Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
I think of Jason like Randy from My Name Is Earl: mostly too dim to consider the big issues of right and wrong. He's going to do whatever the people around him are doing. Left to his own devices he'll drift toward people as dumb and venal as he is, but if forced to be around thoughtful decent people then some of that is going to rub off.

As an aside, I think the bullying of Michael by Trevor and his pals was not an act. I think they're genuine assholes and even though they're working together, Michael genuinely dislikes and is intimidated by them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

"I know everything that happened in your life and it was all stupid."

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Evil Ted Danson teaming up with the humans is the best possible outcome and no matter what route this takes next, it's going to be amazing. He'll have to work against the other demons, too! :neckbeard:
Let's see, Michael wants to make it appear to everyone else that the humans are being tortured, the humans don't want to be tortured, so the deal must be something like "you guys pretend to be miserable and don't let on you've figured this out, and in return you can have anything you want." Like a mini-paradise in hell they can hang out in when nobody's watching. A four-person budhole, if you will.

EDIT: Although I wonder what Eleanor's plan was going to be before Michael proposed the alliance.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Lycus posted:

At first I was like "Why the hell is Tahani upset that people with magic powers are throwing a better party?" but then she realized how dumb that was.
I think it's hilarious that Tahani was fully aware it was a trap and walked into it anyway.

I wonder if that's ultimately going to happen to all four characters: even knowing the town is a setup, they still end up torturing each other and themselves because they're flawed and can't help it.

Maybe Michael's mistake was resetting when someone figured out the game. Maybe he should've let things play out regardless.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Just found and binged on the entirety of this show, and man alive I'm loving it. Figured out the twist in the first episode (I guess I played too much Diablo 2 as a kid), but I was just waiting for the shoe to drop and it was wonderful.

Yeah, when I started binging literally the only thing I knew about the show was "they're actually in the bad place". It didn't make watching it any less interesting, and when the reveal came and you learn how it was all done, it was still a great moment. That's the good kind of twist, the kind that's still compelling even after you know it.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Fish tacos are a perfect example of making a good thing a little bit worse so you can have more of it.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Can Derek get more cocaine? Because I think Mindy's going to be even more miserable when it runs out.

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, Michael solved the trolley problem. He threw Vicky under the trolley to save five other people.

:psyboom:

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

I keep worrying that Mindy's cocaine got confiscated.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Though I'm sure Eleanor was thinking "Did I step into a bar that also serves dessert? Score!"

We didn't get much Janet this episode, but she's correct: she's broken the normal bounds of Janethood. Recall that the whole reason Michael stole her in the first place was because Good and Evil Janets are physically incapable of behaving like the other. Then in the penultimate episode of this season she does just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Eleanor should've been allowed to be hit just hard enough to land her in the hospital, where she learns about karma from Carson Daly.

• Locked thread