Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Is this the last season or is there one more? I had read that Schur had the whole series mapped out and it would only go a set number of seasons if renewed.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Glad to hear that Mike Schur is a peanut M&Ms fan. Plus, we learn the origin of his Twitter handle!

Is it near the end? I am like 75% through it and don't remember that and am worried I zoned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

swickles posted:

Is it near the end? I am like 75% through it and don't remember that and am worried I zoned out.

m&m chat takes place during the one last meaningless thing what's good segment. The history of Ken Tremendous came a little before that. I suppose his love of Thomas Pynchon also helps explain the name Fremulon, since that also sounds like something out of a Pynchon book.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I was introduced to froyo when I lived in the US, and it’s pretty good when it’s hot all the time and you want a cold treat. Downside, it can get drat expensive at those places that weigh it and charge you accordingly.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

The_Doctor posted:

I was introduced to froyo when I lived in the US, and it’s pretty good when it’s hot all the time and you want a cold treat. Downside, it can get drat expensive at those places that weigh it and charge you accordingly.

gently caress those places. $15 for a tub of frozen yoghurt.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

:( its spelled "bonza"

then why is there an R sound

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, and they make the cups so big that you're not supposed to think about it. I hate it on principle but ... all those flavors ...

I definitely prefer an honest cone from an honest establishment, of course. The kind that would use the heavier cream because they just want to be better.

Edit: now that I think about it, the pineapple frozen yogurt stand is actually my favorite thing at Disneyland. You get some refreshingly yummy and reasonably priced (!!!) frozen yogurt, and then you can sit in the Tiki Hut attraction while you eat it. Perfection.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

then why is there an R sound

It's silent. Like 'tosser.'

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 11, 2018

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Yeah us australians do the same thing as brits where words ending in 'er' are pronounced more like 'ah' or 'uh', we don't stress the R at the end of words as much as americans. It's like almost like a british accent but without loving up the words tacos, nachos or mario.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Yeah us australians do the same thing as brits where words ending in 'er' are pronounced more like 'ah' or 'uh', we don't stress the R at the end of words as much as americans. It's like almost like a british accent but without loving up the words tacos, nachos or mario.

I did linguistics in uni. It's a uniquely American trait called foreign-accented-ah. Canadians don't even do it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i've been saying "bonza" to myself trying to figure out what vowel sounds the two major aussie accents use for it and now its lost all meaning

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i've been saying "bonza" to myself trying to figure out what vowel sounds the two major aussie accents use for it and now its lost all meaning

"bon" like in bon

"za" as in za

this one's a real humdinger of a noisestring i tell you what

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

Whalley posted:

this one's a real humdinger of a noisestring i tell you what

wait is it humdinger or humdinga

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
brodies spells it "humdinger" much to the chagrin of myself and my fifty other nom de plumes under which I write angry letters to Brodies management

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

wait is it humdinger or humdinga
weirdly it's pronounced humdurry

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I hope it's Vicki saying "bonza" because she worked so hard on that accent!

Also I'm rewatching Better Off Ted this evening. At some point I want to see Phil and Lem doing research in The Bad Place HQ.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Jet Jaguar posted:

Also I'm rewatching Better Off Ted this evening. At some point I want to see Phil and Lem doing research in The Bad Place HQ.

Hell yes, Veridian forever!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jet Jaguar posted:

Oh my god imagine if Bad Place employees try to sabotage the experiment.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Oh my god imagine if Bad Place employees try to sabotage the experiment.

... that's practically a given, isn't it? Imo it's the obvious direction to take the show in. Of course I'd like to explore more of the Bad Place but that would get very painful on the show's budget. The alternative is that team Cockroach gets shoved into a new medium or bad place pocket dimension but that would risk retreading old ground, which the writers seem weary of.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

After season 2 I'm not willing to make any predictions about the show's direction.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MikeJF posted:

After season 2 I'm not willing to make any predictions about the show's direction.

I predict it will be good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MikeJF posted:

Chidi being the Doom Slayer was a fun twist!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I wanna see Janet telefrag someone

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

I wanna see Janet telefrag someone

:) "Not a Low Ping Bastard!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

There Bias Two posted:

I predict it will be good.

I predict you're right.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MikeJF posted:

I like the idea that Michael is being tortured. Anything more specific than that would be foolish to predict, but that much feels correct.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Spoilers for today's episode of the podcast: They redid the intro and outro and now Bad Janet does the latter. :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And it's so so good. As is the origin story of "Ya Basic"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
From todays podcast:

I NEED to see the Jason as a mime footage.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Also, an extremely British "gently caress off" that the censor missed!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
this latest ep had me in tears, those two together are perfect :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

"Gauss Cannon or Plasma Rifle to kill the Hell Knight... oh... no... or the shotgun... too many options... oh no, stomachache...."

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

"Gauss Cannon or Plasma Rifle to kill the Hell Knight... oh... no... or the shotgun... too many options... oh no, stomachache...."

chainsaw all day every day

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

double nine posted:

Found Jason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

double nine posted:

And waste 3 fuel? Maybe if I have a billion dollars pounds, Tahani!

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

double nine posted:

If it's the original games. In the 2016 game you run out of fuel after using it like twice

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this latest ep had me in tears, those two together are perfect :allears:

I loved their plan to cast a ton of famous people as Tahani's friends so they could both go meet them!

Plus, the whole bit about chowder--"A Little Bit Chowder Now" is probably my favorite restaurant name after "The Strudel is Real"

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/913642289834090497

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jet Jaguar posted:

Plus, the whole bit about chowder--"A Little Bit Chowder Now" is probably my favorite restaurant name after "The Strudel is Real"

I'm personally very fond of "Beignet and the Jets."

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there is a special circle in the bad place reserved for punny people.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

double nine posted:

there is a special circle in the bad place reserved for punny people.

Of course there is. It's in charge of making the signs.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

seaborgium posted:

Of course there is. It's in charge of making the signs.

out of their own skin, I'm assuming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

double nine posted:

out of their own skin, I'm assuming?

Of course not, even demon's recognize talent when they see it.

• Locked thread