Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The most successful torture of their entire stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I wonder if that was the version where Jason figured it out

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The_Doctor posted:

In the iteration where Eleanor and Tahani were paired up as soulmates, does that mean Chidi and Jason also were?
:thunk:

No they both got golden retrievers.
I want to see the dog soulmate run :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jameela Jamil is a national treasure. :allears:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The_Doctor posted:

Jameela Jamil is a national treasure. :allears:

I don't think she is married.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

They range from "incorrect" to "hilariously incorrect."
There is no "Good place" or "Bad place", the entire thing is a simulation to teach Janet, the most vile sociopath in human history, to actually care about other human beings. She's the only "real person" and they've been running it for thousands of years and we're only now seeing results.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Ted Danson is on the most recent episode of WTF with Marc Maron and if you enjoy his giggling I suggest listening to it. At least he does a lot in the first ten minutes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think she is married.

BRB, gonna go grow another 4 inches, get a lot better looking, develop a better personality, and get into better shape real quick.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

swickles posted:

Ted Danson is on the most recent episode of WTF with Marc Maron and if you enjoy his giggling I suggest listening to it. At least he does a lot in the first ten minutes.

I recently watched season 2 of Fargo and I was

- constantly expecting him to pat people on the shoulder/back
- really worried for his character's survival all the time

The guy is just too charming to be in crime series.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God yeah, I was absolutely convinced he was gonna die every other second he was on screen and it was extremely worrying :)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

BRB, gonna go grow another 4 inches, get a lot better looking, develop a better personality, and get into better shape real quick.

Condolences to your micropeen my man

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I call him my Lil' Slugger and that seems to turn the laughter from being at me to with me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fruit on the bottom posted:

Maybe he's rounding up for a footlong.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Hey some girls are into that. It's like, their fetish

at least i loving hope that's the case

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i sense... point deductions suddenly

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That beautiful giraffe doesn't care if you're short, my man (lady? Whatevs.)

I mean, probably.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Whenever I read a headline about the Alexas laughing at people I just thought about Bad Janet. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just binged through this show over a few days and it's good stuff. Funniest moment had to be Michael's "solution" to the Trolley Problem that had me actually crying laughing.

FactsAreUseless posted:

They range from "incorrect" to "hilariously incorrect."

And occasionally "completely accurate prediction that gets completely ignored by everyone else in the thread".

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SirSamVimes posted:

I just binged through this show over a few days and it's good stuff. Funniest moment had to be Michael's "solution" to the Trolley Problem that had me actually crying laughing.
This may have been posted way back in the thread, but I only saw it recently and it was absolutely hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

JazzFlight posted:

This may have been posted way back in the thread, but I only saw it recently and it was absolutely hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

It was, but it is still hilarious.

edit: I also just want to say that Michael's heel turn was loving brilliant. There's just the right length of pause before the evil smirk and diabolical chuckle. Him casually breaking a houseplant out of spite is just icing on the evil cake. And while I love his arc in season 2, I regret that now that he's actually on Team Good we probably won't get to hear that anymore.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 17, 2018

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Janet is taking an acting class from Fonzie on Barry!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

This actually might be my favorite moment in the whole series so far

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

SirSamVimes posted:

Refresh my memory please, what was his solution? I feel like it's on the tip of my brain, but I'm also too lazy to go back and check it out.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've had this one bookmarked for when I need a giggle. I may need help.

I'm spoilering because there are still posts of new people discovering this show.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

"Great work!"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kristen Bell was on the Dax Shepard Podcast a couple months ago.

Totally awesome, they were lovely at each other for half of it.

http://podbay.fm/show/1345682353/e/1518598800?autostart=1

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Having a tweet liked by Megan Amram: +1000 points

https://twitter.com/CPColin/status/991399975769653248

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just checking in to say I've binged this and can't wait for more, although I have no idea what format the next season will take. Bell and Danson absolutely slay.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

My wife and I have been throwing on Cheers as our background show lately, and man is it weird to whiplash between Danson as Michael the nicely malicious demon and Danson as Sam Malone the handsome sex obsessed jock.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Ted Danson looks like a man who smells really nice.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Boy, Getting Even with Dad really torpedoed what should've been a sure-thing run as a movie star.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

swickles posted:

Ted Danson looks like a man who smells really nice.

That's kind of a creepy thing to say.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The_Doctor posted:

In the iteration where Eleanor and Tahani were paired up as soulmates, does that mean Chidi and Jason also were?
:thunk:

The most disturbing part of that montage to me is that the beautiful Golden Retriever is actually a Bad Dog.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LividLiquid posted:

Boy, Getting Even with Dad really torpedoed what should've been a sure-thing run as a movie star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umgUDUxHKfY

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Your Taint posted:

The most disturbing part of that montage to me is that the beautiful Golden Retriever is actually a Bad Dog.

Wrong. Even in the Bad Place, all dogs are Good Dogs.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
It's actually a dog-shaped construct that does not feel love.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Not all dogs go to the Good Place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah, I suspected as much.

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/998217347855925249

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
This could be real good.

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/999730363143344128

• Locked thread