Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
They paint them with the magically multicolored blood of their most beloved friends and family members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Rewatching Season Two to catch up again.

Ted Danson is so good in "Existential Crisis" and "Michael and Janet," though I wish they'd have nominated D'Arcy Carden as well. "Who has one thumb and wants to keep going? This not-girl!"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Also this is pretty cool! Glen won a Hugo!

https://twitter.com/locusmag/status/1031394313576439811

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I finally got my boyfriend to try the show last Monday, and of course he liked it and we're up to episode 10. It's interesting watching it again knowing the truth. And it's hard not to demand we stay up all night to watch every episode because there's so much to look forward to.

I was also very surprised to realize that a) Demi from Gilmore Guys is a writer on this show, and b) not one but two of Derek's groupies are wrestlers on GLOW.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Demi is also a cohost of Punch Up The Jam which is objectively the funniest podcast ever made. He’s also responsible for a bunch of fake theme songs to movies. He’s a pro twitter follow.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

i am the bird posted:

Demi is also a cohost of Punch Up The Jam which is objectively the funniest podcast ever made. He’s also responsible for a bunch of fake theme songs to movies. He’s a pro twitter follow.

Thank you for reminding me of his Ready Player One theme song

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

He may have been on-staff for season 1, where he has one credited episode (most likely meaning he wrote the first draft), but I don't think he was on staff for Season 2 and beyond. I am pretty sure he wrote for the New Warriors Marvel show (With Squirrel Girl) whenever that sees the light of day.

It's pretty normal for shows, especially good ones, to have a good deal of writer turnover season-to-season. It's not because the writers who are don't remain on staff are bad, it's that they have more opportunities open to them, and others come in to fill in their places. Plus, shorter seasons means less money until the new WGA contract/strike (which will likely happen in 2020) and then they capitulate and get barely anything, again.

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 21, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Propaniac posted:

I finally got my boyfriend to try the show last Monday, and of course he liked it and we're up to episode 10. It's interesting watching it again knowing the truth. And it's hard not to demand we stay up all night to watch every episode because there's so much to look forward to.

I was also very surprised to realize that a) Demi from Gilmore Guys is a writer on this show, and b) not one but two of Derek's groupies are wrestlers on GLOW.
GLOW is almost all comedic actors and it kicks rear end

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Propaniac posted:

Derek's groupies

Wha? :confused:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Trevor, not Derek.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really wish we could have gotten more Adam Scott in season 2.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Well, he's got more free time this year so may be he'll pop up on season 3.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Going through Amran’s Twitter feed for the first time in about a year and shocked to see I almost missed the An Emmy For Megan saga

https://vimeo.com/266625416

Some more photos of promotion from Twitter

I hope she wins, and I hope her acceptance speech is solely

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I wonder if she'll delete her Twitter on the day *rump finally becomes not-President.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

Going through Amran’s Twitter feed for the first time in about a year and shocked to see I almost missed the An Emmy For Megan saga

https://vimeo.com/266625416

Some more photos of promotion from Twitter

I hope she wins, and I hope her acceptance speech is solely

It has spread to her Wikipedia page, too. Her Emmy status is listed as "Pending."

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

Toast Museum posted:

Trevor, not Derek.

Thanks, I meant to check the name but forgot. Thinking of Step Brothers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh yeah, one of the background Bad Placers in those episodes is Melrose, right? (Who's the other one?)

MaxieSatan posted:

Thank you for reminding me of his Ready Player One theme song

Still not sure if that, or his Solo one where he does an eerie impression of Camp-era Glover is better.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Gaz-L posted:

Oh yeah, one of the background Bad Placers in those episodes is Melrose, right? (Who's the other one?)

Beirut, played by Sunita Mani.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DarcyCarden/status/1032271906995499011

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Good Place Season 3: Hell on Earth

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I think they've mentioned "season 3 or 4" on the podcast a couple of times in the last few episodes.

Would be thrilled if they knew they had a season 4 as they wrote season 3, though they were willing to let season 1 end like it did without a pickup. So who knows?

Also, I love the fake ads they are doing this "season" of the podcast.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
How come the medium place doesnt have a Janet?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

A Janet is required to keep things running, be it a perfect Good Place neighborhood or a hellish Bad Place neighborhood.

There isn't really anything to run in the Medium Place, it just...is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

BlueBayou posted:

The medium place was only recently created, and since there is a single person it stands that it is an inefficient use of resources.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

There's a Medium Janet, and she's actually super helpful, but gently caress if you can ever find where she is.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

A Big Dark Yak posted:

There's a Medium Janet, and she's actually super helpful, but gently caress if you can ever find where she is.
She's living in a castle of pure cocaine perpetually just over the horizon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A Big Dark Yak posted:

You can’t summon Medium Janet, you can only go to her and she’s an awkward ten minute walk away.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Medium Janet will be there to help you but she'll spend 15 minutes showing you pictures of her cats first

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Medium Janet will help you, but for a price.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I still don't know what they do if someone in the afterlife is actually named "Janet"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Speaking of Janet and random Good Place sightings, that actress is one of the acting students in Barry. And she's kind of a jerk! It's excellent.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ashpanash posted:

I still don't know what they do if someone in the afterlife is actually named "Janet"

The Janets aren't really named Janet. That's just what Eleanor hears. Just like how she hears everything in English regardless of what language is actually being spoken.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Her real name is pronounced "Yanet."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Her real name is pronounced "Yanet."

Half the people hear it as "Laurel".

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

OH GOD.

Remember in episode 8, where the demons are partying hard and playing wrecking ball with the neighbourhood, accompanied by Bad Janet's DJ skills?

Someone has actually created Bad Janet's playlist, "She Hates Me" and "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" played at the same time!

:siren: :siren: this is BAD. REALLY BAD.

enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyrv6NxpsKA

whoever in the writer's room created this, is the true demonic genius.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ugh, terrible. (Reposting everywhere.)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

CPColin posted:

Ugh, terrible. (Reposting everywhere.)

Sharing pain with others makes life bearable.

also I hate all of you dingdongs in this thread

double nine fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 24, 2018

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Thanks, I hate it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

cptn_dr posted:

Thanks, I hate it.
Did you get this from Lindsay Ellis, out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

double nine posted:

OH GOD.

Remember in episode 8, where the demons are partying hard and playing wrecking ball with the neighbourhood, accompanied by Bad Janet's DJ skills?

Someone has actually created Bad Janet's playlist, "She Hates Me" and "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" played at the same time!

:siren: :siren: this is BAD. REALLY BAD.

enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyrv6NxpsKA

whoever in the writer's room created this, is the true demonic genius.

Oh my god.

• Locked thread