Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Dr. Who chat is somehow even worse than accent chat. Time to reboot this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

man, how much of a loving sadsack do you have to be to let your fear of ~NEEEEERDS~ get in the way of entertaining a legitimately interesting question that's actually tangentially relevant to the show? i don't even like DW and i think this is a pretty neat line of thought

like, the core question here is, how the gently caress would the X Place system react to a being that's lived an extremely goddamn long time across what humans would perceive as multiple different "selves," all with their own unique personality and motivations and thoughts, and perceived most of that time non-linearly on top of that? can that sort of thing even be judged the same way a human would be? do you judge each iteration individually and try to average them out?

essentially, if a Janet somehow got a soul on Earth, what in the name of hell would happen to it when it dies, given that we've actively seen that Janets make judging mechanisms poo poo themselves? like, if you absolutely need this to not be DW-related at all, let's just reframe the question to that

Losing your poo poo and writing three paragraphs defending your dr who/good place crossover fanfic against a joke: -83458945987345

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Positing that insignificant things peeve you get you negative points: -85738584.774

Posting about posting that negative things that peeve you get negative points:-5747839385858848448532

This post: +834.386345 points

• Locked thread