Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Marc Evan Jackson hosting is an incredible pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

Marc Evan Jackson hosting is an incredible pick.

Twist: He hosts in character.
Double twist: In character as Kevin Cozner from Brooklyn 99.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I was watching the remixed Arrested Development season 4 and he was randomly a contestant on fake Storage Wars.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:stare:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is it an actual law that all official TV related statements have to call every show a "hit" show?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Baronjutter posted:

Is it an actual law that all official TV related statements have to call every show a "hit" show?

it's a hit show mate, Megan Amram will have gotten an Emmy for it!!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Twist: He hosts in character.
Double twist: In character as Kevin Cozner from Brooklyn 99.

He's... from Earth.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

now when you say manufacturing, I'm imagining some terrifying Bad Place engineering.

also I only just realized it - Michael's plan to have the humans torture themselves was an attempt to disrupt the torture market and bring down costs, possibly making millions of demons unemployed. What a monster.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Baronjutter posted:

In the UK I used to see commercials for ‘the latest hit from America’ despite the fact it would invariably be for some show that got canceled 1/2 way through the first season, six months prior.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He's... from Earth.

Mark Gagliardi guest spot when?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

cptn_dr posted:

Mark Gagliardi guest spot when?

We would be under onus to you for this suggestion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Onus.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
They hotus 'cause they onus.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
In seriousness, does Shawn's character really need an even stiffer foil? He's already the alien straight man himself, and he does better in a position of malevolent but stone-faced authority without a goofy henchmandeputy to lay him low.

Now, does he need to be challenged by long-suffering hotshot demon from the other side of the tracks with whom he has personal awkwardness and professional rivalry Busy Philipps? Absolutely.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Caphi posted:

In seriousness, does Shawn's character really need an even stiffer foil? He's already the alien straight man himself, and he does better in a position of malevolent but stone-faced authority without a goofy henchmandeputy to lay him low.

Now, does he need to be challenged by long-suffering hotshot demon from the other side of the tracks with whom he has personal awkwardness and professional rivalry Busy Philipps? Absolutely.

I really just want to see Mgags getting more work, but holy poo poo I'm here for this. I would sell my soul to see Busy Philipps show up.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Get PFT in to spread fun and whimsy and I will do anything you ask.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
The first episode of the official Good Place podcast is out and it’s an hour long interview with Michael Schur.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I finally watched through this show after being told by a friend about 50 times to watch it and it's easily the best thing on network tv right now. My favorite part was when Mindy got her cocaine.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The podcast with Schur is a delight. Loved the anecdotes about Ted Danson.

Has anyone seen the film he did with Kristen Bell? I had no idea such a thing existed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mike Schur answers all of your questions about the show's second season, and even a few about what's to come next season. Good interview, highly recommend reading it.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Thanks for posting this! It does have some things that might be considered spoilers, including settling the question on whether the end Season 2 occurred in the real world or another simulation. Other than that, it mentions which episodes of the new season address some questions about how time passes and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Tequila25 posted:

Thanks for posting this! It does have some things that might be considered spoilers, including settling the question on whether the end Season 2 occurred in the real world or another simulation. Other than that, it mentions which episodes of the new season address some questions about how time passes and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I hate to be a sperglord about it but that Chidi speaking French thing had been bothering me like crazy so I'm glad it's getting addressed. Probably something like a 2 line explanation of "hey how do you like my English? I learned it from watching PBS!"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i think it's pretty funny that a throwaway gag about language working differently in the afterlife painted them into a corner two years later. it's a perfect coincidence for a show that repeatedly sets up complex logic about how the world works, and then smashes it all to bits

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
I mean, maybe Chidi speaks perfect English and just found it more comfortable to speak in French in the good place, which just used his English speaking voice for the result?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If the Jaguars had won, I imagine the 'out' they'd have written would be something like the changes made to the timeline (IE, the quartet being alive) somehow influenced the outcome of the game. Like Jason in the stands at the game somehow alters a key play when he distracts a coach at a crucial moment... or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bobulus posted:

Like Jason in the stands at the game somehow alters a key play when he distracts a coach at a crucial moment with a Molotov cocktail.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Immolated Bill Belichick with a Molotov cocktail: +145,358 points

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Whereas the version in the actual episode will probably be that Bortles was able to play much better without Jason constantly tweeting and insta-ing him and showing up at his house, and then Jason recovered from his near-death just in time for the playoffs.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Just a friendly reminder that a new episode of the podcast was posted today! It's been great fun to listen to so far, and it's got some really interesting behind-the-scenes stuff. This week's guests are Jameela Jamil and set designer Camille Bratkowski.

Found here: https://www.nbc.com/the-good-place/exclusives/tgp-podcast

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jameela Jamil is an absolute delight :allears:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

howe_sam posted:

Jameela Jamil is an absolute delight :allears:

So much.

"I pretended to like rubbish music, so in that sense I'd been acting for ten years!"

Also Ted Danson self-referring to himself as "national treasure". Everyone seems to have such fun on the show. Also the audio experience makes me want audiobooks from Danson and M.E.J. (as I'm sure no one ever refers to him)

Only issue with this ep was Marc mostly having to go back and forth between two people with different involvement in the show, outside the common ground of discussing Tehani's home. I would like a good discussion about the design of Elanor's clown house though. Nominally each podcast episode corresponds to a show episode and e3 was the first one dedicated to Tehani, but they don't seem to focus on the full story, like Chidi being encouraged to drop his thesis, which I think is the first major thing to be re-contextualized by e13.

Oh oh! And also Marc blowing my mind last week when he said he auditioned for Doyle in Brooklyn Nine Nine. I have to assume Kevin didn't exist as a character beyond Holt's unseen/unnamed husband at that point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BizarroAzrael posted:

Also the audio experience makes me want audiobooks from Danson and M.E.J. (as I'm sure no one ever refers to him)

You should check out the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast for more MEJ if you haven’t.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

You should check out the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast for more MEJ if you haven’t.

I think it's going behind a paywall soon, so everyone should get on that asap.

On that note, if you ever get the chance to see him (and the rest of the Workjuice Players) doing an improv set, you should 100% take it. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
MEJ as Charles in B99 would've been VERY different. If for no other reason than the height difference between him and Joe LaTruglio means that the dynamic with Samberg would've been immediately dissimilar.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

cptn_dr posted:

I really just want to see Mgags getting more work, but holy poo poo I'm here for this. I would sell my soul to see Busy Philipps show up.

She is the best part of the half season of Kimmy Schmidt that just went up a few weeks ago.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Season 2 kind of soured me on Kimmy but I'm suddenly considering looking at the new season.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cptn_dr posted:

I think it's going behind a paywall soon, so everyone should get on that asap.

It is!?!?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1009144493700890625

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope that's a promo shot from the first season, because it'd suck for Manny to have to get back in those robes for every photo shoot just to avoid spoilers, when he's probably going to be in a Jags jersey and snapback most of this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I hope that's a promo shot from the first season, because it'd suck for Manny to have to get back in those robes for every photo shoot just to avoid spoilers, when he's probably going to be in a Jags jersey and snapback most of this season.

I assume so, also it means no-one gets spoilered if they've not watched the show before.

• Locked thread