Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«70 »
Silly Burrito
Nov 26, 2007

HE'S OVER FIVE THOUSAAAAAAND!!!!!

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

I hope that's a promo shot from the first season, because it'd suck for Manny to have to get back in those robes for every photo shoot just to avoid spoilers, when he's probably going to be in a Jags jersey and snapback most of this season.

In a twist, the back of the robes say BORTLES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Here I post;
I can do no other.

maybe Jason gets sent back to the Earth life of that monk

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

maybe Jason gets sent back to the Earth life of that monk

As far as we know, that monk didn't really exist.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Here I post;
I can do no other.

the idea is really funny to me though. so i hope it's what happens

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Wait is that saying season 3 starts in September or is it a promo for a rerun of the season 1 premier or what

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Season 3 is in 99 days.

Silly Burrito
Nov 26, 2007

HE'S OVER FIVE THOUSAAAAAAND!!!!!

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

Season 3 is in 99 days.

Such a long wait is truly a mark of the Bad Place.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Grimey Drawer

Hearing Manny Jacinto talk on the latest episode of the podcast is like hearing Brian Baumgartner talk on The Office DVD commentaries.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

swickles posted:

Season 3 is in 99 days.

NINE NINE!

Wait... wrong Schur show...

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr. Customs Man.

Biscuit Hider

CPColin posted:

Hearing Manny Jacinto talk on the latest episode of the podcast is like hearing Brian Baumgartner talk on The Office DVD commentaries.

It's so weird not to hear him say "Homie!" at the end of a sentence.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially

Taco Defender

"The only thing going through my mind is that I'm touching Ted Danson!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anyone going to San Diego Comic Con?

https://thegoodplacesdcc.com/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

D'Arcy Carden and Megan Amram on today's The Good Place: The Podcast. It's as excellent as you might think.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ted Danson on this week's podcast.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Best revelation: Ted runs his lines with his wife, Mary, and she actually performs them, not just reading them monotone, which tickles MEJ because it means she's played Shawn

Your Taint
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, beefy lad, better than you.

Gaz-L posted:

Best revelation: Ted runs his lines with his wife, Mary, and she actually performs them, not just reading them monotone, which tickles MEJ because it means she's played Shawn

I need to see Mary Steenburgen in the show in some capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I've been curled up at home with tonsilitis and binged both seasons in a day and a half. Holy crap this show is great you guys.

I was talking to a friend about all the Lost-era shows that would just pile up loads and loads of convoluted twists and turns for no real reason. And then this show comes along and completely blows them out of the water with it's Bad Place twist. Absolutely flawless in build up and execution, and made me want to instantly go back and watch it all again.

Favourite gags:
- Shawn retreating into his cocoon
- Janet pleading for her life
- "Who died and left Aristotle in charge of ethics?" "....Plato"
- The excruciatingly long back and forth over "that the file? not a cactus? you're going to give me a file aren't you?"

Season 2 was maybe a bit weaker in the middle, but the Bad Place montage was amazing, and I want to blow up this shot and put it on my wall:

She's clearly in hell there, but its so adorable.

«70 »