Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«67 »
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

if the actual afterlife works anything like the one in this show then each and every poster on this website except maybe the guy who started that school charity drive is going to hell

Many goons are locked into dead end retail jobs and will poo poo post on this dead forum until they breathe their last - doesn’t get more bad place than that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAtlan...445490909097984

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarcyCar...557836448874496

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Positing that insignificant things peeve you get you negative points: -85738584.774

Posting about posting that negative things that peeve you get negative points:-5747839385858848448532

This post: +834.386345 points

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009

Abstract artificial construct?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dollar dollar
bill y'all

Only Good Place adjacent, but I stumbled upon a page that listed all of the Rewards and Punishments from the 1996 game Afterlife, and I knew there was at least one like this. I'll edit or post more if I find them:

Faux Heaven

Many of the Slothful Damned believe that they deserve to be in Heaven, little realizing that their lazy ways have earned them a place in Hell. For these self-deluded fools, Hell hath created these cheesy replicas of Heaven. They're just like the real Heaven...except that they suck.

Illuminatiland

One of a handful of "phony Heavens" that dot the landscape of Hell, Illuminatiland is one of the most nefarious. It seems just like Heaven to the incarcerated, but after a while they begin to suspect that things "just aren't right." They begin to notice conspiracies operating just out of the corners of their eyes, and shadows lurking where none were present before. When the Damned try to tell their friends about "the Big Lie," they're initially receptive, then are mysteriously co-opted by the mysterious "Men in Black." Eventually, the Damned collapse into gibbering paranoia, spouting theories so insane that even Oliver Stone would dismiss them as "too wacky."

e: poo poo, I thought there were more than just the two...

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2018 around 23:51

precision
May 7, 2006

Double great.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i was curious what kind of name "d'arcy" was and oh. oh no..

ahahahaha

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Do The Brown Nose

Is Brooklyn 99 worth checking out if I loved this show? I liked the first few seasons of Parks and Rec but started to find the characters really exhausting by the end.

flatluigi
Apr 22, 2008

here come the planes

Lester Shy posted:

Is Brooklyn 99 worth checking out if I loved this show? I liked the first few seasons of Parks and Rec but started to find the characters really exhausting by the end.

Yeah, Brooklyn 99 is strong beginning to end. I think The Good Place is better, but there's some really great stuff in 99.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

Lester Shy posted:

It's got strong characters. If you don't like them to begin with, you won't like the show.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

That said Charles does get better. Overall it's got the same issue parks does that the characters are fun but wear thin over the years.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Greetings from Asbury Park

Lester Shy posted:

It started out good, but by the end of the first season I had mostly lost interest, and didn't watch more . But I feel the same way about almost all american comedies, The Good Place is the exception.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I spent SOOO much time playing that game back in the day.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Brooklyn 99 is very good and maybe one of the best shows ever in terms of opening scenes. All of the pre-credits openers are hilarious. Fortunately/Unfortunately B99 has a strong YouTube presence meaning a ton of great clips are readily available. It also means they crack down hard and any clip not on their channel gets taken down, so its impossible to find things like The Full Bullpen, or Charles various Halloween bits.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

hangedman1984 posted:

That game has a legit amazing soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...E64622F1BDA2CCC

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Afterlife was great, but iirc it was really, really really hard. Really good art direction too.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dollar dollar
bill y'all

^ It was only difficult until you had enough penny income from souls to start auto-balancing stuff. You were in the (general) clear after that. Just keep Bats Out Of Hell running constantly (because bat-pooped-on structures are put out Bad Vibes which is ideal for hell), never build the first Hell reward structure, and your only impediment is that Heaven will become a nightmare because 1996 didn't have the technology to model traffic very well. And convince the planet that reincarnation is bullshit, because gently caress those anti-alignment buildings.

hangedman1984 posted:

Between it and Diablo 2, the first reveal of The Good Place was practically spoiled for me going into it. You could've had Ted Danson's name be Jasper.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2018 around 01:34

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

expand your culinary horizons

so which was the right hat?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

so which was the right hat?

The one Chidi didn't pick, duh.

It's so obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I knew someone like Chidi in terms of their ability to make decisions quickly. It's absolutely infuriating, specially when you're out to dinner with them. Place that only sells like 5 things and the server comes over? Everyone else can make a snap choice, but when you get to them it's "Ohh, uhhh, uhhhhh oh god I only read through them once. Ummmm. No, no I'm not ready, oh you'll come back? Thanks" and then since we didn't have our poo poo together the server comes back like 10 min later because the place is busy as hell and then the dude still takes another few min to get his order out of his mouth and then seems worried he ordered the "wrong" thing the entire wait.

They were also vegan but would never ask "oh is X vegan?" they'd instead ask a million individual ingredient questions. "Does the bun have an egg glaze?" "Is there mayo in the sauce?" and so on, then send the food back if it had some non-vegan ingredient they forgot to ask about.

«67 »