/3
Skills: Archaeology, Balance (cooldown) CQC +15
Glory23

Cause's nap had gone on a little longer than intended. Still groggy, he sprung into action, reloading every empty cannon he could find. As they approached the city, he set to the Queen's fore, hopefully building a figurehead that could break down that gate.

reload cannons!: 1d100 21

break down that gate: 1d100 51

During the river segment all skill cores reset every turn, so if you want, you can apply one to each of your rolls here.
And if you'd like I'm sure DK wouldn't object to you claiming one of the cores you missed last turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 0 -> 1
Skills: Mushrooms +30
Kicking +50
Calculation +20

After Grimper turned around in a huff, diffusing the situation around Zapanda, Sucy walked past Noggins, giving her an approving nod. She spent the rest of the trip crafting more nails, but there just wasn't enough time before they arrived at the Fortress.
With the ship crashed into the fortress, Sucy rallied to Captain Starn, ready to calculate the best target for their shot.
Calculate firing solution for the Töbuchet: 2d100+20 80