Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Portrait: G9
Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 0 -> 1
Skill: Basket Weaving

Backstory: Good. Queen. Dead! No. More. Buy. Baskets! No. Baskets. No. Food. For. Family! Burn! Pillage! Maim! Loot! For. Family!

Action: Hit. The. Gate!: 1d100 80

Horde Name: The Queen's 100


***** Edit *****

Never mind, figured out the hosting thing, thanks!

CourValant fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2017 around 03:59

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Successful Businessmanga posted:

You have a space in your first [img] tag.

Actually I put it there on purpose so the text will show up, otherwise it just 'blanks out' the line.

Scribbleykins posted:

That's not the issue he's having - I had the same thing happen to me. It's probably some feature designed to draw hits to the photobucket site by making it impossible to link directly to the image itself.

Save on stress and just use the image you'll be provided by DogKisser, Cour.

Thanks, I'll do just that!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Successful Businessmanga posted:

If you really need an image right now.

Thanks! Figured it out through LPix, which is probably a better solution for this anyways, appreciate the advice!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

super sweet best pal posted:

Photobucket is so bad I'm surprised they hadn't shut down years ago.

I'm kinda surprised as well; I haven't used that account in years, and it used to work flawlessly with linking images before, so

Anyways, LPix works great, so, upwards and onwards!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 1 -> 2
Skill: Basket Weaving

Action: Stick. Ogre. No. Buy. Basket!

Stick. Hit. Stick. Ogre!: 1d100+1 101

KILL. OGRE. SO. DED. Y. U. NO. BUY. BASKET?!?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 2 + 1 (extra glory) -> 3 + 1 (Action Glory Accumulation)
Skill: Basket Weaving

Interlude:

Bamboo quietly walked away from the rest of the horde and found a secluded spot by the ruins of the castle wall. There, she sifted through the rubble and fashioned herself a crude bench to lay on.

“What. A. Day!”, she muttered to herself. Who were these criminals and thugs she was now stuck with? And stealing, from the General? How was she to survive this war, if she was to rely on these lunatics?!!

Regardless, it was time to get some rest. More fighting was to come, a caravan to attack, loot to plunder, baskets to reclaim, and sell.

“For. My. Family.”

-----

Sometime later, after the horde has settled down, Bamboo went to the General’s tent, and found him hunched over a large table, looking at all sorts of ‘General’s Things’.

There was only one course of action. To attack without knowing whether or not they had baskets was foolhardy.

“General. Grimper. Sir! Volunteer. Scope. Caravan! Might. Have. Baskets!”

Strategic Vote: Scope it Out


***** Edit to Include Roll *****


Action: Scope. It. Out!: 1d100+3 96 [1d100=93]

CourValant fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2017 around 18:16

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 3 + 1 (Action Glory) + 1 (Story Glory) -> 5
Skill: Basket Weaving

Interlude:

Bamboo couldn’t believe the outcome; despite the complete lack of organization amongst the Horde, they had won.

No, more than that, they had crushed the enemy. From her vantage point in the tree, Bamboo witnessed the lopsided victory first hand. It was even set to a soundtrack, provided by that stage musician.

Well, a win was a win; none of the Horde got hurt, and now, it was time for the some scavenging.

One of the Skillcores looked promising; Sitting Quietly would greatly aid her in her basket weaving.

Action: Roll for Loot (1): 1d100 14

*** I’m a little confused as to claiming Skillcores; is it first come, first served, or are we rolling for them? If we roll for Skillcores, please see my roll above. If we’re not rolling for Skillcores, then please apply my roll towards general ‘Looting’ ***

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 5 + 1 (Downtime Story Glory) -> 6
Skill: Basket Weaving

Interlude:

Bamboo stood there, mouth agape, almost unable to comprehend what just happened; the brutality and stupidity of the Horde was astonishing! As always, the end result was someone else had to suffer the consequences, not that the perpetrators cared.

Was ‘Do. No. Steal!’ really that hard to understand? Warlord Grimper already showed he did not suffer fools. And now they were down one; ninety-nine left to go. For what seemed like the 10th time this day, Bamboo resigned herself to not making through this war alive.

So, because of the thieves, she and most of the Horde were left without loot, and without skillcores; absentmindedly, she wandered over to a nearby cooking fire and sat down beside it, trying to ward off a chill which had crawled into her soul.

Bamboo needed baskets. Or loot. Or both.

“For. My. Family.”

*****

The Horde was once more gathered around the Warlord to plan for the next assault, and while Bamboo was only half paying attention, her ears perked when she heard about a rich town, rich with plunder.

Some already had the same idea.

“Go. To. Noostra!"

"Ritual. Of. The. Nail! What. Is. It?”

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Mithross posted:

(I'm already holding a funeral for the guy, FYI, come join Patsy at the graveside he was lonely)

What the heck, why not?

*****

Bamboo silently walks up the grave site where Flutter was being laid to rest by a few other members of the Horde.

She remained apart, at the edge of the gathering, almost hiding behind the other detritus laying around them.

'How many more?', she asked to herself, 'How many more will die before this war is over, and our Queen is avenged?'

Likely all of them.

And why everybody, herself included, was caught up in the looting and scavenging of the dead, it was a good thing that at least someone remembered what it was to be civilized.

Perhaps, when it was her time to be put into the cold ground, someone would show some kindness to her.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

big bag of nacho cheese posted:

(If you're one of the 20 or so Töans not included in this image, it's because I hate you you'll be in the next one.)

Cool art, well done!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 6 -> 6 + 1 (Action Glory)
Skill: Basket Weaving [Activated this turn, cool down next turn]

Interlude:

Bamboo listened to the Warlord and pondered her choices. As usual, the more impatient of the Horde were already rushing off to execute some form of suicidal plan.

Stealth and cunning had worked well against the caravan, and there was no reason not to believe it wouldn’t work here again.

So, Bamboo set off, to Blend In with the crowd. It felt right, naturally. After all, her life before the Horde was as a simple artisan, the weaver of baskets. Blending in amongst the people was easy for her; she was one of them, and she Wove through the townsfolk with practiced grace.

Action: Blend In [‘Weave’. Through. The. Town]: 1d100+10+6: 39 [1d100=23]

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Cornbread has been there since the start, so he should have 6 glory at the end of this turn. Please do correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere.

There was a round where the top 6 rollers got an extra +1 Glory, Bamboo being one of them.

DK also granted someone an extra +1 Glory due to a story post.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

I guess what I'm getting at is that no one has 8 Glory - not yet!

Sounds good.

As a check, is my (Bamboo's) Glory correct? Currently at 6, going in to 7 next round.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Looks correct to me! I should have used your character as a metric - Bamboo's Glory-accounting is rather meticulous!

Awww shucks, thanks!

Being meticulous with numbers and accounting is kinda what I do.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Team Cliffhanger~!

Wow; nice art dude.

Can't wait for the picture when we inevitably get to the Horde Blood Orgy scene.

Dog Kisser posted:

pity all of them are gonna die in a few hours when I update

Hmmm.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 7 -> 7 + 1 (Action Glory)
Skill: Basket Weaving [On Cool-Down -> Available]

Suggestion (In Town):

Bamboo cringed as the warning bells rang. Of course. Here she was, trying to blend in, and as usual, it all goes to ‘Pot’; only now she was in the town as it was rallying to defend itself.

Still, it could have been worst, at least the Horde was able to find some new recruits.

There’s nothing more for it, she supposed. They lost their surprise, time to rally those she could and storm the mayor’s office. There has to be baskets in there.

Come. With. Me! KILL. THE. MAYOR!!!

***** Edit *****

Are we making suggestions or actually rolling actions this round? If we're actually rolling, I'll edit in a roll once DK confirms.

***** Edit 2 *****

Action: Kill. The. Mayor!: 1d100+7 102 [1d100=95]

CourValant fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2017 around 02:05

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 7 -> 7
Skill: Basket Weaving [On Cool-Down]

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Aha! Dummy finally has a direction to charge in! With all the soldiers running towards the mighty stick army, Bamboo wants to kill the mayor! Surely that's very dangerous, so he can go first! Dummy charges right for the biggest, most fancy building in town to hit the biggest, most fancy person in town with his hammer!

Bamboo looked at Dummy and nodded her thanks and appreciation, while steeling herself for what was to come.

If only the rest of the Horde would come with her and Dummy, they could end this fight here and now, before more of then got killed.

"Horde. In. Town! Come. With. Us! Be. Like. Dummy! KILL THE MAYOR!!!"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Other notes:
CourValant/Bamboo, you forgot to post your roll for your plan to Kill the Mayor.

Hey Space, thanks for the note!

Your recaps are awesome, makes it much easier to follow the action.

I updated my original post this round to include the roll; it was a good one!

Action: Kill. The. Mayor!: 1d100+7 102 [1d100=95]

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

'Witness me, Grimper.'

Wow. We have to get the Horde to hold a blood orgy.

For the picture alone, we gotta.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Mithross posted:

That's it, you're in time out

Putting CourValant in time out: 1d100+8 = 10 What the gently caress orokos are you in on this!?

Action: Is Orokos in on this?: 1d100+7 23

CourValant is not placed in time out. However, it would appear Orokos is ambivalent about this whole 'Blood Orgy' thing.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 7 + 1 (Action Glory) -> 8
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Bamboo looked down at her blood-stained hands and came back to herself. It had happened again, just like the night the Queen was assassinated.

The rage, the fury, the hurt, the panic. Because the Queen wasn't the only one who died that night.

Her Family.

Her family, was . . . FINE! Yes, of course they were, back in their rooms in the Artisan Quarters of the Palace.

Fine, and waiting for her to come home. So many baskets were ruined that night, Bamboo had to make it right. Had to find more baskets, for her family.

With that though firmly locked in her mind, Bamboo turned away from the Mayor's body and began rummaging through his office.

Action: Search. The. Office.: 1d100+7 40 [1d100=33]

Dog Kisser posted:

Bamboo the Weaver took him from an unexpected angle - having woven her way through the crowd to take him from his blind spot - and blasted a powerful strike into his un-contortable skull. He saw double for a second, then saw nothing else. The Unexpectables fell upon him and stomped him into mush while laughing.

OOC: Are you freaking kidding me at how close this roll was?!?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

. . . nor give out too much Glory without unbalancing the game more than it already is . . .

Naw, just scale up the inflation, post WWI Deutsche Mark style!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 8 + 1 (Story Glory) -> 9
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Once more, night had fallen on The Unexpectables, and once more, Bamboo was at the edge of camp by herself.

For those who cared to look, she sat hunched over a bucket of water, illuminated by a small fire.

Over and over again, Bamboo plunged her hands and arms into the bucket, her body rocking slightly with the effort.

Washing, rinsing, scrubbing, rubbing, repeat. Washing, rinsing, scrubbing, rubbing, repeat. Washing, rinsing, scrubbing, rubbing, repeat.

The water, once clean, had long become filthy. Tinged with blood, tears, sweat, and the Reina knows what else.

"Must. Find. Baskets! Must. Find. Baskets!! Loot. For. Family! Loot. For. Family!! Horde. Take. Loot! None. For. Bamboo!!!"

It was not clear whose blood was flowing into the bucket. Bamboo's skin had been scraping off raw for some time now.

The Warlord's drunken bellowing brought her somewhat out of her trance. He was in a story telling mood again.

"The. Old. Guys!" Bamboo cried out into the night, "Tell. Us. About!! The. Old. Guys!!!"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Mithross posted:

actually it's 48/50 unless I miscounted, we just need two more

What's the exact count? Are we at 48, or did Prince of Space bump it up to 50?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Mithross posted:

I did not miscount, before the edit we were at 48/50 and we are now at 55/50.

Thanks.

Prince of Space posted:

The next time you're looting a Skillcore for yourself, think about all the soldiers with less Glory than you that made all this possible!

Yes, which was was why I asked; if we were missing 2, I was going to top off the buy.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 8 + 1 (Story Glory) -> 9
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Bamboo looked on without attachment as Humbug took the bucket away from her and practically shouted into her face.

He spoke for some time, though she couldn’t really make out what he said; she really wasn’t in a listening mood, and, she had already tuned out the Horde for the night.

Finally, Humbug placed 2 Glory into Bamboo’s raw, bleeding hands and closed her fingers around it. He looked at her, seemingly pleading for a response.

It wasn’t long in coming.

Bamboo pushed the 2 Glory back into Humbug.

”Glory. Is. Earned! Baskets. Are. Made!! Bamboo. Not. Horde!!!

With that, she stood up, and walked off into the night.

Scribbleykins posted:

----> 2 Glory given to Bamboo

Appreciate the gesture. However, Bamboo is quite the damaged little Hordling; you’ll see just how much as the story progresses.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?


Lovely. As always.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

That actually might not be a bad way of going about it - giving him Ritual Glory-bucks or something that don't improve his character directly but will benefit the Horde by being spent on Rituals only.

No problems here, Prince definitely deserves some recognition for the art he's been putting out!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 9 + 1 (Action Glory) + 1 (Bonus Glory) -> 11
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Bamboo played incessantly with the 'nail' hammered into her shoulder. Poked, pinched, pulled. Poked, pinched, pulled. Poked, pinched, pulled.

It was a part of her now, much like the Horde. As much as she didn't want it. As much as she didn't want to be here. As much as she needed her family, and they needed her.

Well, if she couldn't leave them, at least she could leave them for a little while.

Dog Kisser posted:

[HORDE VOTE]
[*]Take Most Rations

Dog Kisser posted:

[*]Priority Mission: Investigate Old Guys Relic - [Difficulty 8]

Bamboo found Gigs studying the note he had found in the Mayor's Office.

"Note. Seems. Important! Old. Guys. Relic!! More. Than. Baskets!!!"

**** Edit - Forgot the Roll ***

Action: Investigate. Old. Guys. Relic!!: 1d100+9 67 [1d100=58]

CourValant fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2017 around 17:37

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:



Stårn Terrible Ram

Well. Done.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 11 -> 11
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Bamboo walked into the vault and stood in awed silence. The grey-green glow from the translucent metal transfixed her, and she looked around with unfocused eyes, seemingly not really seeing what she was looking at.

Seeing the panel with the buttons, she positioned herself within easy pressing distance, and hovered her hand within a finger's breadth of the mechanism.

"Gigs. GiGs. GIGS!", she whispered, loudly "Great. Power. Here! Old. Guys. Baskets!! Weave. Buttons. Together!!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

Draw it, describe it, argue over it, I'll let you decide on how your Horde will represent itself on the field of battle, when you're not just beating up a bunch of miners or tired caravan guards!

Paging PrinceOfSpace; this one is all you buddy.

Please express the Cluster Eff that is The Unexpectables in banner form?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

It's not that I don't want to design something fun this weekend, it's just that I wouldn't want to discourage other people from also sharing their banner ideas!



Well, someone put a banner together showing this Cluster of a Horde then.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 11 -> 11
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Bad Seafood posted:

Would there be any volunteers for the coward's way out while the rest of them bravely risked their lives fiddling with bizarre, unknowable technology?

Bamboo continued to hover her hand within a fingers width of the buttons.

"Gigs. GiGs. GIGS! Bamboo. Must. Stay! Old. Guys. Baskets!! Weave. The. Buttons!!!"

Bad Seafood posted:

(Sorry for the delay in posting, work stuff came up.)

Dude, never, ever, apologize for being busy with work.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

5. "The Unexpectable Horde" 100-Patch Quilt Banner


I like this one.

You're the best Prince, of Space

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 11 + 1 (Action Glory) > 12
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]


"Gigs. GiGs. GIGS! You. Lead. Team!! Bamboo. Support. Queen!!!"

Action:

>Support Gigs' Decision: 1d100+11 40 [1d100=29]

CourValant fucked around with this message at Oct 22, 2017 around 22:46

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Unexpectables: I

National: L

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:


is the Unexpectable's standard, The Golden Slinker!

Not my first choice, and, I can live with it.

Dog Kisser posted:

Y'all are weirdoes.

"Not. Bam. Boo!!"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 12 + 1 (Action Glory) > 13
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

Dog Kisser posted:

[*]Lean On The Townspeople - Difficulty 10
They weren’t cooperating. Make them cooperate, by force. But without hurting them, too much. Grimper’s orders.

-[In-Town]-

Bamboo watched Gigs watch the townsfolk with an intense . . . scowl? She couldn't tell if he was about to start knocking heads or order lunch.

For her part, Bamboo didn't want to raise her fist again in anger; she didn't want to do it in the first place. Yet, here she was, part of this Horde, part of Grimper's army.

When she saw her Teammate's legs get cut off in the ‘Oh-Geez’ Vault, there was an urge to grab one of the limbs and use it as a club. Thankfully, that urge past and she exited the underground without another word, going back to the surface with no further comment.

Bamboo wasn't sure what Grimper wanted them to do, exactly. 'Lean On The Townspeople', whatever that meant.

Her Family wouldn't want her to turn into one of those who killer her Queen, would they?

"Does it really matter what your family wants?"

"Family. Home. Waiting!"

"They're not, actually."

"Family. Need. Baskets!"

"They really don't."

"Bamboo. Fix. This!"

"How long are you going to keep doing this?"

Bamboo shook her head furiously from side to side, trying to silence the other voice. What did he know? He wasn't helpful at all. What mattered was her Family, and her Family needed her now, more than ever. Her Family needed her to 'Lean On' someone.

Action:

> Looks around to find someone to 'Lean On': 1d100+12 33 [1d100=21]

Inspite of her need, Bamboo still couldn't quite bring herself to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?



Name: Bamboo
HP: 3
Glory: 13 + 1 (Story Glory) > 14
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

-[In-Town]-

Bamboo walked up to Magda’s shop wordlessly and began looking over the spoils of war.

While she wasn’t keen to do more fighting, and especially, killing, she also didn’t want to be ground up by all the violence surrounding her either; she needed some protection.

That being said, Bamboo wasn’t about to wear Fröman clothes either, no matter the need.

Rummaging through the stacks and piles of gear, she at last found something acceptable, a suit of Nondescript Leather Armor that would categorize her as perhaps a passing Soldier of Fortune, and nothing more.

Bamboo also tried to find an unclaimed Sikatris Scarf; it was a beautiful thing, completely unsuited for war. It reminded her of simpler times, when her life revolved around things other than this Horde.

Action:

> Roll to claim a Sikatris Scarf: 1d100 44

Slipping away again, Bamboo walked and walked and walked, trying to lose herself in the alleys and passages of the town. She was looking for something, to be sure, although she has no idea exactly what it is she was trying to find.

Just, something, anything, to help her Family.

Action:

> Roll to find ‘something, anything’: 1d100 29

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »